Are dogs a good investment?

are dogs a good investment?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/turtlecoin/turtlecoin/wiki/How-To-Mine-TurtleCoin-on-Windows
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you’re a miserable bastard then yes, they’ll love you and stop you from offing yourself.

Emotionally and psychologically yes.
Financially no

Losing one will kys you completely, especially when you have a doggo for many years. I therefore advise against it

Better investment than GF

dogs will be loyal to you until the end fampai

If your even half decent looking,( just shower regularly) a doggo will make your sex life go parabolic.

Id say yes just due to the emotional gains, always happy to see you, can pet, encourages you to exceriss

Financially no. 20-30 a week in food, plus toys and treats, atleast a yearly vet appointment 200-$300 And that’s not including possible illness , and they shit a lot

Nah man, go for turtles instead.

github.com/turtlecoin/turtlecoin/wiki/How-To-Mine-TurtleCoin-on-Windows

You can mine them z-pool.com

>always happy to see you

this. greatest companion you'll ever have in life but comes with deep emotional price in the end.

this is the reason i dont have a dog. im so scared to lose that fella :( i guess its worth it though... maybe in the future

unlike my family

Yes. Get a cheap mutt from the pound. Not only a smaller initial investment, they get sick less often and suffer less health performs in general. Plus rescue dogs pull pussy like no other.
The biggest cost really is time (training, esp in first year) and missed job opportunities (can't easily nice overseas with doggo).

Nice should read move obviously
> I'm a phoneposting faggot please rape my face

Unironically this, plus they won't take be taking your gainz when they get bored of you.

>$30 a week in dogfood

What the fuck that's more than I spend on my own food. Are you ordering your dog takeout or is it the size of a bear?

They are loyal no matter what. I stopped caring about mine when I got a gf. When she cheated, i realized how much I would ignore my comrade. Fought with my brother because he left the front door open and my dog ran out and got run over. I didn't know I could miss an animal so much. It's the little things you miss.

Kill yourself. Poor dog...

will i walk into it fucking my wife?

If you're lucky.

Get dog
Insert cocaine packet inside its stomach
Travel to Europe
Retrieve cocaine
Sell for 1000% gainz
Kek

I didn't get a dog until a few years ago. Helped me get through a lot, he wakes me up every morning to feed him.
If you're going to get one, adopt from a shelter. Those dogs will be way more appreciative than if you buy one at a pet store.

Pet store pooches are for faggots and normans

Well said, not going through that again

>doggo is closest thing you'll experience to unconditional love

Fuck I did not need to see that picture... we don't deserve dogs

Only if you get a CHAD breed like a Pitbull or a Great Dane

a little Beagle or a Pug? unlikely

Don't adopt dogs from shelter. They have defects and bad aesthetics. You can't even exhibit them. However, be very careful about buying a dog from a respectable kennel: dogs can have terminal illnesses due to inbreeding. It can die in several years.

don't listen to this inhuman faggot

"bad aesthetic" it's a friend not a fucking piece of furniture

try to get a dog that doesn't seem like a sociopath but don't choose based on looks

how does Veeky Forums train their dog. always been afraid to train a pup incase i fuck it up somehow.and there is too much controversy on the ways to train a dog and it pisses me off some of the info on how to train one comes from soccer moms and mom science

this
but also this

It's both the best and worst thing you could ever do to yourself.

Buy DOGE instead!

What do you mean by "train"?

If you're trying to train the dog to be a good companion, it's not that hard.

If you want to train him to be a hunting dog or a show dog then this probably isn't the best board to ask. Go to /an/.

I don't train dogs, but you should walk it regularly and force it to run until exhaustion (let it fetch sticks or something). Agility is crucial and leads to long life. Unless you mean other training, like discipline, psyche or special training for service dogs.
Shelter dogs are often traumatized and aren't kept in pristine condition. Imagine getting a friend who is having panic attacks and has sickness.

I got a golden doodle as a wedding present present and we bred her a few years later and I made almost $5,000 from the puppies. Everything included It was like $3,500 profit

100% positive reinforcement training. The basic idea is that you simply ignore unwanted behavior and greatly reward proper behavior. It's scientifically the best way to do it.

If you get angry and show great attention to, for example, your dog pissing on the floor (ie rubbing their face in it), you're simply telling your dog not to piss on the floor when you're around, or in an area where you might see him. Also dogs have a very short active memory, something like 2-5 minutes. So if you come home from work and rub your dog's face into his piss, when that was an action that he took 3 hours ago, he will not correlate the action of pissing and the negative consequence. He will just see you as a crazy motherfucker that likes rubbing dogs faces into piss.

Another very important thing is what said. Exercise. Teach your dog to fetch and make him play fetch for 30 minutes every morning. An exhausted dog is a well behaved and obedient dog.

>Pitbull
Literal niggers of dogs.

You're a real piece of shit my dude.

>Also dogs have a very short active memory
This is true, if you want to punish your dog, do it immediately after a crime. I hit dogs sharply (but not so hard) on the muzzle: it's very humiliating, but relatively painless. Sometimes you can raise your arm, like you want to hit, but not actually hit: the dog will cower, and it will have the same effect. Try not to hit elsewhere and don't maul your dog in berzerker fury: you can damage its spine and cartilage tissue, so it can become paralyzed when it gets old.

Not everybody lives in Canada, though.