Found address+private key in old hard drive

Found address+private key in old hard drive
Address show 16+ BTC
Electrum doesn't recognize the private key, please help
I will donate some if I can access it

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcoinelectrum.com/importing-your-private-keys-into-electrum/
bitaddress.org/
bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/17618/how-do-i-send-bitcoin-in-paper-wallet-to-other-person
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

doesn't recognize the private key?

look at it yourself, should look something like this:

E9873D79C6D87DC0FB6A5778633389F4453213303DA61F20BD67FC233AA33262

Use blockchain.info wallet. Electrum has a different and incompatible format.

This

Where I put the private key?

this

Email it to me

electrum uses WIF format. Send key

Send the details to the following email and we'll figure it out

[email protected]

hit import, put in the private key, the hit add private key, pretty simple

Post address and help me faggot

Just make a blockchain.info wallet and import the privjkey there. They support all privkey formats

[email protected]

mate. go to settings > Click Addresses > Click Manage Addresses in Imported Address Column >click import address > then paste your private key and then import.

lmk if it works I will accept a tip...

>being this dense

here's my address btw
16vPocyAiarfQzKVdCfVv9DVjLV71mAUSy

yw mate

create a new wallet and import the private key there
bitcoinelectrum.com/importing-your-private-keys-into-electrum/

>go to bitaddress.org/
>generate an adress untill the bar is at 100% you need to do it to see more options on the site
>click wallet details
>enter private key
>it will convert to WIF format
>insert WIF format in electrum
>tip me at: 1EFvBqS6kgY9ZDWL4fSubrAKzv1DXAoKNs

pajeet

oh and my address is
0xd7fd9A7a1565329c09d63f81F06a658bFC0F9b52

The value you entered does not appear to be a valid Private Key or bitcoin address

try searching your public address on blockchain to make sure it actually exists and holds those coins. if it does, try what said. if that doesnt work, report back soldier

>The value you entered does not appear to be a valid Private Key or bitcoin address

Then the private key was stored wrong. Sorry man

you must have stored some other random string of characters lol..? what does it look like, how many characters does it have etc

51 start with 5HDW3 end with SE

try putting an L before it ??

you have an uncompressed public key, due to the fact it has 51 chars and starts with 5. go to bitaddress, go to wallet details, enter the private key, click view details, now it'll show you the compressed/uncompressed address and their associated private keys. pick the one with 52 chars and then try to import into blockchain wallet.

So if you've tried blockchain.info method, it could be an Electrum key but you need a password?

here you are:
bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/17618/how-do-i-send-bitcoin-in-paper-wallet-to-other-person

1PPHPccFziDZWVTKnXtkcN13n7Pj81zb9k

thanks

Bitaddress says that is not a private key
Nothing

you must have stored it wrong then or something man, sorry. or you might be accidentally adding a space or deleting a character. make sure you're copy and pasting it correctly. if you really are then make sure you check blockchain to see if it really exists.

Rip

dont give up fag, whats wrong with your private key

damn man that is sad as fuck. not sure whats happening there, since it really exists, are you sure you're pasting the right key that corresponds to that public address?

Want to know too

You can sweep it into Electrum, I believe.

Let me try for you

What could possibly mean that is a wrong private key, number instead of a character?

how was it stored?

any misplaced number out of order or character that's not EXACTLY how it needs to be will mean it's invalid

There is some guy who helps people recover bitcoin wallets for a percentage of the wallet (I think 25%).

He goes by DaveCrypto. There's an article on him on CoinDesk so I'm pretty sure he is not a scammer. Might be worth a shot if nothing else here works.

Did you maybe somehow swap a zero for a letter O?

Maybe try typing it in manually instead of copying and pasting in case there's some weird ascii characters. Like if you're pasting in from a table it might try pasting the table information with it.

15zLxjauSi5nK9vRCapvHkCQUBdbWLJ44s

I'm contacting him, last hope

Smart move, I wonder how much he’s made from doing that.

Tried turning it off and on again?

Tip jar for gags
1CWqgELrmiAtRiLKkn231H2QYmVYWrDj6o

Hi, brainlet here, so don't know any fancy techniques. Maybe it's in reverse order?
my adr:
1CKwnmwWK8xvguGGeyrSRB1NCgEWPWrPPP

Install mycelium, create a HD wallet and backup it with 12 word seed. Write it down on a paper, not on a digital notepad or e-mail. Next step, same program, you can import your private key. After you see your bitcoins, next step is, transfer all your coins to your new "12 word seed" wallet's new public address. Now you are safe & good to go
My adr:
1CKwnmwWK8xvguGGeyrSRB1NCgEWPWrPPP

Already tried, mycelium doesn't recognize the key from the clipboard
Txt

Type the address in mycelium manually?