Get a job they said

>get a job they said

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/recruitinghell/comments/7c6dss/when_u_flunk_your_interview_so_bad_they_charge/
linkedin.com/in/rebekahzambesi
boss.blogs.nytimes.com/author/rebekah-campbell/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wtf

lol great thread inc

>lying about your qualifications
What did you expect?

>paying for an interview
is this really a thing?

>Australia
that was your first mistake

>Rebekah, (owner)

WE

Fucking kek, this is why you don't wage slave.

>rebekah
either a woman or trans, that explains it.

LMAO

lmao. He's not paying for it, they';re charging him for wasting their time.

This can't be real though right?

you lying scum deserve it

havent laughed this hard in awhile
dont pay them a fucking penny

> paying for an interview
In what fucked up country is this normal?

>immediately obvious
>6 hours
KEK

Is this even legal?

REKT, did you actually lie OP?

The Jews will take any opportunity they can get won't they

>lying about qualifications for an IT job

Even in the parallel universe where the management was retarded and you got the job, how did you expect to keep it more than a week?

>6 hours
It's 2 hours you dummy

>VCAT
Its Australian, not necessarily paying for the interview, paying for wasting their time with it.

no way this is real. where the fuck are you from? leave this kike country where such thing is even legal LMAO

>using Erlang when Elixir exists
Pathetic

I'm guessing they were all present for the interview so it was 2 hours and i dont get how you wouldn't have assumed this to.

Scam. VCAT would laugh at this

reddit.com/r/recruitinghell/comments/7c6dss/when_u_flunk_your_interview_so_bad_they_charge/
Get out faggot

IT is the most meme career ever. The interviewers themself usually don't know a shit, and you always need 10 year qualification for 1 year old technology. In reality any competent engineer applies his experience and knowledge and learns new thing in matter of weeks. That said most technologies nowadays are just reinventation of old things, especially shit like akka that is just unix pipes.

Go to court. They don't have a case

In all seriousness, a female owner in an IT company is bound to stay garbage and get nowhere.

you're paying for 6.
2 hours * 3 people = 6 human hours

In BurgerLand if you lost 2 hours of time on an interview that didn't pan out so you charged the applicant for it, some fucker would lynch you.

alright reddit im tired of these pol posters pushing us around. lets make a stand right here right now

I remember that thread on /g/, the OP was such a fucking faggot.

But the actual time that had passed is 2 hours.

So hard to find decent Devs in Australia. I've spent like 40 hours of the last 6 months interviewing shit cunts.

Any bris anons with an aptitude for algorithms who would like to Dev in c# please respond.

nope.

Sue Rebekah for sexual harrassment

Bill them back for something just as stupid OP. Like
>>Thank you gentlemen for your Invoice. It was a pleasure and your service been great. Never have I had such a great audience as yourself.
Please view my $410 bill for my professional 2 hour performance as a con artist .
Happy to come again.

Assuming there was no contract between you and the employer. You can legally tell them to go fuck themself. That is not how interviews work

We were a small start up (15ish people) and growing. I normally did all the resume screening and the phone screens before bringing people in for interviews. But, I ended up ruining my ability to have impartial judgement on a candidate*, so I handed off that batch of resumes to be evaluated by my coworker.

My coworker then blind emailed them a programming test to complete. No introduction. No explaination. Just straight up, "complete this test to be considered for an interview." Of course, the two weakest candidates were the only ones who replied, and they failed. The strongest ones, of course, didn't bother with that bullshit. I was so furious. It never occurred to me that I'd have to explain common courtesy to my coworker.

* How I ruined my impartiality: I Google candidates to get an idea of other work they may have done and maybe a hint of their personality. I stumbled across a photo of a candidate and I not only had mistaken her name as male, but she was drop dead gorgeous. I involuntarily gasped, which drew attention, and someone looked at my screen, also gasped at her beauty, and quickly everyone in the room was talking about how beautiful she was. She appeared to be very well qualified, and was my first choice. But, I didn't feel any of us could further evaluate her impartially, so I passed her resume to the one coworker who wasn't there that day. Big mistake. She never responded to that silly blind request for doing a puzzle.

>Immediately
6 hours
(Ok two) but why have three people there?

Forget if its 6 or 2 hours.
What matters is that somebody needs to be lynched for making a fake IT company and rejecting all the applicants just to charge them for "time wasted".
If this shit was legal I would have my own company ready to put up now hiring ads everywhere just to deny applicants and charge them money not to be sued holy shit.

She look Caucasian, her profile linkedin.com/in/rebekahzambesi

This can't be real, but you never know with mutts.

lol when my hourly rate is higher than their owner.

so they immediately knew u fucked up but still waited for the interview to be finished after 2 full hours just so u pay for their 2 hours?

lol u dun goofed

kys

Agreed, I don't even think they can force you for a failed interview, that is their problem for inviting you in the first place and have to suck up to it. And now they are just threatening you by taking it to 'VCAT' here. They wouldn't do anything if you didn't pay and I doubt they would take it further, if they did nothing would happen.

Kek

This op, you are a massive faggot if you dare pay a dollar

what is this pasta

>If the amount is not repaid
>repaid

So this is money the interviewers paid to the interviewee?
Or are these people simply that dim?

they have no legal basis to require payment from the job applicant. The applicant didn't sign any contract with them lol.

also what kind of name is RebeKAH?

Nice LARP faggot

>Rebekah

That's Jewish isn't it?

>New York Times
>virtue signalling charity
She looks like a cunt, caucasian or not. OP's letter confirms it.

Perhaps he was actually an "experienced engineer of distributed systems" in Python3, Flak and MySQL. So the interview went well until they began talking about Erlang.
From how i read it, their only complaint is that OP lied about his experience with Erlang.

The owner is some female, probably 0 technical experience, you tell me.

Yeah, female execs are a red flag, as are Boomer managers and execs and wanna be Chads. Have never worked for one who was even remotely competent.

If he is senior in one language, what does it matter if he doesn't have experience in another one? It's not like they're drastically different and hard to learn for a senior in a matter of months.

Jesus Christ. I know OP is larping. But the guy who applied to this job should have noped the fuck out after seeing her face when researching the company

This is basic English though.

Wow, sounds like you missed an opportunity to work with some great people op. This will never hold up in court.

Oh and if you did indeed lie about a primary job requirement you dun goofed nigga.

her last name is Campbell, so i don't think she is jewish..

nothing wrong with billing some worthless bitch that tried to get away with defrauding the company with your resume.

if you legitimately did not lie then you simply don't pay and you have all the proof, otherwise pay up wagie

go to apply for a grocery job
>need to fill out application
>need to do a survey and say that I'm legal
>need to do an hour long personality test
>need to do a basic math test
>get call
>Interview
>Do another two whole work days on pointless computer training and more basic math tests. Liqueur stores don't even fucking bother with Computer training lol.
>$9 an hour for heavy lifting and back breaking work or very high paced production.

Apply for a Janitorial Job
>Find number on job websight
>call it
>Person says show up to this office this time tomorrow to apply.
>Show up in casual clothes not all dressed up for a funeral. turns out They don't even bother with applications they just do interviews with people who show up.
>Sent to another site to finish some paperwork
>At work the next day for $12.50 an hour doing less than half the labor of retail.

So many fuckers don't understand people don't have time for bullshit.

You don't know that. It could be anywhere from 2 hours to 6 hours, actually.

Maybe 2 people interviewed him for 2 hours and then another person stepped in on the second hour. Maybe it was 3 sequential 2 hour one-on-one interviews. Maybe it was 2-hour-long interview by 3 people.

Or maybe it could've be this scenario:
0th hour: 2 people interviewing, 2 total manhours in this period
1st hour: 3 people interviewing, 3 total manhours in this period
2nd hour: 1 person interviewing, 1 total manhour in this period

Total: 6 manhours.

We just don't know.

Jeg er arbejdslos og bor i kobenhavn har du ikke et job til mig? Er ret sjov at hænge ud med.

From one of her blogs, boss.blogs.nytimes.com/author/rebekah-campbell/
>When Women Manage Men Who Don’t Respect Women
>A few weeks ago, my business partner and I interviewed a candidate for a senior communications role at Posse. We met at a coffee shop and he seemed perfect: charming, smart and passionate about our business. He’d been successful in similar roles, and he came to the interview prepared with suggestions relevant to our strategy. I was impressed.
>But a couple of things bugged me. Ten minutes into the conversation his eyes swung behind our table and toward the counter. I turned to see what had caught his attention: an attractive waitress. I looked at him quizzically — he knew I’d noticed what he was staring at but he didn’t seem to care. He smiled and gestured for my male business partner to check her out.
>I couldn’t help but notice for the rest of the interview that whenever he spoke about anything serious he focused his attention on my male partner. He answered my questions well, but often with a flirtatious smile before shifting his attention back to the male in the room — the person he obviously assumed was the boss. At the end of the meeting he held his hand out to shake mine in the dominant position — palm facing down. By now I was fuming — I grabbed his hand from the side and we had an uncomfortable moment.
it goes on for a bit..

Yeah, so she probably has no idea what she is doing.

I'm not Australian but if they brought something like this to VCAT or any small claims court. I would counter sue them and take their money for charging me without providing a service and wasting my time and the courts time.
No preforming a job interview is not a service Patrick.

Tell them to suck a dick

>head of developer
>hourly rate 55

topkek

Exactly, I would too. Legally they can't do anything about a failed job interview and they are using going to VCAT as a threat when in reality they cant do shit.

what an insufferable cunt

part two
>When my business partner and I discussed the interview afterward, we both had the same concerns. He also felt that his behavior toward me in particular, and possibly toward women in general, was poor. But we also agreed that in every other respect, this guy was ideal for the role, and we had been searching for a strong candidate for quite a while. We considered that one of his assignments, if hired, would be to relate Posse to prospective corporate partners, which meant his flirtatious nature might come in handy. Some of the best business communicators apply their skill and charm to their advantage.
>Still, that left us with some big questions. Could he respect me as a founder and leader of the business? Can a female boss successfully manage a chauvinist?
>Working in the technology sector means that just about everyone surrounding me is male. I’ve learned to deal with loneliness, lack of emotional support and prospective investors who sometimes make inappropriate comments. But what really gets me is knowing that it may be fundamentally impossible to lead some people who cannot respect me because I am a woman. This bothers me because I want to be a great C.E.O.
>I’m not suggesting all males are like this. It’s unusual for candidates to demonstrate disrespect toward women in an interview with me. Once I’ve hired them and struggle to connect, I often question what has gone wrong. Do I have a poor leadership style, or are they not listening because they think I’m inferior?

Fine what ever 6 manhours who fucking cares they cannot charge you for a job interview.
And this person should have sued because this looks like black mail.

Are they not? I don’t understand anything about computer programming.

All sounds like nerd Ebonics to me.

That girl was me. I'm about to call the police but I'm just so fucking terrified right now. I'm at home right now thinking about ending it all and I'm literally shaking right now.

why?

>I involuntarily gasped
you're literally gay. get your estrogen levels checked and stop drinking from plastic bottles.

They like to change their last names or use their mixed blood to hide. See Giraldo Rivera.

As long as your familiar with the three most commonly used paradigms (imperative, object-oriented and functional) and computer science fundamentals like data structures/algorithms, programming language choice is pretty superfluous. For hiring, anyways.

Today I learnt about imperative, I only knew about OO and functional, gg.

>held his hand out to shake mine in the dominant position
Oh no! Not the dominant position!

haha that there is quite fucked mate, but did you seriously just hope nobody would notice you knowing fuck all about erlang? Did you just sit there while they asked you to explain how supervisors and all that other OTP shit works?

Bruh just decompile some Source, Unity, or Unreal engine game and take a look at the code.
If you can understand C++ or Linux Programming language then its just a matter of knowing what {} ; : ( ) ! # * //// goes where in other languages. Its easier to understand than nigger speak too.

ah, there it is
and I was wondering where all those garbage candidates who can't write 3 lines of code come from

Reddit

>friend suggests applying for same job he does
>very simple work involving updating firmware on barcode scanners they use in grocery stores
>says I'll have a talk with a manager and I'll probably be working the same day
>applications now go through a temp agency
>they make me do a 2 hour online test geared towards process proces operators
>have to wait for round two which involves psych eval and roleplaying
>get a call from a crabby female temp agency employee who complains to me about my lack of passion for firmware updates in the application letter

Fuck that. I never learned what round 3 was about.

>Can a female boss successfully manage a chauvinist?
Yes, because a successful female leader isn’t a pussyhurt, whiney little bitch.

>I’ve learned to deal with loneliness, lack of emotional support
If she needs that, she’s not cut out for a leadership role.

>This bothers me because I want to be a great C.E.O.
Confusing being a great ceo with getting approval from everyone.

>Do I have a poor leadership style, or are they not listening because they think I’m inferior?
Poor leadership style = loss of respect from subordinates.

This is why she will forever feel insecure and unfulfilled in her life. Every misstep she makes will be the fault of the male patriarchy conspiracy. She will die angry and unhappy.

You are a male CSI asshole. You aren't an ally that I can rely on. How does it feel to intimidate a girl from behind your computer? I'm literally shaking and crying right now.

>everything I don't like is reddit
Fucking gas yourself.

This looks like extortion by threat of lawsuit.

>matter of principle rather than cost

top kek

Better than mine. Rejected by the Royal Navy because of 15 years of mental health problems and several personality disorders. Some people are so picky who they give a weapon too.

How to troll this bitch and make her lose $$$

Thats because it is, its only a threat.

Google exists, no seriously, many jobs will be fine as long you do your job and don't bother the boss.
Hell, sometimes you can fail the interview because you know too much and the interviewer doesn't want to hire someone who could surpass him in rank.