What are XRP tokens for?

I tried to ask this in the Ripple sub, but was deleted right away. Could someone explain what's the purpose of the XRP token? When I use PayPal I don't first buy chips to operate their infrastructure for sending USD. Say XRP has far lower fees than PayPal even with the fees for converting USD to XRP, instead of using PayPal and paying high fees, why not use PayRip 2.0 which will be using the Ripple network, with little fees? I'm not paying anyone in XRP after all, I'm paying in USD, so I'd rather go directly.

Other urls found in this thread:

ripple.com/xrp/buy-xrp/-
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostro_and_vostro_accounts
ripple.com/insights/ripple-and-xrp-can-cut-banks-global-settlement-costs-up-to-60-percent/
youtu.be/NhieGgf219Y?t=2m27s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

[Performance]
-Ripple consistently handles 1,500 transactions per second, 24x7.
-Payment channels can process 10s of 1000s of transactions per second.

[Cost]
-A standard transaction costs just 0.00001 XRP.
-The cost is not paid to any party: it's irrevocably destroyed.

[Real-world use]
-5 institusions are currently using XRP (MoneyGram, Cuallix, FlashFX, IDT and MercuryFX).
-Many banks are currently using xCurrent. Since xRapid is cheaper (saves up to 60%) and provides final settlement, they are likely to transition to it.
-Bichip will use XRP in its RFID chips.
-A w3c standard that Ripple helped develop (and was demo'd by Microsoft) will be available in all major browsers, it'll facilitate paying with XRP.

[Economics]
-The supply is fixed.
-Unlike Bitcoin, there's no inflation. Bitcoin uses PoW which relies on inflation and/or high fees. Bitcoin requires $18M of net new $ flowing in just to maintain the price!!

[Security]
-Unlike Bitcoin, double-spending isn't possible. Bitmain (a Chinese company) can rollback Bitcoin's chain and bunkrupt the whole ecosystem.
-An attack could only stop new transactions temporarily. Participants would simply remove bad participants from their list

[Decentralisation]
-Each participant can run a validator and use his own list of validators.
-validators role is to agree on an order for new transactions
-10s of reputable public & private entities around the world are currently running validators (e.g., Microsoft, MIT, CGI, WorldLink, Bahnhof,..)
-Consensus for the order of new transactions requires a supermajority of 80%

[Incentives]
-XRP is a revenue source for Ripple Labs. This aligns its incentives with XRP hodlers. It uses the revenue to improve the tech and expand XRP's marketshare.
-Ripple Labs share is locked in 55 batches on the network. Only one batch can be unlocked per month. It would take them 5 years to unlock them all. XRP is sold only to long term investors (i.e., they can't dump).

Stop pasting this crap, you don't know what a crypto is.

>what's the purpose of the XRP token

-p2p payments
-money transfer (pic related)
-anti-spam measure

>blockhain
>decentralized (even more than bitcoin)

try again, pajeet.

You didn't answer my question.

>pajeet
You're the pajeet, you paste your lies here 24/7.

If you’re in ripple you’re a fuckin moron. Banks are not going to use it, it’s not going to cornbase. It is shit. Enjoy those heavy bags boys

no, I answered it.

Your image shows paying in USD, there's no XRP involved, dummy.

Ripple is cripple soyboy.

you're right, fuck XRP. XLM is the obvious winner and will control the markets, 15x end of FEB imo

>it’s not going to cornbase

Who cares? Robinhood with list it soon. It has a million users waiting list. XRP will probably be their first buy.

btw, coinbase will definitely list it.

>Banks are not going to use it,

Again, who cares? Several institutions are using it. People will use it ifor payments. Banks will probably use it at some point.

The pic illustrates the money transfer usecase, not payment, dumb pajeet. xRapid uses public exchanges that trade XRP to source liquidity from speculators and other members of the public who're trading cryptocurrencies for fiat and vice-versa. It pairs trades at different exchanges in real time and transfers the XRP between exchanges.

>btw, coinbase will definitely list it.

pic related

You keep spreading the same lies, banks won't use YOUR xrp, they'll use a RIPPLE SOLUTION or similar. The xrp you hold is useless. The Bank of American isn't going to buy your xrp from you on coinbase.

>The pic illustrates the money transfer usecase
You didn't read OP, no one is going to have to deal with XRP, that makes your digital tokens worthless.

Of course he hates BTC, it has $20 fees at times. Why would anyone want to work with that shit?

let me repeat again for you, dumb pajeet:

--
-5 institusions are currently using XRP (MoneyGram, Cuallix, FlashFX, IDT and MercuryFX).
-Many banks are currently using xCurrent. Since xRapid is cheaper (saves up to 60%) and provides final settlement, they are likely to transition to it.
-A w3c standard that Ripple helped develop (and was demo'd by Microsoft) will be available in all major browsers, it'll facilitate paying with XRP.
---
you sound desperate. must be a bcash, eth, or stellar bagholder? which is it?

>-5 institusions are currently using XRP (MoneyGram, Cuallix, FlashFX, IDT and MercuryFX).
That's a lie. Can you provide a source they actually moved to XRP and not playing some PR game with Ripple?

>-Many banks are currently using xCurrent. Since xRapid is cheaper (saves up to 60%) and provides final settlement, they are likely to transition to it.
Unrelated to xrp.

PS xrp is NOT money, it's a token. It has absolutely nothing to do with the value transferred.

institutions pilot technologies first, dumb pajeet.

and you keep ignore the first usecase (p2p payments).

Bitcoin : $50 fees - 10 minutes to hours/days
Ethereum: $5 fees
Bcash: a minimum of 10 minutes. centralized mining. centralizing development. owned by a chink.

let me ask you again, what bag are you holding? you sound really desperate and threatened by XRP. If I have to guess I would say bcash. The pitch is low fees and speed, and XRP kicks its ass at that.

Anyone who doesn't invest in ripple is missing out. They are the only crypto making major deals. The only crypto that reporters have asked major banks if they are adopting.

*ignoring

tx fees for all 3 cryptos are below 10 cents now
furthermore, ETH and BTC also have LN to further reduce tx costs and increase speed (and ETH will have even more stuff on top of that)

How is XRP a "crypto"? It's not needed because Ripple is for sending fiat. It's a token issued in some sql DB at the click of a button.

>tx fees for all 3 cryptos are below 10 cents now

yes, because we are in a bear market.

Eth collapsed because of fucking cryptokitties. Imagine if it had 10 popular apps.

Bitcoin: Lightning is still far away. Routing is a real problem with no solution yet, and even if it gets solved, opening a channel would be expensive.
Proof-of-work is expensive and slow. Even the most hardcore bitcoiners will tell you, proof-of-work blockchains do NOT scale.

>bcash

what a fucking joke

this is the "chief scientist" btw

>Coinbase isn't going to list XRP REEEEE fucking cripple tards!!!!!!

Then Coinbase will die.

Robinhood is adding XRP.
Coinsquare is adding XRP and launching in the USA in Q2.
Uphold just got a $57 million capital infusion with the requirement that THEY LIST XRP.

The business world doesn't care about your crypto-anarchist "principles". XRP is the 3rd largest crypto and has billions of dollars in daily volume.

The only way Coinbase doesn't add XRP is if they are run by total fucking retards that want to lose market share.

Veeky Forums might understand this if the people here actually had any fucking clue how BUSINESS operates. If you don't give your customers what they want your competition will - and they will take you out. End of story.

dumb pajeet is still at it. There's no db. There's no button. The supply is fixed in the protocol.

It is as “easy” to “print” XRP as it is to “print” BTC: you need to modify the software and get people, exchanges, businesses and organisations to adopt the scam against their rational self interest.

Also, the following would happen.
1- XRP's price would collapse immediately
2- Their main source of revenue would be gone.
3- Their reputation, the most important thing you need in this business, would be irrevocably destroyed. No one, not users nor banks would trust them ever again
4- they would be sued into oblivion by the institutional buyers who bought directly from them under the fixed supply assumption
ripple.com/xrp/buy-xrp/-

You didn't provide a single good argument why people should hold xrp.

Cryptos have a use, XRP have absolutely no use case. There's nothing that makes them inherently scarce, anyone operating XRP could issue all a click of a button new tokens if he'll need to.

You have no idea what you're talking about. You could start a new token called XRP2, there's no inherent scarcity.

if you keep asking the same question, you will get the same answer, pajeet.

-Future of payments.
for the third time I ask you, what's the bag you are trying to defend? you must be ashamed of it to ignore my question.

for the third time I ask you, what bag makes you feel so threatened by XRP? you must be really ashamed of it to ignore my question.

XRP saves 60% on international remittance costs. That is a MASSIVE use case, moron.

And no, nobody can "click a button" and magically create more XRP. where do you tards come up with this shit?

RIP, brainlet.

same question I asked op, what bag makes you feel so threatened by XRP?

>XRP saves 60% on international remittance costs.
I'm sending USD, I'm not sending XRP. Cryptos aren't a cheap remittances solution.

>nobody can "click a button" and magically create more XRP
They could create XRP2. There's nothing giving it inherent value.

Ok for every fucktard that isnt capable of thinking and googling for himself fuckl off.

What are nostro account?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostro_and_vostro_accounts

What does XRP do?
Its solving the NOSTRO ACCOUNT FUCKING PROBLEM YOU FUCKING SUBHUMANS

There is absolutely zero real world use for the token "XRP." Ripple Labs is essentially using XRP as a testnet, and is selling the Ripple Hyper Ledger to companies. Did you stupid fucks really think that the big banks were going to use your coins?

Is you retarded or just autistic?

IDGAF what YOU are sending. XRP is not a consumer facing coin. It's an INDUSTRY facing coin. Company/Bank A in the USA cannot simply send USD to Company/Bank B in Thailand.

>they can create XRP2

just, no. come back when you actually have a fucking clue what you're talking about instead of parroting biztards and twitter shills.

XRP wasn't designed for the "big banks" numbnuts. It was designed for inefficient payment corridors among the plethora of smaller banks who need to send money internationally and are sick of getting raped on costs by the JP Morgans of the world.

You would know this if you actually spent 3 minutes doing actual research.

That's you. You believe banks need your XRP tokens to use software.

Brainlet here: Why would banks use something so volatile to transfer wealth if ripple moves down a couple of cents than banks could loose millions of dollars? Also I think banks will be one of the last type of institution to use crypto as they may see it as to risky, not to mention they will have their brand attached to ripple if they choose to use it.

XRP is a token. Ripple is a product for settling money transfers. The two are unrelated.

>what is a market maker

^google it.

Everything is volatile, even FIAT pairs. Just go watch the Forex market sometime.

Sit down and study this shit before farting out loud from your mouth what you call "opinion"
Do you know i ve heard the same shit 2015 ? And 2016 and 2017. New year new stupid shit lmao
While you arguing with other anons on an autistic board why they wont use xrp its going to the moon. Are you really that stupid not to make money?
Im sorry. Pathetic loser will be on this board while XRP will be at 20$ and tell the people the same shit like today and the previous years. lmao

theyre got taking your BTC and ETH away

WOW just WOW
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaahah
He is here to save the world guiiis :D hahahahaah

>XRP will be at 20$
It took a bigger hit than the coins you bash. While it's possible it'll be $3 again, the party won't last for long.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure but it is possible for ripple to be over 9000.

>over 9,000

No. We'll probably see XRP in the $10-$20 range this year assumijg the market as a whole keeps growing like it has been.

$100 is possible in the future with EPIC levels of adoption by FIs. But XRP will never be valued in the thousands of dollars. That is a pipe dream.

if XRP gets a tax exemption, $100 is not impossible.

Ripple hired the right people to make this happen. Someday Veeky Forumstards will wake up to see that XRP sucked the market cap of everything else.

go back to school andrew

haha that was supposed to be an argument AGAINST eth?
holy shit

>XRP is worth 1.00$
>Bank A converts 1m USD to 1m XRP.
>Bank A sends funds to Bank B
>XRP is now worth 0.99$
>Bank B converts 1m XRP to 990,000 USD

Who is going to pay for the difference?

1) that's still much lower than current cost

ripple.com/insights/ripple-and-xrp-can-cut-banks-global-settlement-costs-up-to-60-percent/

2) they would the transfer in smaller batches

3) volatility goes both ways, so it will even out unless there's a crash going

4) as volume increase because of wider adoption, volatility will decrease

no centralized business will ever use publicly traded coins in their system.
banks will never use XRP
payment providers will never use XRP

nEvEr uSe xRp. Lololol

So this is what happens to some who buys xrp at 3.6$...

anything changed? Name one bank that uses xrp

bought at 15-20 cents. sold 30% near ATH. bought the dip at $1.

will be selling you at $5.

Oh boi /biz is plastered with proof and you are demanding me to shit for you on a plate.
Get a life stop wasting time for everyone. Just look at the facts before mentally breaking down

Thats the risk but with no risk comes no reward.

Either they all use it and I'm a millionaire or they they don't and my investment is worth nothing. Only time will tell but I'm feeling pretty comfy.

>/biz is plastered with proof
that's what would someone without proof would say
youtu.be/NhieGgf219Y?t=2m27s