Charting

I'll hook you guys up with some charts if you'd like. Let me know what you want to see. I do trend analysis.

How to read the charts:

Uptrend - Positive Slope Green Line
Downtrend - Negative Slope Red Line
Price Points - Horizontal Lines: Green = Resistance (Sell)----Red = Support (Early Buy)----Blue = Pivotal Support/Resistance (Acts as early indicator of price movement towards trend break. If this line becomes a support, this is a buy point prior to downtrend break.)
Date - Vertical Yellow Lines - Price movement needs to break the downtrend prior to the date/time shown by these lines. If it does not, expect a fall to first support below uptrend.

Buy when the downtrend is broken. Sell when volume lowers at green lines. Stop-loss blue line inside of trend or on downtrend reentry.

I will do ATH predictions if requested.

Forgot something - Let me know if you want long term ( 1 day candles ) or short term (1 hour candles). I usually chart on Bittrex data, so let me know if you want me to use another exchange's data.

Example of BTC day chart. The highlighted yellow part happened after the chart was made. The 12,871 line should have been a blue line. You can see that it was unable to break this resistance, fell below the uptrend, and (for the time-being) is holding at the support below the uptrend

Another example using SNT.

MANA Example

Vechain Long term pls

TRX please

This and ChainLink pls OP.

Op... Bitch please... You're not even including the bottom of the candle... Cringe

Not a ton of data yet, but here's my take.

What? The wick? Don't make decisions based on wicks, man.

How about bitbay? I'm not quite sure if its looking like a buy or preparing to hit the dumpster

cred why are you on Veeky Forums

you dont just put lines everywhere for structure, you seek out the best structure points first
goddamn

The yellow highlight happened after the chart was made, dude. I don't just put the lines anywhere. They are based on trend intersections that I remove prior to posting so that the chart looks cleaner.

XLM XRP long

TRX (ATH prediction not shown of 6147)

LINK

If its not an MS Paint chart i wont even look at it.

Op what materials do you recommend for someone who wants to learn TA?
I dont want to rely on random anons when I can draw meme lines myself.

BAY - Keep an eye on this to make sure it doesn't fall below 1014, but it looks good for big gains.

ATH predictions not shown are - 8554 and 12722

HOLY SHIT --- A USEFUL, GENEROUS THREAD ON Veeky Forums

Seriously, thanks user!

Sure, I'd like an ATH prediction for ChainLink in 2018 please.

Also, please do an XRB hhahaha

Most of what you will find out there is garbage. Trend/Support/Resistance, RSI, and Elliot Waves is all I think you need to know. Really, if you just buy on downtrend breaks, you'll make money.

Going straight to outer space and beyond.

Impress me with REQ, it looks unreadable, like crayons thrown all over the floor. If you can do REQ you may be very smart, no one else can lol

LINK - 29339 by 08/02/18

>buy on downtrend breaks

Can you show us an example of a downtrend break happening right now? Not because I want to buy and make money, I just want to watch and see what happens. Its always easier to spot stuff in hindsight.

No problem, man. I'm glad you like it. Thanks

INT
might be difficult though

>LINK - 29339 by 08/02/18

August 2nd 2018? So 300% growth in 8 months? That honestly doesn't sound very good compared to other opportunities in cypto...

HORSE please, I feel like I might just kill myself if this piece of shit keeps dipping and tanking non stop

what about NULS? looks like it could be good

Sorry about that, guys. I'm back.

Yeah, that's a good idea. I don't know if I can get one that's happening right now, but I'll find one for you to watch.

I had REQ up, so I went ahead and did that one. I'm back to looking for an example that should break a downtrend soon.

We gonna follow the grren line, rright?
Not the dashed one?

I consider green line a safe buy zone, yellow line a small/cautious buy zone, orange line a small sell zone, red line a cash out zone

I do not expect new ATHs any time soon, TRX became way too overvalued way too quickly. Honestly if you incorporate fundamentals these lines should probably all be a little lower but I'd say they're moderately good from a TA standpoint

Steem please

Personally I like to play things very safe with my investments. I'm not saying LINK can't go higher, but this is where I'd have my targets based on previous data.

I think the problem most people have is chasing highs. I am of the strategy that I hold BTC but only deploy it when great opportunities arise. Will VEN ever fall low enough to reach these buy targets? Maybe not. But at least I know I won't be buying high, and BTC is a reliable bet long term regardless (though it certainly is no longer a moonshot at this point unlike alts)

Do eth short and long

what do you see for ETH OP? I'm looking for "safe" long-term investment and wonder if it's good entry point now or if there's a change for further dips in near future
it's already 10% up since yesterday so I'm a little hesitant to hop on right now

Let's check out EXP. This chart is kind of busy, but that's because I've included the minor trends (dotted lines). You should be able to see trend break on this one soon.

The other problem with using TA on crypto is that crypto doesn't just have a USD value. It also doesn't just have a BTC value. It has both. They are connected and they are not, and they affect each other and they don't. It's really annoying, because when you use the charts I am (satoshi value) it all sort of hinges on BTC being stable in price. And when you use a USD chart the same applies, really, because you know how alt markets always follow BTC price regardless of altcoin valuation (outside of big news or whatever, of course)

ETH is an outlier, as well as LTC, in that they are much more closely tied to USD than BTC valuation. There is an easy way for retail investors to enter their markets without buying any BTC first due to CoinBase. That said we all know ETH and LTC still fluctuate with BTC just about the same as everything else. This simply means that they have a greater opportunity to pull away from this trend. Such as ETH having its massive run up in value recently, basically doubling its satoshi value vs BTC since December.

Thanks for taking some, man. That's really cool of you. I'll be back in a bit.

will we ever see a crypto world without the domineering pricing effects of btc?

Once exchanges begin offering more pairings to USD the relationship between BTC and alts with weaken. But as long as one coin has such a massive share of the market (BTC), everything else will at least in part be tied to it. If BTC fell to 10% dominance for some reason, that would certainly cause things to no longer be tied to it. But if there were say, three big players, like BTC being 20%, ETH being 20%, and something else being 20%, then I could see them all kind of being tied to each other and everything else being tied to their share too. So realistically the odds of alts being free from any kind of a relationship seem slim. You'd need there to be a pretty even split in the biggest players as far as dominance goes as well as USD pairing or at the very least pairing to all the biggest players.

Let's look at EMC as well. It has already broken the minor uptrend, and it does not have long to make a recovery. I would buy this between 39 and 41, but I thought you guys may want to watch this one play out.

Shhhh user don't let these round eyes know about nuls

ICX Please!

Minor DT break just happened on NULS

Xlm?

ICX

XLM

How about fun? Trying to learn a bit about trend analysis here

Seconding.

Yea, I wouldn't mind seeing FUN

In your opinion, what are some coins that moon within the next week, and next few months?

INT?

Hey, OP. Just wanted to say your thread made me want to learn more about TA. What I see here is a possible way to have relatively stable income, even at the worst of times. T
Thanks.

Give us KMD, OP

dbc

Sorry, guys. I have to go in a few. I'll do another one tonight. I see a few questions on here that I'll answer before I leave, though.

We have a Technical Analysis General /tag/ thread now, somebody keep passing the torch

Here's a really quick version of FUN. I'd look for this to drop in the next few days, but it's not impossible that you'd see the 10 and 12 lines before that happens

Thanks, man. I'm glad you liked it. You're right about stable income. It just takes practice.

Is that LINK/BTC on LINK/USD?

TNC would be great, thanks

*or

I'd expect to see these soon:
AMP
ARDR
HMQ
UNB
XMG

Those should gain around 30% with the exception of HMQ that I have at 20%.

For a 50%+ gain, I'd keep an eye on EBST. I didn't check it prior, but I think you're looking for a close above 62.

>08/02/18
What is this retarded date format?

Hey OP, do you mind posting using this format later tonight? I've included the pastebin as well, thanks

BTC

Not really sure why I did that. You like 2018-08-02? I should say something about that prediction date just to be clear. I show it hitting that price PRIOR to the date I gave. Not like tomorrow prior, but you know...

Ok, guys. I'm out. I didn't have the normal about of Veeky Forums hate early in the post, so I really appreciate it. Everyone was really cool for the most part, and that's always nice.

Seconding this. You're doing god's work OP. If you could do more commentary on what exactly it is we're seeing in each picture i'd be really glad.

Great thread OP, really. One question about this though. You say using wicks is kind of retarded if i am getting you right. but if you use technical analysis e.g. on an 1h candle chart aren't you automatically basing your decisions on the wicks of the 1d-candle-chart?

nice breakout btw on the 1min chart of IOSTBTC.

How far up do you think this will go? It's only rank 1100 on coinmarketcap.