Why do a lot of successful businessmen meditate?

Ok biz, it seems a lot of fucking CEOs/business owners have been into this mindfulness crap. Does it really work?

I'm a greedy little shit and have been refreshing blockfolio constantly for around 7 months now. I'm about to lose it. So i started to read into this mindfulness shieeet since a lot of successful people do it.

I dont understand how you can practice mindfulness and strive for success at the fucking same time. Isnt the whole point of this is to be contented with what you have? How can you strive for success when you're contented...... is this all a bamboozle?

Pajeet id, It's about being contend with yourself and striving for more no matter what

How the fuck can you be contented with the amount of money you have and want more? Its a contradiction.

No. Pajeet listen, be contend with everything, and know it more or less doesnt matter, but allways strive for more, dont desire it just stfu and listen to your thoughts.Or listen to Alan Watts or some shit

Also, mindfullness is as easy as thinking "im wiping my ass" when wiping it

You sound like an expert

Just buy LINK dude

>Also, mindfullness is as easy as thinking "im wiping my ass" when wiping it
WHAAATTTT? Pretty sure what you just described is mindfulness. Well according to the videos i listened to.

The key is understanding you habits and how your brain has been re-programmed by technology.

Meditation, reading, exercise and focused work all try and undo the effects of technology and instant gratification on the brain.

The best analogy for meditation I have heard is mental biceps. Technology has been distracting your brain for years and you struggle to stay focused. When you meditate focus on your breathing but don't worry if your attention wanders; it should. The important part is that you constantly bring your attention back to your breathing and this improves your brain's ability to focus.

How many people can sit down and read a book for 3 to 4 hours these days? How many people will sit down and do all of their projects/assignments in one sitting without checking their phones? Fuck I know people who can't even watch a TV show, take a shit or take a shower without some kind of fucking distraction. Myself included.

But meditation is a path to remedying this mental corruption.

SELL YOUR PFR.

So its not about being contented but about concentration? Hmmmm i see how its useful for making gains

>I dont understand how you can practice mindfulness and strive for success at the fucking same time

We both sleep and work. But we don't sleep and work at the same time. Take time to do both separately.

nah man, mindfulness is feeling the toilet paper caress between your cheeks, smelling the shit as it it unburdened from your rim and enjoying the experience like its the last time you will ever have a clean hole

>We both sleep and work. But we don't sleep and work at the same time. Take time to do both separately.
The practice of mindfulness is supposed to be 24/7 user (aside when sleeping).

success is about knowing yourself first and foremost.

the immature will never understand this.

nothing gives you self knowledge other than a life intensely lived and frequent meditation.

Anons check out the Headspace app for guided meditations. I am meditating daily in hope to improove my concentrationspan.

This is retarded. I’m a completely insane autistic lunatic with severe insomnia, type 1 diabetes and probably schizophrenia.

I’m worried all the time, not mindful at all, and I’m quite successful.

Being succesful is about making the correct, bold moves @ the right time and not being an idiot or afraid to fail repeatedly.

What I've taken from it is that through clearing your stream of consciousness you can better understand and set realizable goals.

You'll have a better grasp of what to do to solve your immediate problems most efficiently.

You can't be optimally productive, creative and innovative if your mind is clouded and constantly distracted. Those times when you're doing nothing, when you're bored, when you're entertaining yourself in your own mind, those are the time when you can best problem solve.

I often come away from a morning meditation session with a clear plan for my whole work day that 9 times out of 10 works out. I'm meant to be focusing on my breathing and I try, but that's fucking boring, my mind can't help but wander.

Let your mind entertain itself sometimes, it will surprise you.

From experience it's not very practical to do this. Since sometimes you need to blend into mushin no mind state, or blend mindfulness into the stream of consciousness state for ideas and inspiration.

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU STUPID OP FAGGOT BITCH NIGGER aint no one here want your DEVIL magic

FUCK YOU

I'm the guy youre responding to, I never said that only enlightened demigods are successful, but the key to success and changing ones situation in life originates with introspection and analysis (meditation).