I just realized Stellar is a real thing

I mainly trade coins based on charts/hype, but stellar is actually a thing. They had the first ICO yesterday, sold out in 2h.

Decentralised exchanges coming. Backed by big companies. No stupid chinese hype FUD. Solid business model. Not run by 25 year olds

I will buy more when we consolidate again

Other urls found in this thread:

stellar.org/stats/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>They had the first ICO yesterday, sold out in 2h.
Not true. There were a few xlm ICOs already.

I see, then first one i heard about and picked up in big media.

same .it just hit me how big xlm will be. i thought it was mostly just a fast currency with a really low sending fee but its much more than that. it's an entire network meaning it's got its own exchange, it's own ICO platform that is very user friendly, it's much more secure than ethereum and has never been hacked like ethereum has. this coins potential is off the charts. easily $1,000 per lumen in 2-3 years

I wanted to move some funds from Kraken to binance for reasons, I sold BTC for XLM, transferred around 20k XLM for a fee of 0.0025(!) XLM and it took like literally 1 minute after the processing started for them to appear.

Regardless of actual platform success or not, just being the "new LTC" without a crazy troll founder for transferring funds super cheap and fast is a thing in itself...

It was never hacked because it does a fraction of what ethereum does.

Finally a real discussion on xlm

Also notice how it acts completely different to the rest of the market. Doesnt even get hit that hard when bitcoin crashes. Thats a wonderful sign. Its on a bit of a roll right now actually, and look at the state of the market

Impossible. Market cap prevents it.

$3-4 max

Still a good return though

I think I’m jumping on the XLM bandwagon because it’s going on Robinhood. I think it will get a boost from normie money.

i like discussions, so let's bring out some countearguments against XLM.

What makes it worse than ETH, EOS or NEO?

A little bit more than that, but surely the liquidity is designed to be that way.

Its #6 market cap right now, absolutely expecting a 1-2 spot in 2018

>high supply coin
even going as high as 2$ is stretching it

For the past few days every fan boy has been saying it’s going to moon. And from the looks of it, it’s stayed the same or has gone down.

>muhfairX
>muh85billionuncirculatedcoins
>muhmoon

Another lame coin

Only it won't be getting traded there m8
Just watchlist

Worse Logo, that's it.

I think if crypto grows as a whole and total marketcaps increase it won't be impossible to see $10 lumens in a few years maybe. I mean, it's the one coin out there now which is really suited to mainstream adoption, $10 would require less than BTC ATH market cap. Not saying it's definitely going to happen but it's far from impossible.

>not understanding solid 3-5% gains per week is better than hype pajeet scams like TRON

Its literally #6 ranked by mcap. That is pretty a pretty serious rise. Dont tell me you go by coin price?

0.5/10 fud, this shits about to blue sky breakout in sats

It needs a total rebrand thats for sure. I actually like the idea that it will get rebranded while being a top 5 coin, will give it yet another leg up (because you simply cannot do worse than its current branding)

GTFO with this retarded meme, newfaggot.

This shit right here man. If they mentioned a rebrand in the roadmap I would have a foreverection.

I'm a stellar holder, but I think it's going to have problems at scale. Think how many transactions per second it would have to push to be the world's largest currency exchange. Maybe up to a half million transactions per second? Honestly no one really knows.

That's why I liked the mention of the lightning network on the road map. But, there is no telling if that'll be enough.

That being said, once real first world banks tokenize dollars/euros on the stellar network it'll just be a matter of time before it replaces BTC as the world's digital store of value. $100 per lumen in 5 years.

great argument dude

stellar.org/stats/

The stellar org owns 70% of the coins and you are literally their bitch . They can dump on you at any time they want and make a nice excuse also (we had to drop the value of this coin so all the poor people from africa can buy them).

Remember there is no mining (those coins already exist and can be put in circulation at any time) and there is 1% inflation per year on top of it. So yea good luck with that.

>mfw there are people on Veeky Forums who don’t understand stellar is just like ripple

Im not going near either of them for the exact same reasons.

>mfw there are people on Veeky Forums who think stellar is just like ripple

>mfw there are people who don't raise eyebrows about them both owning 80%+ of the supply

Vitalik owns like 10-15% of ETH also.

Juto dont FOMO in and you will be alright

>thinking they dump supply to get rich quick when they can get 10x more with tokens, infrastructure and appreciation

if XLM gets to $3, the foundation will be worth more than Ireland.

>I think it will get a boost from normie money.

What? Only BTC and ETH are available, the rest are watchlist only

>being this dumb, ignorant, and naive to even research the project to understand why it has 100billion coins and 1% inflation

its ok it'll take a while for idiots like you to realize this is the new bitcoin. Until then, keep missing out on those gains

market caps in crypto compared to real world don't make sense anyway

Don't think so, especially if there will be no flippening. 4th place is entirely possible though

Huge 1.5mil buy on binance.

68 wall is coming down

The inflation mechanism is retarded. at the very least it should be distributed across each wallet equally.
You have to pool your XLM just to keep your money.

And clearly it hasn't done a good job at "stabilizing" the volatility which is its stated purpose.
There's nothing wrong with having a high supply. There's something wrong with controlling more than 10% of it. XLM is a centralized shitcoin.

I didn't say marketcap. I said the foundation, that's how much money they'd have as one group.

>potato niggers

I see, sorry fellow user

>The inflation mechanism is retarded. at the very least it should be distributed across each wallet equally.
>You have to pool your XLM just to keep your money.

In order to get inflation, you need 52 million lumens. Thats it. If you dont have that, you can make a community pool and garner support. If you dont have 52 million lumens, YOU dont get inflation rewards. Think of it as a minimum requirement for this thing to start pumping all the rewards back to you.

>And clearly it hasn't done a good job at "stabilizing" the volatility which is its stated purpose.

Actually it has, compared to the volalitily of other things in the crypto market. If you think constant pumping and dumping is a problem, we are never away from that problem.

>There's something wrong with controlling more than 10% of it. XLM is a centralized shitcoin.

1) The group is a non-profit, they are barred from doing anything to make profits from their actions. That means that 70 Billion lumens has to properly be distributed to the plans they outlined, which relates to its mandate and future goals (things im pretty sure you havent even read or heard of)

2) They are an authority figure for the time being until enough support and liquidity is on the network so the community can stand on its own 2 feet (something im sure you wouldnt of envisioned because you didnt research the reasoning behind their project other than looking at simple data points)

Ethereum was never hacked, stop this fud.

Yes ETH was never hacked

a Stellar third-party was hacked though not that long ago (2 weeks ago). BlackWallet got hacked and when people logged in their private key was exposed (idiot design desu) and the lumens went right to the hackers wallet.

Buddy stole 600k$ and sent them to Bittrex. No news yet from any sources, im assuming the funds are gone

Vitalik owns 375k eth.

>a Stellar third-party

a Stellar third-party storage WEB-WALLET**

Even before Mobius was SureRemit.
Stellar-based for international money transfers to shithole nations like Nigeria and Central America, except the transfer goes directly to the merchant, utility company, pharmacy, etc rather than being converted at high fees into Niggerbux where it can be stolen by organized crime and/or their 3rd world governments.
Get a nibble of each transfer when the jihadis send their European dole money back home to mama.
Run by Nigerian princes so it will be the darling of the 'banking the unbanked' financial transfer world.
ICO tokens locked to prevent/delay a dump.

They are centralized.

> you dont have 52 million lumens, YOU dont get inflation rewards. Think of it as a minimum requirement for this thing to start pumping all the rewards back to you.
I think of it as a way to ensure only the organization gets to decide where the new money goes. those who own who don't realize the scam (90% of xlm owners keep their XLM in exchanges) get their votes lost, and the org gets more free money.

their "future plans and goals" involve dumping XLM on curryniggers so they can dump their bags on anons, for free.
the organization can't "profit", but the people in the organization can get paid whatever they want with the organization funds

>they need to hold 90% of the funds to "get the community on its feet"
nice. never saw any other coin that succeeded without the owners owning the entire supply

>Actually it has, compared to the volatility of other things in the crypto market.
compared to a nuke, it was only a MOAB! very enticing

lol ok there

>ireland doesnt even have a white paper or smart contracts
SELL!

I don't get this whole market cap meme? If there is a mass transfer of funds out of one coin into another, wouldn't the market cap remain the same in the cyrptomarket, but cause one coin to moon and another to tank? When people mass sell a coin like bitcoin, is that money removed from the cryptomarket?

I really don't get this market cap meme.

> (90% of xlm owners keep their XLM in exchanges)

wtf are u on about? The code was designed in a way so you have to do these steps to get inflation. If you are too illiterate and lazy to get it out of exchange and into your own wallet, then thats your problem

> involve dumping XLM on curryniggers so they can dump their bags on anons, for free.

Was this easier or would u rather have first-time adopters mine 10000s of bitcoins for 'free'?

Would u rather make word-of-mouth community rise together or just give EVERYBODY the chance to make money in an unregulated way? I like the first option because it allows them to steer the community into the right direction

>they need to hold 90% of the funds to "get the community on its feet"

ok its 70% if u really want the correct number, and they are barred from making ANY profits because they are a non-profit in the United States. I dont know how that doesnt make sense to u.

>compared to a scam, this aint that bad!

Yeah usually in crypto, you either make money or lose it. Stellar seems to be the only thing winning m8

God damn you are a fucking moron, read a book.

We're almost at 7d ATH lads!

>non-profit barred from making any profits
that's simply an administrative definition of profits mate... essentially, bullshit.

I disagree. The stellar on stress tests has had 5000 tx/s. Its only limited by the hardware used.

>it's good to have to do work to avoid the XLM foundation tax of 1% per year.
I'll stay lazy, user. Enjoy your shitcoin. And the next 50% dump when the foundation releases their next batch of XLM

thx just sold 100k

Market cap is based on how much money is in crypto. It can increase or decrease based on how much money is put in, but there is a limited amount of money in the market. Bitcoin has a market cap of around 200b with 17m bitcoins circulating and each one is worth $11k. Stellar has 17b in circulations which means that its max price per coin goes down. Stellar is 1/10th the market cap of crypto so if you consider the current price of stellar, the max price with the current market cap can be $0.63 * 10 = $6.30 dollars

>market cap meme

No its essentially illegal if they try u fucking idiot, but u wouldnt have the mental capacity to know such a thing

>implying hes avoiding anything but free money due to his ignorance

lol why would I even bother, you're too ignorant to see free money when its handed to you weekly, for FREE, just by having a wallet linked to inflation address. But hey fk it, whats the point if its going to be worthless in a couple months when the release a 50% BATCH of all lumens

amirite?

>tfw you sold it yesterday to buy back in lower price, and its still goin up

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

It actually does so much more...
And is being used globally and adapted on a much higher scale....

So you're saying because stellar has so many fucking coins in circulation, that it realistically will never moon to bitcoin levels because that would mean it would take a fuck ton of money being pumped into the cryptomarket for it to happen. Ok I think I get it thnx

Nothing is free user. You'll learn it soon enough

It only took about 8 billion dollars to create the current market cap.

Stellar provides inflation... It's basically an equity stock. It's got big money written all over it.

It will be pumped into infinity. Over $1,000. Eventually. It's the only coin to own anymore.

i'm almost cpa eligible... i know exactly what i'm talking about

Sold all mine at 5400 and now it's not going back down. Oh well. I think I'm gonna all in link and come back in a year

You're so fucking dumb. All of you are so fucking dumb.

Was literally the #3 best coin in 2017.
Is literally the best coin in 2018.

I literally wish I could beat the fuck out of your face. You're SO fucking dumb. I cannot believe people like you actually walk the planet. I bet you hate Trump too.

Dumb piece of shit.

You do realise the 1% inflation is increasing the current supply up to the total cap....

And it will take 90 years for entire cap to enter circulation in this manner....

You retarded fuck nugget...

>literally

Should've learned TA. Guess that was a fake waste of time too.

We all make choices. You won't make it.

>im almost not retarded

>Nothing is free user.

Lol if you put your lumens in a wallet thats not an exchange and set up your inflation address, yeah it is free bud

BUY HIGH SELL LOW

true biz

Understand that the market cap ratio of btc/xlm is the level

BTC doesn't fucking matter. It's being phased out. Wake up.

it hasn't broken it's high from yesterday... it's just swinging sideways rn, and it's on the overbought side. You guys are being faggots.

Non-profit corporations do not profit from operations for tax purposes, that does not mean that they do not create or increase in value, my man.

I also do fundamental analysis and this shit should've dumped to 4000 with that road map but this market is ducking retarded

I know man I'm just talking about it realistically. The market cap won't go past the bitcoin high when it dominated the market

yesterdays high on binance was 5799....

thats true user, it was dumping like that then asians made it back without a proper reason...

I'm looking at ETH pairing, that's where most of the buy volume has been, people on BTC are bears.

so tell me, whats bad about this again? Are you afraid some dev is going to run off with millions of lumens? I dont get your concern other than poking at random things

So is it too late to fomo in?

I find it disturbing you have no concern that someone just printed themselves 8 billion dollars.
If I make my own fork of stellar.... will people give me 8 billion, even if I owned 90% of the supply?

Then you literally have zero clue what you're doing and probably are part of the problem of why people think TA is garbage in crypto.

no it's about to go back up buy this dip

>At the genesis of the Stellar Network, 100 billion lumens (XLM) were created as specified in the protocol. As part of its custodial mandate, SDF is entrusted to oversee that the vast majority, 95 billion, of the lumens are distributed to the world.

>SDF manages the execution of lumen distribution, with oversight and direction provided by SDF’s Expansion Board.

>50% for distribution via the Direct Sign-up Program
>25% for distribution via the Partnership Program
>20% for distribution via the Bitcoin Program
>5% held by SDF to support operational costs

>5% held by SDF

5% kept for operation costs. The rest of lumens are given to developers when they LEAVE SDF to create something for the stellar network like many of the developers have already

in 2 hours should be down to 5200 sats, by my look, tell me if i'm wrong.
you are mischaracterizing their non-profit status as having any bearing on the debate. They could do a lot of things to ensure their employees profit largely off of xlm.

that's what they said yesterday

it hit 5170, 30 minutes after midnight my time... faggot.

Im saying that as a non-profit, they legally cant go out using their official position in that non-profit to make money for themselves. Sure they could give some guy more lumens but you are assuming that you know how the organization deals with itself. You are implying that the foundation can't 'ensure' that profits aren't being abused

Ok m8 keep implying, they are bound by a mandate and non-profit status. If they break that, everyone will stop using Stellar. Until then, they're winning m8

Thinking back to comfy days
Before I sold off all my lumees
I saw heaven but was so afraid
When I got there Jed would try to jew me
How can I get back there mommy
How can I be whole again
I need my stack, I want to make it
Please dip I can't take the pain

I'm going to be honest with you, I don't trust 99% of cryptos. Almost none of them have completed even 10% of their roadmaps, this whole market is rabid speculation. It's just like how XRP was supposed to be 'traded by banks' and turned out they had just adopted some technology. My point is just because it's winning doesn't mean it has anything like fundamentals.

and where does the money from those signup programs go?
"5% held by SDF" is misleading, clearly they hold 80% in those distribution programs, where they're selling lumens at market price

its been slowly and very healthily breaking resisting points consistently for the last week, everyday i wake up its 100 sats higher than the last. watch it break all time high and hold without even a whale pump, it will slow climb straight past that point

i looked at this coin when it was 48 cents and could tell it was undervalued. its pricing itself in and you're getting left behind

Oh I know dude, I trusted only a few cryptos in my entire life.

Went from great fundamentals to just being hyped up to roadmaps being delayed and me saying fuck it, all of this shit is a scam

Then I stumbled upon Stellar and my senses start tingling like when I invested in LiteCoin or TenX. Great ideas, but arent ready for the market. The more I read into Stellar, the better I felt.

Truth be told, I got in December for Stellar just before the normie waves came in, right BEFORE XRP mooned, before FairX got shilled on Veeky Forums (I stumbled upon on it on reddit), before people even knew that PBC was shilling this

and honestly, all of that chaotic factors STILL have made this shit strong. From someone who was in crypto for the last year and being in XLM for the last month of this crazy shit, I can tell you that if it can survive what it went through, (not even CNBC or Mcafee cant dump this) 2018 is going to be a golden year for this bad boy

just DYOR