ChainLink

I don't get it.. Someone explain to me why Chainlink is worth investing in?
- No I haven't read the whitepaper.

BUT! First of all, Link is simply a stupid ERC20 token any pajeet can make in a few hours. THIS means, that it's dependent on ETH for ANY transactions made.
Crypto kitties made the whole network slow down like a bitch. Now, what do you fags think will happen if SWIFT used Chainlink for 1000x the transactions of crypto kitties?

It's bound to fail as the network won't be able to handle it AT ALL - Or am I missing something?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MfH1B85YyFU
youtube.com/watch?v=1nmLU284fIk
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=16&v=nMlpTgxKtAY
youtube.com/watch?v=ytv8U0bejPA
youtube.com/watch?v=AfJiRsYpgyc
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=T9R5fpxGeVc
github.com/smartcontractkit/chainlink
chainlink-docs.smartcontract.com/#installation
link.smartcontract.com/whitepaper
hudsonjameson.com/2017-08-06-advising-status-smartcontract/
americanbanker.com/news/the-race-to-connect-smart-contracts-to-the-real-world
paymentweek.com/2017-9-7-previous-chief-scientist-rsa-releases-smart-contract-connectivity-whitepaper-facebook-director-engineering-llvm-creator-joins-chainlink-advisory-board/
febelfin.be/sites/default/files/InDepth/smart-contracts.pd_.pdf
image.slidesharecdn.com/worldeconomicforumtippingpoint2015blockchain41-170330211144/95/world-economic-forum-tipping-points-report-1-638.jpg?cb=1490908469
gartner.com/doc/3698947/cool-vendors-blockchain-applications-
coindesk.com/swift-startup-winner-demos-smart-contract-trade-5-financial-firms/
twitter.com/addyching/status/919995073990979591
crossroadstoday.com/story/36335056/previous-chief-scientist-of-rsa-releases-smart-contract-connectivity-whitepaper-facebook-director-of-engineering-llvm-creator-joins-chainlink
imgur.com/a/UcnTf
create.smartcontract.com/#/contracts/317764c5bf532e8b33572b6e77ae2133
imgur.com/a/uzRH1
factom.com/blog/smartcontract-factom-announce-collaboration
imgur.com/a/Lf6vr
reddit.com/r/LINKTrader/comments/79jyk0/almost_sold_my_linkso_glad_i_stumbled_upon_this/
arijuels.com/)
image.slidesharecdn.com/worldeconomicforumtippingpoint2015blockchain41-170330211144/95/world-economic-forum-tipping-points-report-1-638.jpg?cb=1490908469)
create.smartcontract.com/#/contracts/cc3ea3c76b5a60f171e0eaf223146f34?tab=info)
gartner.com/doc/3698947/cool-vendors-blockchain-applications-)
slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/key/HJglipax9KmMPx)
swift.com/node/39911
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capgemini
www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GAC15_Technological_Tipping_Points_report_2015.pdf#page=24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>have not read the white paper
Kill your self
Sage

Yes, you're missing the fact that development of Ethereum is ongoing and rapid, with clear paths forward for solving the scaling issue and no bureaucratic infighting to stop it.

>No I haven't read the whitepaper

Sage'd

I know this is FUD but it's still true.
Atm there is no fucking reason to be in LINK.
It's all hype and memes.
bump

Yes nailed exactly what you're missing
Ethereum is a hell of a fucking project. Yes transactions/second is low right now but it will be increased dramatically in the near future

ChainLink is a platform and the LINK token can be made by anyone on any blockchain (more or less), true, but only the LINK token created by the SmartContract for use on the ChainLink network will be accepted.

In investing in LINK, you're investing in a fixed scarce resource to be used on a revolutionary platform the likes of which we have never seen before.

The token traffic will go through ETH yes, but token traffic is only staking and node payment. Which is inherently low-intensity, even with hundreds of thousands of nodes.

The actual oracle and smart contract part is off-chain (node's hardware) and/or on-chain on any blockchain or DLT the client wants, Chainlink will not be bound to ETH, at all.

>am I missing something?
More research.

CHAINLINK VIDEOS:
youtube.com/watch?v=MfH1B85YyFU - Sergey Q&A
youtube.com/watch?v=1nmLU284fIk -Interview when he was NXT Secure Asset Exchange CEO, talking about Smart Contracts (2014)
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=16&v=nMlpTgxKtAY - A technical overview of ChainLink, the decentralized oracle platform.
youtube.com/watch?v=ytv8U0bejPA - Ethereum Enthusiasts NYC: SmartContracts.com and Oracles
youtube.com/watch?v=AfJiRsYpgyc -Smart Contracts in Business: Sergey Nazarov
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=T9R5fpxGeVc - What is SWIFT doing in terms of innovation that is new and exciting?
github.com/smartcontractkit/chainlink -the github
chainlink-docs.smartcontract.com/#installation -The ChainLink API documentation.
link.smartcontract.com/whitepaper -Whitepaper (Duh)
hudsonjameson.com/2017-08-06-advising-status-smartcontract/ -an Advisor's thoughts on smartcontracts

americanbanker.com/news/the-race-to-connect-smart-contracts-to-the-real-world American Banker [Financial Publication]
paymentweek.com/2017-9-7-previous-chief-scientist-rsa-releases-smart-contract-connectivity-whitepaper-facebook-director-engineering-llvm-creator-joins-chainlink-advisory-board/ -Previous Chief Scientist Of RSA Releases Smart Contract Connectivity Whitepaper, Facebook Director Of Engineering & LLVM Creator Joins ChainLink Advisory Board
febelfin.be/sites/default/files/InDepth/smart-contracts.pd_.pdf - Capegemini report
image.slidesharecdn.com/worldeconomicforumtippingpoint2015blockchain41-170330211144/95/world-economic-forum-tipping-points-report-1-638.jpg?cb=1490908469 - World Economic Forum
gartner.com/doc/3698947/cool-vendors-blockchain-applications- - Garner Report
coindesk.com/swift-startup-winner-demos-smart-contract-trade-5-financial-firms/ - Barclays, BNP Paribas, Fidelity, Societe Generale and Santander test out Chainlink
twitter.com/addyching/status/919995073990979591 - SIBOS updates
crossroadstoday.com/story/36335056/previous-chief-scientist-of-rsa-releases-smart-contract-connectivity-whitepaper-facebook-director-of-engineering-llvm-creator-joins-chainlink

>No I haven't read the whitepaper.
sage

basically you are a cuck and thats why you should invest in cucklink, the latest and greatest fork for oracle solutions

I noticed a lot of you guys didn't know what ChainLINK would be actually useful for or get too hung up on the "banking" premise that was shilled a lot on Veeky Forums. Let me explain the TRUE merit of ChainLINK.
Bitcoin was the first decentralized currency that was trustless in nature. Ethereum was the first decentralized smartcontract service that was trustless in nature.
ChainLINK is the first "bridge" between real life data and crypto that is decentralized in nature.
What does this mean?
ChainLINK can take real time datastreams like Sensor data/non-crypto financial data such as real time interest rates etc and combine it with smartcontracts.
What this does is create tremendous potential wealth and make businesses possible that weren't possible before ChainLINK existed.
Let's look at the examples of how ChainLINK could be used in real life with one thing that is already confirmed.
A startup called Confido wants to make a payment and delivery system where they will use real time data from the delivery service's sensor system if a package actually arrived or not. When the sensor data confirm that the package is arrived a smart contract will automatically pay the vendor of that package automatically. This type of service would be impossible without ChainLINK if you'd wanted to make it trustless without 3rd party meddling.

Other potential things that could be done ONLY with ChainLINK.
Trustless Gambling Racehorses gets sensors in them whichever reaches the finish line first gets their data send to ChainLINK which then through smartcontract pays out everyone that betted on that horse. Online gambling where the roulette has sensors in every landing place and automatically pays out to whomever betted on that automatically through ChainLINK.
Trustless Insurance,Trustless Warranty When you have a car it could automatically send it's realtime data like speed,GPS position and miles driven to ChainLINK. And it could in real time change your insurance terms based upon your driving behavior and if you crash your car pays out (or not) automatically based on these sensor data without needing a third party.
Same for Warranties. If the sensor data shows the warranty should apply it could automatically pay the party or if it is voided it automatically voids the smartcontract.
Connecting all currencies ChainLINK can actually be used to link different currencies such as dollar,euro,yen with all different cryptocurrencies and each other. Because you can input real data into it you could make it so that banks could "lock in" things like "Bank A coin=$5" and based upon how much other coins are worth in real time feeded to ChainLINK would make it possible to buy "Bank A coin" with ALL different cryptocurrencies even though they only accept dollars.

I simply bought link to join the ranks of the greatest army to be present on this board.

Last but not least
New bank shattering application You know when you pay for something and you don't want to use your creditcard because of fees? So you go and do a wire transfer straight from your bank to another one.
But then you usually have to wait a couple of days or even a week if it's international and you are unlucky.
Well. ChainLINK is the solution to that. A bank (or third party application) could just feed the information from Bank A that you made a wire transfer to Bank B. And then through ChainLINK combining that data with a smart contract Person that has Bank B account gets paid that money immediately and so the vendor/friend/whatever that uses Bank B knows that he got paid even though he hasn't received the money yet and thus can give the guy from Bank A his goods/whatever immediately. Thus cutting out Creditcards/Wire transaction time and everything WITHOUT having to use cryptocurrency per-se as the end user.
THIS is why LINK is the most talked about coin on Veeky Forums since ETH. Because it'll be a game changer.Sure you can say "There is no guarantee it will be adopted" or "Why won't every of those businesses not just program their own solution".
But I could say the same thing about ETH "What if smartcontracts won't get adopted?" "Can't companies not just program their own smartcontract services?"
The answer is NO. Because the value is added due to it being DECENTRALIZED. There is no third party that can meddle with the transaction. It's all real time based on sensor or other outside information which gives security to the users.
I hope some of you understand the potential of LINK some more right now.

PARTNERS:
Here are some names of companies that ChainLink is working with, or at the VERY least has contacts with.

SWIFT: This one should be obvious to everyone by now. They just gave a working demo for SWIFT at SIBOS. They even state on the smartcontract website that they are indeed WORKING WITH SWIFT. The cheeky bastards even have SWIFT subtely underlined, as shown here:
imgur.com/a/UcnTf

SONY & AXA: We all know who SONY is. Axa is the largest holder of financial derivatives in the world. It's a trillion dollar market. All three parties have signed a smart contract that deals with varying levels of insurance coverage depending on firewall uptime on May 9th 2016, viewable here:

create.smartcontract.com/#/contracts/317764c5bf532e8b33572b6e77ae2133
imgur.com/a/uzRH1

FACTOM: Factom and ChainLink have been working together since 2016. You can view Factom's announcement about it here:

factom.com/blog/smartcontract-factom-announce-collaboration
imgur.com/a/Lf6vr

reddit.com/r/LINKTrader/comments/79jyk0/almost_sold_my_linkso_glad_i_stumbled_upon_this/

copypasta. dont buy link if you like money

Ari Juels is a faculty member at the Jacobs Institute at Cornell Tech. He co-authored
this work in his separate capacity as an advisor to SmartContract ChainLink Ltd., in
which he has a financial interest. In 2004, MIT’s Technology Review Magazine named Dr. Juels one of the world’s top 100 technology innovators under the age of 35. Computerworld honored him in its “40 Under 40” list of young industry leaders in 2007. He has received other distinctions, but sadly no recent ones acknowledging his youth. - (arijuels.com/)
Chainlink was selected by the World Economic Forum's Tipping Point report as the "Shift in Action" for Smart Contracts, for their work on allowing smart contracts in the Bitcoin network to be automatically triggered by external data. -
(image.slidesharecdn.com/worldeconomicforumtippingpoint2015blockchain41-170330211144/95/world-economic-forum-tipping-points-report-1-638.jpg?cb=1490908469)

Chainlink is partnered with Cornell's IC3, to help launch the first Intel SGX secured link between smart contracts and external data. This more secure way of running an oracle is the future and they're glad to be moving it forward.
(create.smartcontract.com/#/contracts/cc3ea3c76b5a60f171e0eaf223146f34?tab=info)

Chainlink has been chosen as a 2017 Blockchain Applications Cool Vendor by Gartner. This validates the value that CTOs and CIOs see in our more secure approach to connecting smart contracts with critical external resources. - (gartner.com/doc/3698947/cool-vendors-blockchain-applications-)

Chainlink is presently working with SWIFT on their own SWIFT Smart Oracle. Allowing smart contracts on various networks to make payments, send governance instructions, and release collateral with over 11,000 banks. - (slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/key/HJglipax9KmMPx)

>lead dev threatens to quit over memes
>a mature and responsible project valued at hundreds of billions of dollars

SWIFT's premier blockchain project consists of two main pillars:
1) Distributed Ledger Tech or DLT (basically a blockchain)
2) Smart contracts

Smart contracts are meant to bridge the gap between external data and blockchains.

SWIFT is pretty far along with the first pillar (DLT), but has nothing at all yet for smart contracts; except for Smartcontract.com/Chainlink of course.

The "gpi" thing in OP's pic is a global payments initiative, and the third phase of gpi also involves DLT and related options.
This may very well include Smartcontract.com/Chainlink, of course; but the partnership is still in its infancy.

>SWIFT's premier blockchain project consists of two main pillars:
Source: swift.com/node/39911

Very first line of that SWIFT document:
>Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) and Smart Contracts (SC) promise to transform automation in the financial industry, and are generating huge interest amongst financial institutions and technology providers.

Nicely outlines the two main parts as listed above: (1) DLT and (2) Smart Contracts.

Massive consulting firms like Capgemini are devoting entire reports to smart contracts, specifically mentioning Smartcontract.com (= Chainlink) and Sergey Nazarov by name as the sole smart contract solution that can use external data thanks to oracles.
Source: febelfin.be/sites/default/files/InDepth/smart-contracts.pd_.pdf

Excerpts:
>Sometimes, external inputs such as prices, performance, or other real-world data may be required to process a transaction, and oracle services help smart contracts with inputs such as these.

>Smart contracts will also need to be able to work with trusted external data sources if they are to utilize external information. Smart contracts can achieve this with the help of oracles – programs providing smart contracts with the data they need from the external world or carrying the commands they need to send to other systems. Sergey Nazarov, Cofounder and CEO, smartcontract.com – a startup specializing in building oracles – outlines how connectivity with real-world data will be key.

If you don't know what Capgemini is: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capgemini

Back in 2015 the World Economic Forum also mentioned smartcontract(s).com by name:www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GAC15_Technological_Tipping_Points_report_2015.pdf#page=24

Insider here. Bad news are coming next week. In other words, the project is over. I spoke with Sergey yesterday, he was visibly depressed, heartbroken even. Felt sorry for the guy. I won't disclose any more info, for I don't wish to get doxxed. Do with this information what you will.

god can you stop posting your retarded analysis of link in every thread? No link api will be tying into a shitty sensor of confido to track your package. We dont need blockchain for that gay shit. Please fuck off. Chainlink is for serious data to provide to smart contracts.

By the way, Assblaster is fraud. Had a good laugh with Sergey when I mentioned him last week.

Link is the financial incentive for humans to invest in Chainlink the protocol/infrastructure, which is going to become the probabilistically self correction sensory neurons of our soon to be global AI overlords. Not joking, this is going to happen, we have 20 years tops.

You must have a shitload of bags to dump to be shilling this hard. Praying for you user

everytime I see a good LINK, I BUY more

>calling a readme.txt a whitepaper

token traffic is independent of oracle processing speed.

Delete this