Why do you hold high caps?

Why do people hold high caps? I understand the belief for long-holds, but most of you fuckers go on biz and look at crypto on a daily basis. There's more potential for growth and money in trading mid/lowcap coins. I'm not talking day trading, but flipping every few days or weeks after gains and reinvesting.

This does not apply to people who buy, shut off their delta and don't want to watch their portfolio daily, for them I understand the appeal of low risk high caps.

Please educate me.

im still buying/hedging ethereum even though i have 4900 of them. At the same time im buying a dozen other coins too. Most of them high cap.

most of the coins i see with 30mllion or 90million caps are usually scams/garbage.

Stop user, low cap coins are my last hope in making it. If Norman starts looking there it's all over.

Let them digest the top 10-20 a bit longer. Outside the top 200 is astronauts only.

high caps have an active and good working community, that means they will even face recession very well and have a higher chance of getting established as exchange currencies

Most, some arent, same for ICOs
Even if they are shit (not true scams, but nothing notable) a bit of rumour and news and they pump, at which point you don't get greedy and sell on, and a pump on a low cap is much more significant in % gains most of the time.

>Why do you hold high caps?
because i am looking at the 5 year timeframe, not the three month.

I hear this, but coins only available on places like ED seem to hold value pretty well through dips, probably due to being inaccessible to normies who shit the bed and sell when the market dips 15%.

High cap coins are a far safer bet. Yeah, a low cap coin or ICO could moon your money, and it seems easy right now as almost every little shitcoin gets its pump, but there has been and will be coins (and times) where that isnt the case and you just lose everything.

Large cap coins are much safer than that, but still move a lot more than traditional investments.

Yes, but are you checking your portfolio frequently and researching cryptos in general? If so, your argument makes no sense. If you're buying, holding, and not looking at the market as a whole, then fair enough.

Because if market fucks me over i have more confidence that i eventually see green candles when i hold monero and ethereum.

It doesn't make any sense desu
You gotta wait a looong time to get a x2 by holding eth or even neo/xmr/all that crap
You need to buy underground stuff, if you buy the top 10 you gonna get baby gains
People telling you to buy eth and hold are people who got in during the ico

my nibba, i have been hodling XMR last 2 months. down a lot but i haven't even flinched

we are all here for the memes user. this is the most hype industry ever

That was during a period of exponential growth, going from

kek. a ROI of 6200x.
Invest 20k in top 20 become a millionaire after one year.

Correct. Look at little shitcoins like JEW and see how it mooned. Literally 20x in two weeks.

It depends how big your portfolio is desu. I was playing with small cap coins but now that I've made it to a million I generally stick to bigger coins and just dabble in select ICOs on the side. Liquidity becomes an issue with small coins and big coins are lower risk and even just a 50% gain is big money for me.

When your portfolio reach big amounts you want to lower your risk exposure. Plus you tend to stay with the coins who made you rich (btc and xmr personnaly) where you feel you are part of the community. Also with experience you have seen A LOT of coins mooning from nowhere into the top 10 and then sinking slowly and disapear. I am not interested in holding those. Also experience makes you know what are real good tech, devs and community, and what is empty viral marketing. 90% of coins shilled on /biz won't make it.

Risk aversion retard.

Coz they draw the normie money

coz some are legitimate projects and more bubble proof

coz Market Cap is an illusion

Totally agree, which is why I'm saying flip these low cap risky coins when they do 'moon' and reinvest - either bulk out your 'sure thing' type high caps or into other low caps with unachieved potential. The first point is literal confirmation bias - you get a coin, you make nice gains, you visit the sub on reddit where everyone is jerking each other off and reassuring themselves through dips - look at XRB - people could have got out at over 20 USD then jumped back in at a lower price but wouldn't, because thy become zealots. I think it's hard to step back sometimes.

Other than ven recently, which only managed with a high managed stream of very good news, what high cap coins generally don't dip/stall when the market in general dips, like yesterday?

ICX has been a comfy hold, it's been stagnant during the dip which is a decent result and is perfectly positioned to blast off with upcoming developments.

Fair, my only two high caps are VEN and ICX desu, too much good news coming out to ignore, but they only make up about 10% each.

>afraid of risk
Not gonna make it

Newfag here but I find VEN, WTC and XLM to be comfy as fuck to hold. Great room for growth and typically in the green.

SELL YOUR PFR

I'm about 75% in those two, but then I only need to multiply my portfolio a few times to retire well off.

When did you get in and with how much?

Wow you are a piece of shit aren't you. How many of those billions are in scamcoins. Bitconnect just recently tanked and took 5 billion market cap with it. The real worth of the total space is a lot lower than what is advertised on coinmarketcap. Market cap is a meme, and you need to kill yourself.

I do this. Even though 90% of my portfolio is btc / xmr I make some very nice trades with shitcoins occasionally (eg xrb I made a x16). But I also have some heavy bags and take some losses. I don't care, I am just comfy on a 5 years timeframe that btc and xmr will be way ahead.

I started in crypto in August right before the China FUD (timing sucked) and injected 40k into over a couple of months. At 900k now and was 1.3m at ATH.

>doesn't understand economics
>doesn't understand how to read top 15 market cap vs remaining marketcap
good luck senpai, you'll need it.

Just incase you genuinely are too retarded to figure it out, the top 15 make up 80% of the total marketcap.