Red Pill on engineering

>started first year Bsc civil eng
>can't see myself doing this for another 3/4 years
>figured since my dad did it i'd like it, but my interests lay in cars planes and guns

Should I switch to mechanical engineering ?
Which fields of engineering are meme ?
Red pills on this subject more than whalecum

I’d switch to mech asap. You likely won’t need to take any additional courses if you’re in first year engineering. No point postponing the switch until 3rd year where you have a ton of useless civil eng courses that won’t count towards your degree.

Are mechanical engineers in high demand? Why not do electrical/computer engineering or cs?

I'm a 3rd year civil major. Already had an internship, wasn't bad but it was a desk job like all engineering. Probably gonna join the military when I get out so I don't live a lame 9 to 5 desk jockey life.

I don't think mech is gonna give you that much of a difference from civil. Electrical is more lucrative but any engineering major is good, trust me. It's a document that says "I am smart" I know eng majors that have got business jobs and so on, an engineering degree is impressive to employers cause it's rarer and hard to attain.

Switch if you want to, but get a fucking engineering degree. It will open up a lot of doors, from being a military officer, to management, to technical stuff to research

What they don't tell you is stem is being flooded with cs pajeets, women, fucking women of all people and paying them to fail classes and graduate and dreamers taking up all the scholarships along with niggers all pushed since kindergarten today. In 5 years stem will be over saturated and thats why I dropped out and neet through crypto.

Unis can do whatever they want, companies don't hire shit, and when they occasionally do it's just a random diversity hire

Good programmers get paid big time

Nope. It is flooded as you described at first, but by the third year the herd has seriously been culled. We have something like a 30% graduation rate in 4 years from the original class freshman year, so it isn't nearly as flooded as you think.

>started first year Bsc civil eng
>first year
>first

Are you for real? Have you even taken any actual engineering courses that are not intros?

>any engineering major is good

kek, tell that to the chemical engineer user geting cucked everywhere.

From what I've seen, he will probably drop out like the majority. Its just statistics

Chem E is beyond cucked true, the course is hard even by engineering standards and jobs are not that great and hard to find. Still, jobs outside of engineering can still be had. All of my Chem e friends are definitely sad though, way too much work for little reward relative to other engineering majors

Engineering is kill. Get out now.

I did ME at a decent state school and nobody in my graduating class has been able to find work.

Why would a emplyer hire americans for 2x the salary pajeets get, not considering the fact the pajeets and chinks usually study harder than burgers.

ELECTRICAL OR CHEMICAL (CivEng/Environmental engineer fag here).

I do almost everything now, depends where you work. I program PLC, wire up stuff, chemistry, biology, no joke. But I'm no retard.

You need to get through statics and dynamics, all the calc. you wont use the calc, but you need to know how it works, and that alone will change the way your brain thinks about everything.

Civil worst classes: hydraulics/dynamics. Transpo is retarddddded. After that it's all cake

Best classes: unironically structures - I learned more in that class and I don't work as a structural engineer at all - its a problem solving method.

I took Circuits as an elective, best class ever. I use that more than most of my civil, but I got into a lot of piloting and inventing shit. The degree isnt important, just finding someone to pay you. Tinker, do stuff, use your hands and tools. No one can do that anymore and there is a huge demand for someone who can and has a decent degree.

I sit on my ass daytrading most of the time and work on my own company while getting paid to fix stuff mostly since I automated most of my job.

This will never be the case.
Weedout classes are a bitch. They aren't really all that hard, but they do require actual studying.

and get a degree in what ?

Also buy Stratis and you'll be rich in a year.

because they can't talk to customers. Sales is also a thing, even in engineering.

Because pajeet a suck at engineering.

I did engineering at a totally shit state school and everyone I know has a good gig now. You and your friends must be actually retarded. But we were/are Comp Eng so maybe you fell for the civil or mech meme

Why don't you be a truck driver

how much you make for how many years of experience?

>tfw can't decide Architect or Law
Both are pretty much useless, but which one will be more enjoyable?

I made $60k starting, then over $100k in europe before oil tanked in 2014

I'm not that euro guy. I'm in my first year. 55k starting but I live in nowhereville so everything is cheap. Hoping to move up next year