A New Neet Joins You

Hey guys, I have just been laid off from work today. So I'm now a NEET just like most here. First it was shock and horror, gathering all my stuff in front of my co-workers and then leaving in shame, but now I'm kind of glad it happened.
I had more than three years of monotonous full time employment work, now I have all the free time in the world, time to do something new and different.

Questions for fellow NEETs, I have some savings, enough to last me a year by myself. Do I still qualify and should I still apply for unemployment benefits? I would like to look for a new job, and unemployment benefits would help me pay some bills without having to withdraw from my life savings. Is that alright?

Also ask a new fellow NEET anything, I've been down this road before so I'm not a total NEET newbie.

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/jp/thread/S6512844#p6512924
youtube.com/watch?v=CJ_HTABr7hA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

invest in an ICO

icowatchlist.com

thats all

penis

heres how to get on welfare

warosu.org/jp/thread/S6512844#p6512924

Ahh Lame, I don't think I qualify for unemployment benefits because I also have my own business, have had one since even before I started working at a job. My business earns no money though, but yeah I don't think I'm eligible after this.

Fuck yes you should take unemployment if you qualify. Take the fucking money. All my tax dollars going to niggers and spics etc, I'd be glad if a small portion went to you.

Why'd you get laid off work and what was your salary.

Welcome back user, the tendies are heating up. I'd suggest getting unemployment benefits and maybe start looking for a job in an industry that actually none of this cubicle shit, if you live in a city that is. Otherwise just look up some cash in hand work on Craigslist, works for my brother in Ohio - the guys been unemployed for 4 years.

I don't think I qualify user, I have my own business even though it doesn't make any money. I'll check the state laws

Apply for unemployment, it's an insurance program you're forced to pay into so there's no reason not to file for it when you need it. I don't think savings matter.

welcome to the NEET life brother

invest in good coins and get lucky on an ICO for your starting capital

gambate

They said my performance wasn't good last year (which is BS because I did a shit ton of work last year), but I think it's mainly because I kept pestering them for a raise. I made 50k a year which was barely anything, I basically kept saying "give me more money" and listed out reasons why I was unhappy and why I deserved more, and I think they were like "Hmm, no." and then today they fired me.

>"user there's a meeting today at 4, can you make it?"
>"Yup sure thing"
>4 PM
>"user we looked at your review last year and it was poor, so we're gonna have to let you go. Here's your severance package, blah blah blah, I'll walk you out"
>I was so dumbfounded I just said "okay," and then I got my things, which again is really embarrassing when you're surrounded by a ton of people since I worked at an "Open Desk" environment, and I had a ton of things

Realistically, how much do you spend a year being a NEET? I've had small gaps (max 4 months) between graduating from undergrad to grad school to a standard job etc. where I didn't work and they were so fucking amazing. I'd like to indefinitely NEET but I'd probably need an idea of how feasible that is/how much I'd need to save up. How do NEETs even do it financially?

can you go on unemployment indefinitely? what if there's nothing medically wrong with you?

WE BACK user

youtube.com/watch?v=CJ_HTABr7hA

have you started your crypto trading career yet?

>How do NEETs even do it financially?
>hodl crypto
>keep fixed costs as low as possible
>ramen noodles, cheap rent, cheap everything
>use photosynthesis so you do not have to get groceries

I live with my family. There are a lot of people that will try to shame you for not making it on your own after 18, but in this economy, fuck it.
I'm not sure what your relationship with your family is like, but if you can find like minded friends, it is easier to live with others so the burden doesn't fall on you alone.

inspiring

this is exactly what i am doing right now

My brother's a NEET and my parents bankroll him and I basically want to do the same thing. They're pretty passive aggressive about it and complain about the whole thing to me though. I've suggested doing it myself and dropped out of grad school in an attempt to do so. My SO and parents and everyone generally close to me did the whole "we won't explicitly judge you but we will constantly pity you and make it known every waking moment that we're disappointed" thing, so I've started doing a part-time job literally just to get everyone off my back. It's insane though I know I'm capable of spending very little (especially after grad school) and most things that do drain peoples money (travelling, eating out, materialistic shit etc.) don't terribly interest me but everyone insists it's not sustainable/I won't actually be able to do it plus it generally threatens the few close relationships I have.

>"we won't explicitly judge you but we will constantly pity you and make it known every waking moment that we're disappointed"
goddamn i know this feel. i am trying to NEET in my own apartment but i don't know where to start... and idk how expensive it really is.

do you recommend any cheap cities to live in? denver, dallas, or raleigh? i heard from Veeky Forumsfags live in their car and shower at the YMCA, but i would like to rent an apartment cause fuck that

Michigan
Though it is misery central...

Lol, I got the same treatment when I wanted to quit working and come back home at first.
I help out around the house when I can and try not to be an asshole to make it easier for everyone, plus we all get along really well and I will probably live with them even if I make it haha.
I'm very open with my family about my crypto gains and my plan for making it. My mother was very skeptical, but now that she has seen that I am making real progress, she seems to have changed her mind.

I think living in the country is actually a better idea (mind you I'm biased). I did my whole grad school stint in Toronto and seeing the pollution and crowding and consumerism is kind of what drove me away from wageslavery (that and it sucking in general of course) and I think living in cities is the biggest waste of money. Like it's obviously a lot more expensive per square foot of what you're getting, but cities are designed to get you to constantly spend on frivolous shit. They're ugly with the only attractions being paid one's, while places in the country are way cheaper, it's naturally beautiful, and much much quieter. I live in a suburb right now but the country seems idyllic. So yeah in short moving out to a rural area would probably be your best bet for cheapness (of course you'll be surrounded by retards but eh if you don't leave your house much it might not be that bad).

Don’t be racist user.

> gathering all my stuff in front of my co-workers and then leaving in shame

If you work in a big corp then concerning your coworkers - on the inside a good 80% wanted to be in your shoes.

>Do I still qualify and should I still apply for unemployment benefits?
Yes

you just need to find a way to get on the government dole
my friend gets autism bux, about $800 a month
that's enough for him to live off of, which he has been doing for 10+ years now

Could be worse, you could be a Jew.

Back to /pol imbecile

>can you go on unemployment indefinitely?
Technically UI benefits is at most 6 months or till the balance of your UI is used up. And you will need to do those weekly job-search to receive each weeks ui.

I gone through the process, as much as it was a headache each week to make the quota, be glad if the work you were laid off from was a specialized task that is not equal or similar in pay currently around where you live.

get fucked kike

Heh that's not at all the kind of life my NEET friends live

>>

Enjoy these threads

With Jews, you WIN

>My SO and parents and everyone generally close to me did the whole "we won't explicitly judge you but we will constantly pity you and make it known every waking moment that we're disappointed" thing,

after a certain amount of time they just don't care anymore and get used to the situation.

t. 40yo NEET

How long have you been a NEET for? You ever wagecuck once?

I doubt it gets better.
This is hell.

t. 29 year old NEET

hey OP, you're a fag. but i'm a NEET too, so I can relate.
honestly those troll NEET vs wagecuck graphics got to me.

being NEET is so much better.

my day as a wagecuck
>wake up at inhumane hour
>hurry, shower, eat as fast as I can
>get dressed how my employer wants me to dress
>wait in traffic for an hour with the other wagecucks
>get to work, girl flirts with me constantly, but recoils if I ask her out
>boss is always texting the girl, I'm pretty sure they're fucking
>she only likes him because he's the boss
>she's got a bf too...

>guy next to me gets paid twice as much, does 1/4th as much work
>when shit goes to hell I'm the only one who can fix it
>one day I complain about unpaid overtime
>coworker reports it to a supervisor, so I get a threatening phone call from supervisors up the chain about it
>ask for a raise repeatedly
>"maybe in a few years, user"

I have no desire to go back.
Now I wake up whenever, then rollover to my robinhood and see the wagecucks made me $200 this morning. Great!
Time for a nice breakfast, I take my time. Make some coffee or tea.

>How long have you been a NEET for? You ever wagecuck once?

i've been neeting for the past 12 years. And yes, i have been a wagecuck for 15 years before, but it was hell, it got me several nervous breakdown and a severe stomach ulcer before i've told to myself "fuck this shit". For about 2 years i've told no one i've left my job and basically was doing the 9-5 in my car, pretending to my (now ex) wife i was going to work until eventually i ran out of cash. Without money it's way harder to pretend, so i've told the truth to my grill and she obviously left on the spot.
I then asked for help and my parents accepted to lodge me in a little room i've tinkered in their basement in exchange for 100€/month.

I'm way happier since then, yes i live frugally but i don't feel like a robot anymore and i'm basically free. I milk the governemnt about 1k monthly because my previous job destroyed my back and i'm declared 69% handicaped.

all this to say better living in my mom's basement than being a wagecuck. If one day i have to join the workforce even just for one day, i put a bullet in my skull on the spot.

sorry for my english.

don't abandon user, it get better i promise you. Just stop worrying about what the others could think about your situation and suddently everything become way easier.

Thanks for the experience share user. I fully agree, being a wagecuck was hell. I can't believe you pretended to work for 2 entire years though without telling your girl haha, that's a long time to have pretended.

What the heck did you do those entire days? And you must have gone through a lot of savings to pay those bills as if you were still working.

Good luck user

Hahhaha love that photo, NEETs ftw!

Also my parents let me live with them but they ask for $700 a month. This was doable while working, but as a NEET it's like, omg, noooo. hehe oh well.

>What the heck did you do those entire days?

was phoneposting on 4ch and cripplechan, listening to radio, writing or drawing.. just killing the time desu

>And you must have gone through a lot of savings to pay those bills as if you were still working.

yes, pretending to work have been the worst decision i've ever made, i wasted all my saving just to not look bad in regard of my relatives, social pressure make you do stupid things thats for sure... That's why i can't emphasize enough how important it is to not give a fuck and do what make you feel good instead of what what make you LOOK good in the others eyes.

whoh that's a shitload of money while you cost about nothing to them, it's to force you to move out i guess ?

godspeed user

Average for a 1 person in my area is $1200, so this is a lot cheaper than normal. My parents are paying mortgage and the $700 goes towards it. Could also move out with a roomie, but man I love living at home, it's so relaxing and comfortable, best place to be.

Gas yourself rabbi