What does Veeky Forums think of SIA?

what does Veeky Forums think of SIA?

block chain cloud storage is a pretty original idea isn't it? can also rent out spare HDD space for passive income

also, what do you think is better? SIA or DADI?

bump

>can also rent out spare HDD space for passive income
This is probably the future of the internet as I envisioned it years ago. The problem is not data though. It's bandwidth. Without solving the bandwidth problem, we're stuck. A good utility does not mean a valuable coin though. It probably means huge supply too.

bump again

bumping

bump

Will I ever get rid of my 700-800 sats bags?

>cloud storage

good idea, poor execution. the team is too small (literally 2 people), too slow (5 year development time is ok), and unfocused (developers trying to be ASIC designers)

>block chain cloud storage is a pretty original idea isn't it
What about filecoin and storj?

Sia will never be internet 3.0 that is all fomo, the problem lies in there not being a good collateral solution to handle the dmca processing on public file sharing .

Now that does not mean this is not a great product, as is it is an amazing DR solution for corporate data. Even with the 700 shit hosts it has on the platform right now it is more 9s than S3 and glacier combined.

This is where the platform adoption will come from, not consumer users.

The real killer app feature will be when they store file metadata in the block chain and that is coming soon. Right now you need to push Sia files and contract data ( small but still a bullshit limitation ) to an external provider or you will lose the data on hardware failure. When they release this adoption will go more mainstream corporate for a backup solution.

Now the other thing is the devs have been surrounded by a dicksucking community of Reddit faggots for about a year now and their ego is through the fucking roof. They are missing basic shit like a file buffer API( right now you need to ping their download API and read data from disk) they make all these grandeous claims that people should be making all these app integrations but their API is shit right now. They need to hire devs and stop trying to one man army shit.

But that really is the only negative shit I can think of, this coin will be a dollar by next October , great long term hold and awesome cheap cold data backup platform.

damn, somebody who actually gave an awesome answer! thanks Veeky Forumsbro

what's your take on DADI and iEXEC?

bump

General rule and this has saved me a ton of money erc20 tokens can be good for short term gains and swing trading, but it is definitely an indicator of shitty devs using third party libs and really just jamming block chain into what would be an other wise meh application that would get 5 figure funding in the valley. So I would say day trade those two if you want daily gain shit but long hold Sia, these people actually know what they are doing and have made a platform from scratch using go will not be obselete tech for some time .

thanks Veeky Forumsbro, i was actually thinking about the same thing

really impress with SIA and want to long term hold, figured i'd host using my spare HDD and accumulate some SIA coins for long term gains because I don't have the spare cash to buy a bunch right now

i'm holding 300k which is about 15% of my portfolio, i'm bullish on the long term. Its only a matter of time until corps start throwing money at blockchain solutions like this and they will spend $$ on the coins no matter the price due to it being corporate/government money. Just my theory, and right now is a good price to buy.

how much did 300k cost you? which exchange did you buy off of?

Why is storing shittons of data in a blockchain a great idea?

It sounds like a very inefficient way to do things. What are the benefits or what does it solve?

agreed, the platform has a lot of potential but the devs need to hustle.
The most important thing to know about Sia is that it's a backend, not a frontend. It's a replacement for S3, not Dropbox.

the user files aren't stored on the blockchain

anyone have thoughts on the Bitmain thing? A fork will cause some short-term disruption, but it might be the best long-term move. If you're a company evaluating a blockchain, you don't want one that's under Bitmain's thumb. Forking shows that the focus is on the storage, not the mining.

If they really do brick the antminers fuck them, sitting there boasting they are the only true decentralized provider and pulling shit like that.

You lost, do not be a sore sport. Stop the bullshit with the asic gear and get back to working on the fucking project , these timelines need to get squashed instead half the dev team spends the whole day in discord jerking each other off over drama bullshit like this.