The ledger nanos are sold out until march. I heard trezor is crap. What do?

The ledger nanos are sold out until march. I heard trezor is crap. What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Ledger-Nano-Cryptocurrency-Hardware-Wallet/dp/B01J66NF46
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump for interest

pre order, this has been the situation for at least a year

I have trezor and enjoy it.

Far more supported coins and more coming.

What's so crap about it?

paper wallet

I like my Trezor. I haven't used a Ledger yet so I have nothing to compare it to. I love not having to deal with paper wallets.

Pay extra from a ledger authorized retailer that they list on their site. Some have in stock. Fullhodl had it as of last week

trezor
paper wallet
keep your shit on an exchange (suicide mode)

pick one

i have both and only use my trezor, this nigger board is full of faggots

amazon.com/Ledger-Nano-Cryptocurrency-Hardware-Wallet/dp/B01J66NF46

Huh - they are in stock

>The ledger nanos are sold out until march. I >What do?

err. . .

make an eff'n paper wallet

wait.

They are both fine. User Trezor not long term storage and Ledger for trading and regular access.

A lot of sites support Ledger but not Trezor.

yes paper wallet for your .002 BTC, but for anyone with a big boy's amount of money needs a little more security.

trezor unironically has better wallet software, but fucking sucks they only support a few coins

trezor not support xlm

if you have the hardware components couldn't you make your own hardware wallet? Tiny LCD/LED screen, almost any small board out these days (one Im interested in runs android and is fast as shit forgot the name)

But I'm really not up to date on exactly how a hardware wallet generates the seeds/public key or any of the algorithms, anyone want to explain?

>A lot of sites support Ledger but not Trezor.
Just use MEW jesus how stupid are you?

trezor supports more coins

that looks so much more convenient than a small thumb drive sized device

• Buy a punch kit and a piece of metal and lock it up.
• Buy a dedicated airgapped wallet device like a raspberry pi.

For the life of me, I don't understand why anyone would hinge the existence of their savings on a device with a thousand points of failure.

if monero had a hard wallet you wouldn't be able to afford monero, pajeet. PAJEET. you little piece of stool.

It won't store my QTUM otherwise it's fine.

>a thousand points of failure
explain 1

Ark shop sells branded nano. It's the same with their logo on it. They have it in stock.

Veracrypt on a dedicated linux laptop.

I'll never understand spending 3x as much money on a dedicated laptop you need to be ultra careful with, rather than just use a hardware wallet lmfao. I have a feeling people have assumptions about them that just aren't true...

This is what I do with an unlisted trac phone with SMS verification

Every single part of the board of the device. That's a few hundred right there.

You have your recovering code. If the wallet fails, you can still recover it. So long as you don't lose it...

lmfao so no actual points of failure, just your imagination.

I just use an older laptop I wouldn't use otherwise.
Put .tc file on the cloud for redundancy.
Hardware wallets are for the tech inept.

And now we've come to the summary of the device.

It enters a password for you and if not, you can enter another password.

I'll stick to taking ten seconds to type some words to put things in and out of cold storage.

A laptop will run you 200-300$. You don't need a powerful one.
Also I buy coins on the laptop anyway. It's literally just dedicated to crypto and nothing else.

In basic terms. It's not that difficult. It takes 10 seconds to get into the wallet.

Hardware wallets are for people who understand the tech and don't want to mess with all of that. I can plug it into any computer and not even worry about it. If you want to move your shit, its a huge risky pain in the ass. If I want to do it, I just do it right here and not even worry.

Lol thats a water cooled micro atx computer I was fucking around with to put in my car, but I learned a shit ton about sourcing and building your own displays and capac. touch glass displays. So it got me the idea a really small handheld maybe size of an older gameboy, with full touch screen, wouldn't be too bad to hold all your crypto on. But I just have no idea how it works.

I paid $80 for my trezor, ($200 right now tho). So you paid more for a far less secure device, that is fucking huge, that you can't bring with you in your pocket, that you can't just use on any computer...

I have a Trezor and a Nano. I like the Trezor's GUI better. It also feels studier.

I have both and prefer Trezor. I only use my nano for NEO

I get the feeling you don't actually understand what a hardware wallet is or how it works.

Oh, also, let's not forget about this shit. Think of the level of targeting that Ledger and Trezor devices have on their heads now.

Paper wallet, don't trust chink garbage

>don't want to mess with all of that
Like I said, tech inept. It's the same thing and as said, you could just use a phone.
Not to mention the ridiculous amount of trust you are placing in the manufacturer of essentially a black box you don't understand.

It is not the same as a phone and if you think that you literally do not get it.

The hilarious thing is your laptop is affected by that, hardware wallets are not. The key never leaves the wallet. You could use it on a laptop with every piece of malware known to man and they still won't get your shit...

You push a button and it confirms a transaction amount and provides your private key to the wallet that you're using.

If stolen, thieves can easily find out what it is and what to do with it.
Its profile is a significant target for hackers.
It provides no benefits over just keeping a private key in physical form.

Even Ledger understand this shit.

Yes, I'm sure that the components that make up a hardware wallet will never be backdoored for sure.

Trezor is fine, it just supports limited currencies. BTC, LTC, ETH, ERC20 tokens, BCash, Bitcoin Gold. Worth every penny if you have six figures or more in crypto.

Just use a raspberry pi, it can double as a proof-of-stake node

Thieves can't do shit with it unless they have my pin and passcode which I don't keep written down anywhere. I leave mine out on my kitchen table without worries. But I do have to keep the seed words in physical form in case the device gets lost or stolen and I need to recover it on a new device. But even with my seed words stolen they would need my secret pass phrase I didn't write down that acts as a 25th seed to recover my private key

Yeah, you're wrong.
The wallet generates the seeds for wallets based on a 24 word seed.
That metal thing in that is for your 24 word seed, which is just like any bip39 wallet. It's a good idea to use those for any wallet.
The hardware wallet signs the transaction and sends the signed transaction.
The keys never leave the device.

If it is stolen, it has a pin number.
Thieves cannot get the keys off the device (especially a ledger), and if you lose it you just import your seed into any wallet before they even have a chance.
Also, you can have any number of wallets that are passphrase protected, which makes your password the 25th word of the seed, and literally nobody can get at those wallets without the password, even if they get your seed, your wallet, and your pin number.

Not to mention its open source hardware and software, you can fucking build your own with your own components you order if you're that worried about it.

>It provides no benefits over just keeping a private key in physical form.
that's just retarded lol.

We know how they work, if you think you are safe transacting from a compromised computer, you are dead wrong.
Having a hardware wallet is like carrying a badge that says crypto-enthusiast.

Explain how a compromised computer will be a problem for a hardware wallet.

Transactions can be hijacked/spoofed, you wouldn't lose what is on the wallet, but you could lose what you attempt to transact. This already exists and is transparent to the user.

You sound right on all points except for the possibility of exploiting the hardware. Which is now a point of extreme interest for thieves worldwide. I know neither you nor I are smarter than the people that find computer exploits, so I'm not going to challenge them on that front.

Also, I want my wife or other family members to be able to access my funds without issue. Memorizing things is a terrible measure of security.

Stamped metal, fireproof, waterproof, lasts for ages, can be buried, stamped on inconspicuous areas, and so much more.

I'll keep a plate hidden at home a plate buried out in a place from my childhood, and a plate at a relative's house.

>he doesn't store his wallet on a USB connected to a Tails live Laptop running a VM of windows XP.

That's only true if you don't actually check the address on the device when you send the transaction.
This is exactly why when you send a tx it won't let you send it without pushing the physical button on the device confirming you checked the address.

>check the address
>on a compromised pc

That's fine but there is no reason you can't do that with a hardware wallet too lol.
There is also no reason you can't teach them how to use it.

The device shows you the address it is signing the transaction to. It has nothing to do with the computer it is plugged into.

Build a new PC and never connect it to the Internet

Get a USB and format it

Safely (through Mac or chrome book) download a MEW offline wallet generator and VeraCrypt installer

Generate a wallet offline on the newly built PC

User VeraCrypt to create a encrypted USB and a hidden encryption partition within the USB (so if someone has a gun to your head you can put in the fake password and it'll open the fake partition)

Use veracrypt to encrypt a folder containing the offline mew credentials too

Make a few other encrypted usbs with private keys all with different passwords. Keep some in the bank and some at home. Even bury some in the backyard.

There you go, now you can even send money to this offline wallet which is on a offline PC which has never been connected to the Internet.

Just keep your coins on an exchange lmao.

Can you still lock in the price with a Trezor? I got the ledger before it sold out, did it sell out becuase it's the only hardware wallet with the locking feature?

Nocoiner here. What do people usually do with these? Say you have 250k in crypto. You have 50k in ETH, 50k in BTC, then the other 150k in altcoins.

Do you just have to leave your altcoins on the exchange? Can you make a paper wallet for any altcoin?

If people are "trading" alot, do they move everything they have into a hardware/paper wallet when they go to bed?

Points of failure:
>recovery code displayed is not the one stored on trezor due to (unknown failure)
>receiving address shown by trezor is not one in your wallet due to (unknown failure)

But these apply to any method of using cryptos.
The only way to approach being secure is to use multiple methods of storing and redeeming your cryptos so that one can fail and you haven't lost everything.

I have my cryptos split between a trezor, a ledger, and a paper wallet.

Assuming you have the address memorized (last 4 or so) or you wrote it down, that would work. For generated addresses, they can be spoofed at the memory level, thus the address that you see and the one posted to the device are the same, yet still compromised. In any case, it is not a good idea doing anything crypto on a compromised pc, and this is just one of the reasons why.

Fair enough, although that's pretty unlikely.
If someone is spoofing addresses you're generating at the memory level, I'm guessing you've got some serious problems coming on top of losing your transaction.

when u get hacked by a bunch of fucking gooks don't come back

Brainlet here, what's wrong with storing a paper wallet on an encrypted flash drive?

Buy the Ark branded ledger nano s. They're available right now on Ark's site. Same thing, just has an Ark logo on it.

Like I said, malware that does this already exists, so something to think about. Ideally you would have a dedicated pc and a hardware wallet, but once you have linux setup, the wallet is practically moot. Especially if you are using something non-persistent like tails.

i would rather have diarrhea on the streets of mumbai than do this, madam.

What if those are the shadowforked Ledgers??? Google Jason Parson

Nothing beats a paper wallet stored in a bank vault.

Not even hardware wallets.

download sandbox exe
get protable hard drive
run wallet on portable hard drive while in sandbox
no need for bullshit trezor

your password can be recovered from flash memory...

its not kept in memory. whatever you type in is used as the 25th word of the seed and generates the wallets based on that.

True, but how many people have actually lost anything due to that? I just searched for a while and didn't find anything, maybe you know of some specific case?.
Maybe I'm wrong, but It just seems like one of those boogieman things that could happen but never does.

Ledger blue?

just locked in my price of BTC at 13k! :D

Trezor is the longest running hw wallet and most trustworthy. I'm waiting for the new model of trezor to be available then I'll put half in trezor and the other half in armory.

I'll cash out slowly over time to pay for necessary shit and your altcoin scams and tax meme can fuck off. Bitcoin is the only crypto.

Two years ago Bitcoin was dead, there were no cocksuckers shilling scammy altcoins, and certainly.no tax threads. RIP in peace biz

Yes you can make a paper wallet for any altcoin, or anything that uses public/private key cryptography basically.

Except that you have to trust jews not to look.

Oh, and for police not to get a search warrant for your SDB.