How do I know what watch brands are respectable . I know nothing of watches so I don't want to waste my money

How do I know what watch brands are respectable . I know nothing of watches so I don't want to waste my money

I like the Citizen eco-drive because no battery worries for a decade.

Swiss or gtfo.

master race reporting in

You buy new or preowned?

new

Seiko, even thou people consider it a budgetbrand. Very accurate pieces

If you made it: Patek Philippe

If you didn't: Tissot

Wow, the first Rolex that actually looks good to me.
Most of them look like cluttered Chinese fakes.

>Don't want to waste money
Don't buy a watch

yeah, looks elegant and sick as fuck

stop buying crypto and just started hodling Nomos watches. the gains will be spectacular.

That's pretty

What's it run

If you want to invest into a watch go for a Rolex if you have the money (inb4 normie) but seriously hear me out. Some of their watches you can actually make money from because Rolex tend to have this trend where they increase their prices of the watches by either 20%-30% every 3 years so if you buy a watch now and want to sell it in the future you will either make money or get your investment back.

does your phone not tell time OP? or are you just a homo who spends guap on rocks?

IWC makes the classiest watches on Earth. Enjoy, and be ready to open your wallet.

*Audemars Piguet*
The only classy way to go

Anything Swiss, don't even bother with others, they're garbage

Holy fuck, these are pretty fucking ugly watches, i wouldn't wear one of these not even if i were paid to.

Any watch which runs on battery is a pajeet meme watch.

Here's a list of watches that are known to be great from expensive to cheap (relatively)

Rolex, AP,
Tudor, omega
Swatch (sistems51)

Most of these watches retain value or appreciate as well so investments kek

How wealthy do I need to be to be able to justify buying one of these?

I'm puking, these are a virtue signal for someone who stumbled their way into wealth right?

Easy. Don't buy a Rolex. How much money you got?

Is buying used acceptable

I imagine there's more scams then legit dealers . Are there reputable online dealers

Ideally under 3k. Don't mind preowned just worried about buying a fake

You could buy an Omega, like the Seamaster 300M. However why not through that 3k into a shitcoin and make it 3k?

I'm sitting on 40k chainlink. I'm either sinking or swimming with money belly Sergey

I bought this because it looks nice, it will last, no battery, swiss.
No need to drop thousands for a watch in my opinion.

Any thoughts on longines ?

heritage line is good, be aware that its eta movements though

Is eta movement a concern

Ok did some research . Eta is good but not very creative, unique, and it's most produced ?

watchsnob on askmen is a good start if you know nothing

Post goal watches

If you want used just check yourself to see if fake. Buy a jewlers loupe and watch a bunch of youtube vids on what to look for. If youre not sure take it to the local watch servicer and ask him. If its fake just demand a refund through paypal or whatever.

>paying more than 50 bucks in a fucking watch

Stay poors faggots

If you're gonna get cheap digital you should at least get a good one, and not a woman's watch

Have faith in your style and buy one that looks good to you. A watch is an accessory and you should treat it as such, unless you are specifically buying watches as investments.

that rolex cellini moon phase is pure fucking class, if i end up getting a watch down the line with my gains (which is fucking retarded to do unless you have a couple million and even then..). that will be the one for me

pic related

>at least get a good one
Mine can do this:
>water resistent
>can check heart rate
>how many steps in my daily run
>notifications for apps and calls
>less than 20 bucks

this thread has nothing to do with crypto

That's a fine piece you've got there

Very good choice man, I'd liek to have one like these, but I'm to poor to throw my money away on shit like this. There is a similar one be Le Coultre for 20K and also one for 8K by Frederique Constant. I wish I could have pic related.

Consider it an investment . Albeit a bad one. Therefore it's business

fucking niggers, this consumerist shit is so pathetic, like "look, i can afford to have 20k on my wrist". You are complaining about normies on /biz but dont understand that you are those normies??

yeah that's a fair assessment, there's nothing really wrong with ETA, some people have strong personal preferences for more unique movements though. my personal favorite of theirs (with a jazzed up movement) is the heritage column wheel chronograph

It's about expressing yourself. Nothing wrong with it

ITT: "People" who will never make it.

boomer detected

There's a difference between someone that buys a 20k watch when they have 4mil and someone that buys a 20k watch when they have 20k and food. Nothing wrong with buying nice things so long as you're still within your needs, user.

Spending money on useless items is not an investment, faggot.

I'm 27. No one is saying you gotta spend 3k on a watch . Buy a Casio idc. But I personally think some of these are impressive and worth a dime. I own a house and my bills get paid. Don't even have a credit card.

I'm not blowing money I don't have

Within your means* phone posting

Why you so bitter user

Yeah. You're turning money you have into money you'll never see again.

>No one is saying you gotta spend 3k on a watch
Does your smartphone have no clock? Send it to repair.

People dropping a few grand on status signaling items is my ultimate trigger. Sorry.

Patek Phillippe > Rolex dumbass

Veeky Forums will tell you, go to the watch general.
The really good ones you have never heard of.
Avoid the Rolex second hand market, you will get fucked. It's like studying law by this point.
If you're going under 3k you want to look at Nomos, they are the meme minimalist watch.
I like the IWS small pilot, those who really know say it's overpriced.
t. watch casual

Why would you buy a watch when cell phones already tell you what time it is?

>has a mindset of a 60yo
> owns a house
> pays bills
> cares about watches
> uses words like "investment"
> 27yo
ok you convinced me user

>not one mention of Patek Phillippe, the ONLY acceptable watch brand
How fucking poor is Veeky Forums these days?

>2018
>reading threads

Your the mvp man , thanks I'll look into it

Get a cheap Casio man. Buying a expensive watch is setting yourself up with a even more expensive ridiculous watch when you get bored. Stuff like this will only give you a temporary saturated feel.

And why would you impress some plebs?

If crypto doesn't work out im gonna work a full 40 year career anyway . Might as well have some fun man

Some people like the way they look and appreciate the craftsmanship and fine machinery in the watches. Sure some things are tasteless, but not everyone likes watches to status signal. Just like not everyone likes nice cars to status signal. Look at /wt/ on /g/

Just get a Seiko, maybe a cheap JDM model like SARB035 or SARB033 and 1 or 2 straps to change up the look (its a hassle though). Swiss watches are mostly overpriced, I work with top end luxury watches day in day out (JLC, ALS, etc) and after fondling enough of them, you get tired of it eventually.

You don't know what virtue means.

Patek Philipe
Rolex
Breitling

Anything else is just tasteless, quite frankly.

Citizen Attesa or Casio Oceanus - get the GPS and solar versions.

BLNR here financed by crypto gains MFs