This morning my roommate started rambling to me about how all cryptos are a big scam and anyone who invests now are...

This morning my roommate started rambling to me about how all cryptos are a big scam and anyone who invests now are fools who lose their money because missed their chance months ago. I mentioned I I'm pretty enthused about the entire market and I think its a risk worth taking, but he laughed at me and now he thinks Im dumb.

How can I defend myself other than the amazing GAINS ill have in total EOY? What do you say to people who laugh at you for investing in coins?

If the opinions of short-sighted people get you down then you're not gonna make it user.

You probably have trouble communicating with people. It's not his fault he doesn't get it.

1st RULE: You do not talk about CRYPTO.
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about CRYPTO.

keep this in mind:
the more successful you become the more that people like these will crawl out of the woodwork to drag you back down to them
act accordingly, they are not your friends, youll learn the hard way anyway since i dont think youll take my advice seriously

Good, that was my whole life for years until late 2017 when normans got on the ride. I hope they go back to shitting on cryptos again.

Blockchain techology isn't a scam. Cryptos are a scam. Just need to ride the ponzi for free money.

He started the conversation because he was reading an article about it, and I just chimed in about it. But I guess you're right.

I'll always be steadfast. I know I'll make it... But I wish I had the social skills to put up a decent argument in the moment.

I wouldnt be asking for advice if I didnt plan to take it seriously. People with sensible things to say like these are worth more than consideration. And I dont consider the guy my friend, hes just around to help pay my rent.

So apparently there's this popular scam on crypto where you tell people they're buying a coin, but really it's just a value stored on Ethereum's ledger.

good, and be may not be your friend but if he’s a roommate tread carefully. You would be shocked how dangerous desperate and weak minded men really are.

Stay safe user and God speed. Heed my words carefully. I’m doing very well for myself but it took a lot of people trying to take me down and me beating them to get where I am today.

Well he's not wrong. We're essentially just putting our money in some random internet coins that nobody knows what will happen to.

Like most people here though I'd rather lose 10k than regret not making 100k so I'm prepared to lose it.

Anyways I don't talk about crypto because it's pretty irresponsible of us to gamble money like this but I find it fun so idfaf

If you know you'll make it then you're on the right track. Focus on the knowledge that gives you that confidence and you'll figure out how to talk to people about it in no time.

Or, as other anons ITT said, just don't talk about it.

You are dumb.

Your roommate is right.

99.999% of crypto is vaporware trash. It's pushed on dumb normies like you with fancy marketing campaigns. It's never going anywhere. It's all smoke and mirrors.

BTC/ETH/XMR are LITERALLY the only cryptos actually worth anything. You'll probably make money holding these long term but there's SO MUCH dumb money in crypto you might be waiting awhile.

Tell him he's right and that you pulled out. No need for a bitter normal to harass you 3 years down the line wen u milli

Lol, why is fucking btc of all things worth anything outside of muh legacy?

OP. This is where patience will have to to be your strong point. If you have a hard time defending your crypto investments just wait a few months and when you've already 10 or 50x your money you can be smug and let your money do the arguing for you.

>t. guy who thought AOL would be the only company to come out of the dotcom boom

Don't talk to him about it, until you've got $1M.

He's right. Cryptocurrency trading is a negative sum game and we've likely reached the stage where most of the money going in is funding the fiat profits of early adopters. You will lose your money and help pay for someone's yacht.

Do you know why bitcoin fees are so high right now?

Because it's the only crypto that's *actually* being used in the real world.

It's like comparing an unknown dirt roads to a 4-lane highway during rush hour and claiming the former is a better road because you're not sitting in traffic.

Bitcoin's first-mover advantage, brand recognition, and most importantly network isn't going away anytime soon. Initial coin distribution and perceived equity matters a lot more than the tech. Do you actually think people are going to buy into some shitcoin which was printed by some scam company in 2018 and sold in some ridiculous (((ICO)))?

The answer is no.

If alts come up with a real blockchain scaling solution it will be adopted by bitcoin.

ETH actually brings something of value to the table: smart contracts. And XMR brings robust privacy. Literally every other coin is garbage and I'm not exaggerating.

Wouldn´t know user, I don´t talk about my cryptos investments with anyone. I want this to be my own personal failure, all my others failures are so evident and I can´t stand the idea of this one also being exposed. I will suffer alone in my own world, and all you guys are going down with me. At least I´ll have someone to share the pain with.

I agree with your assertations, but what about quicker coins like XLM? There are a few of the smaller cryptos worth a damn out there, just not 99.9% of them

New Souichi episode when?