Team Fortress 2 Trading thread

Install and play Team Fortress 2 today and MAKE SOME REAL MONEY.

This thread is for the discussions of trading, deals, currency, investing, trade secrets of TF2's hats and weapons economy. If you want to talk about the gameplay, game mechanics etc visit the /tf2g/ at Veeky Forums.

Whats that? Its impossible to make money from video games? You have to bet on lootboxes to make a single cent out of TF2? Well, you're wrong. Ask veteran traders here how using the set currencies established by the communities for more than a decade and you will be making HUNDREDS a month or probably thousands! Or at least get dollars off from your steam purchase.

Current currency conversions:
Key: $2.50 (lowest $1.9)
Ref: $0.07 (lowest $0.07)

New traders welcomed! Anons around will guide you how to get you started.

Or you could play one of the Valve games that has more players and thus a bigger opportunity to make profit.

Overwatch is better

>videogames

this is very good for bitcoin

PUBG and CSGO cost money. TF2 is the only F2P game I know that can give you a profit with zero investments.

Have you considered simply getting a job?

You can technically farm and grind scraps and recs from bot traders and earn every single hour. Its kinda relaxing.to do.

elaborate. I know about the hats and shit, but how would one grind or trade these in a fashion that would get me some dollars in my steam wallet?
Is grinding/dropping shit any legit at all? I only ever got shit as random drops

if i got a job the game will die since there are nobody else to care for it.

youre gonna make more money by buying a shitcoin and hold that
tf2 is fucking dead

Easiest way to make $$$$$$ is by buying keys for $1.90 each at marketplace.tf and sell them for slightly higher than that on the steam market. You can also ask around for cheaper than $1,90. Either ways youre guaranteed a profit.

But its economy isn't friend. There's value in purple hats and shiny guns.

its hard to find matches in tf2. most people just stick to it for random drops and the economy.

>2011
>tf2 hat market booming
>make 1.5k-2k a month sitting in dorm smoking weed trading hats
>some guy offers you 300 bitcoin for a hat
>wtf is a bitcoin

There's value, but the trade in hats isn't really as robust as all that. You'll spend weeks trying to sell your shitty unusual and no one wants to pay full price, they always want quicksells. It's not worth wasting time on, there's better games to make pocket change with.

Nah, imma just sell items on diablo 2
>FT: P-ING , P-COH , Zodx5 , SoJx10 , +1all charm, P syn annus PM ME

You realize TF2 economy died a few years ago? They over saturated the market with items and quality specific items. Then they made it so any normie with earbuds could sell them on the market. Killed everything

>videogays

tf2 ia a great game, but trading hats is retarded
I would rather buy LINK, than trade in tf2

You're 3 years late.

will look into it, thanks. Sounds like garbage tho. Anything that involves actly playing the game?

Also, as others may have hinted, what are other games that have a strong ingame-irldollars/coins economy going for them? cs go and runescape back in the days I know of.

no idea. I just stick to tf2 because of the easy to deal trader bots.

just made .55 ref profit bros
what did you got today

Someone bought my thing on the market. I immediately spent my $5 on cases and unboxed $.30 worth of skins. Good day.

Ill never have the guts to open crates. too risky. maybe until I got 200 keys in my BP or something then ill give it a try.

Funny, TF2 got me into crypto. I sold about $500 worth of keys for BTC on dispenser.tf. If I were to lose my mind and convert the gains I've made off that $500 in crypto back into keys I'd have one of the top 10 backpacks in the game.

you can't cashout steam wallet funds, so what's the point?

I've done the same with CSGO & rocket league, but both markets seem to be dying.

I unboxed an unusual exquisite rack with some Halloween effect a few years ago. Traded it for a bitcoin, then sold that bitcoin for about $300 at that time. Sad

Steam market ruined the economy

How do you figure?

Well the market was driven by the scarcity of the main items, such as bills hat and earbuds. Now anyone with steam can easily sell that for steam market money which over saturated the amount of them overall. I remember when earbuds were $40 and bills hats were $15. Now not only is the TF2 player traffic down, but no one can cash out

bills and buds were artificially propped up by the limits of the old trade system. being able to only trade 8 items necessitated "tiered" currency items such as that

you can offer to sell games at discounted price to get back your cash or sell the steam acc

Yea but steam guard and all these other security measures also drove away a lot of trading. Not to mention all the new items and qualities like “killstreak”. Everyone i used to be in trade with quit around 2015-16

bump
anyone else farming refs