Stripe is no longer accepting bitcoin

Stripe is no longer accepting bitcoin.

stripe.com/blog/ending-bitcoin-support

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptowiki.net/index.php?title=Blockchain-free_cryptocurrencies#DAG-based_technologies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>For a regular Bitcoin transaction, a fee of tens of U.S. dollars is common, making Bitcoin transactions about as expensive as bank wires.

>Because of this, we’ve seen the desire from our customers to accept Bitcoin decrease. And of the businesses that are accepting Bitcoin on Stripe, we’ve seen their revenues from Bitcoin decline substantially. Empirically, there are fewer and fewer use cases for which accepting or paying with Bitcoin makes sense.

but will accept Stellar, don't forget

I honestly don't know what use-case remains for Bitcoin. If you have large value transactions you'd probably choose something with privacy like Monero, and if you want something cheap and fast, maybe Bitcoin Cash. In both use-cases, you have a few competing alternatives.
In no circumstance is Bitcoin preferable to one of the mature alternatives.

...and if no one is using it as a transaction medium, then acting as a store of value is better placed in an actively used coin network.

END TIMES ARE HERE

SAY SOMETHING NICE

This reads a bit like the sort of things people say when breaking up so as not to upset the other person too much. You're a great person, but you're just more of an asset than a medium of exchange, and what I need in my life right now is a medium of exchange.

What future does an asset have if people don't actually buy stuff with it? That is not a purely rhetorical question; cryptocurrencies change things a lot. But this news is worrying.

Bitcoin is a worthless relic and a shitcoin.

how is that on the table a red graph?

Saw your crosspost on hn, but yeah bitcoin is pretty much unusable in its current state. I do see a future with DAG based crypto though.
>no wasteful POW or POS
>high transaction capacity

tilted sideways

whats a DAG crypto? directed acyclic graph?

Look at me.

Look at me.

I am de Captain now.

wtf is stripe

yes
cryptowiki.net/index.php?title=Blockchain-free_cryptocurrencies#DAG-based_technologies

one of the largest payment companies, along with paypal and square

All DAGs have some form of centralization required for consensus.

it's payment processing kikery, a superfluous intermediary

Didn't they also mention other cryptos as possible future currencies?

That won't last forever.
I'm incredulous though that RChain hasn't exploded yet

most of the time when you pay via CC online its just stripe integrated into another sites layout.

bump

You would be a fool not to invest in Stellar now.
No way Stripe is going to throw crypto aside, they know crypto is the future of internet transactions, and Stellar is the fastest and cheapest coin at the moment.

I should also mention that Greg Brockman, former CTO of Stripe, is one of Stellar's Board Members, and Patrick Collison, CEO of Stripe, is an Advisor.

They will adopt Stellar with its low fees and fast transaction times.