Accounting

Why aren't you doing accounting, Veeky Forums?

>90k-100k starting as long as you got good grades.
>Not soy boy/nu male tier like "working in Tech" is.
>people will respect you.
>much easier/less stressful than a STEM degree, and still get paid the same.
>top 3 highest in demand jobs/majors.
>learn useful skills when it comes to taxes and tax laws.
>can work entirely home, work part time, or easily find side jobs in accounting.

>inb4 hurrr durr robots will take over your jobs.

I doubt they will until atleast 30 years. Even if they do semi take over accounting jobs by then there's still going to be positions that humans will have, and if you have to work more than 20 years without retiring/ semi retiring you're an idiot and deserve to be replaced by robots.

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/employee-retention-rate-top-tech-companies-2017-8
discord
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw getting a degree in both accounting/finance and biotech

will I be able to retire after 10 years after graduating? how much do I need?

boring af

in 10 years*

hurr durr your job will be automated in less than 5 years

Because I don’t give a shit about working or money and want to destroy the banking system via crypto, dur.

This.

lmao, sounds like alot of student debt if you live in the states. If you don't and also not looking to get married I would say you could retire comfortably in 20 years.

Tech is more interesting and intellectually fulfilling than fucking bean counting and looking at spreadsheets all day. And it pays better to boot.

If you choose your career based on some internet meme about soyboys, you're a moron and deserve your impending midlife crisis.

Accounting will be 90% replaced by smart contracts and blockchain technology within 5 years.

Boring af and will be automated in a few years.
Why learn a literally dying job? Retarded.

because i work in cyber security consulting. your accountants still need protection. every industry does or its oops another equifax

ignore these screeching autists, accounting will be in demand for another 20-30 years, by which time I will be retired. I took a meme degree (English), did a graduate trainee ACA placement and now I earn 70k a year to do 2 hours of babby excel work a day. And I got started late and I'm at the bottom of the ladder still, relatively speaking. Not everyone can be a computer engineer, accounting is boring but a god tier job overall

Sorry but the point of this board is to escape soulless wage slaving.

and with an accounting job you can earn enough to retire pretty fast. compared to similar salaried jobs it's very accessible and easy. theres also a shit ton of jobs in it

lel

I wish. It won't even be close. You're lucky if it's automated in 50 years. My company has been trying to automate just weekly, monthly and quarterly statements and we spent 6 months before we realized it's a waste of time. That's just work a shitty AR clerk paid 14$ an hour does.

>90k-100k starting
hahahahahahhahahahahhaahha

You're underestimating advances in AI.

And you over estimate the average F500 companies ability to transition to new technology.

We aren't a small company by any means and just transitioning to a new inventory tracking system took us a few months and that's for just Canadian businesses and not american ones. Most companies are still running 10, 20 or even 30 year old programs. AI isn't replacing anyone anytime soon and when it does it'll be replacing the fry cooks of the industry (bookkeepers, clerks, admin staff). Anyone with a CPA is not getting replaced and if AI is ever able to replace a CPA then everyone else will be out of a job too.

because economics is danker

I'll take double sugar with that latte bro thanks

>Boring as fuck
>You can only do it in your country
>You count someone else money while a nigga fucks your wife

you realize pwc, the best accounting firm in the world, just switched to google sheets for their spreadsheets? you know nothing about the business world. AI hasn't even replaced AP or GL in accounting. third world monkeys are doing it and interns review it.

Not a lot of economists in Officer roles in a company though

CPA's can travel around the world for work m8. Lots of people even apply for jobs in Big 4 in the Caribbean and live and work on a resort island.

boring/depressing

i make less then half that, about 35k a year delivering food and im pretty happy. 28 years old, 120k stock portfolio and 30k in cryptos. Got a nice 8/10 loyal cutie with my kid in her, and she makes about 40k a year too, and gives me like 400 a month to put towards my trading accounts.

>Boring as fuck
So like 99% of every high paying job? And that's also largely down to personal preference.
>You can only do it in your country
I like my country
>You count someone else money while a nigga fucks your wife
>current year.
>having a wife or gf.

You're also useally counting a company's money, not a single person's money.

Every person I knew in uni studying accounting was the epitome of a low test soy boy.

depression: the job

>"Can work at home"
Yeah man maybe after you make partner. As an accountant just out of college in a big 4, it sucks.

>90-100k starting
youre delusional

>big 4
>complaining about work

You drank the koolaid. Should have done industry. 30-40 hour weeks, extra days off in summer, 3-4 weeks vacation starting, sick days, only busy at period closing dates and you make more than public in almost every scenario.

none troll answer
accounting is a good degree for the majority of NEETs on here
>stable job + above average income
that said, accounting is one of the worst corporate jobs. Marketing at Disney? Better. Engineer at Google? Better. IB at Goldman Sachs? Better.
Accounting is boring, requires so much dick sucking and is dominated by soulless Asiabots
Like I said, still better for most NEETs.

ur getting cucked soon. no offense

I don't know if you realize me but here (Netherlands) all accounting Jobs have been automated and we don't even have accounting classes anymore since universities are required to guarantee a job market for at least 5 years after graduation which they can't guarantee.

Accounting will probably not exist anymore in 2020 like how telephone operators don't connect you to the other person anymore.

You can easily get an IB job with an accounting degree. Everything finance grads learn accountants need to learn anyways.

>engineer at google
Pretty much always rated as an awful soul sucking place to work and all of silicon valley has awful retention rates and churns through college grads like crazy.

yeah, also like a 30% lower salary and zero upward growth potential

>So like 99% of every high paying job?

No, being a CEO is different from counting potatoes all day long

>shilling wagecucking
>the absolute state of biz

Noone wants to buy your heavy ass bags, OP

Unfulfilling
Highly prone to automation

Industry wages are higher by a lot. Big 4 in my country is 30k starting where as industry starting is around 40k and once you have your CPA it's around 60-70k.

Industry progression is also very clear.

Clerk Roles/Admin > Junior > Intermediate > Senior > Manager > Controller > CFO/VP Finance

You sound like you have no 1st hand experience in business (corporate America).

You sound like you don't.

You literally do not need a finance degree for IB. Even if you get a CFA or MBA you still never cover financial statements in depth. An accountant proficient in business cycles and financial statements is very valuable in IB.

And the tech industry in the US is a fucking joke.

businessinsider.com/employee-retention-rate-top-tech-companies-2017-8

>2 years retention is the best for a tech company

Silicon Valley takes in grads, destroy them and crushes them and then they leave once they realize they're just a code monkey

Every single accountant I know is stressed out and fucking hates their job.

Comfy gains with this awesome pump group.

discord dot gg/SAvYRKM

>streaming
>taking a shitty screenshot with print-screen
>that aspect ratio

tfw accounting and finance major graduating with job lined up.

if you only do an accounting major youre selling yourself short

Again To get a job in IB, a person needs experience with financial analysis. An accounting degree doesn't help because they focus on the rules and regulations around bookkeeping. Sure an accounting grad an get hired by IB but it's not because of the degree. Your explanation is misleading

I said engineer at google is better than accounting. I didn't say it was the best job in the world. strong reading skills.

?? Did i hurt your feelings?

Im sorry, let me give you a present

Yeah, accounting is a great idea, you should all pick that major.

No, I would never dream of being an accountant.
Just never post on /a/, thanks.

Oh boy there's more where that came from

>Get an accounting degree
>Become a financial analyst
>Great pay+extremely low chances of getting automated.

An accounting degree lets you do a lot more than just accounting, and if your job gets automated you'll have an excuse to go on bennies and NEET away.

There's a difference between "Finance" + "Economics" over "Accounting", it's not even close to the same shit.

Accounting is a soon to be dead major.

I am, or will be. Accounting major w/ minor in finance, transferred from badm. Trying to work in prop trading.
If you’re a CPA you can do more than just accounting. Accounting is intergrated in every part of the financial world. It’ll get you in the door anywhere
>stop liking what I don’t like

>still hasnt read the request whitepaper

This. My accountants at KPMG said the Australian government is close to auto filing taxes for the majority of people, using standard deductions based upon occupation averages etc.

literally automating this was we are speaking

If you are not studying anything software development atm your future is pretty much fucked.

Yep, might as well pick the shittiest IT job, it's still going to pay more than "Accounting" in a few more years.

>There's a difference between "Finance" + "Economics"
Yet most job listings ask for either of those 3.

delusional neek