new link pool update
they said they expect the ROI for stakers to be 5% A MONTH
medium.com/linkpool/linkpool-economics-ac8642a75801

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.
chosis.com/main.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

woah

So if I staked 100 link for a year, at the end of it I would have 160 link?

P O N Z I
O
N
Z
I

How do I stake?
Does it get airdropped into my trading account?

>selling an actual product in the form of data
>ponzi because selling something is profitable
Sell now before you get ponzid.

Woweee holy shit boys looks like I am retiring at 25 very comfortably

how much you got?

Wow sure doesn't sound like a complete scam

>Any Link tokens that our nodes generate as reward, 30% will be deducted for our fee and the remaining 70% will be distributed proportionally between the stakers.

I don't know much about this, but isn't 30% too high? Or is it justified?

stop just sitting around and waiting for shit to happen.
join a pnd group and get your gains in between long holds
discord. -geegee- /ke4abPQ

FUCK OFF, DON'T DO THAT SHIT IN A LINK THREAD, LINKS THREAD ARE SACRED, DON'T YOU DARE SHIT ON HERE PAJEET REEEE

>30% fees
kikepool

>Double your stack every 20 months
>Nothing is stopping me doing this and holding with iron hands, indefinitely
>I will one day accumulate all the link in existence.

That is the cost of not having to set up your own node. It will probably be more profitable for you to set up your own node but currently it is not an easy task to do with the tools available. Most people won't have any idea how to do it.

You will likely just rent your link to a node owner rather than set up any of the shit yourself. They will take a cut on top of sergey's 30% but you dont have any of the stress or effort of having to set up a node.

this system doesnt seem solid

This is exactly why the price will rise. Companies will need link to pay for data.

There's not really any competition yet so you can expect the fee to drop as more people start staking pools.

bought link today.

what can i expect meme wise boys

Sergey isn't taking 30%, that's the cut of the LINK node to which you're renting out your LINK.

Please ignore this comment I'm smashed and didnt realise we were talking about the pool.

How is this sustainable? Where do those link tokens come from?

It should be calculated as compound interest I think.
so...
5% of 100 = 5
5% of 105 = 5.25
5% of 110.25...

More people will set up staking pools to compete for those sweet LINKies. Assuming this stops being an ERC20 token anytime soon.

those who consume the data pay for it in cl. assuming this thing gets adoption.

Okay, I don't have much options to be honest, I don't know shit about setting up a node.

im pretty sure its 5% of the fees not your stack

>we want to be able to hit 5% a month on [your initial stake]
I don't think it's compound interest.

Node operators set the price, so this will be undercut in an instant.

It also makes sense for it to be relatively high since later in the article they state that they will take on all penalty fees themselves rather than taking anything from the holders themselves. I was cautious about linkpool until they stated that in this article.

GONNA GO BALLS DEEP ON MY SKYLAKE PENTIUM ONDA MB MINER
INTEL SGX, BABY

MAIN NET WHEN

>5%/mo
>if link goes to 20 dollars i'll have 1 million dollars
>1 million * 0.05 = 50k per month.

I didn't read the article but yeah if they're taking all the penalty fees then 30% seems a lot more fair.

That is probably correct since if the others in the node also hold forever then the percentage of the node you hold always remains constant.

right

And what if they pull a Bitconnect or MtGox on you?

The LINK is in a smart contract so unless you don’t believe and trust a smart contract then you really shouldn’t be investing in LINK

but which oracles will validate their smart contract inputs? and which ones will validate those oracles? and which ones those other ones? when does it end? IT'S AN INFINITE LOOP OF NEEDING ORACLES THIS WILL NEVER WORK

I'd want some solidity audits.
Remember the DAO

So what you are basically saying is that it would be foolish to NOT stake every single LINK you got in your possession?

5%? That is a fucking huge amount. Good buy wage slavery.

>We expect the majority of the penalties by the network will be a result of node downtime and unresponsiveness instead of false data. The way our node infrastructure is being developed for redundancy and reliability, any penalty payments due to node downtime or unresponsiveness should be non-existent, we are confident enough in this respect that all penalty payments will be paid from our own “hot wallet” and would never be the stakers responsibility to pay.

I came across Linkpool yesterday. Couldn't decide if it's a scam or not.

bye*

same

Have you tried?
I got one up and running in

I'm gonna be a little nervous at first too. I will probably start with just 1/5 my stack lol.

During my many mental masturbation sessions fantasizing about Link at X% I would tell myself not to get too excited and the returns would likely be 5% a year.. but 5% a month? Fuck boys I might actually make it with only 12k LINK.

it's not that easy, bucko. it's not like a miner where you just set it and forget it.

There's no way in hell this is legit and not a scam. R-right?

5% a month is fucking savage.

You guys want to know the sole reason Link will moon? There's one important reason no one ever talks about..

If a company is running billion dollar smart contracts with Link as its oracle, they must see that there is a guarantee that their money is safe in this smart contract. If Link is worth only .80, that's not enough to cover the contract price. Link must be worth double digits to insure the quality of the data. Otherwise, it financially makes more sense for node operators to manipulate data in their own best interests. Such as being bought out by one side of the contract.

WIth 5% a month we're going to be fucking retired in a year or two holy shit.

I think it will be "safe" if it gets endorsed by the link team itself?
Before that, I don't think I would throw my links in there.

I don’t think that this is a scam.. but damn this sounds almost too good to be true

>linklets tired of their bleeding shitcoin fall for the worlds most obvious ponzi scheme since bitconnect, more news at 11

1K linklet here. How do I make it?

they all verify each other that's the entire point of decentralisation jfc

believe it. you truly did find life's cheat code. congratulations.

Pretty sure it’s a scam. 5% is way too good to be true. Even people with less than 1k could even make it

buy moar link

Don't have any more fiat to put into it

I used to think Veeky Forums was like just memeing this coin for like some epic troll... same way Veeky Forums made people sniff cyanide and shit but like... this doesn't seem to be a troll, you idiots are actually buying this shit and believe in it lol.

>team not anonymous
>explains how the whole system works
>ROI in bitconnect is 1.5% per day, which is more than 50% a month. This is
I don't think it's a scam, but like I said, I would like to see the CL team opinion about it.

But people think 5% is sure, it's not, read this:
>ChainLink network gaining popularity, combined with an increasing token price, we want to be able to hit 5% a month on your initial stake and believe this is achievable in the future, but initially as the network gains traction returns could be more in the 0.1-1% range (not accounting for token price increases however).

>The economics of the ChainLink network rewards system will likely need some fine tuning and time to mature so this is also something to keep in mind, for better or for worse.

>The amount of reward a user earns will be proportional to their stake on that particular node, so if a user owns 10% of all the Link on a node, they will earn 10% of all the rewards that the node generates after fees.

So 5% is just an estimation of what they think could be achieved if the link network becomes popular.

Hey buddy cheer up i only got 250 linkies. If there's nothing you can do about it it's pointless to stress over it. Just don't fall for the trading meme.

I don't quite get it. Are they claiming to pay out a interest fee for renting your linkies at 5% every month? That shit compounds too right?

I’ll stake it just like I did with my BCC, it’s a gamble you know sometimes you win some times you lose but don’t re invest your interest out that in bitcoin or eth, I’m telling you from experience I lost 30000 in BCC. No I’m not selling my BCC it’s worth 330 fuck that nigga.

same here guys i only have 167 stinkies, but just hold on!

Did anybody read?
>As the main-net is not currently live and it will be an open market, it’s currently impossible for us to derive the ROI this early on or what rewards from the ChainLink network will look like. However as we are confident in the ChainLink network gaining popularity, combined with an increasing token price, we want to be able to hit 5% a month on your initial stake and believe this is achievable in the future

I wouldn't get too exited. They have a vested interest in hyping up the ROI to get more people to sign up to their pool. Honestly this is complete bs at this stage. 5 percent a month is complete end game, years away, massive adoption. Not trying to fud just manage your expectations please.

>mfw I will be filthy fucking rich

mathfags help me out here... So user deposits 10k linklets and recieves 5% (500 linklets) a month... he then sells the linklets for $10 on binance yeilding 5k USD worth of btc/eth? Thats pretty fucking large if accurate

Hopefully eventually we'll make it lads.

I hope this is bait.

Someone explain to me how they could possibly know that you get 5% a month when the mainnet hasn't even been released, there have been no partnerships, and no concrete idea of how much revenue will run through. Their node will only make money if people use it how could they come up with this number lol. I'm as stinky as the next guy but come on this is sketch

reminder this is exactly what Bitconnect did before getting shutdown because paying dividens makes LINK a security. it will be shut down.

buy TRTL turtlecoin instead

TRTLv3gdmg2SQxA3Df8pkKSRWpQnEidudfyY1oE9v4XyZhPgWHpTbeRg4rWaZLni7oJ4xtSn9S7wQa2P61L1nhdiJUu3FszJpFw

Thats what they claim, also don't forget that your initial investment of 10k will rise in value too. It sounds too good to be true, but I'm not sure.

Notice how OP vanished and is laughing at you gullible fucks from afar. You guys are morons, I swear.

You are not FUDing, 5% is so outrageous that re-affirming ourselves that it will be lower increases legitimacy.

how did I vanish? fuck off bub

Read above
To be fairthey explicitly say "we want to be able to hit 5% a month, but at the beginning returns will be around 0.1-1% range".
So it's not that much "hyping". More like realistic, if link reaches the adoption we all think it could achieve.

LINK was just flagged by the New York state investigators for being a securities when they released this. Enjoy holding the next bitconnect you stupid fuck

true, 5% per month compounding is literally impossible and ponzi tier

>Mexican intellectuals

Mate, the accumulation phase is over, stop.
And your fud is 0/10.

Nodes are ez AF

They said that it’s target in future. Not short-term

Do you think your relationship with your wife would be better if you didn't constantly think about fucking every hot girl that walked past you? HODL what is dear and what you get in return will be more than you could possibly imagine.

Fucking cuck

While not endorsed, the link team knows about it and guides people asking about it towards the right people. In this case Hodges points to jonny who is a link pool developer.

Again what are they basing that on? There is no actual data for chain link use yet so they couldn't possibly have evidence

>We want to be able to hit 5% a month on your initial stake and believe this is achievable in the future, but initially as the network gains traction returns could be more in the 0.1-1% range (not accounting for token price increases however). The economics of the ChainLink network rewards system will likely need some fine tuning and time to mature so this is also something to keep in mind, for better or for worse.

Did you guys gloss over the 0.1-1% part? Can't tell if you guys are stupid or just pretending anymore with LINK threads

This

chosis.com/main.php
hey quit your fudding

we make more money with more use of the network. of course at the beginning it'll be small returns. duh

Hi Faggot-san, it won't be the Chainlink team who will be paying these dividends. Have a nice day Faggot-san

5% monthly compound means 10x of your initial investment in 4 years. LOOOL

You gain according to the % of links you have stacked, so if everyone just stacks what they make it's not compound because everyone will keep having the same %.
But it's very variable so...

The thing Is the realization that most stinky linkies myself included won't ever sell a single link. Think about it. There are anons that bought pre-sale or ico and never sold their links and never will. Even if the Roi is 1% monthly or less if the staking nodes prove to be safe we would have passive income for life. Even sub 1k linklet s would be able to escape the wagecuck life. It sounds too good to be true.

wot?