PoWH Warning

You are welcome Veeky Forums

Contract Diff can be found here:
diffchecker.com/8LLGzIcH

I doubled up and now I am OUT.

Other urls found in this thread:

test.jochen-hoenicke.de/eth/ponzitoken/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> // totalSupply ~= exp(LOGC + CRRN/CRRD*log(reserve())
> // i.e. totalSupply = C * reserve()**CRR

Just got to read the code

elaborate for us brainlets?

big if true

SCAM THREAD!!

DO NOT BUY THIS WORTHLESS SCAM TOKEN!

Scam, lose your eth.

lol!

Bro you are fucking retarded lol. Read the whole code you fucking mong. I literally program for a living, and that makes 0 fucking sense what you are circling

>a scam is a scam
really made me think

STAY POOR PAJEET read the smart contract changed from hoenickes principles

Someone wants to buy in cheaper

> Sorry I cant math
> but everyone else is getting rich off this
> FOMO in
> another 5 ETH
> I'll send you a postcard from my private island, math geek

2 Things.

I studied CS in college and worked and have been working as a programmer for the past 6 years. You're just making it up bc you know these dumb biz kids don't understand.

2. You spread FUD so the prices go down so you can buy up bc you were not able to get any

YOU CAN LITERALLY READ THE SMART CONTRACT YOURSELF ITS NOT HARD, this is plain fake FUD this nigger trying to get my bags

Basically, you aren't getting your money back. But the devs told you that it was a literal ponzi scheme so you have only yourself to blame if you put money in.

Fuddddd step away from my bags fool

There is never enough money in the account for everyone to be able to cash out. The majority of the money is literally just deleted and only those who cash out early will get away with anything.

>buying POWH at $250 when the whitepaper literally says the price being over $1 defeats the whole purpose

I did read the whole code you shit head.

The code which calculates ETH price per Token and Token price per ETH is unchanged. It follows the exact same formula as above.

If you think this makes 0 sense, tell me what those very specific constants do?

> function getTokensForEther(uint256 ethervalue) public constant returns (uint256 tokens) {
> return fixedExp(fixedLog(reserve() + ethervalue)*CRRN/CRRD + LOGC) - totalSupply;
> }
>
> function getEtherForTokens(uint256 tokens) public constant returns (uint256 ethervalue) {
> if (tokens == totalSupply)
> return reserve();
> return reserve() - fixedExp((fixedLog(totalSupply - tokens) - LOGC) * CRRD/CRRN);
> }

Look at them being used right there.

What kind of shitty programmer are you? You make fucking myspace templates?

Smart contract creator here, The Reserve amount (80%) in Hoenicke's algorithm is a specific formula to correctly scale the reserve amount of ethereum with the 5% increase in token price of his original Algorithm. Since he designed the algo around 1 Eth = 1 Token to start with, and people would much rather own entire tokens. We scaled the entrie system down from 5% to .25% per token, and increased the number of tokens roughly 100 fold. This new algorithm works perfectly with a 50% Ratio rather than an 80% reserve ratio. Under extensive testing we were unable to take any more ethereum out of the contract than we put in (1 eth to 60 eth to 1 eth again) which would not be the case if the reserve ratio was incorrect.

Thanks for your interesting fud however.

This is exactly right. The original contract had at least enough for 80% of people to cash out, this contract only has enough for 50%.

This means it will grow much more explosively at the start, but will crash harder than you can imagine.

Also remember that when I say "50% can cash out", I mean 50% of tokens. That may only be held by a few individuals depending on the starting price of the coin, which means that MOST OF YOU will get fucked.

Then you're also claiming that the original paper only has an 80% reserve?

YES

test.jochen-hoenicke.de/eth/ponzitoken/

>It is also a highly speculative token, as the price may rise or fall according to the amount of tokens issued. Don't invest more than you can afford to lose. Note that the 80 % reserve doesn't mean that 80 % of your money is safe. If the price is driven down, when people start selling tokens, you may only get 80 % of the lower price back.

>Note that the 80 % reserve doesn't mean that 80 % of your money is safe. If the price is driven down, when people start selling tokens, you may only get 80 % of the lower price back.
You may get 0% of the money back, if you're one of the last people to get out when it dries up.

OP is FUDing. I studied the contract. There will always be enough to cash out everyone. The price will drop as people cash out, but saying only 50% can cash out is bullshit. Everyone can cash out.

Having 1 token = 1 ether vs 1 token = .1 ether is a change in a multiplicative constant.

The change you made is in an exponent, which directly affects the growth and depletion curve of the coin.

Please share an excel sheet or similar to show this is not the case.

Yup I agree here. What I am FUDing is that the contract creators changed the constants to make the coin grow much faster, but as a result also make the group of people left with "nothing" much larger.

chill you brainlett. You have absolutely no idea what a reserve does.

the 80% reserve and 50% reserve modify the rate at which the coin changes prices on purchases. The math to get .25% is different than 5% and needs a different constant.

its not how many people can cash out. read the math again m8. or even better run it on a testnet yourself.

Actual contract creator here, imagine one person putting in 1eth, and then another putting in 1eth as well. Spoilers, if the first person sells his 1eth worth of tokens, he'll take out a lot more than he put, and the 2nd person gets shat on, as supposed to be in ponzi schemes.
And after all that the contract is left with a couple wei in reserve.

tl;dr
tokens are ALWAYS solvent, but their value can vary highly

>CRRN = Contract Reserve Ratio Numerator
>CRRD = Contract Reserve Ratio Denominator

=> CRRN/CRRD = Contract Reserve Ratio = 50%

Its fucking 5th grade math here

Just so you know, a ponzi is still illegal even if you admit that it's a ponzi. You're still tricking people into "investing" because you're claiming that this ponzi is somehow different. Just because you admit to a crime doesn't mean you're not a criminal. People who make money off of this can go to prison.

I don't disagree here at all. What I am saying is that this shit will collapse so much harder and faster than a token with a higher reserve.

Contract creators made it so that it booms much faster, and that has consequences to all of you, especially since they get in at the VERY VERY VERY start.