REQ thread

Who here holding REQ? Right now is the perfect time to buy, I sold my VEN at ATH to buy more REQ. Next few weeks will be interesting

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4mOHGWM3hmw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I was thinking of buying more if it dips to 3800. I just hope it doesn't continue going down

req is like 40% of my portfolio, comfy

pretty damn sure we've hit the floor user

I'm already all-in. Here for the inevitable partnership announcements.

REQ + Cirqle partnership incoming.

Cirqle clients include Samsun, Heineken, Sony and more

>Heineken
random irrelevant european companies who the hell cares

I saw this but no shit i am hoping to get my tax return before this shit fies off the handle

DELUDED REQTY

Cirqle CTO is on the REQ subreddit and confirmed that they are interested to implement REQ into their platform.

>Company with almost a trillion in revenue each year
>Who cares

I agree it's a good time to buy, can't see it going much lower as I doubt it'll drop below pre-24th December price.

However the question is how long will you be holding those bags? Let's not forget Req still isn't operating the way it should be, it still has issues to address and all it's currently doing is running some code on the test network.

I don't believe that piece of shit. I went through his comments and they were just regular reddit type posts. Seems like someone that tries to make REQ price pump

Heineken is a stateless multinational with no loyalty but to money.

Mainnet release is within 1-2 months. Some partnerships announcements will also come before that release. It's safest to just hold right now instead of trying to "time" the market and hope nothing gets announced before getting back into REQ

>Let's not forget Req still isn't operating the way it should be, it still has issues to address
What are you talking about main net isn't even out yet

I honestly don't understand what this shitcoin does..

Read whitepaper then. Also I hope nobody goes and explains it to you. Your loss if you miss out DYOR

neither do i but i just bought $3500 the other day

In all seriousness, if you wanted to request a payment from someone that you dont know (ie a business, tradesman etc) or vice versa, how would you do it with crypto?

Req allows you to do this with ANY cryptocurrency of your choice, using kyber/0x it will instantaneously convert your crypto between the person requesting the money and the person giving the money over.

Request gives a way to do this whilst also providing an invoice, automatic tax deductions etc.

Basically, it's needed for normie adoption of crypto in the real world.

I'm talking about test net, notice the bit where I said all they're doing is running code on the test network? That.

I've been holding it since it went below ico price.
I just wish I bought more at the time but I don't want to risk my ETH...

Are we mooning right now?

looks like it

>I don't know what this does, thus it's a shitcoin.

we moonin, get in

Just put 1k into req yesterday, hyped

>how would you do it with crypto?

You exchange the crypto to fiat and pay or a business has an option to pay with certain popular cryptos like BTC, LTC, ETH.

>Req allows you to do this with ANY cryptocurrency of your choice

So basically you can spend your shitcoins immediately instead of having to convert them first.

What I don't understand is what the REQ token is used for in this process.

I also heard people talking about creating a request to change their shitcoins into fiat but then where does the fiat come from? Does it come from other people that paid fiat for shitcoins using request? And if so, does the Request organization hold that fund like a bank?

Also what are the fees for exchanges shitcoins, where does the fee go? Is Request an organization out for profit like paypal or does it do some blockchain magiceridoo that I don't understand?

It's all so vague.

>company that made james bond drink their beer
>irrelevant
youtube.com/watch?v=4mOHGWM3hmw
k

>It's all so vague
No it's not. You're just playing stupid.

God, read the Whitepaper. Why should we do the thinking for you?

GET IN BEFORE ITS TOO LATE THE MOON HAS RISEN

Yes using Request means you can pay with any crypto or fiat and it automatically converts that to the crypto or fiat that the business wants. It means any crypto can be used without the hassle of converting. Nobody is realistically going to exchange their crypto to fiat to pay if they don't have to.

You also will have recourse incase you want refunded because request can hold it in escrow, you can have the option to pay in instalments, you get an invoice, automatic tax deductions etc.

Fiat comes from using Kyber and 0x as the backend - check those projects out to see how it works. Request doesn't hold any of the cash.

I'm dubious of a lot of ERC20 token usages. Transaction fees are paid with Request. I'm not actually too positive on where the fees go but I did see on the subreddit that developers of apps that use request will manage to get a cut of all fees that go through the app (ie an iOS app)

Basically Request is a decentralized project meaning that if the founders were to leave the project, they'd have all the ICO money but the project could still go on if other developers took over. This means that the Request team aren't out for profit per-se, but rather they would benefit by increasing the value of their token through supporting Request.

You should also note that the REQ tokens used for each transaction fee are burned and are taken out of supply. This encourages the REQ token to appreciate in value. My thinking is that this is the future of decentralized organisations - it's like owning a stock that pays out dividends, but instead you receive a return from the constant reduction in supply/increase in demand of the token. REQ can only do this by having its own token since ETH cannot be burned. I agree it's vague at this point but that's how I see decentralized projects acting in the future.

Fine since you have an IQ of 80 I'll try to make it as simple as possible.

>Company wants to get USD
>Company implements "Pay with Request" button
>Person clicks on "Pay with Request"
>You can choose to pay with EVERY crypto that exists or any fiat that's out there
>The company gets USD since Request turns it to USD through technology
>The company didn't have to touch crypto for a single moment
>The customer could use whatever he wanted to pay for his shit Request Network didn't care

Start to see how this is revolutionary? It makes the world use cryptocurrency without owning cryptocurrency It's what will make crypto mainstream.

This right here

Thanks for the explanation, will look into Kyber and 0x.

>Request turns it to USD through technology

This is the part I don't get, things just don't magically convert, the USD comes from somewhere and the coin goes somewhere. I will look into the 2 networks mentioned above to get a deeper understanding into how this works. Thanks for condescending attitude you cunt.

Nice little bump in price there

Req token are used (burned) during transactions. Thanks to the fact that automatic conversion with "infinite" liquidity will be used (see kyber), neither party will need to buy req tokens, they will just pay a fee in the currency of choice that will be automatically converted in reqs to be burned.

What you have to understand to get the project is that the paypal like payment is just an app built upon the request protocol api. There could be 10 of these built by different devs, all using req underneat. And the protocol allows for much more than payments, it lets devs leverage the blockchain tech in their apps. Go read some of the proposed use cases, it's great.

Just think like solidity is C, and Req is the unreal engine, sure you can build your game from the grounds up with C but who does that? Everybody use abstraction levels and libraries to avoid reinventing the wheel every time.
It's not only the gate to crypto for the normie users, but for the normie devs too.

Idiots got blinded by the paypal 2.0 meme and failed to see that this is way bigger than that.

good post and analogy

this paypal 2.0 is just the cherry on top

>Thanks for condescending attitude you cunt
With so many pajeets flooding in these threads it's rare to see someone legitimately curious about REQ. I apologize, you deserve a well built explanation.

Thanks for explaining the conversion process in layman's terms to me, the fact that it is a network was already known to me given that the name discloses it and the fact that they recently released bounties for development teams to build on the network. The analogy is also really sound.

No problem man, I totally understand.

PABST. BLUE. RIBBON.