Best way to file US taxes?

I was using TurboTax to file and it said I owe $50? How the fuck is that possible with below?

Claimed single, rent apartment
W2 wages - $45490.47
Fed. income tax - $4777.97
SSec tax - $2873.27
Medicare tax - $671.97
State income tax - $1541.00
12C - $0.30
12D - $852.60
12DD - $5850.65
Charity - $220.00
Moving expenses - $2420.52
New state car registration - $220.05

I'm fucking poor enough as is, do I really owe money? What else could I use to calculate my tax return?

creditkarma also has a free service that you could try though i dont know how good it is

>$45k/yr
>poor
lol, stfu

>10% fed income tax
>complaining
i hate you

$45,000 annual is dirt poor.

I make twice that and I'm fucking broke.

weird, i make $40k a year and I'm living like a king lol

>pays taxes
>doesnt demand monero
GTFO

No, you're just retarded and have no idea how to spend money.

I live in a liberal hellhole (NY) and have a wife and two children which certainly doesn't help. I can't fucking tie my shoes in NY without having to pay some Hasidic kike's rent or buy some dumb nigger a new pair of Jordans

Same job east or west coast I'd be making $200k. But $45k-taxes I don't even have extra money to spend on the weekends, everything goes to rent, food, internet, electricity ect.

Actually I do, and I'm probably twice your age but I had this thing called sex before and after many times repeating said action I have this thing called a family.

I'm sure you and your flashlight have a nice collection of weeb statues though, permavirgin faggot.

Honestly man I'd rather be a virgin than give any more of my measly salary to a sentient sex toy and few mini clones of myself.

>repeating said action

ffs using 'said' to refer to something you just said three words earlier really triggers me, there is no ambiguity which needs clarity and is 100% of the time pointless to use. you think this is a courtroom or you are some lawyer, fuck, you're on goddamn Veeky Forums

just use a fucking pronoun like a normal person

You are doing something wrong. Check your numbers. Married with three dependents should yield a decent return.

I torrent TurboTax every year. Have done it for a decade. There's no license checks. Go for it.

sorry thought you were

This faggot probably lives in cuckafornia too.
Enjoy your shitty life, soyboy

>Charity - $220.00
>Moving expenses - $2420.52
>New state car registration - $220.05
These mean fuck all. You paid about what, 19% federal?, that's dirt cheap. When I had zero exemptions and made 52-70k I usually lost 25% of mine to federal shit.
You owing $50 sounds about right. State tax sucks but you should have lower taxes everywhere else.

just as a heads up your withholding is your estimate on how much you should pay in per paycheck. You want it as close as possible to 0 to avoid having the government hold your money and give you a refund. Why let the government hold your money for a year?

Anything within like 200 bucks is an outstanding guess. It sucks when you have to pay in a little but overall I think you did a great job on your withholding. If you want to cancel out this in the future, you will need to contribute a little more to 401k, or have a HSA account to dump money into. In fact some people actually do a pre-tax calculation then dump money into their HSA to turn it into a refund.

Without the charity, moving expenses, and registration I would owe another $300
Huh. It's just weird because I never had to pay anything before and always received a decent amount back. I didn't feel like anything was that different this year and was hoping for a nice return.

Do I need to report every crypto website I trade on or Just Coinbase which I use to deposit and withdraw cash? There are too many random exchanges with shitcoins and the Coinbase tax form is already very neatly done compared to the one on Bitcoin.tax.

>I make twice that and I'm fucking broke.
who's fucking fault is that dumbass

Trump cuck made a new law where every single transaction is a taxable event.

Conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is just so they can scam their taxes with fake crypto losses.

This is good, you don't want to get any money back, because that means you were giving them a free loan.

Its a way to complicate crypto's so people cant fucking trade without getting fucked in the ass by the government. If you are trading with bot then you are completely Fucked. because there is no way to track all that.

Banks petitioned the dumbass into signing it to kill crypto's.
For fuck sakes Stocks dont even get treated like that.

i make that in the midwest and i have 25k saved after a year and a half

the fuck are you doing whiteboi?

Sounds like you aren't paying enough per paycheck

>make 20K a year
>people making twice as much as you are complaining about being poor

My paycheck adds up to like $2900 every month
$1200 - rent
$100 - internet
$100 - electricity
$200 - car insurance
$500-1000 - food (I don't really cook so that can get a bit expensive sometimes)
$200 - netflix/other online payment shit

The rest usually goes to other random expenses. I'm also a crypto addict which doesn't really help as I try to put a little bit into shitcoins every paycheck. Usually just like $100-200 at most though.

I'd honestly just kill myself if I were you, sorry user. I'm on the verge of offing myself right now tbqh as I just got turned down from a $125k position..

You suck with money. Let some other user spoonfeed you about how to reduce those bills so you can stop being a poorfag

the rent is killing you, get a roommate. but the maybe worse killers on there are the silent killers (food/online expenses). if you do something about the food thats at least 3-6k you can pocket by the end of the year. on a extreme note sometimes i only eat canned food/noodles,etc for a month and that gets me 1-1.5k free.

I agree my rent is shit but I do really love where I live. It's a one bedroom but I would never get a roommate anyway, I like my privacy and independence. I'm really social but can't stand living with anyone.

As for food, I agree. It's difficult because the corporation I work at has awesome restaurants at each location for employees. Pretty much everyone buys lunch there everyday but it adds up like crazy.

Learn to make your fuckin lunch and breakfast

I don't know man, that sounds dangerous. I fucked up easy mac once.

Poverty line in the US is $20K for a family of 4!

You're not a poor, but you're a RETARD!

KYS!

something has to give bruh. if not rent then transportation/food/bills or you have to dramatically increase your income. the easiest thing to do here is your food. i work in a era where everyone eats at the good restaurants nearby and im one of the only ones who doesnt and coincidentally i have the money to do whatever i want and most everyone else is check to check. cut out all eating outside your home for a month and youll see enough money to change your mind

>$500-1000 - food
ho lee shit u retard

If I was the head of a household making a cumulative $20k I'd probably off my family and an hero myself to put an end to that misery.

I'll try it. Ramen-only Lent here I come!