Stock market crash

Is DOW in a bubble right now? If the stock market crashed, would investors flee over to bitcoin or would bitcoin crash with it?

>would investors flee over to bitcoin
Gold.

Of course many would turn to gold yes, but since bitcoin is now well known it wouldn't be too far fetched to believe some would move over to bitcoin, unless the recent crash scared everyone off

mmmmmhhh...

Crypto is super volatile, why would you flee to something so risky in a down market? More likely they would move their money to treasury bonds and defensive stocks.

Someone that was feeling super ambitious would go maybe 5% into crypto.

I'm thinking the current increase in partly because of the internet. Part of the masses might panic and invest in bitcoin without thinking it through

The fuck are you comparing a 1 year chart with a chart going back to the 80s?

my Uncle Hyman just showed me this chart.... why hasn't anyone showed me this yet?!?

btc growth is faster
maybe its a hidden mega stable success pattern

Crypto goes up when the market seems like it's stagnating. Plenty of people want gains, not protection.

If the stock market crashes crypto will suffer way more in the short term. We could easily see sub 1k BTC. But in the long term it provides the perfect platform to launch the crypto revolution and abolish the corrupt world banking system.

>Part of the masses might panic and invest in bitcoin without thinking it through

I mean, Veeky Forums did in a bull market, so you could be right.

I don't buy it. If you're taking heavy hits from stock trading the last thing you're likely to do is double down on something risky.

I suppose I could be wrong though.

When the economy tanks, and people need liquidity, cryptos will completely collapse.

Bitcoin was born in the aftermath of the recession. When people distrust financial systems, they start looking for alternatives like crypto.
Crypto will likely follow stocks if a legitimate crash happens, but interest in crypto will only grow stronger afterwards.

This guy gets it

I wish the market would crash. About to start investing for retirement.

Or possibly a crypto bubble during the stock crash resulting in a following crypto crash?

>We could easily see sub 1k BTC

What happened in 2016 that made it go basically exponential?

Trump

Yep. The goal is risk reduction at that point... not moving your money to an even more risky instrument.

We just made it past the first sell off. Get in now while it's low.

Its not going to collapse if Trump is crowned King for life

I mean... as a guy that knows a lot of large investors, they are all expecting a correction soon.
As always investors will flock to gold, silver and whatever and no, I don't think for a second that investors will flock to crypto.. I actually think people will pull their money away from cryptocurrencies to a safe heaven (actual metals that exists with real value) until it all blows over.

After the correction though, that's the interesting part. People will re-invest when the correction is over and crypto's might be in their list of re-investments, which might spike the prices all over the market.

Treasury bonds are not the safe haven it was in the past, at least for the US of A.
Go ahead invest in worthless gov bonds that the Feds barely pay up in current times

No idea.

what is dow even means in this sense. i know the dow theory but not the dow stocks

Why won't boomer wallstreet just stay the fuck away from crypto

They literally ruin everything they touch

Well yes most will flee to liquid assets (especially gold) but I'm thinking some less seasoned investors might buy bitcoin in the panic even if crypto crashes shortly after

Don't be a retarded teenager. No one is running to fake Internet money as a safe-haven from economic collapse.

At least not at first.

DOW is just another shitcoin. Don't worry about it user

biz is filled with low IQ 15 year olds. they're not investors

The stock market is filled with speculators too

>What happens to crypto in the event of a stock market crash?

I've got a couple of family members who works in investment banks, and a couple of friends, one of whom is a quant. They all, except one, believe that in the event of a stock market crash, cryptocurrencies will be used as a safe haven for a lot of people, despite the opposite seeming like the most logical path.

but at least they have IQ greater than 15

If so, based on this thread I'm thinking stock investors fleeing to crypto will drive up the prices while current cryptoholders will flee to liquid assets causing crypto to crash as well. Initially up then crash.

The people I spoke with thought it was the other way around, with a crash followed by a massive surge. The initial reaction of crypto investors during a stock market crash would be to assume that crypto would also crash, leading to a sell-off.

Meanwhile stock investors would be moving their funds onto crypto exchanges, which takes several days, as opposed to a simple sell-off, which takes hours.

>Is DOW in a bubble right now
Yes

>If the stock market crashed
>If
When*. This will be in 2019/2020 btw. Understand why?

>would investors flee over to bitcoin or would bitcoin crash with it?
No. The BTC bubble is from excess money in the economy. Luckily for us it will continue soon. Just make sure you sell by 2019.