What have you learned from trading crypto and make one future prediction thread

I'll start:

Been in the game since late 2015 and have done quite well swing trading/value investing. Some things I've learned along my journey:

1) Don't chase. Get into good coins early, hold through the fud, and profit nicely. Obviously there are times when you have to move on, but chasing hardly comes out sucessful. Patience will become increasingly important as the space gets more competitive. Don't panic you weak handed bitches.

2) Value investing trumps chart/technical investing. We are too young into crypto for charting to beat out research and value investing. Do your research or find others that do it well.

3) Swing trading > hodlng > daytrading. Only high skilled people can day trade and most of us are not that. Holding works, but you won't maximize gains unless you ride waves. Waves are not daily things but more monthly things. I would suggest having atleast 50% in high potential but solid long bags (ven, link, icon, qash, wtc, etc) and then a portion in medium swing trades then maybe no more than 10% in fast swing trades.

4) biz is good at finding value, but determing timing is where you need to be responsible for yourself. Most good projects are on biz, even in their early stages. Biz is autistic, brilliant but mixed with alot of panjeet garbage.

Predictions: Link will be huge, 2018 will be the last parabolic year, and crypto will get very political, specifically financial freedom vs elitist control.

What average percentage gains target do you exit your swing trades OP?

5) Have an eye on lingo and filenames on Veeky Forums. Saves a lot of time figuring if OP is a faggot, normie or legit

I have price points based on market caps for that type of coins vs competitors, not percentage targets.

who do you follow with good research

OP is a subtle shill, fuck off

This is the right answer. When your utility token is hitting up in the the top 30 take your money out.

I dont follow one person in particular. I'm not going to give out my top resources because I'd like to maintain some strategic advantage, but my advice is to gather an expanding list of youtubers, twitter handles, subreddits, and forums. Honestly, alot of my time is spent on none other than biz but I supplement my research outside of it.

Try to start notice patterns with which youtubers and twitter handles are on to coins before they become popular. There are those early sources, then they get passed down to the more mainstream crypto sources which then get to the normies. The more you dig, the more you will get to those guys close to the source and are at the forefront of the pulse of the crypto movement.

More than anything though, learn how to filter through forums and have an sense for strong coins. Forums are a hive mind and so learning to decipher things within forums is really where my greatest strength is. Also, follow the reddit pages of the individual coins you want to invest in/are invested in.

>three weeks ago
>sell at a loss if it means you can chase another meme mission
>wait for the dip
>don't FOMO in to a new coin near ATH in the first week unless you got in early. It will very likely dip lower in the weeks to come.
>buy at ATH if you believe in the coin
>don't fall for the UFR meme
>send your private key over to ICOs for the free airdrop
>don't fall for p&d discord shitters
>pretend to read the whitepapers and follow the memes instead
>actually know how blockchains work and know the real world industry use cases
>buy rumors, sell news
>Keep a RSS feed on the subreddit
>invest everything in to the ICOs without a working product, whitepaper or public team. Once they do a face reveal you'll make it in no time.
>Diversify on projects you trust for low risk, low reward all in for high risk, high reward
>visit the telegram of the team
>Have twitter installed and actively sending you notifications of any tweets of the coins

t. lost half my portfolio since three weeks ago

>Link will be huge
Goddamnit OP you were doing okay before this

Believe it

Hope this made you feel better. You still don't belong and you won't make it in 2018

You sound salty

Why crypto trade instead of just getting into stocks? Nobody has yet to answer me this.

how can i learn to swing trade efficiently?

much lower barrier of entry for crypto trading

bigger swings = bigger profit

The percentage returns that you can get in crypto are leaps and bounds above anything the stock market can give you. Also it's easier to setup and do

I dont normally do this but I'll let you in on a little well kept secret I've never told anyone until just now
Buy low sell high

Do alot of research and get into coins early. Also realize you can't catch all the moon missions. Pick your missions wisely.

Alright, I can accept these answers. But don't big swings also mean big losses, depending?

yeah but that only matters if you invest more than you can afford to lose

Sure, but the overall trend is up. We are still early. Also the stock market is due for a big correction. It's largely being fueled by money printing and accounting tricks

agreed with everything except 2018 being last parabolic year. This isnt even on the radar of most banks atm.

I think we got till 2020

I sincerely hope your right. I still think there will be large growth, especially compared to any other market, but parabolic like 25-50x in a year will be much much rarer in my opinion. The market will become far more competitive and will become way more saturated. Also regulations could come into play.

I've learned that crypto is largely a game of chance. Most of the TA is bullshit. There's no point in reading white papers. During the BTC bullrun of the last half-year, you can buy almost any alt coin and not lose money as long as you just hold it long enough, then sell when you're in the profit zone.

Measuring against BTC is stupid and gives you the illusion that you're losing when in fact you're still in the green. What ultimately matters is the fiat value.

Crypto might be dying. The BCC scandal and the banning/regulation of cryptos are giving crypto bad publicity. When normies hear about crypto, they would automatically associate it with Ponzi schemes. BTC already passed the double-top formation. If there's no more flesh blood in the market, it will continue to crash.

Fuck. This is what I get for joining the party so late.

It's no easier to setup than a brokerage account, and with a brokerage account you don't need to read into wallets, security, any of that.

>"leaving large sums on money on the exchange"

>"leaving large sums of money on the brokerage"........said no one ever.

>Biz is autistic, brilliant but mixed with alot of panjeet garbage.

Woke

weird, I prefer doing the opposite. but really, where can I learn good techniques to play the market? I've had enough of holding with my thumb up my ass when I could be taking advantage of the fluctuations. everyone says TA is a meme and I'm having trouble getting into it. is TA the way?

I'm not a TA guy. I find undervalued coins aka ones that can atleast 5-10x, go big into them, then move on to another after. Don't over diversify if your stack isn't that big