Hello Veeky Forums

Hello Veeky Forums
I made 17k last month working less than 40hrs a week. I do not have a college degree.

Ask me anything.

are you a welder

what do you do faggot

Used to be. Did it for 2 years.

boy what a guess dipshit

Doesn't matter how much money you make, you're still working class trash. Go back to university if you want to be taken seriously.

How many kneepads have you used so far?

Run a craft workshop for pipe welders
I'm the only owner and employee as well.
I figured some of you would appreciate a thread that wasn't related to crypto.

Plumber ?

he's not a welder

do you charge extra if they don't use a condom?

What's the picture about?

jeez OP can you maybe give some more information than just lazy oneliners?
Im very interested but this is like pulling teeth

so how do you make your money?

Sure keep thinking that. I need people that think like you to keep making $.
Only own 1 set but they're still in the box.
Pipe Welding instructor
Only ever charge extra when your mother comes to the shop
A student practicing 309 stainless steel GTAW welding on a carbon steel pipe with multiple joints.
Sorry user, this is my first time doing this
I live in TX where the demand for pipe welders is through the roof. I saw the opportunity and decided to quit my job as a pipe welder and open up my own shop in a run down building. I have since moved into a better looking place and have guys from TX as well as neighboring states come in and take classes here.

OP here. Btw, I truly hope some of you guys change your mentality that you must have a college degree to be successful. It may be the 'meta' but certainly not the only way to make $. I make so much more money than my friends who got bachelors and even master degrees after we left highschool. These suckers are in debt and not making nearly as much.

I found $20 on the street one time. I do not have a college degree.

Aske me an thing

this is actually you

eh, You won't get the pat on the back you were looking for here but from another somewhat successful guy who did the things other people didn't want to do and made myself more valuable to potential employers I say good job dude.

Hello thank you for your reply. Not really looking for a pat on my back, just burning some time amid my day and figured some people here in Veeky Forums would appreciate a different style of thread that isn't about crypto shilling

how do you manage to swallow that much cum?

that guy making a bong

How does it feel to be poor?

Lol, I've had a few request from some guys to make them one out of metal and cool looking valves but I kindly declined.
It sucked. I used to be the kind of kid that didn't expect anything for Christmas and had to walk to the grocery store and bring back the groceries in my hands walking back to my parent's apartment. had to count our coins before paying at the grocery store. I think is what drives me every day and motivates me to help others who need to unlock their potential and have them get out of their own situations. I hope that answers your question.

where at in TX im interested.

can anyone get your job and pay with the right credentials or is it a rare/nepotic thing?

I'm in Houston
I think I kind of cheated the system of this industry a bit. Welders look down on others who aren't as experienced as them and myself having only 2 years of experience prior to opening my shop (I'm 25 currently) was going to have to be working for a long time in order to save up $ and live an ok life. I decided one day to quit my job after getting my income tax return (I was pretty poor) and opened up the shop in a run down place I was able to rent for 200 bucks a month. I bought a couple of welding machines with my income tax return (basically gambled my life since I was deep in debt) and opened up. People started pouring in and now I'm doing pretty well. I have 0 teaching credentials (this industry isn't regulated). You have to earn your potential customers trust by knowing what you're talking about and showing them you can walk the talk.

literally the perfect place to do this right now. Great job. i live north of austin about an hour

t. gender studies faggot

Thank you brother. Taking advantage of offer up and facebook marketplace has been a key part of my advertising tactic. More than 70% of my customers hear about my business through Facebook.

17k with that. well done. why did someone pay you that much for that?

who are your customers and why do they need welding done

17k last month was the added overall net profit after taxes I made. Multiple customers.
My customers range from new inexperienced fresh out of highschool kids who are looking for an alternative to college as well as experienced welders looking to specialize in pipe welding with GTAW and SMAW processes specifically. I offer instruction on how to weld, not a welded product, per se.

hurrciane just buttfucked a massive port.... ontop of there just being tons of commerce in general.

It's the guy who owns epic piping off of 35

added to that, my shop is surrounded by some of the biggest petrochemical and processing plants in the world as well as being 15min driving distance from the Port of Houston. EXXON and CHEVRON complexes are both 10mins from my shop. There are over 30 pipe fabricators within a 20mile radius from my shop and most kids growing up hear know about how much money a pipe welder can make right after highschool without college.
No sir. I'll try not to disclose that on here since people from other boards would like to know and not for the right reasons either.

yup. how old are you op?

I'll be 26 in a few months. I started doing this at 23.

how did you learn how to weld?

When I graduated highschool I didn't know where to look for work since I didn't have a work permit. I got a job at a gas station as a stocker and one of the regular customers was a pipe welder. He said he needed a helper and since he was a contract worker for a bigger company he decided to employ me as his helper. He taught me what he knew (he wasn't the very best) but I continued to work for him. After the Dream Act was passed by Obama I received my working permit so I quit working for the man and got my self a job that paid me 600 weekly to weld in pipe (that is conidered low pay for a pipe welder) but it got me by. 2 years later I opened the shop.

Do you like balls in and around your mouth?

Yes. I'm a tranny connoisseur. Your adoptive mom's balls are best with 10yr old red wine and aged steak.

thats pretty cool man. i've got a buddy who's getting his cert at ACC. Seems like learning under someone else is a better call , but what do i know haha

good for you OP
sounds like a good way to make money
IIm a computerfag and spent 16 hours a day hunched over a laptop
would love to do something in ther eal wordl. but here you have tos pend like 3 years to learn any trade and Im already in my 30s so I dont really wanna change careers now

Thanks. That is fine but tell your buddy that certs in the welding industry are literally paper weight and won't land him the best jobs. Every time a welder goes for a new job they have to pass the contractor specific pipe welding test (6G) and must re-test every time they go on a new job. Most contractors worth their salt won't ever ask for certs and will automatically test you instead.

That isn't bad. I think that if I had been a legal immigrant by the time I graduated highschool I would have taken advantage of financial aid to learn something like Computer Science or maybe Accounting. I was pretty good back in highschool and always dreamed of having an office job. I would have never thought I would be in this industry today. My AP psychology teacher said I would become a Social Psychologist lol.

btw, I've had 40+yr olds come into my shop and successfully manage to change trades.

What if i live all the way in san diego and im interested in this stuff?
any shops like that near my area

I'm sure there is. There is a lot of places near Bakersfield (don't know how far that is from you) that need pipe welders. Your best bet would be a red state though.