What do we think of Amazon?

What do we think of Amazon?

Are they something that needs to be resisted because they're "killing our local highstreets and independents" or are they just providing the best service and others need to git gud or accept the future technology is here?

I don't like them because they are killing a ton if jobs, but atleast they are providing somewhat better jobs than Wal-Mart. The company doesnt seem to Jewish for me unlile Google and facebook, so i continue buying from them and buying prime. Only thing pissed me off is them stoping sales of confederate flags. I dont care if niggers feelings are hurt, let me buy what I want to buy

the future doesn't look bright when a handful of megacorporations own literally everything . that said they do provide the best service so i don't know what the solution is.

Latter. Luddites and commies whine about the streamlining of labour out of civilization.

Amazon's acceptance of crypto will singlehandedly solidify crypto as a global currency.

If the mom and pop general store was getting the same level of gibs from the government as Amazon, they'd be sending you your waifu pillow by drone as well.

he's satan

They're a monopoly. That's never a good thing historically.

I don’t like them. I cancelled my prime because products came in the wrong size, too late, or they simply charge too much. I got burned too many times not getting what I wanted.

This. But what can be done?

huge faggot, earns a gajillion of dollars that he never will be able to spend, but underpays his workers, typical boomer cucklord.

If we ignore the good/bad arguments for a minute and just look at the potential outcomes, then lets try to look objectively for a second. First from a business point, there is generally not a liquid market when there is one big mover of this service. (the main other being Ebay, or maybe QVC). One way or another, that grants market control to that biggest player, however they want to use it (raise/lower prices, offer some things/deny others). Secondly, from a social point, Amazon represents a cultural shift to a society that doesn't go out for things, they just order it online and have it delivered. What point is there in going out when everything is bought online? And what job environment would there be when a percentage changes from customer service to delivery?
I personally don't see Amazon as any kind of good and I'm eagerly looking for whoever their US domestic competitor might be. There will be huge money in that competitor, even if they make half of Amazon's business.

When I was about 3 or 4 I asked my mom why she went grocery shopping and the groceries weren't delivered to us in a truck or something. Now all my groceries are delivered either by Prime Now or Instacart (which will probably get acquired by AZ eventually). Amazon is the future, retail is boomer land.

He's just a typical "wealthy liberal" in the US, most are pretty wealthy and actually fuck over people more than conservative wealthy who at least give us tax breaks and jobs, while these assholes import cheap labor or automate all jobs while hoarding all the money.

Trash but not going anywhere for a long long time

Shitty but succesful company. Embodyment of capitalism basically.

I worry they are setting themselves up to be the next Jewgle. They start as being the best motherfucking thing in the universe; grow astronomically swallowing up all competition because they legitimately are just better than all of their competition. Shitty stores suffer but nobody cares because they are an awesome company and the best at practically everything. Then kikes decide to drop the "don't be evil" part of their mission statement, hire some mentally ill gay tranny as their "diversity czar", and just go for straight SJW overlord. Then you want to say fuck them and seek alternatives... but they all died and you now have permanent residence inside their asshole.

>le mom & pop local stores *sips fedora*

>owns shares in company
>value of shares goes up significantly
>"why won't he just give his shares and thus control of his company to his employees"
I know you're not serious, but there are commie retards who literally think like this.

>underpays his workers
If he's able to keep the place staffed with the wages he's offering, and people keep begging to work there... he's not underpaying. The market accepts those wages. If they were short-staffed because no one was willing to work, then wages have to go up. Even Walmart was forced to raise their wages because they couldn't keep enough help to keep the shelves stocked.

Maybe liberals should stop flooding the market with millions of Mexicans if you're so worried about a large labor pool competing against each other to drive the wages down for people who get paid to throw items into cardboard boxes.

Grapes of Wrath, motherfucker. This isn't even econ 101 level understanding of how the markets work. It's high school level reading.

Well they are already being evil as fuck with their "offer". Look up on google "the offer" from Amazon, which is basically making a deal with the devil. You get money, but you can never work for anything Amazon-related ever again (you are added to a blacklist). Once Amazon buys up every company and buys a monopoly, all these people will no longer be able to get jobs. It's fucking evil and yes, people should be smart enough to not take the deal but they do this and take advantage of desperate people who don't have enough money to survive more than a month.

I think they are to big and need to be broken up.

Confederate flag is the first stop. Any censorship at all on this level shows how bad things could get.
How is Amazon objectively trash or shitty?
They already banned selling confederate flags.

um, how am I going to virtue signal on twitter without supporting a 3rd world invasion?

Every time you use amazon you’re buying a plane ticket for one illegal immigrant/refugee to come to your neighborhood and rape your family.

ffs just use overstock instead.

It’s basically a centralized marketplace that takes their cut from companies who list there and by charging more for shipping by offering a one time fee that makes it difficult to see whether you are making a financially sound decision. I’m still waiting on a marketplace that lets you bid on items you want to buy and the sellers have to decide if they want to sell at that price. I mean so much energy goes in to retailers offering deals to draw in sales, you would think they would be happy to let people overshoot their margins and dump their inventory when they choose to rather than be stuck with product they can’t move.

>Are they something that needs to be resisted because they're "killing our local highstreets and independents" or are they just providing the best service and others need to git gud or accept the future technology is here?

Walmart killed main street.

Amazon kills the walmart.

Amazon pays about average for warehouse work, but nobody actually wants to work there. They only do because there's NOTHING ELSE. I work at Amazon myself and all warehouses pay about the same, although some pay a little more than Amazon. Most are only there for either health benefits (because American healthcare is fucking shit) or because they can't find work anywhere else as quickly as Amazon hires. It's more lack of choice than being paid properly. If it paid more, I guarantee people would actually stay, most don't even make it to 1 year, let alone a few months. I'ts a revolving door of employment, at all levels (even HR/managerial/GM).

Isn't that eBay? And people don't like to think for themselves, so they wouldn't feel comfortable suggesting a price.

What if Amazon made 3-day shipping free for everyone? If they do this, their competition (online and local stores) will be even further butt-devastated.

why should i give a flying fuck about highstreets? Ordering shit is
1) cheaper
2) easier

If i go and buy something in the highstreet (europe), i'm greeted by a lazy or rude fucking wanker of a cashier who normally seems like they'd rather be doing fucking anything than working that job.

So boo hoo, all these people would go out of unemployment, GOOD, maybe we'll have less rude miserable pricks who get by doing fuck all their whole lives

An evil late stage capitalist business run by an evil Jew that plays a large part in reducing humanity to soulless bug people. Deracinated atomized units of economics that dwell in hives and consume products. Bezos will go in the oven eventually.

Jeff bezos is modern day Rockefeller

No, eBay is an auction where you still have to wait on someone to list the thing you want at a price you’ll pay. I’m thinking more of a bid/ask spread like an exchange.

They are quite autistic about their "principles". I have seen them reject genuinely brilliant and intelligent people for bullshitters with overly dramatic interview skills. They seem to appreciate over-the-top-and-blatantly-full-of-shit competency examples. But then again, I am told this is normal in burger land.

Normal companies can't compete with Amazon because of their fuckhuge bankroll + economy of scale, especially in other countries. While you do things by the book, Amazon is going to dodge taxes and rape you with a Chinese dildo that will break inside your anus and give you cancer.

This is why we have anti-monopolies laws, one of the few areas where government regulation is justified... and one of the few areas where they're pulling back now. Just 20 years ago Microsoft was consistently grilled for this shit, now Google and Amazon get 1 million dollar fines while they rake in hundreds of billions per year.

What's that user?

I think is kind of censorship is a good thing as it allows for other racists to complete for your racist business.

i sells three brands on amazon about 50 skus and i don't have amazon prime

great to make money, but i wouldn't never buy from there lol

btw you can fuck over sellers by buying fulfilled by amazon shit and compain your thing came broke - amazon just steals from the sellers

Amazon is a plague for the economy but since they are providing such a good service it's hard to argue against them.
I mean no other company provides:
- 1 day delivery for a very low price
- ridiculous choice of items
- instant support
- free shipping in case of refund + a voucher without even asking a question if you are a loyal client
- streaming services included in the prenium

I hope Alibaba will soon arrive in Europe with their belt road project but as a client I have NEVER had to complain about Amazon, everytime I tried with another store I have been disappointed.

you can also complain to prime customer service for free shit. if you get your prime shit longer than two days you can get rembursement takes like 5 minutes

You missed the moon mission by like 10 years

amazon is part of the evil technocratic deep state

Is it worth the work to sell shit on amazon?

>amazon just steals from the sellers
based

buy shit from big chinese players like anker, taotronics and aukey and leave 1 star review for the products you buy- they will either send you a new one or refund your money no return required.

if you can speak chinese you can probably get around the moq from cinese manufactures dont dont have to throw down for 500-1000 units

if not you need like 10-20k to start. fuck those 500$ memes from fba courses

Is Jeff Bezos the one punch man?

I've worked for them for 4 years, not because it's an amazing job, but because I know that in real life there is no james bond to stop the megalomaniac and being part of the organization that takes over earth will put me in a privileged position.

Bezos gave a fucking speech from inside a fifteen foot tall robot with glowing red cockpit lighting WHILE WEARING A FUCKING TURTLENECK

and just LISTEN TO HIS FUCKING LAUGH

he is a supervillain.

They banned last year lots of jew wise books as well.

>le racist

very overpriced and overhyped, stock might stagnate if they expand and buy another company due to low gains, then it might drop rapidly