Nignog

anyone find it interesting that the biggest hack in crypto happened 24 hr ago and the market barely bat an eyelid? 500 million USD + of peoples money evaporated... what will the ramifications of this be to Japan's crypto ecosystem? they were supposed to be the chosen ones ....

this is good for bitcoin

what the fuck happened

nobody ever gives a shit about nem. Of course the market didn't care

Japanese exchange got hacked.

mtgox wasn't even this much money and it fucked the cryptospace for a while, i get that the eco system is completly different but you would think the sentiment of the market would be effected if people see hundreds of millions of dollars being compromised in a hack like that

>Biggest crypto hack in history and the market doesn't even budge
>BTC short contracts end and the market doesn't budge

FUCKING DO SOMETHING. I'M TIRED OF SIDEWAYS BULLSHIT.

ya its kinds messed up. but in terms of quantity of coins as a share of total market cap, i think its lower then mtgox.

with that said, you'd think there would be some kind of market reaction. maybe there will be long term chilling effects in japan as a result? who the fuck knows, its crypto.

>he thinks news are the cause instead of the effect of market movement
You guys will never make it.

It was a large percentage of the whole market though at the time with mt gox. This is just so small in comparison.

$500M is nothing in a $500B market cap economy

Also the fact that it happened to a nobody coin in Japan made people care even less

also, start looking at rpviacy coins to see if these stolen coins start getting laundered

XMR

I don't get how u lose the coins forever they should be able to blacklist the wallet it was transferred to

this pretty much, wtf is nem how have it survived for so long in top 10 and what does it do.

t. I won't dyor that old shitcoin

>hack exchange
>steal the heaviest bags

Literally why, NEM is beyond shit

This. The equivalent in today's climate would be a hack of 250b worth of coins.

The funny thing is that people were tweeting about the transfers in the public ledger as it happened. The Japs ignore it until the next day. Hahahahaha

thats exactly what they did, they basically quarantined the wallet so the funds cant be spent. however theyre not retrievable so the exchange has to make up for the lost funds somehow through their own assets. if anything this takes out a decent portion of the NEM supply permanently out of circulation, which who knows what that means for market forces.

source?

did guy on left commit seppuku?

Literally. Nothing. Crypto is lit, anything that gets in the way becomes roadkill news in 1 day.

I told you two weeks ago the influx of new money would cancel out any semblance of a crash.

Biggest hack in the history of the world.

Its on tweeter, people thought it was a whale.

can you link it? im not gonna dig through twitter to look for that lol

They were only nominally worth 500m... even if they were never stolen they could never be sold for anything close to that value.

Remember, yakuza loves crypto.

Dumb question, but given what little I understand of blockchains, shouldn't it technically be even easier to track cryptos than serial numbers on fiat bills, or am I misunderstanding something fundamental here?

but muh proof of importance

Some of it, yeah. What do you do though when they slowly sell it off for privacy coins over a prolonged period? All you can see is that it went into those privacy coins, with a torrent of other unrelated investment.

Since it happened in Japan nobody really cares about it. That's why the market didn't react much.

With the help of ripple they got the xrp back.

omffffffffffffffffffg