This is it Veeky Forums

I guess the day as come, today is the day I actually post something serious on Veeky Forums.

Let's get straight to the point I am depressed, I have been like this for a few years now and I can't see a way out.
The main reason I got into crypto was money and even though my port is less than 1K, which almost all of you consider a ridiculous amount, I am dedicated to make the most of it .

> Why is this shit posted here?
I wanted to know how many of you are or have been depressed to a point where most things really don't matter anymore and what you did to get out? Specially if money helped somehow.

> How did I reached this state?
For the ones who for some reason are still reading this here is my story. This all started when I was 17 and my all time girlfriend broke up with me, this threw my confidence to the ground which lead me to develop issues with my image ultimately resulting into anorexia after less than a year. This was when thing started to snowball... My weight problem lead everyone at home to the limit, my mother and brothers cried at night and father out of pure desperation decided to hospitalize me. I got out after 3 months worse than ever, I had gained weigh but my mind was broken. I guess being isolated from my family and placed into the middle of complete crazy people who wouldn't sleep so that they could spend the night staring at me while whispering how badly they wanted to hurt me wasn't that much of a help...
Years passed and I got rid of anorexia, but that is all nothing else changed, I am still equally depressed, lost all my social skills, don't have any real friends... for fuck's sake I am writing this shit on my birthday and not a single "friend" has sent me a message or called.

> Conclusion
This is it Veeky Forums I know that some of you have been like this even if under different circumstances and I want your help.
What can I do? What have you done?

Thanks everyone who took time to read this and eventually even answer, and happy gains
Galahad

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CUhHlxbg9Jg
jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/185157?redirect=true
selfauthoring.com/
woomyung.org/blog/2014/03/water-in-a-skull/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>girlfriend

get out

trade altcoins and slowly build up your btc stack, do heavy market analysis and help with the prices by shilling on various media sites. only invest in solid projects that you understand and read the whitepaper

My mom called my doctor and said to him "What's the most accurate measurement for weighing?"
The doctor said "An underwater weighing test"
And just like that, my mom said "Yes. When can my son and my daughter take it?" and the doc said "Today at 2pm."

So I didn't bother taking a shower and so did my sister too, so I had to get into a special swimming suit(tight pants...Ugh).

My sister said "Can I pull my hair down to a ponytail?" The doctor said "No."
So my sister with her long, blonde hair went underwater with 8 seconds and had she must enjoyed it..but I didn't.

Op, I'm currently in the same boat as you. I'm constantly falling back into this state of depression and it feels like I'm going to be just stuck this way for life. I'm not sure of there is a light at the end of the tunnel for people like us but I'm in the crypto game now to have something to look forward too. Don't know if it will make me happy but if I can at least make enough money I can hopefully improve my life.

been a while since i've seen this, wew.

Hey man, recovering fatty here. The things that helped me deal with my depression were/are:

>low carb diet (look up keto and IF/fasting)
>weightlifting (any beginner 5x5 strength program)
>making money on crypto (or any form of success for that matter)

I got into the game around October, put in 6k, now I'm up to 24k. Could be a lot better, but could be worse too. This is by no means life-changing money, but it's a year's worth of salary in my Eastern Euro shithole.

One of the many current models on depression treats it as a sort of chronic inflammation of the brain. In my experience, this is correct. You want to lead a lifestyle that minimizes inflammatory response in your body. This is where low carb/fasting and keeping your insulin levels low comes to play. Also try to fix your sleep schedule, it matters a lot. Take supplements (multivit, vitamin D, zinc). I've experimented with cold showers, there is no scientific evidence backing them up, but they've helped me some. Also be sure to get your omega 3 fatty acids.

TL;DR: seek out success (any form), fix your sleeping habits, lift weights, go low carb/look up fasting or IF, take cold showers (just try them), take your vitamin D and zinc and multivit.
Godspeed you glorious winged faggot, we are all gonna make it.

youtube.com/watch?v=CUhHlxbg9Jg

happy birthday OP! things get better, just keep going. Just be yourself, you'll find friends and a girl that will love you exactly for that. You will be okay!

Depression is mental. All you have to do is enjoy yourself. And this might sound harsh but get the fuck over it. You got dumped it happens find another one and another one. Don't ever let a woman control your emotions. Heres a fucking wake up call my own sister broke up with her boyfriend I asked her why. Wanna know what she said? She said because i got bored of him. You don't need friends but it's good to have them around even if the friendship feels fake it's always good to have interactions.

spent 6 months in mental institute and had similar experience. want to die most days. exercise helps, trying to find a hobby you enjoy helps, crypto is a good hobby cause youll get rich too. pay a good therapist when your rich

Health and excercise would change your world OP. But how bad do you want to change?

Also, if you can, try out magic shrooms. Psylocibin has low toxicity and does not lead to physical dependence. The chemical itself is structurally similar to serotonin, which is THE neurotransmitter in charge of the good and fuzzy feelings in your brain. Basically doing shrooms as a depressed person is like marinating your brain on the very chemical it's deficient of. I've done them twice, took a really small dose both times. The high itself is a warm, mellow bodily high, with some profound feelings of purpose, belonging, etc. Many link the ingestion of shrooms to a religious experience.

Of course the high passes after a few hours, but for me it gave a new perspective which wasn't life changing, but helpful. I basically realized that many of my problems were non-issues and made up by me. If felt at ease, I felt that things are more or less okay in my life, and I laughed so hard at my own stupidity I shed tears.
So yeah, nice experience, helps give you a new perspective compared to your usual depressed state of mind.

>inb4 some underage moron calls me a hippie/drugie

My depression is where i live (RU), If i won't manage to get some serious money and leave it, my life will always be a depressive mess. I am very certain of it, life is hell, i should have been dead long ago in fact.

Lastly, take it from an old faggot pushing 30, women ain't fucking shit. You will get your dick wet as long as you have your shit together.
Also, happy birthday man!

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences and taking time to advise me, there is some really good things in here!
For those who stick around long enough I will post an update someday.

Happy life and great gains everyone!

cool story bro

Happy birthday op you got this

Most people have been depressed to varying degrees in their life and most get better. I used to be suicidal now i actually quite like my life.
No one here or anywhere else can give you any useful advice, it's all up to you kiddo.
Now post a coin or fuck off to r9k

We're all going to make it faggot.

What are you doing with your life?
You need to find goals and objectives.
You need to find faith in yourself and develop the courage to go to others.
Open yourself up to others.

To be honest, I think depression is a normal part of being self aware in the 21st century. Our world is shit. Our parent's generation sold us out. We're heading toward a brick wall at full speed with no brakes. The only way to be happy is to ignore it all and live life as a blissful idiot, which is not something I can do.

I have learned to distract myself by mastering my field (devops). People don't like me because I'm very young and already far more qualified than them. They feel threatened, which I get. But I don't really give a shit. I ignore the people part and just focus on becoming better and better. It passes the time, and my paycheck goes way up year to year.

Worst case, I stay distracted until I finally die. Best case, I get to escape these chains and do something meaningful with my life.

Look up ayahuasca. This will help you

Happy birthday user!

-Depression is REAL, get on MEDS if you need. It's straight up a chemical imbalance that needs treatment.
-Seek self improvement (physical or mental): work out, learn a language, do good in school/work, clean your house/room, pick up a hobby, challenge yourself, improve social efforts etc.
- Crypto is great but money does not fix SHIT. Sure, it beats wagecucking but the sooner you learn this, the better it is. It does not cure depression and it does not guarantee happiness.
- Family first if not build long lasting friendships. Nobody makes it alone and no one is alone. They choose to be. Don't be this.
- There are a TON of chicks. Like billions. Literally every single person has gone through a heartbreak but look at it as an opportunity to meet new and interesting women. But no preassure, let it happen organically, but it starts with how you feel about yourself.
- Jesus (no jokes, this is actually the answer but no one ever gives it a chance)

>-Depression is REAL, get on MEDS if you need. It's straight up a chemical imbalance that needs treatment.

Personally I think this is bullshit. I've been depressed since I was 9, and I've tried everything. Meds always made it far worse. The only time I got locked up, it was due to a psychotic break from SNRIs.

The only thing that made me happy is living by my own hands and keeping a girl safe in the wilderness. That's how I know that depression is a phenomenon of modern society. We're hunter gatherers. We belong on the savanna.

Since we can't go back, it's best to learn to ignore the depression. There's nothing wrong with you. This is just life now.

This.

absolutely fantastic advice, I literally couldn't sum up non-medical advice for a sad person better than this, seriously. I'd also reccommend casually traveling somewhere but seriously this is all great advice

>anorexia
WTF even depressed traps having gf.
How the fuck I am single with 5 digit profit on crypto? Fuck this universe.

shit i had anorexia at 15-17, shit fucked up my hormones and mind for a while after. awful disease, and serious congrats for getting through that.
I dropped out of college twice and go through depressive episodes sometimes. I feel i can relate to you OP.

all I can recommend is
>excercise
>getting outside often
>get a normal sleep cycle
>eat healthy and varied food, and try to enjoy it
>if you haven't had therapy + SSRIs or other treatments try them if can. this was huge for me.
>get independent (wherever possible)
>search for a passion (mine went from vidya --> gym --> business, you can find a more 'productive passion each time and know you can conquer it like you did before)
>get existentialist and read literature (i.e. camus) to build confidence and stop caring about anything that you shouldn't. developing a logical personality will help counter unwanted and unfair negative feelings
>recognize the good things. You've already overcome more shit than a lot of other people will have to face ever.
happy birthday faggot in a few years time everything can and will be different, good luck to you

Dude improving yourself is one of the best ways to reveal how jealous and petty people can be, it's actually very upsetting and stressful sometimes. Shit can drive you crazy when you feel like spite is the main thing beginning to motivate you

For someone suicidal I'd say this might be pretty bad advice if you're convincing them to not get professional help but there is a kernel of wisdom and it's that we might not be evolving fast enough for the type of environment we're creating as a species

>galahad

Blame and kill ur parents.

From the bottom of my heart user, I wish you a happy birthday and success in your future endeavours

probably because you're a horrible person. not saying you are, but if you've got looks and money and they aren't getting you anywhere, take a look at your personality and see if maybe you're just really entitled and offputting

Figuring it out myself.
Happy birthday user. One day at time.

Wise words

If ur under 30, ull def make it.

>be me
>30
>80k
>top 15 mba program
.>completely resolute on killing myself

Jesus is just forced self delusionment

Well i guess thats why it works. But might as well be a brony or have a 2d waifu. Cheaper that way

>Personally I think this is bullshit
Yeah, you're sick in the head, so whatever you think does not matter.
Meds do work most of the time, thats what all research say.

Your parents are shitty people.

Don't blame yourself for their failures.

No one is going to help you user. Literally you are the only one that will change your life. But you have to want it. And that's something only you can make happen.

You can either live the rest of your miserable life wallowing in self-pity until you inevitably kill yourself, or you can accept that you were dealt a shitty fucking hand by life and work towards changing it.

Both paths will be difficult and filled with suffering and pain along the way, but only the latter will give you any chance at a life of purpose and happiness.

I feel for you man.

Happy birthday big boy.
Build your legacy, future and a new user during this new year. Stay sharp and focus bro.

Nevermind the haters -- I think you're on to something.

>girlfriend
kys

Sounds shitty user, good luck with that

>be me
>24
>never worked
>never will work
>from iran
>poor as shit

yea

This guy knows.

jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/185157?redirect=true

There isn't even a statistically significant difference between antidepressants and placebos. At the very extreme end of the depression spectrum, there is a minor statistical difference. That's it.

Antidepressants are not going to help you. For me, they took me from apathetic and low key suicidal to psychotic and actively suicidal.

Dont give up.

Even if this shit is a bubble. Even if all sorts of anons troll you.

You're going to be okay if you fight.

Just, don't be a fucking idiot. Fight.

Dig yourself out.

You don't have to work hard. You need to fight.

one thousand dollars is a lot of money for almost every human being on earth with an exception in countries with a concentration of assholes like me with more than others. Your 1000 usd in a country like India can change a life.

Fuck off. Fight.

I'm not saying everybody on here is with you user, but I am saying we don't have to be.

you fucking pussy, all there is that you need is your rational self interest. read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand you fucking faggot, it's the only cure you need

mental illness is fake btw, the great ancient greeks and romans who build western civilization didn't bitch and moan about any pussy depression or anxiety. MAGA!

33 y/o here. Suicidal all through my teen and into my 20s. Lost friends to suicide, went years with no close friends.
Amazingly, my life is good now. Something happens in your 30s user. The brain matures and it becomes much, much easier to feel happy and appreciate little day-to-day things. Social anxiety gets less severe, paranoia over rejection and judgment starts to evaporate, and just sitting around petting a dog can feel like the Good Life all by itself.
I'm trying to say: life really does get better when you get older. Wait and see for yourself-- you'll be glad you did.

Unironically neck yourself. It will be a net win for all involved parties.

I agree with this mentality. ^^^

You can kill yourself. i have no problem with you killing yourself.

OP you're ok. But this fucker can khs.

Never mind meant to reply to other user

Remember that your stories and opinions about your life are just that - stories and opinions.

If you didn't have those stories or opinions, your life would probably be a whole lot better.

You could let go and let life do it's thing. The process of life is tied into something our minds can't conceive. If we get trapped in our minds we can't experience the bigger picture. You've gotta trust yourself.

Things will be difficult and unpleasant. Probably for a while. Just remember though, you can always pause and step out of a situation. Just listen to the silence of the moment. Feel your body and let the feelings happen.Try to see how pain pushes us in the right direction if we just listen to it and allow ourselves to move through it. We're built to heal. You have a lot of resources around you, just let yourself learn how to use them. You'll turn out fine.

I was in your state for a while from 16-22. Eventually my parents gave up on me. I stopped going to work. I stopped going to school. My life was Veeky Forums (r9k and pol) . Didn't leave my house for 6 months. and ended up homeless after thinking money could solve my issues. Everyday I became more depressed and cynical. Hated all females. Hated anyone who looked Jewish. Hated anyone who looked like a nu-male. Hated anyone who was a >degenerate and blamed society's problems on them.

Anyways I went homeless. You learn a lot from being able to die from lying on the street, but your body forcing you not to. Not going to go into too much detail, but I spend a lot of days at the library, on Veeky Forums, and trying to find anyone online.

I met some messed up fucks, and moved around and couch surfed. Almost got murdered twice.
Was so depressed I was okay with being literally anally raped for a place to sleep and browse Veeky Forums.

Eventually, I realized I should just die. Somehow, my brain turned that into
>nothing matters, so just do what you want an "" "b urself :^)"""

I stopped caring about degenerates, women, whatever. I was living live like I wanted for once. I stopped going on Veeky Forums

I didn't know what to do still. The only other thing I knew was school. I went to school. Applied for loans. Got a lot because I was disowned.

All my energy went from Veeky Forums into school. No matter what subject I picked, I put all my effort into it. My reasoning was
>if I try super hard at this meaningless life, and I can't be the best, what's the point

I picked up a gun at one point. Whenever I felt hopeless from school or work, I would put it in my mouth. I could never pull the trigger.

I kept trying hard. I did really really well. I got a job I liked. I realized fulfillment was from doing difficult things, and not being afraid to fail.

Cont.

I’m not sure what to say, but I want you to know I care.

Remember none of this is your fault, and tough experiences give you a unique opportunity to become stronger than other people. Leverage your painful experience into strength.

Happy birthday user.

Remember none of this is your fault, and tough experiences give you a unique opportunity to become stronger than other people. Leverage your painful experience into strength.

And do something you love for your birthday, even if that's eating junkfood and watching cartoons EMBRACE IT. Happy birthday!

Cont.

I just live day to day now. I graduated at 24 with a CS degree. I work at a mid tier tech unicorn. I make more than enough to live in a luxury apartment and buy most things I want. I have people I'm friendly with, but I mostly do things to make myself happy now.

Money won't make you happy. But I will say that it's hard to be happy without money. But happiness comes from finding fulfillment, with whatever that is.

I'm not saying to do what I do, or to think how I think. Maybe your fulfillment comes from some trade. Maybe from hating news. Maybe being an sjw. I don't know.

But getting yourself to the point where the only way you can keep living is trying, that's where you know what really matters.

Good luck user.

user, I'm not someone who should really be dispensing advice. I have my own host of shortcomings and faults, my being slightly overweight has damaged my self confidence for years and had far reaching consequences. However, I am older now and I can tell you the things I've discovered that help me combat my depression.

>Get Veeky Forums
This one seems obvious and it's way easier said than done. Fuck as I write this I'm eating skittles and haven't lifted in a week like a lazy piece of shit. However, I know for a fact my mood improves as does my confidence when I go lift. It doesn't have to be a lot of weight, but lifting is one of the few activities where it is easy to see and measure progress.

>Eat right
Don't put poison into your body (says the guy eating skittles). Eating low quality food deprives you of vitamins and other essential fats and minerals that help keep you fit and sane.

>Develop a routine
This is perhaps the hardest thing for me, I have ADHD (I still think it's kind of a bogus condition but whatever) and a faulty short term memory so this is the one I struggle with the most. But having some sort of consistency, a rhythm to your life allows you to bypass the mental busywork of figuring out each day and allows you to focus on a broader picture.

>Set goals for yourself
I for my part have always wanted to work in game development. I've been working on indie projects and games for six years now and still have yet to ship a title. Only now after three years is our current game looking like it's actually going to reach steam by Spring. However, having this goal at the core of my actions has helped to guide me, to direct my efforts. It helped me measure what was and was not worth my time.

>Substitute addictions
I spent way too much time gaming for the longest time. The only way I was really able to stop was to switch out that obsession with an obsession for the gym and crypto.

Happy birthday OP.

You'll always have a friend here user.

i'm a jew and you and I have pretty much everything in common. Sad to think you might still hate me cos of my dear lost foreskin and noble Moses blood

Wew lad this brings me back.

Huh? Did you read what I posted? I don't hate jews.

I rarely hate anyone nowadays. The people that annoy me are people who think that life should be lived a certain way AND try to force that on people.

You do you. Honestly, you'd probably hate me.

nice just bought 100k

In that case you're welcome at my seder table. Unless I hate you, in which case a simple nod of mutual recognition-of-shared-hardship will suffice

Happy birthday user, I know things may seem bad man but you need to keep goin and realize your mind is truly a powerful thing and if you truly truly want something you will strive and achieve it, whatever it is. Don't give up and stay strong

Kek

I see a lot of FUD going on here think I'm going to dump these bags.
You keep hodl though op

this guy get it, all his advices are gold, especially the Veeky Forums + shroom microdosing.

selfauthoring.com/

Heres a neat course, actually its 4 courses for 30 bucks. Its by Jordan Peterson and some other psychologists. I've done about half of it so far and found it ....interesting? Check out the Joe Rogan Interview on the website.

Brain food: Eat Omega 3, about two-four grams of the DHA/BPA stuff.

If you're going to try magic mushrooms, be very careful! Psychedelics can be a lot to handle if you aren't emotionally/mentally stable at the time. That being said, look up micro-dosing!

My wife takes wellbutrin....I've had friends check themselves out of this "life" thing..... and it isnt fun. Dont think that only "weak" people take meds for depression. Thats just stupid. A lot of people need help to get them to a place where they dont need the meds anymore, if done right they can just be a stepping stone. I've struggled with addictions for a bunch of years, but have thankfully come out the other side. You can kick anything, or do anything, you put your mind to, it just takes some patience. :)

Happy birththday mofo! You got this!

>be young, edgy
>grill no more
>spent a week over new years long ago in a mental hospital

>get out
>swed420blaisepascalfaggot
>graduate to psys
>start to open up

>new grill
>new grill no more
>get depressed again
>get into opiates, still 420blazeit
>do heroic mixtures
>get very sick
>bulimic
>turns into anorexic / body dysmorphia

>cold turkey
>slowly ween off weed
>sober
>start getting active going on hikes, reading, get jobs

>new grill
>no more grill
>don't care
>read biz, wage cuck doing jobs I enjoy but still wage cucking
>trade crypto for fun
>do not concern myself with grills
>only friends are oldfags that text in a group chat rarely
>closer friends with coworkers
>don't hang out with anyone on purpose or outside of work anymore
>holding small bags
>patient
>comfy

Also went into something similar to depression, barely had any appetite to eat. Eventually had no will no do anything so I had to resign from my job before I got fired, almost got fired as well as I was not finishing any of my tasks.

Ended up living with my parents, watching twitch and surfing reddit all day.

Somehow lucked into an amazing online marketing niche, managed to save up a small amount. All I do is run a script that does it for me automatically anyway, and I pay people online to do any of the manual work left for me, so I still dick around all day.

Learned about crypto, was convinced it was the next big thing, invested like 25% of my money in bitcoin (plus a bit of ETH).

Bitcoin went from $900 up to $16000, but even with the current price, I am now hopefully set for life. I have so much more of my net worth in crypto now than I have in the bank (not intentionally).

Still depressed, still can't focus long enough to be functional in a real job.

Learned about weed. Now I just blaze to be temporarily happy. Don't even have appetite to eat anything without being stoned. Not even a permanent fix, just a temporary band-aid until the high wears off.

> how many of you are or have been depressed to a point where most things really don't matter anymore and what you did to get out? Specially if money helped somehow.

I don't feel like it. But at least I have no worries now. IDGAF about anything anymore, even when I have sexual needs I can just go to asian massage parlors and pick the girl with the biggest tits.

Normie, you are pathetic, just leave

woomyung.org/blog/2014/03/water-in-a-skull/