Newfag thread

ive been seeing a lot of retarded threads recently, so lets just rip these bandaids off now

newfags, ask any and all questions

oldfags, help them out

is ven a good investment?

why am i such a faggot?

Why cant I pay my rent with Cardano? I asked my landlord but He didn't know what I was talking about. I told him he needed to get with the times and he joked about evicting me if I cant pay him. WTF?

what is a pajeet?

not right now

you probably dont own any ADA

move to japan senpai desu

What the fuck is the point of Crypto if the government can track it?

I've got $2k in savings and I'm looking for somewhere safe to put it where I can check back up on it in 6 months+ and have made some money. Is ETH a good bet?

My, what a vintage Pepe. LOOK AT THE ART!

What are the most-shilled shitcoins? The ones with absolutely no future that regardless are pushed all the time? inb4 BTC

If I bought trx before normies did (sub 1 cent), am I a normie?

1. Is this true?

Market cap = total amount of money in the coin

So individual coin price = market cap / # of total coins

Is it better to invest in coins with low market caps? Seems much more likely to make huge gains

I bought ADA and XLM at ath, should I sell for a loss and get in more promising coins?

What will ETH be eoy?

I'm thinking of doing this too, I think ETH should do well this year

No. Market cap is literally just the current price times the amount of coins in circulation. And price is literally just whatever the LAST price is that someone paid to buy it. A very small handful of people can bid the price up or down especially in an illiquid market ... it will cause the market cap to swing by millions or tens of millions but it doesn’t represent any money moving “in” or “out” of the coin. It’s like price x quantity. It means way less than most people make it out to be.

When would be a good time to buy into Ven then?

To answe your second question, no, not really. People say “low market cap” but what they really mean is “low circulating supply”. A coin with a supply of 10000 and a value of $.01 is has a lot more upside than one worth $.01 with a supply of 10 million. That’s why ripple trades for such a low amount - there’s like a trillion of them. It’s just supply and demand. I prefer high mcap coins because they’re less scammy and they can still x10 if you’re fucking PATIENT

cant track all of it

Vitalik better give us Casper this year, so yes, ETH will be especially good when you can start staking as well

TRX

yes but you are their master

1. its the other way around

coin price = current trading price

market cap = coin price * circulating supply

this is why everybody cant cash out

2. yes, but you have to do your research. and you will get burned on 90% of dapps.

theyll both be up EOY for sure

after it pulls a TRX

If Tether is tied to the US dollar, why wouldn't people just cash out to dollars?

Is LINK a meme y/n?

Thanks biz bros

have any of you actually gone from less than $1000 USD portfolios to more than $10000 USD Portfolios? how long did it take?

Don't listen to them, anything under$10 is good buy imo

poorfag here
Where do I invest in cryptos with

poor fag here, haven't done it yet but I think it's very possible if you invest in legit shit and hold it for a year

How many dicks did you place in your mouth today?

should i sell my canya? i fell for the PnD and now i got some heavy bags

I went from $11,000 to $425,000 to $250,000. Started October 2016.

Started with 375$, now have over 10k$. My ATH was 26k$ tho. Took about 7.5 months, but I went from 1k$ in late November to 26k$ in early January.

Of the currencies available on Gdax/coinbase, why do they all follow the exact same trends? I see people saying LTC > BTC or ETH > whatever the fuck but I don't understand why they follow near identical trends in the market.

fml I'm in the sub 1000 inicial investment club. I'll still give it my all, user and I'll see where it takes me.

Canya will rise soon mark my words. I would just forget about it for a week or so and put a high buy order in. The marketcap is just too small for an already established and used company.

Eth
3mo, 6mon, EOY
>is it going to go back to 700 or is now time to buy

2. How long will the bear market be

1 best mobile wallet for bitcoin and altcoin
2 best app for keeping a portfolio
Im lookimg to male some investments in some altcoins after doing some research and letting it sit for quite a while is it worth it? What makes a coin really worth the investment?

Insta Please or whatever

not sure if anyone remembers xaviers school. still a group i guess. public discord now. still helping people

sPcU8P

Swing Trading a good strategy?

$900 to 11k in two months. A bit of luck and good decisions. Currently all in on VEN.

kill yourself

Why do so many people fall for the meme coins?

gone from 20K to over 200K so essentially the same thing. Been in the game 8 months and honestly made some terrible trades along the way so it could be a lottt more

Because we buy the memes.

Is BTC bouncing back up and mooning towards the end of this year for real or just a meme and in reality it's going to plummet into dust

They can't if you're not a retard. Only trade coins locally and you avoid all taxes. Your identity is never linked to the coins.

1 trust no mobile wallet. Leave your coins in binance if you're sub 10k, they have an excellent Android app. Best I've used so far
2 delta. Blockfolio sells your information. Not personal information (they say) but your trading habits and shit.
3 dyor for coins. Don't fall for the memes. Don't fall for shill articles on shill websites. Find their whitepaper, find their road map, find who's working on the project then find their LinkedIn and Twitter. Etc etc.

Also easiest way to cash out coins without auctioning them off one by one and how to make sure what tax should be paid when cashing out

Literally no one knows the future. Mt Gox, read about it. BTC will eventually lose its top spot because of its issues, unless miracles happen. 2 weeks in crypto may as well be a year IRL. Trying to predict eoy prices for any coin is foolish and impossible. Look at the price of eth this day last year and look at it now. Point proven.

bump

depends on your risk tolerance. if you only have that amount to invest I'm guessing it's either recklessly high or super low, eh?

not him but same boat. ridiculously high

right now im getting into trtl and akoma, looking for more secret coins

I truly appreciate the help youre the first person to legitimately answer my questions any resources you could recommend to help me get better informed on crypto in general also looking to take so captial that i make from crypto and move ot to stock bonds mutual funds etc. Is this a worth while idea or waste of time and just stick wotj crypto

I'm a litteral brainlet newfag who wants to get into crypto currency

I plan to use doge coin as a test/ starting example
but my college laptop will literally take weeks (based on working soley on weekends)of time just to set up doge wallet

this sucks right now but I want to suceed

>BTC will eventually lose its top spot because of its issues
As far as I understand it, the main problem right now is that the high difficulty level on the blockchain at this point causes transactions to take an inconvenient amount of time to process, is that correct or am I misunderstanding?
>Mt Gox, read about it
Will do, all I know about it so far is that it's an old (relatively) crypto exchange that went to shit for some reason

Firstly, hello fellow canadian.
I'm him
Can't afford too much right now because of school.
Trying to keep my invested $ as small as possible then take a bit off the top when I reach my goals.
cool

Buddy got trips and no congrats?

Sorry about that, been browsing 4chins since '08 but I never cared much for GET memes

it's not tied to the dollar, it's 'pegged' to it. Basically that means that the value of tether is derived from the value of the US dollar, in theory. In practice the government doesn't want anyone printing anything considered a dollar, even virtually, so to get around this they (tether corp) say that you can send the tether you have back to them and they'll put real usd in your bank account. The problem being that there are now billions of tether out there and the tether corp doesn't have enough usd to give everyone their money back if they were to cash out.

I'm trying to figure out just what the hell Tether is about and the connection to Bitfinex. I was noticing that bitcoin was going down a bit in price yesterday and Tether issues 100M and suddenly the price gets locked in at 10k for another night.

The issue is where the hell is Tether getting their money? If it's just their own coin then aren't they just issuing useless funbux? Do people honestly believe that Tether LTD actually has that cash if there are no credible audits?

Reading my own reply right now. I sound like a cunt...been browsing since 2010 or '11

what kind of automated trading strategies are most effective in these markets?

1. How do you go about researching a particular currency?

2. What do I look for when searching for a reliable currency?

3. What is a good starting amount to invest if it's your first time?

bumping this

I don't know, what I do know is a couple things

1. Sergey literally hasn't tweeted since november

go check for yourself
and that's it, there's no excuse for this, if you run a business you need to be transparent.

took $700 and turned it into 7.5K, took about a month but I held during the dip, I'm at 4.5 now :(
Here, AMM, ELIX those two

my b I had it on auto and it posted

what i was saying was that those two will have huge returns, The company behind amm plans on getting to a billion dollar market cap by 2020, that means their coin will be worth $58 roughly, the other guys are competing with SALT and LEND and are doing a good job plus low circulating supply so easy 20x+

I've noticed when I looked at several charts with 4 hour candles that the macd seems to be give very accurate signals for when to buy and sell. Was thinking of trading based mostly off of this.
Does this work?

thanks for the thread, got $500 in gdax. Need somelong term gains. Thinking about getting into z classic b4 btcp releases. Thoughts?

>trtl
no idea about this memecoin
>akoma
what the actual fuck is that?
If you learn to research ICOs, this may be a good start. 2-6 month set and forget for an easy 2-5x, but the risk is not knowing when exactly it will be liquid (greater risk if you are retarded and buy scams). otherwise just buy some ETH or BTC on a red day and study up before you buy any shitcoins.

Thank you.

Best place to cash out coin with low fees? Also what about tax?

Holy shit, are you me user? My ATH is 7.5k and I'm at 4.9k right now, but it's dipped down to 4.5k a few times.

I get distributed ledgers. Very cool okay nice let's do that new techno new compuper science.

BUT COIN? WHY COIN? why do these things have coins? why coins? why crypto "currency"? Why can't you pay the miners in dollars? Why does a blockchain need coin? Why does distributed ledger network need coin? Why why? We already hav currency. PAy money. Why pay coin. How is this. Pajeet pls explain meeeeeeee reeeeeeeee pay dollar not coiinnnnnn

WHY COIN. WHY COIN. EXPLAIN ME CRYPTOCURRENCY TOKEN ECONOMY. HOW. WHY. I get what and where and who but HOW, and WHY? HOW and WHY?

TLDR: I understand computer science part of crypto, not the economic theory of crypto. Why coins as opposed to dollars for incentives to verify transactions and so forth?

Basic 5 Ws and 1 H we learn as kids

WHAT? WHAT are they providing. Is there a product promised? A service? What is the company doing??
WHO? WHO is involved yo, what's the team makeujp. Look at their twitters, their LinkedIns are they pajeets, chinks, finance chads, or autistic white nerds/the next bill gates types?
WHY? WHY is there this product/company/service?? Does it fill a need? What makes this coin and it's technology necessary?
WHEN? WHEN are they gonna fulfill their promises? Look at their roadmap.
HOW? HOW is the coin functioning? Look at their technology. Are they improving on blockchain or is it just a copy? Do they have partnerships? How are they accomplishing, or how would they go about accomplishing what they wish to accomplish?

and most importantly... WHERE?
BITCH WHERE? Where are all these Utopic dreams of blockchain technology enabled fantasies being realized? WHERE like in REALITY or just in FANTASY? ok cool they got a great idea they're gonna do the most perfect thing and we're all gonna live in Cointopia but like... WHERE BITCH SHOW ME THE EVIDENCE SHOW ME THE RECEIPTS. ADOPTION. HOW IS THE WORLD ADOPTING THIS COIN, is it even ADOPTING THIS COIN?

etc. etc. Just read stuff and be smart

What does "priced in" mean?
What does it mean when people start off their post with t.

I bought ~5k worth of BTC across 2013, 2015 and 2016. Probably turned that into at least 250k today via a bunch of shit

Just keep your shit on exchange, pussy

I have invested 1.5K in VEN ICX XLM REQ FUN and XRP. I want to end up investing in AMB and WTC and maybe NEO. I know I'm over diversified. Which coins should I get rid of?

This is a philosophical position t b h, not a mechanical question. Because you think currency/value should be controlled discount democratically, for better or worse

Is there any good way to catch a 10x or even 100x or is it just luck?

priced in refers to some news or an update already being reflected by the current price. for example if a coin doesn't increase based on what seems to be big news that would mean the news is already priced in

t. means "yours truly"

Priced in means the rumor has already been bought and the value of the coin has already adjusted for said rumor ie: ven and everything going on with it this week

Coinbase has a weekly $100 limit on cards. Where else can I use my card to buy crypto?

I think currency should be controlled by monetary policy, which algorithms can accomplish better than governments. Better transparency is cherry flavored icing on the cake and the reduced cost and efficiency is actual cherry on cake. The fact that we can send money not dependent on arbitrary bank rules (can't send money on the weekends, banks close for holidays, wire transfer during working hours, etc. etc..) is like.. chocolate sprinkles on this diabetes cake.

But the world we live in... I can't see a revolution that ends up in digito currencies. I see fiat and crypto co-existing, but that still doesn't answer WHY COINS? Why wouldn't the fiat world and everything controlled by fiat and empowered by huge shittons of money not be able to incorporate the technology and absorb the crypto world into it wholly?

WHATS THE END GAME SATOSHI NIGGA TELL ME AAAAA

I wouldn't sell xlm at a loss right now. If in a few days there's not much of a pump then you only just a few days, bit there's a big chance to sell higher than right now. Fwiw I think XLM is one of the most promising things around long term, but is not going to 10x this week if that's what you're after

Pls tell me how to fix this trash

Why is there never a kneepads general thread?

Should I sell ost and qlc at a loss?

those are all shitcoins. fecesdoubloons. poopchips poocash scatcurrency excrementmoney.

no sleep no eat because of dumbshit portfolios but at least we can jack off in peace brothers..

Yeah but how do I fix it? Should I sell at a loss, or wait for a profit, if it ever comes?

How do I become the next Richard Branson?

evade taxes and destroy the environment while preaching to people who perceive as below you about how they should be proactively helping to save the planet. Oh, and provide utterly shite customer service and rip off the UK government

look all of them up, individually. Their twitters, roadmaps, Facebooks, etc. If they have something coming up, if you're sensing some hype... Sell when it goes higher. HODL the ones who, after doing some goodass research, convince you of their long-term plans and legitimacy.

For those you feel unconvinced about... Sell now. Trade for coins that convince you.

Always and always, spend time doing extensive research.

Thoughts on BNB?

Forgive me for not knowing shit about Veeky Forums, let me rephrase:
How do I go about finding market needs to fulfill and then delegate? I'm considering taking a course that trains and mentors new entrepreneurs, but I need a business idea to present for starters.
I thought I had lots of ideas for products and services, but looking through the course application form, I have no idea how profitable any of them are.

this is my first time on this board, give me a rundown on all the acronyms here and what I should start investing in

When day trading, is it worth always looking at order books and sell walls on multiple exchanges, or is the market largely in equilibrium?

When there is a moon / break through of depth plateau, specifically when / how do you know when to get out?

How much leverage did you start with, how much now?
What are the typical rates for margin trading for a 10 minute, 1 hour, 24 hour hold?
What are the typical rates for shorts same time frames?

Any advice / insight would be very much appreciated wise anons

Yes, it's something to keep an eye on. It is one of many tools you always should take into concideration. But don't rely too heavily on it at the expense of other clues.

Is it too late to buy - no value - when coins hit Binance and kucoin?

Not really an old fag but i have had old fags tell me the truth when I came here 3months ago. No It is not a meme, it is a risk but definitely not a meme. This user knows one thing that Sergey has not tweeted since November, their is no reason too unless 1. Their is news to be told 2. If their was something wrong.
Sergey not tweeting means everything should be running smoothly, also chainlink is not an attention seeking whore.
Understands this, their is no reason for chainlink to be a scam attention seeking whore, if he wanted to scam us don't you think he would be tweeting bullshit to drive up the price, for fuck sakes anons the man owns the domain smartcontracts, that in its self would be worth half a billion if he really wanted to sell it and make fast money.