How secure is MyEtherWallet?

How secure is MyEtherWallet?
Is it a good place for depositing ETH?

Web based wallets are inherently less secure than normal wallets.

MEW doesn't hold anything its just a gateway to your wallet on the blockchain. It's pretty good though I always use it with no issues..

if you ask questions like that
you should quit crypto

Download MEW and use it locally on your computer. Install linux, get linux mint if you are linux pleb.

You are welcome.

If you have anything over 2k in crypto, and especially over 10k you need to get a hardware wallet.

what is the best hardware wallet for ETH?

I like the trezor, but the other solid one is the ledger nano. Both of these are the most widely used hardware wallets.

ledger for everything

have 65k in crypto, started with 5k
everything is on exchanges...

Natural selection awaits you nibba

maybe...

As secure as your private key is, circulating to the webtubes.

so you arent willing to spend 100 to protect your 65k? makes sense.

Ledger Nano S. Buy it from Ledger directly, don't be a retard and buy a second hand one from ebay.

Link me a tutorial

Ledger, made in china with custom hacked chink firmware pre-installed. You need to reflash it at a minimum to be safe Even then, no guarantee the hardware isn't running some compromised SoC. I'd stay the fuck away from these faggot hw wallets. Good old paper wallet is safer than anything. Nothing wrong with MEW offline and metamask for transfers either.

literally the owner of myetherwallet has all your passcodes and access to all your wallets. she's pretty hot , so its ok.

but she's rich as fuck

isn't ledger a french company ?

Yeah I'm way too paranoid to trust some closed source piece of hardware with my shit. Is blockchain.info any good? I bought my first btc in 2011 and used it back then. They still exist, if they didn't exit scam when btc hit 20k they won't do it in the future.

I thought Ledger is a scam, servers are in France, they have acces to my coins

>wtf I love MEW now

MOMMY

0/10

It's fine, I had all my coins on Bittrex for 6 months. I wanted to save the transaction time and fees. I withdrawn them to wallets a few weeks ago I got paranoid.

Fucking stupid mentality. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Download the offline version and stick it on a USB stick. Just as safe as a trezor/ledger.

I dont trust Trezor nor Ledger

French company, hw made in China. Never trust outsourced hw produced in China. It is unbelievable how often hw is compromised. Something like a hw wallet would be too good to be true.
Hypothetical to play devil's advocate, say China factory sends samples, they check out okay, then Baguettes test order their own product online and find that batch is compromised. Do you honestly think they'll tell you?