Discharging student debt

Have $120k private student loan debt (~9% rate; thru Navient), and $60k cash lump sum. How do I discharge as much debt as possible?

inb4 buy crypto

Kill yourself. It’s the only way.

I thought about this but my cosigner would be fucked

kneepads

two semesters in and still zero debt, thanks to crypto and scholarships

Dump everything you own in XMR
Declare bankruptcy
there OP

>inb4 crypto

Student loans are the one debt burden that is not dischargeable by bankruptcy. It is literally with you for life.

The only way out is death.

Can't file bankruptcy with student loans unless you can prove that you will be literally homeless if you tried to pay them.

Also you're a fucking idiot for taking that much money - you must be a nigger. No one needs that much unless going to medical or law school which you clearly didn't for asking such a retarded question. Enjoy paying that off at 5.5% for the next 40 years.

Student loan debt can’t be discharged in bankruptcy

Good luck faggot. Good job falling for muh 300k staring salary math PhD meme. Every time some ducking nujack retard wants to tell me how I’m some pos fast food worker and I should Kms for not studying protoatonic accounting at kikeU I remember they will literally kill themselves when they look at the debt bill and realize they can’t ever ever discharge it in court. But actually OP judging by your post you’re a nice guy so I just feel bad for you

Refinance that shit with SoFi before it buries you.

Should be able to get it down to 6%

He said private loan so yes he can declare bankruptcy you retards.

That’s not how that works
Enjoy the bags

>>>land of the freeeee
Ok just pretend to be homeless for a while with everything in XMR

You can declare bankruptcy on private loans, not federal loans

It's why private loans have high rates

Daytrade man, throw that money on GDAX, if ETH goes up by $10 you make $600, rinse/repeat in fluctuation. Use stop limits to minimize loss,. Cash out gradually to avoid uncle sam and pay off debt in increments.

Heres the math for how much money you would make after one day, ($5000+) assuming you catch the uptake 10 times a day. Exponential profits.

You retards are going to fuck over OP so hard if he listens to you

buy a 4 plex. rent it out, have people pay your mortgage for you, write that shit off on your tax returns. get online job doing remote stuff for $$$ wait til equity in 4 plex than sell and buy 16 unit apartment(1031 exchange you fucking retard). Pay some heavyset latin chick (they're like pitbulls) 10$ an hour and free room to manage while you NEET it up in croatia like a king. when bored, sell 16 unit, buy 64. Retire.

Leave the country

oh forgot about the student loans. learn to suck a mean dick.

How?

not a terrible idea, but I live and work in a city where $60k won't buy me a cardboard box

I don't intend to use crypto as a serious investment vehicle, I'm getting raped by 9% rates and can't risk it

He might be able to do chapter 13 but that's basically just a payment plan

"discharge" was clearly the wrong term to use

I have $60k, I want to make the most of it against my $120k debt

you could get on an income based repayment plan if you hide your assets, but you risk getting raped for evasion

it's almost like you can get a new job and move to a city where 60k will buy you something. just a thot. put that degree to use.

I would take the minimum payment plan, put 20-30k in crypto, and use your stupid degree to get a real job, you did major in something useful, right user?

I'm serious here Refinance with a really lightweight company like SoFi. They will chop 3-4% off your interest rate and save you like $30,000 total over the course of your loan.

I have a good income here and my industry is fairly specific to the area

I'm considering this. I have an LLC that I may be able to route my salary through, it's a somewhat common practice here

I majored in liberal studies bullshit but have a job in my field (see above)

this is what I'm most likely to do. trying to figure out if I can use the $60k to pay down my principal in this refi process

That meme is so old, I had to dust it off

What's your actual degree though, liberal arts is far too broad

>tfw same situation but it's for law school and have 700K settlement fee coming in 2018 so just deferring all loans and investing in crypto, will likely be rich as fuck by 2020

buy xby

FFS, tell me you went to med school atleast.

I have a degree in film studies

ouch, go to law school or some shit. If you have a lot of gen eds go back to school and get a degree in something useful, or law school. Sure you have a useless degree for 120k, but you could have a useful degree for 160k, don't be deterred by your sunk costs

what crypto are you in. also, what law

I make six figures in my field

But six figures probably isn't even a living wage where you are. LA, New York, or San Francisco?

Anyway, if you're happy with your job, and don't think you can make 9% gains with that money, then set aside 10-30k for an emergency fund and put the rest in your loans. Just paying it off isn't always the best financial solution, 9% is sort of low in general for a loan.

LA

not really sure where I'd do ~9% consistently for ~5 years