WHY ARENT YOU IN?

XMR has the best potential for long term gains. Privacy is going to be big in the future. Old coin, proven, and a better store of value than BTC and ETH. Big fork coming soon. Big projects in the works.

Why are you in user? Should be 1/3 of your portfolio

Shut the fuck up I need it to stay where it’s at until after the icx moon missions this month

ICX is trash, stay poor pajeet. Keep chasing the dragon. Moon missions are over. Ground yourself in proven coins.

You should be right, but why is this coin such a loser? It can hardly stay above 300. Nevertheless: fundamentals check out. This coin could blow us all away. For all we know it will be 1000 in two weeks.

no premine, no dev fund, no marketing fund. it's because the project can't pay people to shill it. that said, it's the best project technically imo

I think its because focus is on shit coins on making big bucks and people not caring what their money is in. I am happy with around 300 right for XMR but I expect a strong steady trend. The booms will be lower and crashes will hurt less but will outperform ETH this year. I pay for my VPN with monero and some other things with it as well. Great currency which people assume its just for hitmen.

yep... weird how it's going down
nonetheless it's a good time to buy.
this is one of the most serious project out there, with real use and a great community.

Fees are pretty fucking heavy, and it's a transactional coin, it's not a platform, not a big project about metro, planes, e-commerce, whatever. It has only one field where it can excel - being a good coin to pay for stuff with.
Recently we see that govts of the world are interested in crypto more and more, this fact alone will drive monero capitalization up along with crypto capitalization as a whole. Plus, people will use it to launder money and evade taxes, and people do it en-masse all around the world. This fact will drive the price up even more. It already has user friendly desktop and mobile wallets, and it can be mined by pretty much everything.
The only problem, is alot of capital is coming to crypto from people who say shit like "government will ban crypto", and approach of these retarded fucks will keep their money off this coin.
Pretty sure the price will go up in Q2-Q3, when bulletproof will be active on the mainnet.

I have an unknown amount higher than 1/3 of my portfolio

Komodo > Monero

Honest question

Why would this coin increase much in value if its a transactional coin?

People buy it to buy stuff and thats it, the people they send it to wont have much use for it so probably transfer to something else.

Im not saying its a shitcoin im saying whats the value of holding large amounts of it?

i’m wondering this myself

XMR is my alltime favourite coin. The hardcores will never abandon this one. Looking forward to android and ledger support.

>shut up im trying to accumulate hehe >:)

Same as with BTC. Lower supply but controlled incentive with 1 percent inflation rate after all blocks are mined.

Monero is shit!

>secretly accumulating

Bitcoin is a transactional coin aswell. LTC, Dash, ZEC, among famous ones. So far LTC is fast and has low comissions, BTC is used to trade coins in pairs and that's pretty much it. As soon as bulletproofs arrive it can increase in price. Any news about government regulation will increase it's price.

Essentially, it's better store of value coin than btc, and a better transactional coin than LTC after bulletproofs, as it will offer fast and cheap transactions along with untraceability.
And personally, I've developed love for this coin recently not only because of it's tech or whatever, but because of the community as well. And actually that's what transactional coin needs IMO - a community that wants to use it as a payment method.

because it's old and at the profits are not that great

omg, rational thought about crypto on Veeky Forums

is 40 XMR enough to make it