Anyone operating a LINK node here?

anyone operating a LINK node here?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/thodges-gh/Chainlink-Node/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You didn't buy BZC yet user? Kek

planning to. just need to figure out all of the specifics

how much link you gotta hold to node? i got 20k wondering if i can make some nice bank

How do you operate a node for a product that does not exist and that no one is using?

bazingafags are back? damn.
In the future you autist

Set up a node on AWS last night. Went through all the docs and whitepaper this morning to make notes. Am about to start picking the node apart and potentially starting to write an external adapter today.

I would get on this stuff now, because by the time the Mainnet launches, there are going to be a lot of people already with working nodes/data.

none is needed. staking LINK gives your node priority.

what guide did you use? just the official documentation?

Where are people going to get the data from?

Official documentation, the whitepaper, and github.com/thodges-gh/Chainlink-Node/

That is up to you. You need to decide what kind of data you will provide. You need to source APIs to find it from.

I have a bunch of ideas already, but I don't want to share them :( sorry, user.

It's ok im too much of a brainlet to work all this out anyway. Need to find someone else to partner with, I'll brink the link, they can bring the data, api & programming skills

so if i make a node, do i get linkies from it?

Actually, it can be up to both the node and the client what data/API is to be used.

Good thing is, the EU just effectively forced banks to open up their internal APIs to third parties, effectively decentralizing internal bank data.
And this happened the very same year Chainlink is going live.
This is like stars aligning.

Nevermind I get it. (Actually arsed myself to read)

Are nodes being used as we speak or are they just built and waiting?

But how do you get that data as a third party? I mean I can just turn up at Citibank and be like, please give me all the apis

Look up PSD2.
It entered into force a week or two ago.

I unironically market dumped my stack of LINK yesterday and put it all into Mobius. I'm sorry but the lack of updates, developments, communication and quite frankly the tasteless overshilling of LINK around these parts has ruined my enthusiasm for it. I don't really think Sergey has his heart in Chainlink anymore. Something changed along the way, I can feel his enthusiasm for it waning similarly to how he left NXT like a thief in the night. He probably had a great time raising millions of dollars with the ICO and being a famous celebrity on biz, and I'm happy for him, I really am, but he lost his hunger for success along the way. The Bitcoin superconference will likely be a total shitshow. I've no doubt the price will dump within minutes of Sergey walking off stage. I really enjoyed holding LINK, it was a pretty cool bag to carry for a while, but Mobius is definitely the new wave of oracle tech and has the momentum/edge now.

Pump group with 40k members will be having a pump on Binance at 7pm EST. You don't want to miss it!
www.discord gg/4gQsHam

Yikes...you’ll never make it user

you don't poo in a loo do you user?

>sold all his LINK

Sorry you want to be poor.

I have read this same comment on LINK threads for about a week. Why dont you come up with better FUD, then KYS faggot

stale pasta

>Sergey
>Losing his hunger

OP, do you need special hardware to run a node?
Or even a raspi would do?

Not OP, but I'm gonna experiment with a rasp pi 3.

Writing the raspian image as we speak.

Let us know of your success user, I have a rasp pi waiting just for this.

Will do. If I had more funds I'd buy more PI's and make a cluster for this project. Meh, small steps.

mobius...more like poopius, LOL.

any quick tech references for further reading? looking to stake my link once the mainnet is up

I'm just going to start with the tutorial setup and patch from there if necessary.

What’s the advantage in using a raspberry pi for this over your own regular computer?

None, most likely a disadvantage really. I'm just experimenting to see what this little thing is capable of. Portability would be the only advantage I see so far, the ability to carry a node with you.

ty meng

> extra low power consumption
> finally some use for this piece of hard

Step 1
Updating and upgrading.

>linux
People still use that botnet? lmao

what do you use?

What do you use then? Better be openbsd user

probably Windows 10: NSA Honeypot Edition

Are you asking me if I work at McDonalds?

Chrome OS

Congratulations, you're stupid.

Testing on your own machine or RPi is fine, but when it comes to launching actual nodes you're probably going to want to run them on AWS or similar for purposes of uptime/reliability.

Will anyone here be using linkpool.io to stake? 30% seems like a LOT

>this guy talks about botnets
>uses a Google system

Nice try brainlet.

I'm a brainlet, so yes.

It just 100% seems like it’s going to be bitconnect

This
Like hell I am giving to anybody my hard earned linkies

Thomas said he tried. It didn't work.

What about $20 revived pentium3 comps?

If everyone is running on AWS, doesn't that kind of cut down on the decentralization to some degree?

I know this is pasta but the first sentence cracks me up

then fire up your nodes on azure and google cloud lol

I suppose in a sense. The odds of Amazon crippling ChainLink nodes is slim to none, though.

Also, people aren't required to use AWS. It's just convenient is all.

Do you guys run the node from your own laptop or did you buy a separate laptop to run it on?

Couldn't I just run it from a desktop PC?
Yea, I gotcha. It just feels somewhat similar to all of the BCH mining being done on antminers rather than individual computers. I recognize that it's basically inevitable, so as I'm typing, I'm realizing that it's basically pointless for me to even bring up this issue

Yes. Easy passive income, going all in at the start if i'm fast enough.

But why not watch the Thomas Hodges tutorial on how to run your own nodes and get 100% returns?

running a node will be a real job. You're gonna have to fight for data feeds. Don't expect people to just hand you money.

Because i'm brainlet. It just seems to be too complicated for me.

>Only pool out takes a 30% fee

Somebody better create another pool with lower fees.

Why? Unless you don't trust smart contracts. In which case what the fuck are you doing here?

I think he means that particular pool, not LINK in itself.

I haven't looked at their expected payout scheme, but there's no fucking way I'm giving away 30% of my profits.

>Are nodes being used as we speak or are they just built and waiting?
nothing's being used yet. the mainnet isn't out. any nodes you can have up on the ruby testnet right now are useless as well.
when mainnet is out in Q2 and the source code in GO is out nodes start being used

Yeah I know, you'll be staking your link via a smart contract, which you can read. When you look at the hardware they plan on using it doesn't seem that unreasonable, and you'll probably make more than more than that 30% back vs running your own shitty raspi node.

Does anyone know how the penalties will work?
for example I don't think the penalty should be the same for giving false data as going offline due to power/internet outage
Imagine you have your entire stack of links locked in multiple assignments (because why not maximize your profit obviously by running it on full steam) and you have a power outage or you lose your internet connection thus losing everything? I mean even if you have some back up power/internet supply it's a risk, therefore I'm pretty sure that's not how the penalty would work, but maybe you guys already touched on this subject?

No one else hopping in linkpool?

Unless I read it wrong, you have the ability to profit from someones penalty if you catch the bid next.

You definitely read that wrong. There is no mid-assignment bidding process.

>Not having a diesel powered backup generator in your bedroom closet

What are you, a fag?

I will be, I just worry that they'll loose my link one day and be like "LOL MY BAD"

If you're at >10k LINK, link pool is your redemption

sounds comfy
2 diesel power generator and 3 internet connections running simultaneously should be enough then

>people not realizing why colos and hosting providers and fuggin AWS exist
yeah let's all run critical enterprise serious business stuff out of our moms' basements

what if =10k

>tfw already used my 2018 $500 AWS free credits from university mining shitcoins on V100's

>He doesn't have a diesel powered generator
>He doesn't have a satellite phone
>He doesn't have a raspberry pi 1
>He doesn't google for local electricians to help set up the node
>He doesn't pay the 14 year old neighour kid $2 an hour to make sure the node runs

Step it up.

How difficult would it be for someone with very little (read none) backend knowledge to set up a node. The only coding I’ve done has been front end: jquery/js, css, html. Any of you big brain nibbas want to help a brainlet out?

Ya I anticipate an arms race among developers trying to lay claim to data feeds.

Stay the fuck off my feed ideas. They're mine!

I'm at 10k too, and I plan on staking it. That's the best option for us IMO. Stake your LINK for a few years, build your stack, and then cash out after ChainLink network has full adoption

We're gonna make it

this. you're retarded if you think running a node will be as simple as running a miner for some shitcoin. its NOT a set and forget kind of thing.

I'm literally 4 commands away from running it.

I don't know shit about setting up a node, apis, smart contracts and all that bs, I just want to stake my linkies and make more linkies. I will probably take the deal of giving 30% away. Better than nothing.

I'm a mid tier linkie as well. 12k links. Hoping we can get to at least $30 some day, and make at least 2% monthly. I'd be comfy then. All I really want is like 5k a month. That'd be enough to NEET and not feel bad about myself while pursuing personal interests. I could focus on producing. I could play vanilla wow all day. I could travel, I could do more video projects. And money wouldn't matter. And maybe those hobbies could turn into additional revenue. I could finally live for myself.

Hope we make it bros.

Where did the idea of having to fight for data feeds come from? The customers will be specifying the data they want and the sources they want it from in the smart contracts. There won't be any fighting for anything, and there aren't any super secret APIs that you can corner the market on. Once a node has a contract it either retrieves the requested data and gets paid or it doesn't and eats the penalty.

>needing an electrician

why are europoor so retarded

>Can't see through the most obvious joke

Pajeet or Burger?

Assuming you don’t have a ton of dependcies to install and you don’t download the whole block chain and just run light this really should be quick. If there are anons interested in me setting up a vps so you can have your own reply and I’ll decide if I want to figure out how to offer these out.

As far as running the node... I’d need more documentation to see how staking, etc works

Can you run a node on a rig you are mining with?

bad idea?

Private data, access to data that others don’t, being the first(which is obviously an advantage) to open up an api, fuck you could even build apis to data that wouldn’t be public to run for smart contracts. I think the ecosystem will be very diverse and offers huge opportunities.

stinky linky doopity doo
stinky linky no money for you

On reddit the linkpool guys said it might decrease depending on the future. They're primary reason is they are putting a lot of money up front and users dont put money up front. Either way its for brainlets who cant set up their own servers and these two guys have posted where they live. The UK is not very friendly to scammers.

I unironically market dumped my stack of LINK yesterday and put it all into Mobius. I'm sorry but the lack of updates, developments, communication and quite frankly the tasteless overshilling of LINK around these parts has ruined my enthusiasm for it. I don't really think Sergey has his heart in Chainlink anymore. Something changed along the way, I can feel his enthusiasm for it waning similarly to how he left NXT like a thief in the night. He probably had a great time raising millions of dollars with the ICO and being a famous celebrity on biz, and I'm happy for him, I really am, but he lost his hunger for success along the way. The Bitcoin superconference will likely be a total shitshow. I've no doubt the price will dump within minutes of Sergey walking off stage. I really enjoyed holding LINK, it was a pretty cool bag to carry for a while, but Mobius is definitely the new wave of oracle tech and has the momentum/edge now.

And? Did it run?