Xrb market analysis

Don't sell below this point or you're risking it. Major updates coming, news already announced. Check next image.

XRB is a shit coin because it has no purpose. The only way it can make it big is if it gets widely adapted and it won't before something like XLM is actually used to pay for things.

right, a free to send coin instantly has no purpose at all for transferring between exchanges...

The FUD has intensified over the last 24h. What’s going on biz?

I trust XRB will go back up but this line graphs are retarded

oh look kids it's this fucking faggot again who bought stolen from IOTA shitcode for all time high

>has no purpose
same purpose as BTC, BCH, LTC, DASH,...

>make it big is if it gets widely adapted
adapted into what?

>and it won't before something like XLM is actually used to pay for things
Oh, you just wanted to hijack the thread and shill your own brand of coin. Let alone a centralized coin.

kek, dunking on weak FUD is fun

It's not going to be free to withdraw from exchanges though. So no, it has no real use in that sense. It can be used as a currency, which is it's goal, but that would require massive adoption as retailers are only really going to use one or two cryptos. Maybe that'll be XRB, and if it does it'll be worth more than bitcoin... that's a big maybe though.

I own 1000 XRB, got them at $0.7, and I'm not unhappy I didn't sell at the ATH because they are my crazy bet in crypto. If XRB makes it, I'll be lit.

But you'd have to be a fucking idiot to buy into it above $1.

>XLM
>centralized
retard

its 50 cents right now on kucoin and every other exchange free vs eth 10 dollars, and bitcoin is higher. hahaha, nice lies. "i bought 1000 xrb at 0.7 dollars), says the guy who just said its shit.

>muh incentive to run nodes

RAI community is unstoppable, fact

Here's a point that's valid for all XRB fud threads. If it's so bad why do you guys give a fuck about it? Everyone who talks shit about it wants to buy in.

Network can be crippled for $1500/hour
How is that not concerning for a coin with a cap of $1.6B?!

Explain your logic instead of posting lies

If people wanted to buy it, it probably wouldn't have dropped from 19 to 23 in 1 day. Got heavy bags?

>why is there a increase in fud in the past 24 mh
It's has the most massive losses in the past 24h. Check coinmarketcap yourself. Only two other shitcoins with bigger losses

Why don't you sell it then for a profit if it's so shit? and no i don't have bags.

There have been about 4 threads a day for the past month about how it sucks.

That’s because bitgrail exit scammed

Lol this blatant liar says he has 1000 XRB and that he wont sell it even though it's going down to 1 dollar. Lie

They just changed it to require verification to transfer ANY amount but haven’t done any verification in over a month. How is that not an exit scam? I have ~120 XRB stuck on the exchange so I’m pretty pissed

Yes I have told you guys to not use bitgrail for months.

There's no exit scam the guy is just a retard

"They"? You mean bitgrail? WHY DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR XRB ON THAT SHITTY EXCHANGE. You deserve to have your money stolen

Stated 7k TPS network capacity
Typical CPU can perform 0.2TPS for transaction PoW
This would require 35000 cores to reach network capacity
Amazon c5.18xlarge instances provide 72 cores for $3/hr
500 ec2 instances would provide 35000 cores
costing only $1500 per hour

Even if the calculations are 10x off, $15k/hr isnt much to take down a coin with $1.6B market cap

DYOR before accusing me of lying

LMAO, there were announcement for this a 2 weeks ago already. Reddit, Veeky Forums, twitter...

Have any of you actually tried withdrawing off Kucoin? Literally takes less than 2 minutes and costs 50 Cent withdrawal fee or some shit. Eth is 10 dollars lol

What makes this even more concerning is that the devs have made no attempt to address attacks like this and Penny-spend

It's not taking it down, it's just making the network slightly slower. This kind of spam protection has already been talked about. It doesn't just break the coin, it just adds more to the network. You know how Ethereum gets slow sometimes?

Yes they have you can go see for yourself on discord.

it CAN be, if the withdrawal is done via JavaScript miner

so either pay $0.50 if you're on your phone or just wait for JS to PoW your transaction on desktop

Slower, yes. But how much would it take to completely make it unusable then?

All the brainstorming in the world on discord won't fix the penny spend attack. You need a cost to be associated with spamming the network. That is a transaction fee

I think it's pretty safe to expect that overloading the nodes would cause a big havoc in the network. Sync problems, blackouts, whatever. Only very few legit transactions getting through.

Like said, transaction fees are the deterrent against malicious DDOSes. Since XRB POW may be very hard if not impossible to control from inside the protocol, it's not suitable for preventing DDOSes by ramping it up.

pow is as good as transaction fee, you can still send millions of say litecoin transactions, because the fee is low and clog the network and somehow it doesn't happen, why?

RaiBlocks network has theoretically unlimited scalability. There will be hardware limitations on what a representative node can handle though. The 7000tps test was done with an average consumer hardware and bandwidth. Representatives with most weight are going to be (or perhaps already) with high end hardware and best possible internet speeds. Thus the practical network tps limit will be significantly higher than 7000tps. Also, modifying the code to make the load on nodes less cumbersome is something they are planning to do. This will further increase the efficiency of nodes. Wallets are however their current priority in the code department.

Litecoin average tx fee $0.30
Capacity 56 tx/s
cost to attack at 100% would be 56*0.3*3600
$60k/hour

Clearly this is more than anyone is willing to pay

The only zero transaction fee solution I have seen so far is Pascalcoin

Even this allows only 1 free tx every block (~5mins)

if that turns out to be an issue, you can make the PoW 10x longer if you fork off

even without doing this, you can run a node with much stronger hardware (think server-style 64 core machines) and still sync in time

it's just a question of ratios

Even if this happens, and someone chooses to pay $60k/hr to DoS the network, legitimate transactions will just increase their fee to accommodate instantly. The PoW can't be changed without a fork, takes time and the price could tank during that time