I'm finished

I'm one of those idiots that spent the last two paychecks on crypto to "make gains" to supplement being laid off. Really guys don't chase some bullshit dream if you don't know what you're getting into. It's got me borderline suicidal. Get out while you're on top seriously. I've fucked my entire life over this have no idea how I'm going to pay rent next week. 3 grand down the fucking drain.

Ignore rule 1: Dont invest money you cant afford to lose.
Crying about it blaming cryptocurrencies.

Nice LARP fucking faggot. You're a complete idiot if you bought anything on these premium sales going on and sold it. You would have tripled your money easily by the end of spring unless you're a complete fucking moron selling at a loss.

Suicide after losing x2 week's pay.

He must have sold the dip.

PUMP IT!

Yeah I bought when everything was going into the green and my friends kept telling me if I just hold onto such and such coin that I'd be good and BOOM not even the next 3 days after already half of it was gone. It was a "dude you could double your money in like a month EASY" type of bullshit talk that I knew in the back of my head was too good to fucking be true.

Ask your family for some money.

1) Looking at a new crypto as anything more than a passive hobby is retarded.
2) Luck happens - most people don't get rich quick, even when they try
3) Don't fucking invest money until you're debt free and have 6 months expenses sitting in a savings account with FDIC insurance or your country's equivalent.
4) Live frugally, avoid lifestyle increases with wage increases, invest in Vanguard funds with every cent you don't spend every month.

Coincidentally, this strategy helps out even when you get laid off occasionally. Start on that path when you get your next job OP and you'll be fine.

No way man my mom already has enough shit to deal with. I need to figure this out on my own. If anyone is hiring out in the Seattle/Renton area. I could really use a contact. I can do whatever work for now. I'm pretty desperate I need something in the next week or two.

Probably another piece of advice: don't take advice from people who aren't successful in doing what they're giving you advice on. Warren Buffet for example is an expert at doubling money - he wouldn't be caught dead with crypto currency. If it was actually a good investment and not just a luck investment, he'd be all over it.

Thanks for the advice man. I'll take it to into consideration if I ever decide to try my hand at this again, but for now I am feel like this is the worst decision i've made in my entire life and can't see myself ever trying to do some get rich quick shit again.

What do you want to do for work?

I was welding for a company in Tacoma. 2nd year on the job and they didn't renew my contract. Before that I was doing sales for T-Mobile for a few years.

>BUY LE DIP LEL

>JUST HONDL LEL

>LE ION HANDS LEL

>BITCOIN 69K END OF 2017

>DIGITAL GOLD

>STORE OF WEALTH

>"""""""""CURRENCY """"""""""""""

>BANKS IS SCARED OF US

are you willing to move to get a job? I don't know what kind of welding is in your area but it's in high demand in some parts of the country. Try the oil and gas industry maybe?

In the meantime, get a job at walmart or something while you search.

Good to learn this young at least. All the better to get started saving/investing properly so you can build on those many years of compound interest you'll have to collect. Do this and you'll be a multi-millionaire before you're 50. All those friends who gave you poor advice won't be.

2 paychecks fucked your entire life? damn man you a lizzard?

3 grand is a lot to some people believe it or not. I was just trying to get myself to your level, bud.

I live in Tacoma, you can polish my knob for dogecoin.

Dude read what I wrote...2 paychecks man it can be 3k or 30k...

That’s true but he’s also went on record stating he doesn’t understand the technology sector. He says he sticks to what he knows sector wise and that is what makes him money. Bill gates even told him before the entire internet and computer boom to own a computer and to invest in those types of technologies be companies but he didn’t see the value in it. He also said he doesn’t need to be right about everything, that he just need to be right any time he makes a decision which could take him months of research and analysis to pick a certain company or invest in something. But when he picks, he is usually right.

Crypto currency is a combination of currency speculation and the phenomenon similar to tullip mania in the 1600s. It has very little to do with tech. I mean, I guess if you understand tech you're in a better position to select from different cryptos but even so, it's a bad investment - more akin to buying lottery tickets than anything.

Point is, even if Warren Buffet sought to understand crypto currencies and ended up knowing everything he needed to know about them to feel satisfied - I bet he still wouldn't pull the trigger on them. Also - I bet he had enough sense given what little information he had that learning much about them was not worth his time because he could already tell he wouldn't invest in them.

pink ID is indicative. you don't take advice from people like this... EVEN NOW!
this... OP got too greedy and paid the price...
if i would've stacked in all my money i'd be in the same situation...

No; he said he doesn't understand it. The dude is fucking 87. He'd have to spend tons of time researching the market and understanding the tech to determine the value of the investment. (Also, investing = le hodling. It's much more profitable to trade crypto, which is another skill altogether.)

It's really not too good to be true; there are so many people who have become multimillionaires (and actually cashed out). The same thing happened with the web. But you have to know what you're doing. Are your losses realized?

The tullipmania had to do with a very popular new flower, and hoping it would become popular forever. There wasn't any innovation like blockchain, smart contracts, dapps, fee-less purchases or any of the other intresting ideas being worked on right now.

Btc is garbage, but cryptos are the future.

Bring me some fries, hurry the fuck up OP!

sure they're the future. I don't dispute that for a second. Which one though? Maybe a knowledge of the tech behind each one is helpful in narrowing it down but it's still nothing more than speculation.

I think you confuse profit with the luck of heavy risk happening to pay off. There's also a lot of confirmation bias in the crypto investing community. You notice the few people that got rich and overlook the majority who are more like OP.

Crypto investing isn't profitable for most people that do it. Most people doing it will get their ass handed to them like OP.

nothing wrong with OP getting a job at McD to work with mexicans while he finds a real job.

Not one, but many. Personal computing was the first tech boom, then online business, then crypto. There's always naysayers, fuck off.

History forgets the jackoffs who wouldn't shut up about personal computing not going anywhere and online business being a fad (especially after the 90 bubble pop).

I'm just saying it's not "too good to be true." I'm confused what you mean by it not being profitable for most people; the market has been growing massively for years (albeit with some bearish phases). Anyone who bought ETH or BTC or XMP (almost any top coin) at any time more than 6 months ago has already seen massive profits simply by holding. Of course the market may crash hard at some point, but up to this point it's been green for all mid-long term holders.

Active trading is unprofitable for most people though. There's a ton of bias towards those who do profit for sure.

just end your life already

I don't doubt there will be people who come out of crypto currency changes with billions in their pocket. It definitely won't be me because I'm not participating. It probably won't be you either. The difference is, I'm still on track for my first million getting rich slowly in the next five years because I dont let speculation and potential investing fads get in the way of what I know to be true about the nature of the stock market and the laws of compound interest.

You might be richer than me in the end speculating on crypto or you might lose it all. I'll still have enough money to be happy either way.