Ripple is coming to Coinbase, guaranteed. Why? Because this:

Ripple is coming to Coinbase, guaranteed. Why? Because this:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-24/coinsquare-crypto-exchange-eyes-120-million-ipo-in-canada

Quote:

>“The United States and the U.K. market are next,” Coinsquare Chief Executive Officer Cole Diamond said in an interview Tuesday, adding he expects to be operating in those markets in the second quarter. “We believe that we will be a strong competitor to Coinbase and other exchanges in the U.S. by the end of the year.”
"The Toronto-based crypto exchange also plans to offer Ripple, one of 2017’s best-performing cryptocurrencies, starting in February..."

inb4 "hurr durr it doesn't meet the guidelines" that they explicitly state they are free to ignore.

XRP has billions of dollars in volume every day. If Coinbase doesn't add XRP before Coinsquare enters the US market in Q2 they will lose substantial market share and eventually be overtaken. Unless Coinbase is run by literal retards they are not going let their competition one up them.

This is Business 101. You will see Ripple on Coinbase in the next 2 months. Mark my words.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NhieGgf219Y
livebitcoinnews.com/ripple-network-transaction-throughput-matches-visas/
ripple.com/insights/ripple-continues-to-bring-internet-of-value-to-life-new-features-increase-transaction-throughput-to-same-level-as-visa/
ripple.com/build/payment-channels-tutorial/
viuly.io/r/K4443825a6ab97ad
cdn.ripple.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/paychan-flow1.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

and this

no one cares about coinbase anymore lol, this isnt 2017

eth, btc, bcash, ltc all shit

Its coming in a matter of weeks. Alot of other coins too this year.

>11.9 million users
>nobody cares

Pick one.

fucking fidget spinners

Too bad, so sad. Ripple is going to win.

>If I keep repeating it, it's bound to come true!
The Thread.

Ripple 101
----------

-The supply is fixed. There's no inflation.

-The current transaction cost for a standard transaction is just 0.00001 XRP.

-The transaction cost is not paid to any party: the XRP is irrevocably destroyed.

-Ripple consistently handles 1,500 transactions per second, 24x7, and can scale to handle the same throughput as Visa.

-Ripple Labs share is locked in 55 batches, only one batch can be unlocked per month. It would take them 5 years to unlock them all. This makes their incentives 100% aligned with XRP holders. Ripple Labs is always working on creating new partnerships (e.g., Amex, Santander, ..) and expanding XRP's marketshare (e.g., MoneyGram, Cuallix, IDT, MercuryFX, ..etc)

-Unlike Bitcoin, Ripple doesn't use proof-of-work anywhere. PoW requires inflation and/or outrageous fees. Bitcoin requires $18M of net new $ flowing in to maintain the price.

-Ripple is more decentralized than Bitcoin. With Bitcoin, you have no choice but to trust whoever purchased the most hashing power (currently it's a chinese company called Bitmain). With Ripple, you can run your own validator and choose a validators list. 10s of non related reputable public and private entities around the world are currently running validators (e.g., MIT, Microsoft, ..etc), many more keep joining.

-Unlike Bitcoin, double spending is not possible with Ripple. Bitmain can rollback bitcoin's chain and bankrupt the ecosystem.

-The software is open-source (Stellar was a fork of Ripple).

It's a shitcoin. It's the Millhouse of alt coins. It's not even a crypto currency. Enjoy that ridiculously high market cap for only a fucking $1 HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA ahhhhh ahahahahahahahaha

Ripple is fucking dead.
youtube.com/watch?v=NhieGgf219Y

>Doesn't understand business in the slightest
The Post.

Unless of course you actually believe Coinbase is going to sit on it's hands while a competitor comes in and starts kicking their ass all over the place?

This coin pumped 800% in a month. Why do people on Veeky Forums pretend it's legitimate?

>muh market cap
You tards will never learn.

Keep telling yourself that.

Because it actually HAS a use case as opposed to 99% of the bullshit that's out there?

Ripple would be great but Ripple labs owns 90% of the supply.
Another centralized scamcoin.
1500 is a lot better than btc, but it's still not the 8k tps average, 64k tps peak visa deals with

If Ripple were to become a world currency, the owner of ripple labs would be 100 times richer than the 2nd richest person in the world. and he'd be able to manipulate the world's currency markets to whatever he liked.

>only usable coin
>currently used by 5 financial institutions, more in the pipeline
>will be used easily through a browser API that will be available in all major browsers (pic related)
>"dead"

I can feel your terror. Your speculative bags will be useless soon.

Utility > speculation.

I genuinely feel sorry for this guy. He's so obviously desperate

>Ripple would be great but Ripple labs owns 90% of the supply.

no, pajeet. less than 60%, and it keeps them incentivized, and buyers can't dump on the market.

"Ripple Labs share is locked in 55 batches, only one batch can be unlocked per month. It would take them 5 years to unlock them all. This makes their incentives 100% aligned with XRP holders. Ripple Labs is always working on creating new partnerships (e.g., Amex, Santander, ..) and expanding XRP's marketshare (e.g., MoneyGram, Cuallix, IDT, MercuryFX, ..etc)"

Let's see what happens when developers don't own coins, or don't have their coins locked:

Ether: Vitalik is threatening to leave.

Litecoin: Charlie dumped on the noobs and said he will leave soon.

Bitcoin: Core devs refused to increase the blocksize even temporarily, and as a result, bitcoin is dying, the fees skyrocketed, the price crashed, more merchants are dropping it and no one is using it for payments anymore

incentives matter the most. Ripple Labs is working full time to pump my bags.

>Desperate

Debate these fundamentals, cockmongrel. Go on. Do it.

coinbase rumor is already priced in

nope, most people are retarded like and couldn't understand that coinbase was just covering its ass with that statement from inside trading accusations.

This. Had it not been for the BCH fisaco it'd probably be there already.

Holy shit the level of delusion is off the scale. I hope you didn't go all-in, user.

oooh, the Ripple world government only owns 60% of the supply, and only 5 years from now!
nothing I have to worry about, for sure.
Ether would be fine without vitalik, a currency can't rely on one person forever.
>ltc
>btc

XRP haters always the same. Can't debunk the fundamentals so they just spew ad-hominem and REEEEEEEEEEEEE about "centralized shitcoin".

That 60% is locked in smart contract escrow. Why do you dumbasses INCESSANTLY ignore this?

Jesus Christ you praise Ethereum yet bitch about a crypto that has actually put Ethereum's whole premise into practice. Are you SERIOUSLY this retarded?

who cares if its locked in escrow for a few years?
If I printed myself 1 trillion dollars, I wouldn't have any problem with locking 800 billion of it away for a few years.
It does not matter one fucking bit if it is locked up.

They didn't print dollars you fucking idiot. They printed a digital asset with is worth billion 5 years later BECAUSE THAT IS THE PRICE THE FREE MARKET DICTATES.

Same

again, pajeet,

This makes XRP more attractive. They sell to institutional buyers each month, and these buyers can't dump by technical and legal constrains.

In almost all other coins, founders and early adopters and miners hoard most of the supply and refuse to sell. They create uncertainty and fear for institutions and investors. Most of current bitcoin supply (about 80%) didn't move since 2015.

The profits keep Ripple Labs incentivized to improve the tech and expand XRP's market share.

Coinbase has specs of what coins they will add. XRP doesnt qualify.

nope, right at the end of the guidelines they say they can ignore them if they want, and Ripple is more decentralized than all coins, even Bitcoin

it's actually more decentralized than bitcoin

.Bitcoin
-One company has more than 50% of the hashpower (Bitmain)
-One oppressive country has more than 50% of hashpower (China)
-One company has a monopoly on creating efficient ASIC Bitcoin miners thanks to patents (Bitmain)
-One company can rollback the chain and bankrupt the entire ecosystem (Bitmain)

Ripple
-10s of validators run by reputable non-related public and private entities in different countries (e.g., Microsoft, MIT, CGI, WorldLink, Telindus-Proximus Group, Bahnhof, ...)
-double spending not possible (the chain can't be rolled back)
-Consesus requires a supermajority of 80%
-Anyone can run a validator and use his own list of validators

Oh please. I bought Ripple on April 6th, 2017 at 3.2 cents. Even with the current dip I am 42x my money. Tell me more about how desperate I am.

just like it makes Dash more attractive?
most of bitcoins early adopters sold at $10. those that held until today forgot they owned it. But we're talking about shrimps that had a whole 0.01% of the supply, not 60%
and they apparently don't create enough fear because bitcoin launched to $20k.

every coin has an incentive to prove, so who gives a fuck?

Clearly didn't read the post. Their guidelines EXPLICITLY STATE they are free to ignore them at their own discretion.

So tell me again why Coinbase would let a competitor one-up them unless they are complete fucking idiots?

Normie

>just like it makes Dash more attractive?

The pajeet is still at it. There's no comparison. Dash lies about their share, there's no time escrow, there'e no transparent reports about monthly sales, they sell directly on exchanges.....etc

>every coin has an incentive to prove, so who gives a fuck?

no, pajeet, read again:
Ether: Vitalik is threatening to leave.

Litecoin: Charlie dumped on the noobs and said he will leave soon.

Bitcoin: Core devs refused to increase the blocksize even temporarily, and as a result, bitcoin is dying, the fees skyrocketed, the price crashed, more merchants are dropping it and no one is using it for payments anymore

what do they have in common? their share is not locked/they don't have any

. CEOs of many companies are obliged to keep a minimum number of shares, ever wonder why, dumb pajeet?

Zero argument.

Unless ripple has some tech to make them scale to 50k tps in the works, I don't give a single fuck.

I already read your argument, and it's bad, so I ignored, it. Nothing matters but the tech.
Even without vitalik, plasma and raiden will continue, he's not the only one on the project.
i don't care about Btc and ltc because it's like arguing about how guns and steel are better than wooden spears. apparently you don't understand that.

having a 10% stake is much different than having a 60%+ stake

It's like having a 51% attack built directly into the system and saying "don't worry about that"

>Unless ripple has some tech to make them scale to 50k tps in the works

Well whattya know, they do. Thanks for playing.

no, they don't

>Cole (((Diamond)))

How is it that we live in an age where the sum of all human knowledge can be available in the palm of your hand and people like you can be so willfully fucking ignorant.

YES. THEY DO.

livebitcoinnews.com/ripple-network-transaction-throughput-matches-visas/

closed source "test" from your mom's blog doesn't count.

>Even without vitalik, plasma and raiden will continue, he's not the only one on the project.

So delusional. If vitalik leaves or dies, ETH will fall below $20. He had to post a proof of life to save the price after the death rumor.

A founder and a core developer of this shitcoin said more than once Ethereum is not safe nor scalabe. Do you know more than him, pajeet?

>Unless ripple has some tech to make them scale to 50k tps in the works,

"Ripple consistently handles 1,500 transactions per second, 24x7, and can scale to handle the same throughput as Visa"

It has payment channels (can handle tens of thousands of transactions per second)

>It's like having a 51% attack built directly into the system and saying "don't worry about that"

lol what are you even talking about? you clearly have no idea how Ripple's consensus works. Just a retarded pajeet throwing shit around.

double spending is not possible in Ripple.

a 21% attack would temporarily prevent the network from processing new transactions. People would simply remove the bad actors from their lists. No hardforking necessary. No one goes bankrupt.

Sybil attack is not possible either. Each entity is identified by a public key, doesn't matter if they run 1 node or 1000 nodes.

>you: "they better have something in the works that scales higher"
>me: posts evidence that this has been going on for at least a year
>you: "THAT DOESN'T COUNT!"

The absolute state of XRP haters.

I bet you said XRP could never reach a dollar too. Nay, I GUARANTEE you did.

>premined
>centralized
lolno. it's fiatcoin.

Pajeet the ether on suicide watch. Thanks to you, I'll post this on every thread about Ethereum.

All of the ripple being traded is just Wall Street boys shuffling money around to make it seem like it's actually being traded in high volume to cook the books but you didn't hear that from me

Have you looked at the top 100 lately or are you just parroting biz retardation?

Go have a peak. Then scroll down and review what all those asterisks mean, dumbass.

*the ethereum shill

improved version

looks like pajeet vanished

the only source of their "60k" throughput is a fucking tweet.
gonna need more proof than that when they're currently achieving 1.5k

Or am I an idiot for wanting proof of a claimed 40x improvement?
How does it work? They don't even give a single clue to it. Lightning? who knows?
so are payment channels lightning network? because lightning is a centralized protocol. It simply doesn't work in a decentralized way.

>you clearly have no idea how Ripple's consensus works
and you clearly have no idea how market manipulation works. If I control 60% of a supply, I can make the price whatever I want it to be. If I control the world's currency supply, I can write all of the laws of the governments.

i didn't say anything about a sybil attack. Stop setting up strawmen

ok so now you're attacking ETH like I give a fuck. I'm just saying out of all the coins you mentioned, ETH has the best roadmap.

I hold no ether.
I hold no crypto anymore, I'm fully cashed out. None of the projects can scale in a decentralized way, and I'm no longer interested.

>To solve this issue, Ripple built their own Payment Channel specifically designed for XRP, the digital asset native to XRP Ledger. An XRP Payment Channel allows transaction throughput to increase to tens of thousands of transactions per second, bringing our scalability to the same level as Visa.

ripple.com/insights/ripple-continues-to-bring-internet-of-value-to-life-new-features-increase-transaction-throughput-to-same-level-as-visa/

I don't know why I'm bothering to engage you any further. I'm sure this "won't count" either.

pajeet, you are clearly technically illiterate.

>so are payment channels lightning network?

no, it's not
ripple.com/build/payment-channels-tutorial/

>If I control 60% of a supply, I can make the price whatever I want it to be

you can only tank it. their incentives is to pump the price. this is their main source of revenue.

again, pajeet:

"Ripple Labs share is locked in 55 batches, only one batch can be unlocked per month. It would take them 5 years to unlock them all. This makes their incentives 100% aligned with XRP holders. Ripple Labs is always working on creating new partnerships (e.g., Amex, Santander, ..) and expanding XRP's marketshare (e.g., MoneyGram, Cuallix, IDT, MercuryFX, ..etc)"
>ok so now you're attacking ETH like I give a fuck.

you were shilling it minutes ago thinking it's superior

>I hold no ether.
too late for apology. This pic will be posted into every ether thread.

you think a random blog linking to a tweet is a good source? god damn. that link is what I was asking for.
you guys are the most toxic shills I've seen, even on biz
i don't care anymore, enjoy your centralized scamcoin

>shits all over the thread
>you guys are toxic

we need flags to filter pajeets like you.

>Ripple's website is a random blog

Holy shit you are fucking beyond dense.

they don't want to learn new information or accept simple facts

they feel so threatened by XRP yet they refuse to buy even when it dips

haven't seen this phenomena with any other coin.

It literally boggles my mind, user. The willful ignorance is utterly astounding.

I blame /pol/ for this influx of low IQ emotional traders.

are all ripple holders illiterate? It's starting to look like it.
"livebitcoinnews" is not ripples website
apparently you can't even read the sites you post. Ripple payment channels operate exactly like bitcoins lightning network.
but at least with ripple it might work since the cost of opening and closing channels is negligible.

now while you two circlejerk, I actually like the tech, but I will not buy any coin where 1 person or group owns 60% of the supply. That's fucking retarded.

Yeah, yeah, now take a second to register.

viuly.io/r/K4443825a6ab97ad

Livebitcoinnews.com is a news aggregator your dipshit. They sourced the info from Ripple.

Good Lord....

dumb illiterate nigger just won't give up

> Ripple payment channels operate exactly like bitcoins lightning network

lightning is a complex network of payment channels. payment channels exist without lightning.

this is like saying computers and the internet are the same thing. holy fuck you are dense.

google "lightning network" you fucking nigger

>, but I will not buy any coin where 1 person or group owns 60% of the supply.

good. Would hate to see you get richer. Go buy some coin that will be dumped by the developer while I'll be comfy as Ripple Labs work 24/7 to pump my bags.

yeah... and their source was a tweet from ripple with no additional info

cdn.ripple.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/paychan-flow1.png

Look at this chart. This is lightning, exactly.
The blue parts are on chain transactions.

bitcoins lightning doesn't require a complex network, just like ripple's doesn't. it's just off chain balances.

so why do people actually buy this jew piece of shit? do they not notice that the toekn is useless? sure its great for ripple labs , but thats not you, also there is a much larger supply than what is currently circulating. anyone that is getting this coin loves the jews

can't tell if you are a troll or legitimately retarded at this point. you can't tell the difference between payment channels and lightning even though it has been explained to you.

I'm done with you. Please be retarded somewhere else, also consider suicide.

i actually think there's a market opportunity here.
Just as stellar made a fork of ripple, anyone could fork stellar, and fuck off with the 10000000 tokens in the owners wallet. a more fair distribution would be quite attractive. the foundation doesn't need to control 90% of the supply

Banks aren't interested in holding XRP for long time because who wants to just enrichen ripple labs?
I'm 100% convinced you have no idea how lightning works. lightning is just payment channels, that can connect to each other.
ripple's payment channels are exactly the same. you open the channel with an on chain transaction. you can do any number of off chain balance changes.

with ripple however, you can create 1000's of channels for the price of creating one channel on bitcoin, so there's no need to build a topology like bitcoin is planning.

the only guaranteed thing is that OP bought the top and is now a bagholder LOL

now you are repeating me

as I said, be retarded somewhere else.

wrong. how about you try actually reading shit sometime, not just looking at pictures.

>useless

It saves 60% on international remittance costs you dope.

Wrong. Happily up 40x. Nice try though.

>ripple's development pictures are incorrect
OKAY

the IQ of ripple bagholders

My response was to YOUR response to ME, idiot. Not this guy.

Is this your first day on Veeky Forums, you ignorant twat?