When you realize only a fraction of LINK is going to be traded on the market while the rest is going to be held up in...

>when you realize only a fraction of LINK is going to be traded on the market while the rest is going to be held up in nodes
>when you realize that this creates even more scarcity despite more LINK being created
>when you realize that LINK is going to make you a millionaire

Other urls found in this thread:

swiftinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/SIWP-2016-001-Impact-Open-APIs-FINAL.pdf)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>When you don’t realize that selling link on exchanges will never be more profitable then operating a node because that’s the entire function of the token.

People will want to operate their own node
Where are they gonna get the LINK to do that?

I was actually at a bay area McDonald's yesterday and I spotted Sergey and Jason parser in a booth enjoying big Macs and mc nuggets with an assortment of dipping sauces. Huge soft drinks too.

I was really excited and approached them and started talking about how I think smart contracts are going to be huge and the swift partnership etc.

Sergey then gave me the nastiest look possible dipped a mcnugget in sweet and sour and threw it right at my face and screamed "FUCK OFF!"

I left immediately and logged on to binance to trade my link for ETH. Sergey is an asshole guys.

I

Exchanges dummy. But the if the price of link tokens at any point outways outways the return of nodes. Node operators will sell on exchanges. Equilibrium will be reached. Welcome to the free market.

Ok but the real question is sweet and sour or buffalo sauce?

NoLinker here, I'm sleeping comfy as fuck.
Always do the opposite of what Veeky Forums says and you will make it.

You realize Veeky Forums is telling everyone link is a scam?

Copypasta was funny in middle school, huh.

That guy is an idiot! Everyone knows that Sergey hates Sweet and Sour. The biz fud has truly failed, yet again.

idk if he does

Fuck me. I genuinely think LINK Is a great idea and will be huge. But after coming here, I just don't know anymore. It's at a decent price as well.

Digits confirm LINK will moon

>When you realize no matter what the supply is, no one wants this shitcoin

lol same here
i like the tech, but the desperate shilling is kind of a turn off

Hahahaha? Fuck off

>surge in link threads
>check its price
>about to fall out of top 100 on CMC again
Desperate stinky linkies I'm not buying your bags, this isn't even Veeky Forums's coin anymore its been ruined by le reddit.

>/r/linktrader
>3280 LINKers here now
Say no more

You can operate a node without token
Big business don't have to buy in, because sergey distributes the other 350million tokens to them
Link will basically be worthless
All this is about lowering the fees for normal contracts and bonds about 95%
Everyone believing link will be 100$ or god forbid even 100$ is beyond delusional or doesn't know why he bought it
Just hoping for a moonmission

>but but my assblaster said 150$
Yea assblaster was a larper at best and a whale dumping on you faggots at worst
Nothing he said happend end of January is near and nothing happend at all
>muh lambo
Old Veeky Forums bought in at 0.1 and has already or will dump it after 5$ or 10$
Which is by the way what i predict to be the maximum amount for this shitoken if it ever will succeed in 5 to 10 years

Have a nice time holding my bags

DELUDED
E
L
U
D
E
D

you fags have been shilling hard as fuck this for 4 fucking months hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha fucking deluded

if that is not deluded I dont fucking know what is

we shilled eth for over 8 months in 2016 retard

look how that turned out lolol!!

people actually think we are shilling? i hold so much link and fud all day for fun. trust me, this game is way more fun that way

150k LINK and I pretty much exclusively come here to fud LINK.

Please explain, Linkies:
If this ever happened, what's to stop someone from making a copy and paste clone of ChainLink that just uses incentives based in ETH or some other coin instead of LINK?

People looking to rent out their computing resources as oracles would flock to the bigger market - not to mention that it would be inevitable once operating a LINK node actually became expensive.

DELET THIS

Think bigger. Whats to stop me from doing the same with the US dollar.

Hey, linkshill.
Explain to me why your shitcoin wasn't even mentioned in Weiss ratings?

>why wasn't a token listed in a list of shitcoins
Gee I wonder user

Because the US dollar doesn't run on the sort of trustless system that cryptocurrencies provide. You can't send USD to a smart contract like you can with LINK or ETH. It also wouldn't work with the proposed proof of stake system used by nodes.

>hurr duur I'll just copy link code and everyone in the then allready established environment backed by swift and multiple big other financial cooperations like axa and bnp will automagically run my nodes.

This is obviously fake. Sergey would never waste food like that.

>b-but it's a token so it d-doesn't count

Then why EOS was mentioned?
Try again, linktard.

I keep seeing this LINK shit shilled everywhere but where can you buy it?

>two guys writing a json parser are totally going to capture the entire banking industry you guys
>people will never ever set up an alternative, hurrrr forking open source software is extremely costly and difficult!

nice larp faggot sergey only likes honey mus

Etherdelta.

binance

bon voyage

that's exactly what's already happening, only instead of even being based on link's code (of which they dont have much to show for thsmelves) it will be just a layer like or integrated into plasma.

if ethereum is where 85-90% of all tokens and applications are, why bother with an external chain when ethereum is the only place that needs that data?

and of course, the real elephant in the room, financial institutions, banks, etc, will never buy link, but a small % of them do already own ether.

G-guys, why does aeternity have 2x the market cap link does? Did we lose?

Don't fall for linkie memes on /biz. Linkies are deceitful and devious bunch, they will trick you with their memes to dump their heavy bags. Memes are the only thing that props up this abandonware. There's hardly anything else.

I fell for the linkie memes and "enjoyed" the entire month of no gains. When i sold this garbage it immediately went up in value. Thankfully it crashed few hours later anyway, like this trashcoin always does, lol.

>All this is about lowering the fees for normal contracts and bonds about 95%

ok pajeet, what about the other use cases of link?

A chain-agnostic tool would probably have a better future than what you’re describing, since Ethereum’s chink knockoff Neo and similar chains will definitely increase in size as they offer developers way more options for writing contracts with popular languages. Also faster transaction speeds. Ethereum is fucked if crypto skeleton doesn’t implement sharding in the next year or so.

>Warren Buffet's buffet diet is real

>(((kekistani)))flag
just sold 100k

No it's not. But that doesn't make it decentralized and be run anywhere except thy systems you own.
>Hyperledger

Not a pajeet
Swissbankfag
The goal of smartcontracts is to cut out the middleman thus lowering fees and make it trustless
Low fees is the endgame
Big institutions will run nodes and use the network because their business profits from the lower fees and other advantages from smartcontract they don't want to get rich with LINK

People would flock to the chance of running oracle nodes for ETH or some other popular coin. Developers would probably find it easier that they didn’t have to buy a token to get their contracts up and running. It’s inevitable.

someone hold me. wheres assblaster.

you can't make it trustless without nodes being run by people or companies that aren't them and nodes can't not have a significant cost associated with with running or someone would create a 1k on their own and launch a sybil attack.

Sure, but I see two problems.
1) The Price of one ETH is not entirely dependant on the Network but also on various other factors. IMO this could complicate how the fees are calculated and thus complicate the setup of the contract.
2) Sergey has a shitton of token laying around as incentive for cooporations to try it out. You would not be able to do this with an established coin

for example one of the middlemen sergey suggests that the chainlink network would be cutting out would be DTCC to which SWIFT member banks pay 20 million dollars each year. You can significantly reduce that price and still leave a very large profit margin for node operators assuming people will spin up enough nodes to where the ROI settles to wherever the free market decides is the true value, which would be some percentage of the value of the link the node has. The last documentation update seemed to suggest that smart contract writers could in fact pay nodes in things other than link, which would decrease token velocity and prevent them from having to fiddle with link if they didn't want to, so the only people actually having to deal with the tokens are node operators.

There has to be financial incentive to run nodes, if there wasnt it would be doomed to fail anyway because nobody would bother to run them. Big institutions will be given Link as an incentive to invest in the needed infrastructure. It is also in their best interests that he tokens bring good ROI since they will be investing real money into the project in the hopes that the token will be worth a lot more in the future.

What happens when the LINK tokens run out? How will Node operatros get paid then?

>Implying ETH didn't go from like $2 to $300 in 8 months.
>Comparing LINK's growth to ETH at all

>18 decimals

Yeah and look at its growth in 2016 like he said retard. It didn't do anything until 2017

i dont know too much about how the nodes are going to work but has he mentioned anything about them security wise like what stops people from not just stealing loads of link when running a node

Yes, let's compare the ethereum foundation, with a ton of developers and great minds even as far back as 2016 to LINK, which has two developers and hasn't even hired a marketing guy yet. Great logic.

To be honest with you I haven´t looked at the whitepaper I am just reasoning here with common sense. Sergey and his team have been tackling this problem for years. I am pretty sure they have a system drawn up that works and have accounted for loads and loads of problems we havent even thought about and made a plan to make it work.

People will always be selling link to pay bills etc. if the price is right... the fact that there are only 1billion tokens is a good thing.

Aeternitt is a platform that mentions having integrated oracles ONCE in their whitepaper. They've shown no progress or ability to do so. Might be part of why link shifted to a private repo

I imagine it'll work like all the other coin nodes that do not allow people to just steal loads of coin.

Im pretty sure a network of hundreds of banks and other companies is trustless enough
My point is that big institutions will form a network through chainlink which benefits each other in form of what chainlink/blockchain has to offer
Not on the token itself
The ROI will be way lower then what Veeky Forums turds are expecting
Or do you think weatherdata is worth more then a couple of bucks a month?
Chainlink won't make you rich it will make institutions richer
What is a smartcontract?

>when you realize that link will never be used

FUD more please, hoping the price hits around 50 cents per

Bankinsider here
We are currently in talk with SWIFT about the usage of blockchain tech
One of them is chainlink/smartcontracts
But like I said this will benefit the institutions not some guys holding 10k of LINK dreaming about their lambos

250k is the minimum to make "it"

I don't think anyone doubted that at least initially the network would be mostly corporate nodes. But the ICO, the coinciding of Chainlink going online at the same time as PDS2 going into full force, their intentional hiring of Thomas and his engagement with the community (which says a lot considering they don't engage in any other way; if what you're saying is true Sergey [who has demonstrated himself to be very methodical and intentional] wouldn't have hired someone like Thomas at all, and he is more than willing to engage with regular joes on slack, gitter, reddit, etc. on setting up nodes. If they had no intention of making it truly decentralized thomas would just be talking to the same people sergey is), and what this document seems say all suggest (swiftinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/SIWP-2016-001-Impact-Open-APIs-FINAL.pdf) they've thought about the risks and benefits of a slightly more than notionally decentralized system and have deemed it something worth pursuing.
Data itself is cheap and everyone knows this (PDS2 and all); ensuring it's secure enough to automate multimillion dollar contracts is slightly more expensive. I completely agree chainlink holders on this board have become delusional and all the presale buyers have left. If you think you're going to "make it" with a few thousand you will be sorely dissapointed.

Make what?

How are linkies created?

you could just fud, you don't have to do poor larp. The reason assblaster is so convincing to some is that he actually demonstrates that he's articulate and intelligent and if not consisent always has plausible explanations for why he wasn't. You just seem upset and are barely a step up above "my dad works at nintendo."

That volcano in the background is "VEN the impending doom" of your shitcoin.

Your fagdoublepepememe is a self fulfilling prophecy.

If a worthless token increases in value for no reason, it might not necessarily be good (pump and dump, bubble).
As of now chainlink is worthless. There is no reason for it to increase in value, other than people's faith in its potential. But once mainnet is completed and partnerships are announced and business start trying it out, you WILL be sorry for not buying now.

I agree with you user
I didn't say they completely cut out non institutional nodes/dataproviders
That would be stupid for numerous reasons some of which you already stated
But the value predictions of linkies is just way way way over the top

Too bad that assblaster was wrong about basically everything he said
But yes sure if you think he is convincing by any means go ahead
Or maybe u just choose to believe in him because you want him to be right about LINK

OK LINKIES

WHAT THE FUCK DO I NEED TO DO TO MAKE MONEY OFF LINK IN THE FUTURE

I KNOW I NEED TO HAVE SOME KIND OF DATA THAT WOULD BE USEFUL TO SMART CONTRACTS, BUT WHAT?

SPORTS SCORES? VIDEO GAME STATS?

ANYTHING THATS ALREADY PUBLIC WILL BE DONE BY SOMEBODY THAT KNOWS MORE THAN ME

WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING USEFUL WITH LINK MY BIZBROS

Oh and in case you just enjoy the meaningless riddles and hunts for documents which are open to the public in the internet
There is a document which links SWIFT, numerous swiss corporations, swiss banks and chainlink
Good luck

LINK IS SO FUCKING POWERFUL AAAAAAA

Thanks for that, I think I know what you're talking about. We're all working together m8. I'm as distressed as you sound that the cult surrounding link has developed such elevated expectations and the discussion about it has devolved to what you see in this thread. Personally I'm just looking for a few bucks, all fundamental valuations aside, should be possible as soon as a company like AXA, let alone, SWIFT publically states they're using the network on hype alone.

join or stay broke

discord invite: FgP3eS9

2/3rds of circulating supply locked up waiting to be sold over the counter to actual users of the network
Your ico funding bags are worthless