/smg/ Stock Market General

/rgt/ Robinhood General name change because of
crypto.robinhood.com/

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest.
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Other urls found in this thread:

hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/b/bca-marketplace-plc-ordinary-1p
businessinsider.com/goldman-sachs-stock-market-forecast-high-probability-of-correction-2018-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

gappers this morning

Pre-Market is a go, what memes are we all looking at? OHRP dipped back to .31 and I might buy in again, NBEV too if it goes sub 3.80

Earnings season this week fellas

lots of stuff to gamble

Looks like a pink wojak day

We should still just call it rgt. Who gives a shit.

$NAK

A lot of posts will eventually be about crypto shit then.

A lot of people here dont even use robinhood. It was always kinda retarded to be like "hey fuck you we're gonna name the only stock thread on biz after our kindergarten app"

Sup niggers I have 5k in twitter. I bought it at $28 like 2yrs ago thinking that it would have gone back to its ath. its bounces around $24 rn. Thinking of cutting my losses and buy Marijuana-related stocks or uranium minerals ones any good one to invest in

There used to be way more threads dedicated to stocks. This cryptoshit has only been going on for the past 6 months. Hellow, nu-Veeky Forums.

>gold up since I bought a senior miner
>efficient, positive cash flow, and technically sitting on reserved
>stock down

Someone explain this fucking bullshit to me. All fucking miners are down since a fucking gold rally, THE SHIT THEY ARE MINING.

So? Now there aren't, what's your point? You want the only thread left to be invaded too?

Also
>i-ive been h-here longer than y-you new fag
nobody gives a shit. neck yourself

When the fuck is the earnings report supposed to drop for IGC? Cant find it anywhere for some reason

Is there some jewish trickery going on?

Everything was red or getting reddit to get red and all of a sudden some big names like AMZN and NFLX just popped 1-2%

i approve the name change. only plebs use robinhood anyways

I meant to write ready but autocorrect happend

no bulli pls

I could care less of name change, just as long as I have some place to talk about stocks with friends :)

HOLY FUCK LMAO

Hey that's how i feel too

I think it has more to do with people moving stock into “safehaven” valuable growth stocks and pulling out of the wider market.

Bought AMD at open and planning on holding into Wednesday, hopefully it keeps growing

Had to dump HBM cause it’s currently shitting itself.

What coin is this?

>there are anons who are invested in stocks without dividends
>there are anons who trade on exchanges with no interest accrual

Anyone good a good lithium stock to shill? I'm putting a little bit into that and LTBR for long-term holds. Banking on our energy infrastructure changing radically over the next couple decades.

(You)

could just buy $LIT, it holds the following

Can someone convince me why I shouldn't just be straight up in a portfolio of index funds / ETFs? Beating the market long term is basically impossible at this point for us normal people. Tons of guys in it with tons more money than me, manipulating things before I can even think about a stock let alone buy it. I'm all in on Schwab ETFs. No trade fees on my Schwab account, minuscule expense ratios, making bit better than market rate +2% dividends. I'll take it.

Also why crypto is more fun. Feels like I still have a chance at an edge there.

>MCD
I'M NOT LOVIN IT

have fun making 5% return a year

Any Britfags here?

British Car Auctions Marketplace (BCA) looks like solid buy for this year but it probably won't give returns like crypto trading does. They operate AutoTrader and WeBuyAnyCar.com as well as some actual car auctions around the UK. WeBuyAnyCar drew my attention because I've heard more and more people talking about using them and I'm even considering them myself since I can't seem to sell my car on Ebay due to scammers.

They've got strong buy ratings from two agencies as well.
hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/b/bca-marketplace-plc-ordinary-1p

Their charts have a nice longterm uptrend as well. What you reckon?

a couple days before RSII took over there where a bunch of 4,999 share buys going through. Right now there are a bunch of 4,999 share buys going through with USMJ

WHICH CRYPTO YOU BROS BUYING ONCE YOU GET YOUR ROBINHOOD INVITE?

redpill me on ETH!

Thanks, just bought 1.

How long you going to keep holding your bac+b? at some point the premium will lower with time value loss?

Some of you are ok, don't be on Wall Street tomorrow.

Thinking about doge

Get in $AKER and $NLST fast! For quick bucks!

It's a sea of red today bois....

BTC, LTC, ETH. Buy on dips and walk away.

>Eddy "Look it up" Bravo.

Figures since yesterday was my greenest day ever.

I'm selling at $5

Days like this make me regret giving up everything to play in the market.

>a cease trade order has been issued on this security

Profit taking day?
I didn't get the fucking memo!

on which one?

What the fuck is this open? Premarket looked normal, bell rings and then DUMP EVERYTHING INSTANTLY.

What? Is there some news i missed? Monday is usually green day.

shill me some blockchain stocks that will go up 1200% Veeky Forums

Wew lad, I hope I get a nice rally at the end of the day

businessinsider.com/goldman-sachs-stock-market-forecast-high-probability-of-correction-2018-1

Booooooooo.

You can stop anytime now

Did you really think one of the greenest days in recent history wouldn't be followed by a drop/correction soon after?

I would have dumped everything opening bell of the US government wasn't raping me with that day trader bullshit prejudiced law. I had too many stocks I would have wanted to re-enter before the closing bell, but fuck me for not being a richest elitist fuck right?

where have you been? That has been how the past few days went besides friday

whys everyone complaining?

Did none of you get in RSII?

What would you guys recommend for a total beginner who wants to start investing?

Not necessarily in crypto, just stock markets in general.

LOL Robinhood is about to start selling all the "dumb money" (you fags) crypto buy/sell orders to whales so they can trade against your dumbasses, just like they do with their stock platform.
JUST

Daily Canadian weed update:

Aphria has bought out Nuuvera for 800 something million. Aphria a little down, Nuuvera way up, standard pattern for takeover deals. Aphria should pump quite a bit later this week on the strength of this big acquisition. Right now is a good entry point for Aphria if you're interested in a large cap play.

Everything slightly red because US markets are being a bunch of mass selling babies.

>actually thinking that you can sell trade information from a real human being to a bot
umm...

I take it aphria isn't on Robinhood.

>actually thinking you can't...
brainlet

Thanks for the bump friend

Thanks for the update and the info!

Epic post friend

We did it reddit

>being this stupid

I don't think so. Canadian stocks are usually bought via OTC market from the US.

Also Canopy Growth down 7%. That's also a good entry point right now at around 32 bucks. Canopy mooned to mid 40's on the early new year pump.

Every broker does that.

watch for MYDX to have a small pop here soon.

Get an alt brokerage. I use Schwab. 4.99 a trade isn't bad for times when you can't get in for free.

So do I sell today or is it going back up? I'm expecting a big dip soon, too much green this month.

MCB pre earnings pump may be beginning boys, up almost 3%.

Sell at the lowest point

USMJ

it's still trading....

That's what I usually do. I'm trying to avoid that now.

>.5% is the lowest point

Get on the McD train

Do they give you discounts on the 'food' if you're a shareholder?

If only. Although it would be fun to see workers reaction to say I own part of McDonald’s.

I also did the buy high strategy

I hope Ronald fucking delivers tomorrow

Else I’ll be on a diet of strictly mchickens

> I own .00000000000005% of the company that rents it's name to your shit hole boss
> can you give me your shit for half off
> tip fedora

>Every broker does that.
>implying their are shit loads of "crypto" brokers lol

Apple is gonna recover, right?

bump

Drop Apple until Wednesday or Thursday if closes below 168 today.

>their
>implying all the crypto exchanges and coinbase aren't front running every single one of your trades as well as trading against you because of no regulations or protections

Investing.com

Basically the investing version of Wikipedia except better. It’s basically the Bible

I meant stock brokers

>> Getting destroyed
>> Worst day of year
>> Down 1.5%
Why is my life so stress free?

Never sell on a market wide slump unless you're sure a recession is in progress. In other words, hold, buy more on this low if you have the funds to do so.

Weird. Maybe it's because I'm in Canada.

I feel like people are just memeing or weakhanded

Everyone should still be up overall unless they bought absolute shit or bought at the top on Friday

AMRS moon mission!

chink stocks getting clobbered worse, futures down pretty badly

just weird, where is the money going in this situation, havens are also downy

>Can't get over that 11k hump
>Stocks push to 11k than drop back down to 7-8k always

Christ today might be the day.

Huge huge gap ups at around 5.30 and an enormous one at 5.72 to the 8 dollar range.

if you haven't been paying attention, the buying pressure has been heavy and shorts are covering.
Buy big and hold.