BitMEX Continuation Thread >>6935600

Sorry I had a work meeting so I disappeared for a bit but I'm back to answer your questions. If you decide to sign up don't forget to use my reference code as it gives us both a good bonus: bitmex.com/register/SVU1C1
Okay so to answer some questions.
No, BitMEX is the most liquid Bitcoin trading exchange by far. 1 Billion+ is traded there every day, often times more.
Use BB and Fisher Transform with 15 minute candles. Ichimoku Cloud as a confirmation works pretty well too. Format it to 30 60 120 60. It sometimes is way off so it isn't that useful. I just use higher leverage when all 3 indicators are saying the same thing.
Yes, burgers can and do use BitMEX but you have to sign up with a proxy. After that you can log in with a US IP address. They just want to be able to say see we tried to prevent them from trading with us when the IRS tries to mess with them.

I may have missed some, I just answered the big questions.

What proxy service should I use to sign up? Big baller here.

Use Hide.me to sign up since it's free and you don't have to download anything.

are you on the leaderboard OP?

Heck no. Those guys have been there for years. I've only been on BitMEX ~2 months.

Are you on BitMEX?

i was. made my money and moved them into alts though

How much did you make?

Should I close my short now? I was down a bunch and am just barely green atm. Forecast from here?

MACD and Fisher say keep it open. BB says nothing right now. If you're in the green I would just close desu. This next day might get insane with the CME futures expiring.

I'm thinking we may see a huge red candle soon though. I'm not taking any positions atm though. I'm OP btw, my ID just changed.

What was your entry price?

Guess I'll stay open and put my stop loss at my entry price. I find most of the time wen I close short it goes down way more that day. This could go down a few hundred pips even. 11650 was tested a few times now and usually retreated big time. We did break out of a downtrend tho. Hopefully this works out

Yeah I just got screwed FOMOing into a 100x short at 11440. I should've kept it open but panic closed when it hit 11460. Never mix alcohol and BitMEX..

485, I'm 100000 contract tho. I lost 2grand earlier so I'd love to make it back lol

Lol I got liquidated trading drunk last night. Luckily I only lost 500$ because I knew I was drunk so opened a small position

Fuck I give you better advice than I give myself...

im this guy

how are my bitmex bros doing overall based on their total ROI from bitmex?

Im up to .9 btc from .2i in 4 days.
I can tell its addictive, for sure. Mostly have been shorting 10x

>shorting 10x
explain this to me pls

selling 10x as much as i actually own, buying it back cheaper to return the borrowed bitcoin,a nd keeping the profits. Lets say the price moves down 1%, i make 10% on my initial investment, because i did it 10x. price moves up 10%, i los eerything , because 10% * 10 = 100

So you use your BTC as collateral to sell more BTC than you own. If you make a 10X margin sell and BTC drops 10% in price and you close, you get 100% return on investment. That's why BitMEX is amazing. Say you took out a 100X long(buy) at $8000 and you sold at $16000, you would make 500X what you invested. Basically for every 1% that the price of Bitcoin increases, you would make 100% of your investment back.

The 24 hour volume is L I T C H U R U L Y right on the front page where you trade on the left under "contract details"

Also user I would be very careful right now. the price is kind of in a limbo right now and you could get Rekt at any second.

Shorting: you borrow (eg) 1 BTC to sell immediately, and have to pay it back in BTC. So if it goes down from 12000 to 11000, you buy a BTC for 11k and give it back, keep your 1k profit (minus fees blah blah).

With leverage: If it goes down you make 10x as much profit as it goes down by. If it goes up you lose 10x as much so if it goes up 10% you lose your entire invesment.

Using 100X is basically like playing Roulette but having a good idea of where the ball will settle

like 16 btc
my ROE is one of the best on bitmex

teach me bro, or atleast some tips, i am doing well but not well enough. I want to make ir

I can bet 1 BTC that BitMEX is used to launder cartel money.

wait for news and big consaldation. plus wait for bull market when price is only going up so you can buy dips and know price is going up.

right now it sucks to trade so i bought some alts. although my alts are dumping now.

YOU FUCKING IDIOT THE MEX HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MEXICO

the ceo is black, not mexican

What was your initial?

kek dumbass

Stay away from this shit its like heroine.

Or be smart and only 5X leverage MAX
Otherwise you will get rekt

Is there a minimum I need to start trading here?
I can only spare .001 BTC but I'd love to turn it into .05

.0001 is the min deposit

fuck it im holding my short. Could take .1 btc profit right now but lets be realistic, wer egonna test 11250

I'm so tempted to deposit a sizable amount (maybe 30% of my portfolio), wait for it to dip hard (8-9k) and then go 100x leverage all in

but I know that I'd just lose everything

you 100% certainly would lose it all if you did that. I bet just for extra lols you would lose it while bitmex price is rising hard, but the mark price is still dumping.

I did this once on a dip to 11k. Set my buy order for 11050 and it barely caught it. Woke up to 400% ROI and I panic closed. If I had held for 1 more day I would've been 6000% ROI lmao.
>He REKT himself

Be happy with the 400% my friend.

OP do you have a discord, telegram, twitter, or a throwaway email? Been doing this for about a month and I really needed to talk about this with someone privately and on the fly.

Do you have a discord, telegram, or any other chat?

What does getting liquidated mean?

enlighten my brainlet ass. Never dabbled with shorting or margin trading.