Normies mining

Now that every normie and his mom is mining should I sell all my gpus? What do you guys think?

nah. they will most likely have no idea how to tweak the overclock and power settings. not to mention they literally bought high in the gpu market. wait for them to realize its not going to print them money and buy their gpu bags for yourself.
i see no risers
i see 4 motherboards
no psu
no hdds/usb
no cpus
no ram
I dont think they thought that one through desu

I might be a normie newpal, but wouldn't it take them a lot of mining time just to break even on this, especially considering the electricity costs? I get that they'll probably try to resell the cards at some point, or if they're assholes they'll try to bring them back to the store on the last possible day for returns, but wouldn't it likely have been more profitable and simply, well, easier to just use that money to actually buy cryptos?

I'm mining on an old graphic card since over a month now, and I made like $50. I would have to mine over a year to make up the price of the card, and that's with free electricity. Are those multi-gpu rigs that profitable enough to mine with that it makes sense to just buy a bunch of them off the shelf?

honestly, short term if u bought these a year or more ago, sell second hand now for more than u bought them for. Hopefully u got what u wanted out of them. I just sold 5 used R9 380s for like nearly $400 each that I bought nearly 2 years ago and I'm happy. Mining difficulty is only getting worse. I was only netting like $280 a month after electricity. Already got my ROI a while back.

I have a 1080ti and I make almost $10 a day. You If you have a rig with dual 1080ti's, you can add an extra 7k on to your annual income. It's not bad.

>Involving your significant other in your business ventures

Oh boy is this neckbeard in for a world of hurt.

>Not realizing top of post says couple
Op = Normie Faggot

Such a cringeworthy facebook post. Don't tell people you're into crypto you retards. Kill yourselves

>using a gpu to mine bitcoin in 2018
Topkek

It's too fuckin hot where I am to mine atm, I'm always worried I'll come home to a melted house and I only make around $8 a day with my setup

they probably use nicehash, getting paid in btc but not actually mining btc.

What do you mine?

What program do you use to mine btc? I also have a 1080ti

It's more profitable than I thought then (for reference, I was using an old 970). If those gamers are pissed that miners buy all the graphic cards, then they should just accept to pay a premium and set them to mine whenever they're not using them.

always sell the top man. GPU's are totally in a bubble. Sell them off now while they're hot.

Search what to mine.

Don't.

I think only people in the field are mining.
Relax, there is still plenty of gold for every miner.

Although I have my rigs up for sale for ridiculous prices just in case

one of my normie friends got into crypto in 2016 and his normie friend got in last year. now all I here about is his friends MINING RIG and ARB bot. id like to call bullshit on it all because I know how tough mining is. but I haven't had the opportunity to review the set up or get details. its all hype.

so can anyone estimate how much money a normie might make a month with a normie GPU previously used for gaming? lets assume he bought the most normie high end GPU for gaming a year ago. cause that's about all Im privy to

No, wait until the hype dies down. Buy high sell low. This is very basic trading 101

That's 39 1080tis and 2 1070s...

So... @ 250 watts / card that's roughy 10 kw.

One 15 amp circuit @ 110v = 1650 watts, but you can only reliably pull 80-90% of that. Let's say 1500 watts / circuit.

That means they can build one 5 card rig per circuit. 1250 watts + mobo / fans / etc.

They'll need 10 110v 15a circuits to build out those rigs.... Which means they'll basically need to get an entirely new 200a electric service piped into wherever they're locating the equipment. Have fun with that.

Mining is actually very profitable right now due to the recent BTC price pump and relative alt-pump that followed. My mining operation (24x 1070ti, 24x 1060, 12x 570) is producing $200+/day and by Baikal Giant B is adding another $70 on top of that. Energy consumption, total, is around 8.6 kW, which means my hourly power cost us about ~$2.00. Means I'm bringing profit of about $220/day from mining currently. Not bad for something that's 100% passive.

if they got it from microcenter (as long as it was last week or earlier), then they'll make $2-300 on each card just flipping it on ebay.

so even if they dont setup a full mining rig, they'll be making bank. well done by them.

I live in Portugal and I can take 10kw off my wall with kust tri-phasic
(I have it because of my dad's gay nissan leaf)

lel I already see several normies trying to sell off the gpus they bought from a few weeks ago

So only 20 years to pay off the GPUs?

About a buck per day if they know what to mine

im talking a single GPU for him so good for you but I got my answer

the ROI time for gpus bought at MSRP (e.g., $600 for 1080, $750-850 for 1080ti) is somewhere between 4-7 months - depending on market obviously.

thanks

It's not like they can't just find a youtube tutorial or 50 to hold their hands through the process. Just because they're normies doesn't mean they're drooling retards.

In the perfect scenario you mine a coin for as much as $5-10 a day with a single GPU that you originally bought for gaming and then the coin moons so the $5-10 becomes $500-1000 a day. Very hard to get in practice but we can all dream.

Two plah two is foah minus one daz three
QUICK MATH

Graphic cards are what the shovel business was for the gold rush

So if I were to start out mining nowadays, what would I buy?... or is everything too over priced? What makes this a bubble exactly, as in, what would bring the price down?

>normies doesn't mean they're drooling retards.

wrong you know little of normies

btw I'm making half you make with a quarter of the value (4rigs and 3 s9s, considering I got my antminers at 1200usd)

Should have gone the vega way bby

How do you buy those at reasonable prices ?

camp out at stores and wait for their shipment to arrive and then buy everything.

i used to feel bad for cucks like him, but they always tow the roastie line so they deserve their suffering

vegas are too juicy, run a bunch of 56's, flashed them to 64's and run 40MH/s on each
plus i also have S9s as well that i bought at 1500 USD

My mining rig cost my $5000 in the first month i made $2000 lel but mainly cos xvg price spike. I got cards for $450 now they are worth $600 second hand. Go figure.
I bet all the ppl mining eth/btc etc at a loss didn't believe in the technology at all and were just doing it to haemorrhage money..... The real OG HODLers are the miners who run at a loss for months to years to realise gains.

How do the antminers fair tho do you get a nice return on a fay value?

I'm out of pocket about 21k. How did you build 4 rigs for 1.4k? The 570 rigs completely ROI'd in July and are how I got into crypto. The 1060s I literally bought with shitcoins. Like.. dude wanted the shitcoin and wanted to sell GPUs. It was perfect. The 1070tis I bought via Newegg. I'm mostly into mining for speculation... I can accumulate a fuck ton of new coins and then wait for winners. For instance... I made $5,000 mining Bulwark in a couple days.

Vega are nice for basically 1-2 algos. No thanks. NVDA are fantastic because of how versatile they are.

GPU ROI is currently about 100 days. I pay for all of my shit up front with with cashed-out crypto. Gotta figure out a way to offset my income somehow.. and I'm mining at a scale that's sufficient to be a business enterprise so every $1 I spent on mining rigs / equipment / etc is $1 that isn't subject to tax.

Lol let those normies reckt themselves with radiations and huge electric bills. A good rig need constant updates and maintenance.

Smart money bought NEO and now earning GAS like there's no tomorrow.

I convert my monthly GAS earnings to buy more NEO. Since last year.

The result? $7000/mo in GAS when GAS hits $70.

There are many ways to make money passively and mine after tons of trials and errors is investing in NEO to get GAS.

they run very well and are earning me quite a bit, i can expect my ROI to be done in 3-4 months (but I also ordered four S9s and sold 1 on ebay for profit to cover part of my expenses)
i took my first months BTC earnings and spent it on newegg GPUs before they sold out lol

If you are paying for electricty then invest in hydro/solar power. Ive got 10k solar setup with batteries so there is no electricity cost and this setup was in place before mining was considered. I want to go mainly hydro so i rely less on batteries as they are nearing the end of their life cycle

Nice trips but you cant be serious. Speculative mining has made me 6 figures in 2017. Cost $5k off 1 rig. Yep pay 130 bucks to make .001 gas a day. Ive got 100 neo btw just like mining and actively supporting coins i believe in

GPUs have a good margin of safety of you buy them at regular price/on sale. But of course if you are a retard and buy now I have no sympathy.

Nice. I was thinking about dropping my ven profits on a stack of antminers. Im over day trading i prefer mining. With the antminers how many algos do they work with?

BTC, BCC, ZEC, SIAcoin but there may be more that i am not aware of
mining has always been the best way to get crypto since it has the least risk (less potential for stupid crazy gains but also less risk that you lose everything since you can recoup costs by selling the hardware)

plus you can "speculate" with your mining gear by switching over to some alt coins in hopes that they moon.

>buying 1080ti which was already overpriced at even higher prices
>not drooling retards

So anything that is equihash then. Alright might stick with nvidia as i like the cuda cores versatility

I have two AMD based mining rigs, got in before the insanity. Have 17 gpus and I've done a fair amount of research. From what I can tell on antminers, do not buy them unless you can get on the very first orders. They are so good at what they do, they spike the difficulty and by the time you get even the second orders they have dropped in profitability bigtime. That's why you see people in videos shilling for them and fake reviews on websites selling them etc.

topkek

This guy has no fucking idea what he's talking about.

Bitmain S9 = SHA256 - BTC/BCC / Shitcoins
Bitmain L3+ = SCrypt - LTC / Shitcoins
Bitmain A3 = Blake2B = Sia

Nobody makes a fucking ZEC ASIC. You need GPUs for that (nvidia preferred).

I bought a batch 1 gen 1 Baikal Giant B. Making $90/day with it. I bought 2 batch 1 gen 1 Bitmain A3s. Just sold one for more than the cost of both of them.

correct

so by OP's pic this guy would be making approx $360 a day from mining?

damn

Should I mine with my r290x? Don't use it much for gaming, but concerned that power cost might be higher than yield.

True cheers bro will defs stick to nvidia (resale value is too good)

So zec relies on cuda core to work? So i think ill get ab L3+ cos im into my lyra2 x17 type shitcoin mining

why didnt these people just fucking put all that $$$$ in xlm back in dec?. fucking idiots.
HURR imma buy cards and resell them to make $200. fucking pussies, takes balls to play this game. do these people even fucking research?

IDK about Microcenter, but Frye's Electronics has stopped doing returns on GPU's (only exchange for another GPU). I'm mining on a old r9 290 making about 3 dollars a day. I got some money for a 1080ti, but I wanted to save and do some other upgrades too, but now they are too expensive and out of stock everywhere.