Ideal work week

What is the ideal workweek? The weeks can be any length under 15 days, and can serve any purpose as long as it's logical. Give me your ideas to add to my list.

For example: "Slave" would be the minimum amount of rest without working someone to death. The "Work" being done should be something difficult and mentally stressful. For example operating a popular kitchen with lots of customers, or doing physical labor.

2 x 12 hour work days, 2 days off, every other week 3 days off

efficient model used by industry

So how long is each week, because your model doesnt work under 7 days

4 day X 10 hour work week. 3 day weekends. Proven to boost moral and productivity.

I work in telecom sales and I have Sundays and Wednesdays off. Sundays off means that I can go to church and have a day to myself with family, and I enjoy having Wednesdays off (same days off as my wife) because most shops are closed on sunday so it gives us a day to go shopping and get errands done. Working M-F with weekends off would burn me out quickly on the phones, so it's nice to have a day off in the middle of the week to recharge, sleep in, and still get shit done.

But "ideally" I'd like to have a 4 day workweek. Sun/Wed/Sat off. When I was working construction I liked to have three days off in a row, doesn't matter which days so long as Sunday was one of them. Takes longer to recover from physical work vs mental work.

Ok added.

I used to work for a mining company as a chemist at a fly in camp. Work week was 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, 12 hour days. Wasn't bad, and you got pretty sweet overtime

Why not have Fri, Sat, Sun off?

Having wednesday off in the middle of the week seems like it would disrupt productivity and screw up the flow of the work week..

People would lose focus of what they were doing at work on Tuesday when they return to work on Thursday..

perfect!

Look at that nice long weekend you get... long enough to plan a trip and not feel rushed.

Lol i work 90-120hrs every week. 24-36hr shifts up all night.

This is interesting. Working from home, I never found the perfect schedule that I can maintain without burnout. Maybe this can help.

I worked this schedule for 7 months once. Definitely a healthy balance.

Another one: 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off.

>slave
>2 days off
wut

The 4x10hours would be good for my job. I wouldn't want that if it was hard manual labour or customer service though. Regular work week + Wednesday off would be awesome, of course.

Long time ago when I was in college I had the 5x5 and hated it; never caught up on sleep, always exhausted. The minimum of two consecutive days off is mandatory for my sanity and quality of work performance as well.

I really enjoyed 18hr shifts Mon,wed, fri

a long term slave.

still dont need 2 days off

Now, you have to explore what hours of the day would be worked during a typical "work week"

Some argue that 7am-3:30pm is the ideal schedule for the industrial world, while 9am-5pm is typical for branch business.

Some people might even say that a NIGHT schedule works better for productivity, but prohibits workers from seeing their families as much..

I think 8am-4pm is perfect. What say you?

14 & 14 is best.

>mfw work 30 hours a week and get Sunday, Monday, Wednesday off.

Best rest days.

depends on the week length and how many days you get off.

how come so many people are on board with the Wednesday off?? Is it a European thing?

5 days in a row of hard work is difficult.

Nah, I'm a burger. It's just the most comfy right in the middle.

Software dev in finance. Ideal week is 1x7, 2x10, day off, 1x8, 2 days off.
Planning, execution, distance and introspection, retrospection and cleanup, rest.

I love 4 10 hour days.

In the Army though i worked 3 12 hour days consecutively, and then a half day of training (4-6 hours). And then basically 2 and a half days off. Love the schedule as well

Depends what kind of labor you're doing, i guess.. Sitting in an office for 5 days straight is pretty easy.. working construction or manual labor, though, can be pretty shitty 5 days in a row.

I see both sides of thought, i just think that having wednesday off would ruin the flow of the work week...

I work at a uni. I work months Thursday and "work at home" Friday. Go home 2-3 hours early most days if I can sneak out unnoticed

5/2, 4/2 is pretty sweet, only problem is you're off schedule with regular people.

1-40 hour work day. 6- days off. goat schedule.

ideal is 4x12 3 days off. 3 days is very comfy.
although its not hard working 5 days top kek

best schedule yet????

It's a high-volume, inbound, short sales process with an average call time of

Work 40 hours, sleep 4 hours; repeat.

Builder here.
06:00-20:00 Mon-Friday
06:00-13:00 Saturday

Every day is a gift and thus should be a holiday. We were not meant to live this way.