HAPPENING THREAD

whether you like it or not, pandora's box has been open and these people are going full throttle, Amazon is getting a tweet every 10 minutes asking them to accept crypto currency as a form of payment

we might very well see the beginning of formal adoption in the next week or so

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

go back to plebddit faggot

>buy item
>btc moons
>return item for much more fiat value than you bought it for

If it doesn't moon you just keep it. Amazon would get fucked by people doing this.

Unless they create their own currency that wasn't traded or accepted in other places to keep the price the same. Oh wait it's called Amazon gift cards you bunch of fucking retards And they're actually linked to dollars unlike fucking bitch ass tether lmao

Why would anyone use crypto to buy shit on amazon? Is it to stop your parents from seeing the weeb figurines you bought on their cc statement?

Like it or not, it's absolutely going to happen. You just know some high-up at the company said about crypto "We'll give it to them when they start demanding it"

>implying any company would actually base the prices of things on crypto and not just use a script to calculate the USD price in crypto at the point of sale and immediately exchange the crypto paid back into USD, then only issue refunds in USD because that's what their prices are based in.

Stupid idea. Crypto is dead. Everyone is just sitting around holding their breath and waiting for the big dump to commence. All coins are going sideways

WAIT UNTIL REQUEST NETWORK GETS LAUNCHED YOU RETARDED FAGGOT ALL Veeky ForumsNISSMEN WILL GET RICH

This lol

>use amazon rewards visa or amazon prime store card
>get 5% back
>total cost: 95% of list

>use crypto
>pay non-zero transaction fee
>potentially get bad exchange rate
>total cost: >100% of list

Holy fucking shit. were you able to dress yourself this morning? I have not heard anything more fucking retarded this week! Jesus Christ you're a fucking idiot.

Yeah, that's not how real businesses operate. Especially ones like Amazon.

This is retarded, crypto is still shit for mainstream adoption.
do people really think that one of the biggest companies in the world is going to accept crypto only because of some random reddit thread, upvotes, and retarded hashtags? do you think amazon hasn't looked at the whole crypto space? they probably did before anyone here.

We need LN/Raiden to be more widely used before mainstream adoption.

Twitter hashtags can change the world!

#MeToo
#BlackLivesMatter
#Opisafaggot

Steam did this, and they made you "sign" a contract that you would decline your right for a refund. Lots of people bought games with BTC. They removed it because of high transfer fees, which is understandable.

It can work, downside is: no refunds.

fpbp

It's a good idea, you dogmatic faggot.

I think most people know that crypto has no future, except barinlets and ledditors.

Literally all you have to do to make shit loads of money on crypto is buy some really ambitious coin, HODL for 6 months, enjoy a 20-50x. It doesn't matter that they don't have a working product as long as a speculation bubble is there.

>implying this isn't a use case

>just wait for LN

In all seriousness though, what the fuck is taking Bitpay so long to implement BCH?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The only people who are promoting #paywithcrypto are bagholders from the recent bull run. Is it a coincidence that this happens after the bubble has burst? the normies got fucked holding huge bags so now they are desperately trying to "promote" crypto
fucking kek

>this is a bad thing

I don't know but as soon as they announced that I took BitPay checkout off my website and closed my account, and I'm certain I'm not alone. That could be part of the delay, just a hunch though.

This guy gets it

Yeah, no
>buy item for BTC
>the day after I discover I paid 40% more for it

fuck off with this until crypto isn't so volatile.

I seriously don't want to use BTC ever again because the fees are worse than the transaction times. please accept ETH as payment instead

This. user, you're an idiot if you think crypto getting more usecases is a bad thing. Let some bagholders buy shit with their coins, it will be glorious for crypto in the long run.

>see something for .00000014 satoshis =14 dollars
>click on add to cart and checkout
>your order is .00000016 satoshis = 14$
>click accept and proccess paymanet
>your kneepads are on the way, you paid
.00000224 satoshis = 14$
>check charts, btc dumped for a second before pumping,
.00000014 satoshis no equal 50$
>ask for refund, only get 14$ dollars back
wow ur a genius man

Why?

That's not how it works, user. You pay for a price you find acceptable, and the price is fixed at the time of the purchase. It won't change retroactively. If you find the price acceptable, you'll going to pay for it, and you'll get the item.

Why is this concept so hard to get, I don't get it

oh yes next week amazon accept crypto u fucking deluded monkey

All it takes is a few thousand tweets from neets across america and these faggots will listen.
just remember if you're not helping out the cause it's solely because you hate money and don't want mainstream adoption... we're trying to fucking BTFO fiat and you idiots are crying about "fees". I'm sure once Amazon or Facebook or Walmart gets on this boat they'll pour millions into research and make it feeless and instant

lol this is gold. the "right" to pay with crypto. I wish these faggots the best of luck

You're an idiot. Let me break it down to you so even someone with down syndrome could understand it, maybe you'll get it that way:
>You add things in your cart (listed in $).
>You decide after 1-2 hours of browsing that you wish to buy your cart
>Proceed to checkout
>Offer option to pay with crypto
>Click it
>This will cost you . This offer expires in 2 minutes. Do you wish to proceed?
>Yes --> You send the crypto (it shows, because 0 confirmations is enough)
>"We have received your transfer. Once we get to Y number of confirmations, we will send you the items!"

Wow, truly impossible to get/implement/whatever.

this, just cashed out. later boys

check 'em faggots
Let's say you fucking get a 1000 pay check and you buy 1000$ worth of ethereum.

The next fucking day ehtereum goes up 30%, now you have $1300 worth of ethereum. "Oh fuck okay I'm gonna buy a fleshlight for 50 dollars worth of ethereum". Now you have $1250 worth of ethereum.

Next fucking day ethereum goes down 10%, now you have 1125 dollars worth of Ethereum. You still ended up with more money than you started, that the reason why crypto is better than fiat. Fiat fucking bleed forever you'll always have one fake dollar, but that dollar will buy you less and less every fucking year you idiots.

Veeky Forums at this point is basically reddit run by an incompetent gook.

u literally avoided everything i pointed out wrong with ur scenerio

you must be beyond genius in a level still not known

This
Amazon knew about the crypto space before you faggots

They don't need to implement it for autistic crypto holders like us, we would barely make a dent in their sales

nah dude, you lack a fundamental understanding of currency, you're going to be poor for the rest of your life.

Because he is a Bcore shill that didn't actually do that and lies on anonymous imageboards, user. That is why.

>plebbitors are THIS stupid

whew color me surprised

it doesn't matter, where we're going we won't need low IQ niggas like you

Because its a scam coin I refuse to use or accept, and if they stop taking BTC transactions under $100, then I have no reason to use them. (most of our sales end up totaling $80-$95 lol).

You'll notice they re-enabled it, but I don't care anymore. It's a pain in the dick if they are going to do dumb shit like that, I'm not going to waste my time.

but i have close to 500btc and going to keep going till 1k, seems like u lost this fight and i won

When will you faggots learn? Amazon is not accepting your shitty cryptos. Amz loves control. If anything, they will create their own crypto, cause their stock to moon to 2k+, and become a top 10 marketcap overnight.

Lets pretend for a second that BCH is a scam coin, you're still cucking yourself out of potential buyers. So, like why?

It appears so.

Here are some tweets so you faggots can just COPY AND PASTE THAT SHIT ONTO YOUR TWITTER:
@Amazon I want to #PayWithCrypto
@Ebay I want to #PayWithCrypto
@Walmart I want to #PayWithCrypto
@Dennys I want to #PayWithCrypto
@Target I want to #PayWithCrypto
@BestBuy I want to #PayWithCrypto
@CVS I want to #PayWithCrypto
@Kmart I want to #PayWithCrypto
@Wendys I want to #PayWithCrypto

nobody's going to accept crypto because it's volitile as shit and it makes accurate pricing impossible

The only way it works is for it to maintain a relatively stable value compared to other assets (you know, a currency), which requires an extreme maturation of the market, convertibility, or a block chain based currency issued by a central bank

I don't want to do work :/

Because it's not how it works.
You go to the dollar store and buy a 1$ item, say a casio watch, with 1$. That 1$ is worth 1$ and it will hold its value for a long time - plus the government, jobs, industries etc adjust with inflation and all that.

Now the same with crypto

You go to the dollar store and buy a 1$ item with a magic buttocoin (MBC) which magically is 1:1 with USD, so 1$ is 1 MBC, THAT DAY.

You walk out and by the time you walk home some fucking sperg whale drove the price of MBC through the roof. You gave your 1 MBC away for a casio watch, now that 1MBC is worth 10$.

Do you go back to the store and ask for a fucking refund because you paid 10 times as much? You fucking don't.
Flip it around if the opposite happens and think of the store, what do you say to your employees? "Oh sorry I had to pay your salary but now Magic Buttcoin is worth 0.10, so you get nothing."

Do you think this is reasonable for Amazon? For anyone? No it fucking isn't.

From the user that made the last plebbit thread about this shit

>Firstly, the argument that "it's too volatile" is backwards within itself. Many users claim that people will never want to exchange an appreciating asset for goods, but you're looking at it the wrong way. Because cryptocurrency has the power to both appreciate and depreciate in value, it is intrinsically a better currency than Fiat which only loses value over time. People are so used to having a depreciating asset as our main currency that they can't fathom a world where we pay with a currency that can actually go up in value over time.

>Secondly, the argument that "nobody will trade their coins" is stunted by your current perspective of cryptocurrency markets. The end goal of this movement isn't to hoard magical internet meme money and sell it at it's peak, the goal is to actually use cryptocurrency as a means of payment. This is the start of mass adoption, slowly we'll work our way up to the point where cryptocurrency is a primary payment method. Right now, the goal is to show companies and non-believers that many people not only own crypto, but want to exchange it.

Hardly anyone has asked me to accept it, so I'm not too worried about it.
I keep seeing everywhere that doge has more transactions anyway, so apparently I'm not missing out on much. Maybe I'll look into accepting that just for the meme lmao...

it's not about exchanging an appreciating asset it's about difficulty in pricing due to volatility which nobody ever has a good answer for

currency appreciation (or deflation) also really isn't a good thing

You know how easy it is for Amazon to add a "pay with crypto button" and let people send any shitcoin they want, which will instantly get sold on an exchange for fiat? They can make the customer pay any transaction fees too. You are literally retarded if you think this won't happen.

Guess you should've considered the volatility of your payment method before choosing to transact with it then.

That’s the whole point!
Tweet so you can live off your bags and you will never have to work again.

>the price of the same item changes 10 times a day because of how volitile shitcoin:usd exchange rates are
do you honestly not see a problem here

> People are so used to having a depreciating asset as our main currency that they can't fathom a world where we pay with a currency that can actually go up in value over time.

This SUCH an amount of bullshit
The real world isn't some speculation fiesta far west where it's all fun and games and everyone is free to invest in a safe manner so even if they lose everything they can still stay alive.

In the real fucking world if a real small workplace gets shafted and loses 40% of their value in a month, they fire everyone and close doors. And nobody will choose to have a paycheck written in literal fairy dust that might blow over vs having a real contract with known, reliable returns.
You don't build a family, buy a house, buy a car, etc. on the prospect that your workplace might die tomorrow because Ching Chong Corp dumped their crypto ponzi scheme.
We're all talking of lambos here, not of eating and paying your bills. You need to know that at the end of the month that paycheck is coming and it's not going to lose 40% of its value before the week ends.

>katy perry aka the puppet of the satanic cabal paints her nails in crypto
As someone who has been in deep /x/ and /pol/ research for years I can tell you right now this is not a good sign. Something big is definitely approaching.

Holy shit bros its actually happening

wait... normies are actually doing it? normies?? will normies be the best thing ever happen to crypto?

the price will be denominated in fiat, we're not going full crypto.

REQ SOLVES IT ALL.
amazon could opt to get paid in usd no matter what crypto you send using REQ.
everyone just needs to chill the fuck out and wait for REQ to do its thing.
Or better yet, spam amazon with #paywithREQUEST

KEK

OMG is the answer

>OMG dies

Shit, I remember back when the only people who had crypto were ancaps and libertarians. Fuck this "we demand a right to pay with crypto". You have absolutely no right to that. If they choose to accept it, it would be excellent for all parties involved, but it will be a privilege none the less. Learn the difference between positive and negative rights or just fuck of back to plebit with your cancer.

Also, I don't even know what your shitcoin does.

Yes

>pls acept poocoin jef or i wont by ur stuf

This isn't happening folks. The #1 merchant does not need sub-millionaire baghodlers to claim they will totally pay with crypto to stay #1.

>we demand a right
Pretty sure we're asking, nobody has pulled out any guns and initiated force on these merchants.

>buying anything from these moneybag corporations
>eating at Wendy's
The human race is doomed.

>REQ gets its dick cut off

They actually could work together pretty well, but with OMG they could accept crypto and convert it to fiat or anything they want.

This, they will accept crypto when it will make them more money.

nobody’s even mentioned that shit has 40k views and there’s 2 of them on the front page of r/crypto, has anybody checked if niggers are actually tweeting this? i don’t have a twatter lol

There’s a new tweet every 5-8 minutes.

First u don't own 500 btc
Second imagine this:
>u have 1 ETH
>u cash out when 1eth= 1050 $
>next hour ETH moon now 1 ETH = 1500 $
>can u go to exchange and ask for it to return ur 1 ETH for the original price u sold for
The method for paying in crypto is basically cashing out with the removal of fiat

Consumers can make demands by tweeting, I think the wording is fine but the word right really throws it off

Which one should they accept then?
Forget about eth (platform, not currency), ltc (founder dumped), or any btc fork (butthurt from corecucks).
See stripe and steam. They didn't completely reject crypto, they basically called btc a shitcoin. They'd probably be more willing to accept crypto in the future than amazon.
This is chaotic, biggest exchange hack just happened today and baghodlers from all over the world will threaten you if you don't pick their shitcoin (korea ddos weiss ratings).
If >we can't decide on what is a good coin and just create pnds, don't expect big business to.

>he has never lived in a border town

Exchange rates are dictated by the merchant.

I used PayPal back in the day for this exact reason.

Thx

first i do own 500btc pick any coin on binance and whatever price u want as long as its way below its buying price and i'll set up a buy wall with whatever amount of btc i have there, all of u new fags r either pajeets, retarded junkies, kids that know nothing of finance/business, you should all be gun down on the streets you poo in

You're making the assumption crypto and fiat are mutually exclusive. If we adopt blockchain technology it will be slowly over the next two decades. Obviously we're not going to be getting our wages in ETH.

Demand all you want, but you have no right to it

>blabla...money....insult insult...pajeet
U still didn't answer to my point that u were discussing

>accelerating the bubble for a fast 10 bucks instead of milking it for as long as possible
fuck all of you

exactly, WHO THE FUCK IS DOING THIS. WE NEED LOW MARKET CAP FOR ANOTHER YEAR YOU FAGGOTS WE WILL HAVE TENS OF MILLIONS IF WE DO THIS RIGHT NOW STOP TELLING EVERY CUNT ABOUT CRYPTO! Boom, you got told motherfuckers

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

gl with that faggots.

here, have a thought experiment
do you think whales would go out of their way to promote adoption? no, in fact from watching their behavior, they artificially push the price down with sell walls because it is favorable long term
are you smarter than the whales?

>he thinks amazon is going to refund him the same amount of crypto after the price pumps 50% in an hour
You are a fucking brainlet

done

that shit will happen sooner than later buddy, after crypto becomes a widely used format for economics then people will let go of USD value and only look at SAT value instead, you're a newfag if you haven't already thought this would happen

Its not going to happen. Start living in reality. These are glorified penny stocks, treat them as such and leave your new world order bullshit out of it

the only thing this would quicken is them issuing their own coin AMAZON COIN ... oh wait they already have, now they'd just make it applicable for all purchases > get fucked