Stops and Limit Orders

How many of you regularly use stops and limit order in your trading and what is your IQ range on the chart below (if you are below 100 just admit you are retarded).

Also, sex and age for data purposes for the willing. Please no requesting tiddies because I am looking for data.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mensans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw average phd recipient

also trading has nothing do to with iq

135, Not stupid enough to keep my coins on an exchange.

If you are not smart enough to know how stops and limits work, or where you should set them then you won't learn how to use them. So trading has something to do with IQ.

A lot of trading also comes being stress resistant so it is possible that a high IQ pussy won't be able to trade. But then again, a retarded chad might get murdered if he trades and just doesn't hold a index fund.

IQ isn't for measuring genius, it's for identifying retards. You can't measure real genius with a 1-2 hour multiple choice quiz. Look at the Mensa organization and how much of a joke it is.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mensans

Intelligence is undeniably 100% genetic but IQ tests aren't measuring it reliably in the upper limits. On the other hand if someone does terribly on an IQ test they're certainly a retard, but not neccesarily genetically so.

123 IQ
I rarely use stop losses. I'm not too deep into trading because I don't have to be, and besides my money is in ICOs for a couple more weeks, so no trading.

Ok, but what about your fiat? If you have money on a fiat-to-cryto exchange do you just but at whatever the fucking price is or are you in on a stop or a limit?

But I do know how stop loss works.

You obviously are not smart enough to answer a simple question so I bet you just do market orders all the fucking time and trade pic related.

>retarded Chad
Cope. I'm Veeky Forums and more successful than you. Also,
>knowing how stop losses works means you have a high IQ
Whoever made this topic and takes it seriously has a 2 digit IQ.

How much are you risking without using stops?

135-140
I never use stop losses and I only use limit orders to shave a few satoshi off all the coins I'm getting. If I sell its because I chose to, not because the market crashes while I'm asleep and then rebounds with me behind. Never lost money because I haven't had a stop loss either

Nice digits around these parts a lot of biz folk look fully retarded. And so far no one says they use stops at all.

Fucking madness.

>154 tested by professional at age 5 and age 12
>male, 22
highly depends on the coin. Set reasonable stops and limits to get gains then get out and rebuy in lower

>graduating college puts you 20+ pts above the norm
I see the jews are still pushing their "college superiority" myth to keep that loan money rolling in. You'd think such smart people would at least be able to figure out what gender they are. Or could do the math to see that putting themselves $200,000 into debt to a liberal arts college for a BA in Feminist Studies would be a bad investment. But, they're way smart. I'm sure if they just put on a pussy hat and protest some more those really smart people can figure out how to make other people pay their bills. :^)

What is your opinion towards TA?

Masters from Oxford. Higher than yours.

Nice Oxford Blue ID. Thanks biz.

bullshit 90% of the time, but helpful for identifying trends in whats about to happen right here and now. Also, most people force the lines they draw and do everything they can to make the outcome what they want it to be. Markets are driven by unpredictable emotion and often times TA is too

>using stops
talk about low IQ. You set alerts dumbass. Stops are how you get squeezed and also completely pointless in high volatility

Never use stops or limits. These are for weak hands.
I just get into actual coins with potential and HODL until they 20x, usually it's 2 to 3 months.

The fact that time factors into your score makes IQ test retarded. You can guess correctly without looking at the question and you might get a huge boost in score because of it. IQ tests are only good for yourself to see in what areas you excel at and what areas you don't. People who share their IQ to convince people they are smart are retarded brainlets.

>Average for Nobel Prize winners
You don't need to be smart at all in order to win the Nobel Prize. You just need to know who's dick to suck

>be me
>mixed, black.
>113 IQ tested
> I'm left handed and mentally ill
>have ADHD, depression and anxiety issues.
>Computational Biology major, shit fucking student
>shit credit score
>10k Net worth at 22 years old
>4k LINK, 1k XLM, 400 PLRs is my portfolio
>trading style? buy and HODL

i hUrt MY sElF t0D4y....

Like said, holding any significant amount of value on an exchange is complete idiocy.

Look, no one here hates the Jews more than me. And we know that most Jews, women, and many of the darker minorities don't "earn" the degrees they get. Especially in the soft sciences.

Putting all this aside, I ask my original question again.

nigger genes ruin everything

You just need to be Jewish

140~150 iq, no stops, stops are for fucking pussies. you are going to get rekt by whales who deliberately trigger stops

i always chuckle at people thinking avg iq is 100. thats only true in very few asian and european countries. even 95-90 iq is lucky enough considering that the average iq around the world is around the mental retardation level of 85ish. its abit bullish since alot of countries have iq of under 85, which technically should mean most of them wouldn't even be able to communicate properly. its always a vain interest anyways, hard to imagine some people in universities would be a candidate for higher iq. maybe the meme is true, alot of them seem very retarded on a day to day life, barely know how to wipe their own asshole, but very specialized but limited spectrum where they can truly excel which we joking call autistic often times. i honestly think the best IQ would be 100-115 mark. anything higher can be burdensome and just useless headache for the most part, or getting irritated by normie behaviors. alot of the higher iq people tend to be jaded, generally not wrong in their observation, but often forget how they look and appear at times. i would rather have lower iq and be able to socialize better than to have higher iq, see more and be less apt at socializing & small talks. scored 138 on ravens. abit autistic friendly since its all puzzles

male
145 IQ

No

i use only limit orders
if i was trading on margin i might look into stop loss but as of yet i never use that.

113 isn't bad for a nigger mutt. You'd count as human if it wasn't for mental illness caused by racemixing (mixed race mutts are 70% more likely to develop behavioral and mental problems).
Thank your parents.

If you really have a positive net worth then you are doing better than about 80% of Americans.

If you have an IQ over 110 then you are one standard deviation over the mean, which means you are smarter than about 85% of the total population and 99% of blacks.

Are you smart enough to buy the dips? What is your view on TA?

WHY DID MY FUCKING DAD MARRY A NIGGER????

Not only that, raced mix genes cause physical abnormalities like Blood Disease, rare cancers, and organ failures

>If you are not smart enough to know how stops and limits work
Real men are so confident in their coins they don't need them. Imagine having a stop loss set up and losing your $7 ETH

Time adds a stress component which really seperates the races and sexes.

I read a book on sex-brain differences when men and women scored equally across a wide array of tests but as soon as you put a restrictive time limit on there (like one were the majority of test takers would have unanswered questions) then sex differences became very clear.

With restrictive time limits women suck at map reading and math. Give everyone enough time and men and women are "equal."

Each order type has a different purpose you literal retard.
Limit orders are for signalling a position in the order book.
Market orders are for moving the hit point in the order book.
Stop-limits are for creating a ruse in the order book.
And inversely, holding is another position. Removing liquidity from the book can be a powerful position.

You've got to think about how people think. Constantly considering what the market knows and what you know. Finding a profitable position outside of the consensus. And it's not about making money, it's about increasing your stack. The bigger your stack, the more power you wield.

Btw, 145.

I'll have you know I graduated summa cum laude from a prestigious state university, which I won't name.

Why the fuck would I use a stop/limit order when buying selling something I want to buy or sell NOW?

Most of those orders dont get filled when I want to buy cause the market moves taking any fee sawings with them!
Most of them don't fill fast enough on shitcoins cause there is no volume or the spread is to large!

Market order FTF!
Look atvthe depth and assess...
Put a stop/loss if you are chicken.

155 IQ
also black
I use limit trading sometimes but honestly prefer the rush I get from market orders

nice trips nigger. unless u got a micro dick, u have no reason to be bitching. 10k at 22 is solid, decent holdings, just wait a year and see how rich u will be. i remember starting out with about 300 bucks, spread out alot 2 years ago. sold for a meager 60% gains. if i held everything thats 100k usd that i could've had. HODL nigger, also how big is ur dick?

Is there anyone doing TA that appears to be doing it right to you? I think the cointelegraph TA price predictions are done well enough.

You are one of those 85s. 100 is *defined* as the average level, it is impossible for it not to be.

Yep. And even if it's not whales, chances are your order triggers just before a bounce back. How's that safer than just using notifications?

I think people who accept IQ as an irrefutable indicator of intelligence are themselves retarded on some level. Obviously it doesn't tell the whole story like you said. Some people with high IQ are pretty dim-witted in certain situations, meanwhile a 70 IQ african can get through life fine despite being at the same score as somebody who's retarded. I'm guessing intelligence really is more than pattern recognition, although IQ might still be a decent indicator of overall intelligence.

I was going to write this:
you fucking imbecile

>iq literally created to have mean at 100
>iq scores all over increasing over time

then I read up on it and apparently africa has low as shit IQ average scores so touché you cunt

Which is why you shouldn't have your stops too tight. That is one of the first pieces of advice given out by educators on how to use your stops.

Jesus this is sad. If you aren't larping you need help. Sorry your country failed you, not your parents.

>Intelligence is undeniably 100% genetic
what type of retard r u?

OP can you fuck off with your info extortion? nobody is going to help you

25/m/135-140 IQ.

I trade exclusively in limit orders. Market orders will completely fuck you over depending on the volume of what you're trading for both buying and selling.

How I trade
>set buy order for coin a little under current price, let's call it $1 for simplicitys sake
>buy 100@$1
>sell order for 50@$2/ 25@$2.5
>additional buy orders: 100@$0.50/50@$0.75

With this method, if the market dips or crashes you automatically buy the dip and sell off as the price recovers. This is the difference between profiting in a bear market and breaking even. You can set buy/sell orders every 10 or 20 cents in this example, depending on your risk tolerance.

OK, IQ and what is your method for picking coins then?

143+ probably, but still I don't belive that bullshit.
I only use them if I bet a lot on some shitcoin too volatile and I do not think to look at a page for days and days losing my mental calm.

I have multiplied my initial investment by ~ 284 daytrading, although in the end what I have gained is not too much, since the initial investment was shit.

>What is your view on TA?

Don't use it for the most part. I do try to time dips, tops. This market is heavily manipulated. Look at ripple for example during the last bull-run, an "organic" 1000% price increase for what amounts to centralized vaporwave after months of dumping? TA is useless for me.

But after I got over the newbie fear and fomo I realized the cycles of the market and my strategy boils down to picking the most solid institutionally backed coins and hodling.

You can use stops and notifications. When BTC goes down it often takes the rest of the crypto market with it and if it his 3% loss it often hits 15 so why ride the extra 12? Get your notification and make a decision on how to get back in there.

I had 126 IQ when I was 14. I wonder what is it now. I guess it will be sub 100 since I spend so much time on this cancer board.

Do you intentionally set goals of 1R, 3R, etc or just SWAG your limit price?

Personally I think TA works for larger, older coins but wound't trust them with faddish small caps.

A lot of people ITT think they are a genius, that's cute.

My IQ is probably between 120-130 but I'm more artistically inclined than anything (minor actor that has been on small roles on TV shows and produced and acted in a film that went to Cannes)

I've never used stop or limit orders since I either don't really get them or feel like my money is too small for it to really matter

i wouldnt be surprised if my iq was 85. ravens was only based on puzzles, with math and language evaluation added it would be lower for sure.

alot of people do accept it was irrefutable indicator on this site i would bet. but then again, it is everyone's vainity to want to be seen or thought as intelligent. notice how people make fun of blacks on low iq, which tends to be true on most cases, but how many of them struggle socially? how many high iq people do worse than lower iq people because of their inapt social skills and unwillingness to be a "wage cuck" and so on. i personally think its all about the balance hence why i think 95-115 range is decent. to add its often a dumb thing to be seen as "smart" in the real world. unless you have something to gain, its really counter productive to be known as smart.

I don't think you understand, I am trying to help the rest of you.

He's most likely larping or if he isn't then he needs to fix his pathetic problems (most 4channers have them) and not blame it on something like ethnic background. It's absurd and dishonest, a sign that you don't really want to man up.

That's actually fine if you're trading, but I'm sticking to mid-term holding to avoid the stress.

Besides, I'd still rather just get a notification. If BTC goes -3% you exactly can't know it's going to drop more. 3% is nothing on this market, it might be just the bottom of a normal fluctuation. On the other hand if it's some kinda news that set off the drop I'd be happy to sell and buy back later

It is a board that probably tilts aspie/introverted. We would expect a bit higher IQ. The thread itself is more academic and less about shitposting, so we would again expect smarter people in this thread and not on thot threads.

Do you trade quarter to quarter and re-asses or an even longer time frame?

>biz average IQ 145
>every thread is shilling or FUDing a shitcoin where they can't back up their claims with any sources
Oh boy

>It is a board that probably tilts aspie/introverted.
A demographic who would have no interest in bragging about their IQ to strangers on an anime imageboard.

I would assume a difference participation in different kid of biz thread. Thot-posts and shilling coins get one batch of IQs while a patrician post such as mine gets a the higher end of the IQ spectrum.

Also, the retard won't want to say their IQ, they will just attack the concept of IQ in some way.

Perhaps. But they might be interested in how other people are playing this game, and then try and put them into predictable categories.

I mostly just keep updated on the market (Veeky Forums unironically is tremendous help with this) and just re-balance my positions when I deem it appropriate (aka any of my holdings have significantly increased or decreased in price). So I don't have that much insight to share for somebody interested in trading, though I've done a bit of casual trading successfully too but not with significant amounts.

Wolfgang is Mozart’s first name, not Amadeus.

In which case it is to their advantage to not reveal their own style of investing. The high IQ autists that populate this board check in, don't post and then distract themselves by posting on /a/, /g/, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums and other neurodiverse hubs where it isn't to their advantage to play their cards close to their chest.

There is so much free information on how to trade all over place that holding ones cards close doesn't make sense.

When I was doing stocks I would just wait and see which companies got buttfucked on their quarterly earnings. I would then read the 10K and make a decision to buy or pass. I could get 30% a quarter with that method.

Have it, free of charge. You just have to do all the work yourself. I only made a few trades in and out a year but it is a lot of reading.

I do market orders and im probably 130iq

i was wondering who W. was and thought they were subtly implying it was Dubyah.

>itt: brainlets
100 iq is by definition the (white anglo) standard average, there's not 70% of the population with 100 iq
whoever made that picture doesn't understand the concept of a normal distribution
you've got 68% of the population between 85 and 115, 13% between 115 and 130, 2% between 130 and 145, and so on

>use antiquated strategy on coins of high volatility that might crash cause people are asleep,and won't recover till they wake up

yah no thanks

130 IQ

I ONLY use limit orders

So what your saying is ising stops and limits doesn't work on crypto?

To be clear, you don't use stops, or you use stop limit orders and were just being concise?

oh also, im a cis-bigoted heteronormative HWITE slav male shitlord

Buy and hold

>There is so much free information on how to trade all over place that holding ones cards close doesn't make sense.
I have my eye on two coins outside the top 300 on CMC and am slowly but constantly moving funds into them. It is massively to my advantage that they stay under the radar in the meantime. An autist who reads every whitepaper he can get his hands on and understands them at a deeper level than myself will presumably have more.
The fact that you never see ICOs shilled here until after the ICO is over is proof people are keeping their cards close to their chests in at least one area.

binance is shit

>no trailing % stops
>no multiple sell orders to cover your ass, (sell automatically if it goes up, sell automatically if it goes down), you can only sell one direction

If it's investing I don't think they care. I don't really have time to trade so most my coins are investments, though I keep a stash of 20% to trade on the weekends.

>Stanford-Binet 137
>Female
>30
>In sideways market, trade 2 percent up 2 percent down, average 5 per day
>Few choice long term holds

>1R 3R SWAG
Sorry, don't know what that means. I just make sure to buy low and sell high without overextending my capital.

>1% genius
>Male
>27
I don't use stop losses unless I'm day trading. For investments, I let it roll because earlier it started to fuck with my work having to manage stop losses and buys and I saw a lot of whale spiking that fucked me out of gains. If you have all day to trade, go for it.

I wonder why no large platform has trailing stops and the like, it really is frustrating. With all of the trading platforms out there for forex and stocks it should be easy to implement and the only reason they don't is they must make money off not having the trailing stops, somehow.

My largest account is on a FDIC exchange for obvious reasons and that is extraordinarily limiting.

some age
your trading should match the current market zeitgeist. stop loss is pointless without an arbitrage pattern - waiting to reenter (especially USDT) is inefficient. market is useful, limit is useful, stop-loss is useful. But, most of all, OP is a dumb nigger.

The large coins swing 10-20% all the time, why is your range so low? You are not letting your winners run.

>they must make money off not having the trailing stops, somehow.
They make money with every trade. Hence the trade volume competitions that are pretty much preying on gambling addicts

my names Rad Thibodeaux
> IQ 170+ self-proclaimed genius
>male
>22
As a self-proclaimed genius, I can tell op is misunderstood and desperate for attention

Tested @ 151 in 3rd grade.

Attended number 1 party school in the country.
Browsed Veeky Forums for a decade while drinking every day.

I'm probably around 95-105. I look for good fundamentals, buy and hold with disposable money,

Risk management. 10 percent a day with mitigated losses on irrational dips is comfortable for me. Which big coin would you recommend I look into trading 10+ swings on?

Surely there's something wrong with statistics like these.
>1 in 30k has the IQ of Fisher
That would me that in the city in which I live (1kk population) alone there are more than 30 world-caliber geniuses.

So if you buy at 100 and you think it might go to 120 that is a 20% gain. But you think it might slip a bit, say 5% so you put a stop loss at 95. You are risking 5% and that becomes 1R.

20/5=4, so you are hoping to cash out at 4R. SWAG means Scientific Wild Ass Guess.

I always use limit orders and some times stops depending on the volatility.

Idk what my iq is but I'm receiving my PhD in Chemistry so I guess around 130