Credit Cards

Does anyone on Veeky Forums know anything about credit/charge cards?

I’m torn between Amex Platinum and Chase Sapphire Preferred. Kinda for the upper class but I get the annual fees waived so it’s very affordable.

Anyone have other recommendations?

>McMansions

Do Americans really not have debit cards?

we do

Go with Amex, Sapp is pleb tier compared to Amex Plat.

Yes credit is good than debit, because 2% cash back on anything or save for airlines first class. Plus if stolen easy to replace and not have access to your savings in checking or savings.

So why not use that?

Of course we do, we set the fucking standard of wealth and greed and debt. Can't go in debt without credit asshole.

I have debit but credit actually pays you to use the cards via cash back or points as long as you pay off your bill every month

Plus I wanna build up my credit score. I only have a 790 right now, want to get into the 800s.

>if you not trying be
what did he mean by this?

I have two credit cards along with my debit card.
I get discounts when I use one card in local stores, and I get discounts on gas on the other one. I just use my debit card for everything else.
I pay my credit cards off every month whole sale and end up paying less than if I used a debit card for everything.

Amex... how do you get the annual fees waived?

Members of the military get the fees waived.

nice nigger meme pussy.

>cardboard mansions

AMERICANOS

Amex platinum is kind of gay if you don't travel a lot because of the 550/year fee. But I still applied for and got one because it's more of a status thing.
>being this retarded
My score is 770 but I have two hard inquiries falling off the report this week.
>get personal loan
>get car loan at dealership
>pay for car loan with personal loan
>pay for personal loan with cash
>now I have two real loans on my history and not just credit cards

Why you want a platinum and how much is annual fee for burgers? In Australia the fee is $1200 a year for a concierge. Seriously what ??

This is really weird.

Do Europeans not realize that you can buy brick homes here or build them new? We just generally don't because they are more money.

Probably better off posting this on /b/. This is the crypto subreddit

Go to /r/churning and search those cards

I use amex it's great plus they reflect your credit quickly. It was faster than some banks.

Although I have zero experience with the other

personally credit card rewards are a bonus for me so i got for miles/travel.. but if you go for cash back get citi costcocard. really depends on how much you spend because the citi costs $50 a year (membership)

Using my credit cards for discounts and paying debt for everything else is weird?

College student here. How the fuck am i supposed to build credit? Should i use my card as much as possible.

Amex has deals with Star Wood and Hilton, but if you want to go elsewhere or dine out frequently your better deal is Chase, Preferred has 25% discounts for using their booking mechanism and Reserved has 50% discounts, if you travel frequently it more than pays for itself quickly.

For such a big house that landscaping is utterly shit

whats the best travel card

always keep 10% balance. pay the rest off each month. 2nd card will also increase your score as long as your debt to limit is under 30%

Use it and set automatic payments to pay the full balance every month, it's effectively the same as using your debit card except your credit score isn't 0.

Do you have a credit card or loan? Make on time payments, that's the most important part, having loans and paying them, get an installment loan for the history, get a credit card, keep a very small balance (under 10%) or pay it off in full, see if you're pre-qualified before applying for stuff, keep accounts open.

hideous mcmansion
i live in a wealthy suburb of DC and the amount of people who actually want to live in houses like that boggles my mind.
if i had millions to spend on a house i would work with a fucking architect to make sure i had a beautiful, livable space.

wrong nigger. you need to show the "need" for the credit line. keep 10% of you limit each month

This can't possibly be correct. I've never paid a cent of interest and my credit is superb.

I like my csp because cashiers always notice it
>omg it's so heavy

No, let a few bucks report each month on your statement but always pay in full. Don't get jewed with interest rates by not paying the full balance. Also my cc limits are ridiculously high, 10% would be more than I spend in a year. I usually have about 2-3% utilization on my credit report and my score is in the 800 range. 10% utilization is the most you would want to have reported, use between 1 and 5 for best scores. Also keep asking for limit increases, as it shows banks are willing to trust you with large sums of money

Get the chase. Get the sapphire reserve. Great points, lounge acccess everywhere. Plus, chase won't issue you a card if you've gotten one in the last two years.

Get that first. Get approved. An hour later get the amex. You just scored yourself a first class ticket anywhere.

Smug looking asshole.bmp
>have credit cards
>combined $23,000 limity
>interest free for 18 months
>pay daily expenses with credit
>pay nothing for the privilege
>receive a few dollars reward for the privilege
So why would I use a debit card? It's like you're a manchild who can't control their spending and will get $25k debt in weeks

>if i had millions to spend
Salty ass poor whining about how the rich spend their money.
>ISHYGDDT

Agreed. But let's be real user, that's a mortgaged mcmansion. That's a 1-2 mil net worth kind of guy.

>you have to pay the 50% interest rates on your cards for a good credit rating!
lmao this is some quality normie-tier FUD, feels like something I'd hear over a dinner discussion with Staceys and Chads

That is also a tacky mcmansion just with brick walls

Everybody in this thread shilling credit cards is dumb. Statistically people spend more money when they use credit cards vs. debit cards and especially cash. Period. No, you are not an exception and if you believe you are, you are deluding yourself. So, yes, you can use CCs and pay them off every month like a good goy but you will just end up spending more in the end.

Applied for a credit card but got denied since my score was too low. How do I fix this? Never had a need for credit, but I thought I could use the cashback as free money.

No marks or anything, and I've got a good cash reserve. (50k usd+). Am student

Get a car with a higher interest rate. Pay it off quickly before the fees hit and improve you score. Rinse and repeat until you can get a better card on a better deal.

I don't have a car loan, I just bought my car straight up

You see, I don't have a credit card at all

Nice McMansion in the middle of nowhere, with a friggin camaro sitting out front. Screams "desperate to look rich because I'm a cuck".

I hate to condone this kind of shit but if you are just itching to get started on the treadmill of consumer debt all you gotta do is go to your bank and get a "secured" credit card. They'll hold some of your money and give you a credit card for the amount. After a year they give you your money back and the CC becomes unsecured. Congrats. You too can now worship at the alter of the great Experian/Equifax/FICO

what a shitty fuckin mcmansion
good god get some god damn taste

Go to mommy or daddy's credit union and open a savings account, then ask them about opening a credit card. They are usually more lenient about low scores and no history and are more willing to help. If they deny you ask about a secured card where you pay a deposit usually in the form of a cd (certificate of deposit) in case you don't pay the bill. You would only want a secured card that will have the option to transform into an unsecured (regular) credit card after an agreed time frame and you get your funds released with interest. If your parents don't belong to a credit union you can usually find a local one that accepts people that live in the same community as it

The data is probably skewed because there are a lot of stupid poor people that spend more than they can afford because of credit.

> he went into debt
Stay poor faggot
If you rack the disciprine to save up a stake, make some gainz, and then ride house money to the moon you don't deserve to make it.

Anyone who doesn't have a credit card is retarded. Get one and use it for every single purchase you make.

I have to pay a monthly fee to use a debit card. Instead I get a credit card, pay no fee, pay it off in full so I've never paid intrest and on top of that I get reward points which ends up being like 1% cash back and I have built an excellent credit score without taking out a loan ever.

Started out with my PayPal debit card in my 20s, eventually got a secured card, then applied for a capital one quiksilver card and got one.

Have a 770 credit score at 35, I just bullshit capital one about my income and they give me regular credit limit increases.

I have a couple hundred thousand in vangaurd and a few million in Bitcoin, I have discipline.and don't waste my money on frivolous shit

This, but use the personal loan for weed and cheetos and never pay it back. The true american dream.

Debt is a useful tool if you're not retarded about it. Consider the following:
>get 10k loan
>build mining rig
>put half of profits towards paying back the loan and keep half for yourself
>6 months later the loan is paid off and the hardware has paid for itself (even though you can still sell the hardware later)
>everything after that is pure profit

Vs

>wait 1-3 years to save up 10k
>by that time difficulty has increased substantially so you get less coins
>cry because you refused to take the Hebrew pill

Obviously debt doesn't come without risk, but there is definitely a valid way to use it to your advantage. You could mitigate the risk by doing half and half.

debit card:
>use card
>that's it!

credit card:
>get a credit card with a rewards program
>treat credit card just like a debit card
>pay off entire card at the end of the month
>basically get free money for not being an idiot
>you also build up a good credit score that may or may not come in handy in the future for loans or whatever for also not being an idiot

Literally no reason to not use a credit card so long as you only purchase within your means. Normies subsidize these rewards programs because the majority cannot grasp this simple concept in burgerland and that's where the banks make their money.

yeah i only buy mid century contemporary or carpenter gothic style homes hoe

Credit is a powerful tool.

Eh, I fucking hate people who can't control their debts or use debt as a constructive device. Thanks for the tip, although I can't find any banks in my country that has the secured credit card option.
We don't have credit unions in my country, but thanks anyway. I guess I can wait with the credit card. It's perhaps because of my public income statement which stated practilly zero income because I spent the previous available year as a conscript.

Hey that's my house I net u can't afford half of what it costs

DUDE that's my house

Nice LARP faggot, go back to your trailer

If it's really yours then wave out of one of the windows. Otherwise
>LARP

How is Amex platinum a status symbol? Isn’t the Black card the exclusive one?

I'm at apartment downtown right now

I can believe u guys r talking about my house right now

And I'm not a faggot......faggot

Its the best of theirs that's non invite only, it's heavy, it's amex,???, profit

Still looks like shit

FUCK U MY HOUSE IS FREAKING AWESOME

Fuck you LARPer that's my house

NO IM SERIOUS THATS MY HOUSE U GUYS R FREAKIN LOSERS

I buy everything on credit, pay it off in full at the end of the month.
Builds credit score, can't remember the last time I used my debit card.

Reddit needs to fucking leave

Mah nigga

Brick homes suck and are ugly anyway.

>he doesn't put a buffer between him and his fait

>that roof
lmao

I have an AMEX platinum card. I travel a lot so it works for me. Lounge access is really a lot better than I thought it would be and the points are very flexible in that you can convert them into a wide range of flyer points.

One thing I don’t understand is - why the fuck do you people dip into the credit? I use mine as a debit card as in I transfer money to it and NEVER dip into the actual credit. Is there something I’m missing here?

Credit card interest in my country is 16%
Lel

>everything in this picture worth about 150k max
stay poor

I have a Visa through a credit union, I don't think it has a rewards program. All I use it for is gas. Has like a 5k limit.

Wtf you pre pay money into it before spending? Just pay on before the interest starts getting charged. That money elsewhere is making or saving money

Fuck I have a termite infested shit hole that is worth 1.4m (I paid 800k)Aus dollars, outer suburbs, limited access to anything. Why do you Americans have it so easy?

Lol normalfags in this thread taking out credit card
>muh disciplined and wise spending
>doesn't realize credit score is to help get things you can't afford
>Like clockwork

it's 10:36 PM and there is a Bell 407 police helicopter flying above me, and I can also hear a train horn blowing about 5 miles from here.

that's a really pretty house
it could use a fence, garden, and landscaping though

>this ugly mcmansion

El casa de la creature.

Americans....

but muh 1.184675894688% cash back

Sapphire Reserve depending on the Amex signup bonus. If you got a 100k one, go Amex. I would say go Amex anyways because Chase can suck a dick. I have Starwood Amex for daily expenses, Delta Platinum for companion ticket, Platinum for the lounge access, FHR, and Conceirge. I fucking love Amex because if you ever have a problem, they almost always side with you.