Shiny Rock

Invested in Silver a few years back... its at 75% of it the price from when I bought it.
Do I drop out and put it all in cryptos? Do I hold and make money online somehow?

Other urls found in this thread:

shtfplan.com/emergency-preparedness/a-survival-q-a-living-through-shtf-in-the-middle-of-a-war-zone_10252011
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just hold silver long term, you missed out a few years ago. No point in selling unless you're desperate, although if you are to sell, I'd do it now while its $17+ oz.

Idk anything about silver. But you can easily make that back in crypto. Especially with the discounts you would be getting right now.

I sold my physical silver to buy XRP. However, I still hold long-term call options on gold/silver mining companies (AUY, SSRM, AG, JNUG).

Looking for a short term solution...
Is it best to hold and then get some money from an airdrop that skyrockets?

I'm not super desprate. That's a good point though. Might just sit on the silver for as long as possible.

What discounts? I dunno anything about em'...

That's smart.

Silver?
You mean Litecoin?

Nah

Is it possible to make microinvestments in cryptos and how? I'm talkin' cents

HODL till 2058

my last cry for advise
if this will be here in a hundred years...:
ETH: 0x24B2137e463287F40F93A63dC79f24726FeeD99E

faucets

>one word reply
lemme give this a search

Probably keep it. If an EMP from the sun takes out every electronic device, you'll be king. At least diversify. Hold a little of both. The biggest problem with Silver is that if you have a lot, it's very heavy and hard to store. Gold is much better in terms of weight to value.

Economy is doing well, stocks are up, things feel stable, so silver is down. Worst time to sell. If you're looking to sell high, wait for an economic crash. Or keep it and give it to you kids. Also, it doesn't make much sense to "invest" in silver, as it generates no income; it makes sense to buy silver as a way of maintaining value, low return, low risk, not affected by state-issued currency. If silver is a significant part of your holdings though, it could be a good idea to sell some and reinvest it. And remember, one of the best investments is always your own skills.

Luckily I don't have to deal with any storage issues. I don't have that much invested... Thanks for the info. I can agree with everything you said

I mean, unless OP specifies otherwise, I would assume it's contracts. In which case if something cataclysmic were to happen the government would just requisition it.

I appreciate the honest advise. You are right in that silver is less of an investment. Thanks

Op doesn’t have any fucking silver. You guys are aware of the fact this is a LaRp faggot board

We are talking less than a grand in it. I just need something to help me get my foot in the door with cryptos.

Or... I gamble... buy some coin and hope to get some scholarships so I don't fuck myself over.

I have physical silver bars, but don't expect them to be profitable. I don't follow commodities but the silver market is controlled and we won't see another spike to $30+ any time soon. It's not a natural market.

I would liquidate mine but the profit now from when I bought it a few years ago isn't worth the trouble. As a 'shit hits the fan' hedge, gold and silver is gay as fuck. The circumstances necessary for PM to be useful in an economic collapse are so narrow that your money is better spent almost anywhere else. The idea is that fiat collapses but the economy doesn't and somehow people will still want a sliver of shiny metal in exchange for food, water, clothing, etc that won't be available any more. 3 days after the trucks stop rolling, the grocery stores will be empty.

Ask a Venezuelan if he'd like a silver bar or a bag of half rotted bananas.

the silver bar could take him far if he uses it right

you would be an idiot to sell for crypto right now IMO. I guess it depends on how much you have but silver is 100% going to 200 bucks an oz in the next 100 years and who the fuck knows what crypto will do. Crypto is for money you can afford to lose but enough to make ur life better if you do go 1000x.

How far...?
I have almost that 1k in it at this point

It's not like OP is going to live another 100 years.

silver, well actually precious metals overall, tend to perform pretty poorly from an investment standpoint. They are better used as a form of wealth preservation, as they are more resistant to inflation. Not to mention, the entire precious metals market is heavily manipulated. Personally, i've taken some very modest crypto profits and purchased gold. I stack a small amount of silver as well, I have never been very good at saving money, so I purchase a few oz's of silver every month and treat it like a savings account of sorts. Satisfies my urge to buy, and at least i'm purchasing something that will at least maintain its value.

Fun fact user the oldest man ever was 112
>Hmmmmm...

I appreciate your approach. I can see myself doing this when I am in a more financially comfortable point in life. Aren't you actively losing money short-term with something like silver?

To a first-world country that still has people willing to trade essential supplies for non essential metal. If the economy gets bad enough where silver barter comes into play, it loses its value and even the rich will value MREs, vegetable seeds, and water purification tablets more than silver.

There was an interesting article about a guy from Yugoslavia who lived thru their collapse, the closest recent analogy to a modern nation having a govt collapse (before Venezuela). Guns and ammo are where it's at, he also had a propane tank that he modified to refill Bic lighters and use that for trade rather than just cooking with it for a week. Women were selling themselves for a can of spam to feed their kids. A single person will die and have their stuff taken no matter how vigilant. You must be in a group whether it's family or neighborhood. First aid, learn to suture a wound, identify edible plants, etc. Skills will keep you alive and valuable to a group. Get in physically good shape, a fat ass who can't walk 1 block is dead.

I hope my silver is worth more that vegitable seeds but If you can link me to the article I'll read it. thanks

you hold. And call it a hedge.

shtfplan.com/emergency-preparedness/a-survival-q-a-living-through-shtf-in-the-middle-of-a-war-zone_10252011

Definely what I am leaning towards at this point. Thanks

in a way yes, assuming spot price stays the same, any premium that I paid when I purchased would be hard to recover if I were to sell. But you can minimize that by looking for good deals or specials, often you can get within $1 or $2 over spot price. I plan on holding long term, may even give it to my kids one day. It's likely that by then that the value will have risen enough to offset any amount I lost paying premiums. Also, I'm not that great at saving money, and i'd probably just spend it on booze or dining out or something else that I didn't need. Silver at least keeps it's value (for the most part)

so it will still be worth a shitload in 20 years. You can give it to your kids and make them rich lol.