What should i do with this?

glimpse of the csv output from my bot that i finished a couple of weeks ago

the commissions though

if youre in the US kill yourself before tax season

profit includes the fees (0.05%)

not in the US, but if i was i'd just write something to calculate it for me

What strategy are you using

Does it fuck up some time? And what happens in a huge dip

I hope you're getting 0% tx fees otherwise you're dangerously close to being in the red. Cool nonetheless

strategy doesn't have a name yet, it's not anything people use.

it would wait and get a position near the bottom of a huge dip

tx fees are calculated in the profit and are extremely low

>he thinks US taxes are difficult
You can literally do your taxes as fast as it takes you to copy your exchange histories and dump them into an excel sheet. Grow up kid.

dare to post it?

You should open source it on github.

>it would wait and get a position near the bottom of a huge dip
is this BCC 2.0? mysterious bot knows how to time the market :^)

The first thing you should do is run two copies in parallel and see if they fuck each other up - then 4, 8, 16, etc. By the time you're trying 1024 you'll be rich.

You don't have to file any taxes if you didn't sell any of your crypto for USD

Like-kind exchange no longer applies to any cryptocurrency. EVERY TRADE is a taxable event and must be declared.

depends on the timeframe, it trades very frequently and isn't looking to hold a position very long. it's just waiting until it's absolutely sure it can break even. if we're talking about the 'january dip' it would have bought and sold many times. if you're talking about a 1hr candle dip then yeah, it would wait.

bitconnect was only 1% roi per day, this is 2%-3% :)

That's not true and you know it.
It's late, I don't feel like arguing with someone obvious posting on here to scare away people from buying crypto.
If you don't want to buy it, don't. Don't know what the fuck else to tell you.

it's fucked up plenty of times last year when i was in early days of building it. even early jan i made a big fuckup and had to manually sell all the positions for like a $500 loss. since the 7th of january it hasn't had a negative day though

oh dude i never knew it was that simple, those exchanges surely have a reasonable peg to USD on them right? oh, the exchange he's using (likely binance) doesnt have USD? maybe I'll trust some fucktard running bitcoin.tax or cointracking.com to calculate my USD basis. That should be fine, I'm so fucking smart!

Hey, I hope I don't realize hundreds of trades for like $5 gain each and then lose a bunch of money in my super volatile trading bot, I could end up with a larger tax burden than I have actual dollars. Good thing I wasn't tracking my tax burden and waited till the end of the tax year to export my csvs to a backwater website. God, finance is so easy a fucking brainlet neet could do it!

like kind exchange only applies to real estate now you fucking mong

What did you write it in and what exchange are you trading on? I was thinking of doing a project like this using the ccxt library

No, it doesn't.

i run multiple concurrently already, but for a different reason. if i ran 1000 of them i'd have to split the capital between them all, and each would just make 1000 times less profit. i run multiple concurrently, one does active trading and i have 7 more on different IP addresses used to poll the exchange as fast as possible without getting banned for the most accurate pricing data.

enjoy your audit and paying 0 cost basis you fucking tard

try a websocket?

So if you had 1,000 copies executing the same logic they wouldn't interfere with each other? Are you sure about that?

how to contact you?

i learnt to program building this and there's a lot of legacy stuff left over, so it's a mix of python, javascript and even bash scripts. it's mostly python.

there's plenty of communities for help building trade bots. as far as i know nobody in those communities has anything that is consistently profitable. i would say 95% of people using any of these lose money. don't expect to be able to make money with anything you build for a long time.

in my opinion, the best way is to start with something that already exists. zenbot, gekko, cryptotraders, autoview, haasonline or gunbot (afaik none of which are profitable either but they're a good start).

none of them are worth money IMO, so that leaves you with autoview that recently went open source, gekko or zenbot.

zenbot was recently updated with a few features that make it similar to how mine runs (but much more primitive) if you understand machine learning.

they wouldn't interfere unless there wasn't enough capital for them at the entry and exit points.

they limit the amount of websockets you can have open and they're buggy as fuck

>they wouldn't interfere unless there wasn't enough capital for them at the entry and exit points.

not enough volume*

which site are you doing this on

put it on github i need to make some money

Yes pls

there's a reason why nobody even SELLS a profitable trading bot let alone gives it away for free.

i've worked on this on and off since 2012, full time since june 2017.

if we're all running the same bot, we're all fighting for the exact same order book positions and volume. i'd be splitting the order book with the whole planet if i gave it away. as soon as i'd try and sell there'd be a gigantic wall at my exit position pushing the price down.

the only way i'd sell it is with the strategy removed
if i removed the strategy it would be worthless and only an idiot would buy it.

To be honest, it would be of great help even if you remove the strategy. It could act as a template.

What language did you start learning first? Any books or online courses you'd reccomend?