/BMG/ - Biz Mining General

There are some lurking this board that have yet to enter into the mining space.

>Please /oldfags educate newfags

Here we share our knowledge with fellow autists on what setups we have, what we've learned in regard to entering the mining space.

>hardware you like/use

>software you like/use

>tips?

>tricks?

>thoughts on mining

Could some /poorfags profit from investing in equipment?

I know some bros live in places with free electricity. How can this affect performance?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=mining rack
ebay.co.uk/i/222376652353
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mining luxcoin right now with 2gtx 1080 making 12 $ a day

Thanks for making gaming too expensive.

local store only had 10 1080s left and the next shipment comes in 3 weeks
i just bought them all and am reselling them now for more money on ebay

will i be able to upgrade my 1060 6GB in 2020 or will you faggots still be buying everything on the market?

is it a rig? How much $$ did you drop to get it setup?

you're welcome xD

honestly guys i mined with 20x GPUs in 2013/2014 and held and made yeah like i guess 100k$ by end of 2017

but i also bought BTC to buy asics (which didn't happen) so i just held the BTC, and that BTC ended up being worth 1.3M

buying and a bit of trading (especially into the big coins that you can't mine, aka 90% of coins) beats mining so fucking hard it's not even funny

it's fun to fuck around with and maybe mine monero on Tor for truly anonymous payments... but don't put more than 10-20% of your crypto-investments into mining.

and that seems like a pretty sweet roi on just those 2 gpus. Do u think lux will remain profitable for you? Do you switch around alot?

5x RX580 1x RX570
ran since march ama

is mining still lucrative

also...would a card that's used for gaming be better for mining or a card that's used for rendering and animation or someting for scientific computing etc

i got 32 rigs.

What OS are you using to mine and does it affect the hashrate, also can you tell me if i should change the card configs for better mining performance and how, im asking all this cus i just bought 13 rx 580 cards and i have not much knowledge...

neat bro.

how much $?
What was biggest bitch?
Hash rate?
daily $$ rate?
Tips to newbs?
Was it worth it?

University gives me access to servers. It's around 50 cpu cores, which coin should I mine with it?

Currently doing around 300$ per month

dont get caught doing this user
my friend did the same on his uni and they kicked him out poof masters degree gone lmao

I hope not bro. I didn't find any terms that stated this was not allowed.

I even told half of my class about it.

What kind of rig should I invest in if I want to make back my original investment as fast as possible?

Gentoo

>Gentoo

o okay cool. i'll just go kms then

No-miner here. What are those racks called, where you rigs sit in? Where can you find them?

Why on earth would you tell half your class about that?

Getting them turtles

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=mining rack

here for starters.

You could probably build one pretty easily

Got a r290x but don't game much. Should I mine ETH? Some Redditors said that they could get a hashrate of up to 30mhs. If that's true that would be 100 free shekels each month.

Cus he wanted honor instead he is getting fucked now

and them zclassics

Is it possible to out-gain an electric bill when mining? Is mining off of solar power a good idea? Also, when making a rig, what else do I need to have besides a graphics card?

I wanted to use their servers too

Now we are like 10 - 15 people mining

>Is it possible to out-gain an electric bill when mining
Depends on what you mine, but definitely yes. My shithole has among the most expensive electricity in Europe yet mining ETH is profitable.

>more miners = less profits for you
I can tell you are a newfag OP, perhaps you should just leave before you embarrass yourself further with these spoonfeeding threads.

I just use windows because idgaf, it doesn't really matter. settings depends on what you're mining so you'll need to do benchmarks (ie. trying diff settings mining diff things to see what you get the most money from). AMD cards need to have flashed bios to get the most out of. I'd brush up on that first, watch a few youtube videos because flashing 13 cards is gunna be a long process and you do NOT want to fuck that part up, you can brick your card and void the warranty at the same time.

just buy a cheap shoe rack

what the fuck is going to happen when casper hits

I have a 480 and a 580 I got for fairly cheap ($315 or $385) so I'm mining ether with ethOS. It's fun. Would hashes improve if I switch to gentoo with no x?

I'm a leaf so money is weird here. Cards were expensive back then but they were cheap compared to now. GPUs are by far the biggest expense, followed by PSU (2x 750's for mine), then the rest is pretty cheap. You notice the rise in you're electricity bill even off one rig.
Basically I'd say mining is a good investment if you're a poor fag, I used it for passive investing rather than passive income. I payed off the rig wagecucking and got free capital to trade shitcoins with. I'f you have decent capital you might as well buy pos/masternode coins and save yourself the hassle. I've made ROI already, i started mining ETH when it was 300$ so it wasn't that hard. If you like building computers for a hobby go for it, if you don't know the difference between a sata and a molex, maybe do some research before deciding it's worth it.

That's 170 MH's on ETH btw, forgot to mention

Can anyone explain, why do people mine small, obscure memecoins? Like the ones you see in bulk in places like Cryptopia and TradeSatoshi.

Typically just for speculation.

Does it piss anyone else off when miners use fucking WOOD and WOODSCREWS for these rigs?

Ever heard of fucking standoffs, and hexagonal nuts?

where you from bruh?

Easiest to mine when difficulty is low

same reason people buy small, obscure memecoins

Thats fucking hilarious.
Its just half a metal shelving rack and some fans.
ebay.co.uk/i/222376652353

These niggas are making way more than miners holy shit sell shovels

It’s not about looking pretty it’s about hashrate

But even rather old and abandoned memecoins still show a hashrate, I can transfer them from an exchange to an exchange, which means that there's a miner somewhere. It startles me a bit.

rx570s at 1850mh making 27mh is decent?

I've got a 290x and dual mine get about 27 for eth and 530 for sia using claymore on ubuntu mining to ethermine, it's not OC'd or anything though so you could probably do better with a memory OC. It's also the middle fan but that didn't really make a difference.

this kit is making 380mh and taking 2kw off the wall

Man im jealous. I want to set up a mining rig, i love the idea of my PC being a industrial money machine. But I have other shit to buy first.

been mining since august, fucker just paid itself off last week. mining ETH

True but wood has 0 ESD properties

Is CPU mining completely, hopelessly, uncompromisingly dead?

Mining ETN on my single Vega 64, 2050 h/s.
Looking to buy a used PC to slot my spare r9 fury into for another 900 h/s.

Might switch back to XMR.

Any miners get robbed or deal with break-ins?

get a job faggot gaymer

Depends on the algorithm and the coin. Ryzen CPUs do great with any Cryptonight coins.

some quick tips for beginners:
-double check pci risers

-for vbios flashing, some cards enable bios switching (main and backup BIOS) so if you fuckup one BIOS you can switch to the other backup and reflash your fucked BIOS. If you try to flash both the main and backup BIOS youll brick your GPU

-ethOS is infinitely better than Windows for mining and less intrusion and fucking updates and fucking with your mining program

-teamviewer is good to remotely control and monitor mining rigs, just be sure to put proper protections so no one else can access your PC

-awesome miner and their cloud service is great for monitoring your miners from your phone and you can have several sites available reporting out to you

-if you have access to 240V residential it is preferable to run your PSU on that outlet for higher efficiency

-tweaking/fiddling with your miners should be kept at a bare minimum and on a required-only basis. fiddling too much and trying to optimize constantly will fuck with your revenue and profits

-heat and electricity are the biggest problems when trying to scale up your mining operations, keep that in mind and plan for it in advance

Yeah that's good, if it runs stable you are doing it right

No niggers in my area
My dad has guns though, so I kind of wish we did

good tips but using arch linux would still be better than ethOS

>t. work in a industrial scale gpu mining farm

My other miner. Built in a toilet

get SSDs man HDDs are shit. 120GB are real cheap right now

why are those gpus so small

SSDs are like 20 times more expensive.
Even more considering gear HDDs cost me £4 each from CEX. You won’t believe how little this rig cost me to build.

I have 1GH/s on nanopool with myself and a few friends with rigs like yours. I run everything through google sheet apis and payout people in proportion to their shares contributed (with everything tracked). the ETH goes to my hardware wallet and since it's secure and it's a close group of friends they trust me to pay them out (and I do so dutifully)

The reason is because I want to try and see about starting a business (called Merchant Miners) and taking our collective hashing power (~10-15%) and locking a portion in a cash contract and putting that cash towards an ETF or the stock market as a hedge

the rest would be paid out directly in crypto. i would have investors give me their hashing power and tell me how much to allocate to cash and how much to directly mine in crypto.

would anyone else be interested in this idea and working with me on it?

I use USB with ethOS and it saves me a ton of money and they run just fine

Do you know that doing that is dangerous?
you can burn the motherboard by putting only plastic bag on the bottom

They look small because I spaced them far apart so I don’t need to use any fans

Hope you've got the water valve to that room turned off

How?

you can short the pins on the back of the motherboard, that's why theyre always lifted up to prevent any shorts

If it breaks it can make a short circuit, due to the welding.

The bags are anti-static, there's nothing wrong with it. you don't want to see what would happen if those were directly on the metal

Yeah but they’ll be fine.

I hope you got spares

why not just put that part towards a new rig?
rinse and repeat

24x 1060
24x 1070ti
12x 570
4gb
1 Giant B
1 A3

Mining is worth it. Why do you think so many people are buying GPUs??

You the user who said he got that for 20k?
Lies

Yeah CEX have loads for £4

its what ive been doing so far, and realistically its the only thing i can do as a solo miner but i figure if theres more people and our hashing power gets high enough we can all chip in a bit for that hedging idea
besides im pretty sure that is how all the big mining operations run

Yep- that's me. Flipped an A3 for 2.5x purchase price. Paid for the one A3 I'm keeping and then some. Giant B was 4.2k. 24x 1060 @ $240/ea. 24x 1070ti@500/ea. 570s ROI'd a long ass time ago. Rigs are making bank.

>wood
are you a pyromaniac or just dumb? these rosewill hercules blow up all the time hope you got the gold rated ones or fire insurance

Brainlet here - what's the difference between mining and runnig a node?

I've got another 35k in 1070tis in order... but prices went up so my average price is about $580/unit now. Gonna get 63 more cards. Building out a collocation facility to manage all my rigs and then some. Probably going to pivot into full-time mining operations in 6-12 months.

Gotta spend mining revenue or its taxable at like 60% due to my tax bracket... so gonna roll it all forward into mining operation.

Gold rated and fire insurance

mining is for get the coin, running a node only helps to maintain the network working there's not profit

You know those anti-static bags are conductive right?

->

Depends on the kind of node...

If you are operating a full node for a proof of stake coin there may be an interest rate that you receive for your stake. If you are operating a master node, then you may receive a portion of the block reward periodically.

I love it. Please be real.

>Been trying to buy a reasonably priced RX570 for weeks now

It’s fine.

I thought you get paid to run a node though, like don't the bitcoin miners essentially control the network? But I think I'm confusing the two. What about staking? I know it's not related to mining, but mining, running a node & stacking all seem connected in some way

fucking sick, fambro

If you are solo mining ETH, for instance, you need to run a full node. Nobody solo mines, so it doesn't really matter. The mining pools would be running the full nodes for you. This is why the bitcoin mining pools "control" bitcoin.

Aren't you wasting a lot of kw on the fans though?
It's about keeping the room cool, not blowing air into the gpus. I keep my basement windows open and the cards run at 65C max