Reminiscences of a Stock Operator

only true Veeky Forumsiness men have read this book

"Speculation is a hard and trying business, and a speculator must be on the job all the time or he'll soon have no job to be on."

nobody here will read it that hasn't already, most just want to throw their savings at the first shitcoin with they lay eyes on and cross their fingers knowing they will kill themselves if ot doesnt work out.

shill me

I live in a big Canadian city and the waitlist is pretty long for that book.

They should make a movie about Jesse Livermore. It would be absolute kino.

didn't he kill himself in the end?

Seconded. This is the headspace you should be in even though it's fictional

WHAT IS THE BEST STOCK TRADING MOVIE GUYS?

he did, very interesting man

“The sucker has always tried to get something for nothing, and the appeal in all booms is always frankly to the gambling instinct aroused by cupidity and spurred by a pervasive prosperity. People who look for easy money invariably pay for the privilege of proving conclusively that it cannot be found on this sordid earth.”

yea lost it all in '29. im sure a lot of people killed themselves then too. funny thing is that in the book he lost it all like 3 times.

Wall Street

kindle

>Wall Street
damn that's my favorite

I've read
>Trading methodologies of W.d. Gann
>Advanced Charting Techniques for high probability trading
>trading with oscillators
>ading from Your Gut: How to Use Right Brain Instinct & Left Brain Smarts to Become a Master Trader
>Digital signal analysis

Need more books to read, will look at PS book

sounds like you've covered the technical side of trading.

this is really a story about how to make BIG money:

There is nothing new in Wall Street. There can't be because speculation is as old as the hills.

Whatever happens in the stock market to-day has happened before and will happen again.

the definitive stock trading movie

technical analysis in multiple timeframes - brian shannon
the mental game of poker - jared tendler
how i made 2 million in the stock market - nicolas darvas
god.pdf - wolong

what about books by people who actually made and kept a fortune from the stock market?

boring

what did you think of The Big Short? not about stock but still wall street

Human behavior, and specifically the characteristics which are displayed by humans in financial markets, is just as interesting a study as what Graham writes about in that book.

Livermore is the original rags to riches financial market story of the Western world. He started from nothing and returned to nothing. His story is fulled with lessons that will apply to all time periods, because markets are operated by humans, and humans tend to not change their behaviors, which are underlined by fear and greed.

I thought The Big Short was great

Short everything he's touched!

this is important because in crypto no one quite knows what the fundamentals of it are yet. Market cap? Transactions? Hash rate?

Whereas you can instantly trade on the knowledge of human emotions which cause trends to over extend themselves in both directions

Great book. Applies just as much in crypto today as it did in the 20s.

"They say you never go broke taking profits. No, you don’t. But neither do you grow rich taking a four-point profit in a bull market."

"It never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It always was my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight! It is no trick at all to be right on the market. You always find lots of early bulls in bull markets and early bears in bear markets. I've known many men who were right at exactly the right time, and began buying or selling stocks when prices were at the very level which should show the greatest profit. And their experience invariably matched mine--that is, they made no real money out of it. Men who can both be right and sit tight are uncommon."

haha the piece of shit CDO manager
Carell was awesome
I say when we sell!!!

So he's saying to be right in your timing the market, but don't try to be a day trader?

You can get any book printed on demand, contact a print manufacturer. Don’t know any in Canada but someone is printing these books, they will run just one. Expect to pay double the retail price though

t. nocoiner

>Security Analysis
>Den of Thieves
>This Time is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly
>When Genuis Failed: The Rise and Fall of Long-Term Capital Management
>The Snowball
>Godel, Escher, Bach (this one is just funsies, not related to finance, markets, or investing)

He started out as a tape reader/day trader and made pretty good money with it. But he made the big money (today's equivalent of billions iirc) by predicting the large market moves and buying and holding.

Yea pretty much. the money is in the BIG moves and most people hope their loss will turn around and fear their profit will drop. patience is needed on the profit side:

"Instead of hoping he must fear; instead of fearing he must hope. He must fear that his loss may develop into a much bigger loss, and hope that his profit may become a big profit."

he practically describes the nocoiner back then as the "average man" or "sucker"

I personally don't think people involved in crypto are ignorant of the tech behind the coins they hold, it's just that so much money is flowing in and out of crypto that it just gets treated as purely an object of speculation. Not that I have a problem with that.

*coins/tokens

It's also not entirely a bad thing even if it is just treated as speculation, because inevitably concepts, which wouldn't have otherwise gotten any sort of funding, may now get some of the money they need.

bitconnect? agree to disagree.

All i see these days is that crypto has become another way to raise money for tradition businesses.

I haven't seen a single coin that get's me hard like BTC or ETH did

Haven't actually looked much into what happened with bitconnect, but of course there's probably gonna be some misleading going on.

Simple pyramid scheme.
That's all.

Says it all. $10 now

one nocoiner yet penny stock gambler friend of mine finally started to open to the idea of buying some coins. his ideas were:

- Bitconnect
- Ripple

I see middle aged man asking for bitcoin gold on my country's fiat-to-crypto exchange twitter

>penny stock gambler
Well I suppose they’re right up his alley, complete with all the risk you expect from penny plays.
I can’t understand why people won’t make core positions in large caps before gambling on micros any time they enter a new market. His picks wouldn’t be that bad if he simply added a top five to the list

>cant understand
same man