Future contracts expiring in 1h...are guys ready?

Future contracts expiring in 1h...are guys ready?

Other urls found in this thread:

cmegroup.com/trading/equity-index/us-index/bitcoin.html
timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180126T16&p0=136&msg=CME Bitcoin Futures expire date
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what does this mean exactly?

WHAT IS THIS CONTRACT NOBODY WILL EXPLAIN IT TO ME

Bump

Some fags are shorting BTC and the contract closes today.

Standing by

go 50% in btc in 30 minutes and see where it takes me if I ride the wave for a few hours?
Or all in?
But I have too many shitcoins to sell. Not that easy to sell all at once.

Jesus christ, at least learn the MOST BASIC investment terms before gambling with high-risk assets.

waiting for that sweet dip

No no noooo

>Future contracts
user, we are all here to learn and teach, so if you are informed, be kind and explain.

god there are way too many fucking 16 year olds on this garbage site, would it kill you to investopedia? actually, you're probably too much of a brainlet, start with google ok bby?

nah nigga, maybe you'll find some virgin to give you free info

meh i'm not that comfy it will go up onestly

bump, what do you guys think?

roll into next month's expiration and keep shorting. we're fucked until it goes to 0. even though they could make unlimited profit by going long they are boomers and fuck everything up.

50%, never risk it all.

TELL ME WHAT TO DO Veeky Forums SHOULD I SELL MY ALTS OR WHAT DO

What is the correct move here?
I'm 50% / 50% on ZRX and OMG at the moment.

Exit alts and go into BTC? Tether up? Hold?

what time contracts expire 9est 10 est ?

>mooning on a weekend
do you even follow btc generally?

Do you think it is a good idea?
I am very comfy all in ven.
But if it is 99% sure that I could get an extra 10%, then why not.
But I am not really for a big risk, as I have enough ven as is.

Last time futures expired btc rose over 20% in a day if I remember right though.
But ven rose with it, 15% against BTC. It was hyped as fuck then though.

it's past 10am

just bought 100k

long x10 leverage so if it drops i get liquidated immediately
it's all or nothing

ok so did the contracts end then fuck

I would leave the coins, mid-low caps tend to swing 2x whatever btc is doing. (exception for when btc makes unusually large gains) I am not expecting that to happen.

it's really up to you, I don't know what your trading experience is but I started as a TA fag a couple years ago and have altered my strategy a bit since then, what I'd say to my students is to consult your trading strategy. Don't get into something just because of possible hype, I'm sure it's true that after the last contracts closed it rose 20% but this market has been unpredictable as shit, so take that as you will.

stay in your position until you see the price you want, or until it reaches your stop-loss

They also tend to catch up after relatively large BTC gains, it's algo bots moving money around to maximize profit

Go short. Trust me even though I'm just another stranger from biz

explain to me how next future contract will not continue the trend ?

THE TENSION IS KILLING ME

GO UP OR GO DOWN

All good advice.
I am just a bit tired of making the right calls, but not acting on it.
Oh well, in a year I will have ten times the money I have from just holding, and no stress etc.
I should just stop being a little bitch.

It won't, people gave it too much credit for the last crash, but that was mostly traders spoiled by the bullrun spooked by consecutive days of bad news. I expect btc to stay low over the weekend and pick up monday.

>What is the correct move here?
Does bitcoin ever increase/decrease in percentage points more than your alts? I've real world tested the tether up theory a few times now. It's difficult getting the timing right if you have any sort of life and in comparison to my hypothetical "what if I just held" portfolio, I always wind up falling behind a few hundred bucks from this folio.
Hold your coins, margin trade with them if you have the time.

There is a cup and handle forming in BTC/USDT and the handle will be done when futures expire.
This must be it, all in now

thanks friend im going to do it !

>cup and handle

On what candles? I don't see shit

dude that's not a cup and handle

I’ve read countless explanations of futures and still don’t understand

Post screenshot

I don't see it either

Haha, you showed those fucking autists, am I right. Hehe, you're so cool and knowledgeable and now that you insulted them you are even more cool. And in your insult you even managed to convey that you are NOT a virgin and you made it clear that you certainly don't have insecurities about NOT being a virgin hehehe

Good one dude
You daft cunt

Here we go

brainlet
you ain't gonna make it brah

this thread makes me angry

AHHHHH 25 MINUTES LEFT

Watching bears get rekt in live television. This is pretty entertaining.

Pic related is you after you go off the deepend in about an hour

A future contract allows a seller and buyer to make an agreement to buy an asset class at a certain price at a certain it time. Example:
user 1 wants to buy 5 BTC in 2 months so he decides to get a future contract from user 2 agreeing to buy 5 Bitcoin at $13,000/BTC on March 26.
With a Future user 1 HAS to buy the Bitcoin regardless of if the price is lower or higher. Unlike an option.
Though he can sell his future contract to others on an open market. user 2 has to sell his 5 BTC for $13000 no matter what. If BTC is worth $30000 on March 26th he has to sell it to user 1 for $13000. If it goes to $10000 he has to sell it to user 1 for $13000.
T. Finance student

you got me dude xD

You guys are seriously overanalyzing futures. The actual capital moving through these contracts are much smaller than the volume of Bitcoin moved daily. Most of the people purchasing these contracts are large-scale mining operations locking in their long term profit.

45 MINUTES LEFT WTF

I should add, user 1 makes a profit when he is able to to buy BTC for a lower price than what it is worth on the market. user 2 makes a profit when he is able to sell BTC for a higher price than what it is worth on the market.

so is it going up or down in 20 minutes

futures already priced in
>next futures will activate minute after expiration and it's also short

you need to sell 5k to normies if you want these faggots out

up

You dont seem to understand they also have monumental holdings on the exchange to manipulate the price when options settle

I DON'T KNOW

You should be doing manual labor

Can you give me a link to where you can see this?

Im 27 but Veeky Forums is my number 1 news source.

Just because you know the definition does not mean that you know how the market reacts, especially the crypto market.

that's true
according to cmegroup.com/trading/equity-index/us-index/bitcoin.html
there are only 135 contacts for this month for 5 BTC each
how is

So do I get my lambo yet or what?

It doesn't you need to sell/buy BTC to affect the market, but since these futures are immensely profitable (25$ profit/loss for every 5$ movement) It wouldn't take a genius to figure out you can just buy a lot of BTC and then dump them on the market last moment before they expire. If you went short that is

IT WILL GO UP

OR MAYBE DOWN

You're fucking retarded. With futures, whales can make real world money, using internet imaginary money.
KYS.

rude

11 MINUTES LEFT

I could literally cry im so excited right now

Aww OP decided to pay me a visit. Nothing is going to happen in the next 4 hours.

Let the just learn from their ignorance and get hit hard

timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180126T16&p0=136&msg=CME Bitcoin Futures expire date

Is CME a london group then?

Nothing will happen :(

I thought that they wont even transact the BTC itself - just settle the difference of the price, similar to CFD. In fact im sure I read that somewhere. Maybe it was for the cboe futures?

Yes user, Chicago Mercantile Exchange is a London group.

Yes but they also hold actual btc which they will sell on the exchange before futures expire to drive down price. Its already happened once today

MOON INC LADS

Nothing at all. But probably a gradual recovery over the next week

back to 11k, fuck yeah

Can't people close these contracts at any point in time between opening and final date? Why is today so special?

this is such a scam

because idiots who don't understand how they work think they are important

Because people think that the bankers would make a last ditch effort to crash the price before they're forced to close their shorts.

DYOR
These fucking noobs can't even google.

>currently trading 4k lower than it was at the same time a month ago
FULLY RECOVERED GUYS
NOCOINERS ABSOLUTELY BTFO

I personally think this really is the end, looking at the graph, that rise to 19k was fucked up, I can't see it doing anything but give a short boost to 13k and then down to 7k

Mooooooon

jesus
everyone is buying now

OH MY FUCKING GOD HOLY FUCK

ITS ACTUALLY FUCKING MOONING
ITS ACTUALLY
FUCKING
MOONING

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKCUFKJFDUFDSAKUSFDUSFDAUKFSD

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKLETS FUCKIGN GO HOLY SHIT FUCK
FUCK YOU NON BELIEVER FAGGOTS

BEARS BTFO

top kek, nest stop 12k

LORD OF THE BLOCKCHAIN, RETURN OF THE KINGGGG!!!!!!!

so basically futures are owning us right now. we fucking lost to the boomers guys.

HOLY SHIT TO THE MOON BOYS

Yes I agree and if it ever gets back there again it won't be until later this year, like may/june. Then again I could be totally mistaken!