Crypto Trading Resources Thread

>We are all going to make it
- Veeky Forums motto.

It’s about time we help each other out.

After seeing how positive the discussion was in this thread:
It reminded me that in between the shilling and the FUD, there are people helping people here. So what tips/advice do you have for your fellow Veeky Forumsraeli.

For example this is from the other thread:

Web Radars:
rsihunter.com
cryptotracky.com
qft.hodloo.com/
cryptobasescanner.com

Telegram Bots:
@WallMonitor (Sends notifications whenever buy/sell walls get placed on exchanges on a 25% radius)
@CoinSniper (Finds the most oversold and overbought cryptocurrencies)
@WhaleSniper (Sends notifications whenever unusual amount of selling/buying activity is spotted across exchanges)
@trexMarketScan (Bittrex Market Scanner based on RSI and Relative volume. Scanning 5min candles for quick trades)

Leaks:
@ConfidentialMatrix (Palm Beach leaks)
@ClifHighLeaks
@AltucherLeaks
@CryptoCueLeaks
@CryptosMagazineLeaks
@SharkCIALeaks

TA Analysis:
@CryptoCharters
@GetGoodTA (dude even gives free portfolio advice)

News & Commentary:
@Blockchainfarm
@CryptoCATALYST
@@VerifiedCryptoNews
@BitcoinBravado
@Blockion

My personal contribution especially to newfags is to not be afraid to lurk etherdelta regularly for hidden gems. I bought ELIX at 7 cents it literally went 40x. Set your gas price to 40 Use this guide and you Can’t go wrong:

masterthecrypto.com/guide-etherdelta-exchange-trade-etherdelta/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Haejin_Crypto
github.com/ExperimentsWithCode/crypto_interface
jbuty.com/how-to-get-crypto-currencies-rates-and-more-in-google-sheet-1a57e571bc14
coinmarketcal.com/
picoloresearch.com
solume.io
cointracking.info/
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bittrex-enhanced/opefelljddckamffnphohkknfgbdnham
marstrades.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good thread.

Bump for visibility

No one else wants to contribute?

What's a good way to get into trading? I feel like I'm too stupid and I have no idea what I'm doing. Is my only option to DYOR and hold?

TA Analysis:
twitter.com/Haejin_Crypto

>p
Day trading or just trading? For day trading his original thread on OP includes his methodology

Any fellow brazilians to explain how this 35k tax thing works?
If Ive made 100k profits from crypto, can I just cash out 35k at a time so I wont get taxed? Is that how it works?

Does that RSI and BB stuff work for everything though? I assume probably not shitcoins, but would it work for anything in the top 100? Or only BTC/USD or ETH/USD?

Secondly, how do you know which candles to pick and which options to pick for BB?

All this stuff is really confusing.

thank you so much user, this is some really useful info there! we need more anons like you

Another good source is Coinmarketcal - its not TA but its a crypto calendar and you can see incoming events for various coins and sometimes anticipate the euphoria (forks, airdrops....)

also Solume is good
it measures how much the coin is mentioned on social media (mostly twitter i think).

please guys keep the good karma chain alive - post your resources....we are all gonna make it

>Coinmarketcal
I actually prefer
cryptocalendar
.pro
as a calendar.

Looking at the RSI for XLM/BTC I don't get what's happening, how did it recently suddenly go from being overbought to oversold while staying at similar sats?

yeah heard of it already but have continued using marketcal our of inertia...will check your source user

Hey Veeky Forums. I'm a student who has some spare time, I've got about a ~1K surplus on my 'rainy day' fund and I'd like to see if I can apply some of my ECON classes to make shekels over the semester.

I'm curious how you all got into the market and how it worked for you. Did you gamble it all on one coin, go even on a few, play a wide spread, buy into X coin when news of a major dip comes, then sell after Y time? Why'd you do it, and what resulted?

Excellent post, I'll add to it some of the things I have learned, it's all basic stuff but people still don't seem to get it.

1) don't chase every moon, narrow your choices down to 5 at the most, keep a little bit of spare cash for swing trading and icos.

2) always check btc/eth before trading, their prices and trends have the biggest influence of anything over the price of alt coins, knowing what they are doing is vital for knowing what your alt might do (unless news etc)

3) the hardest one to follow, never buy into ATH, if there's hype but it's already pumped close the chart and forget about it, you've missed the boat. There is ALWAYS a correction.

4) never sell at lows, just as coins don't just keep going up they don't just keep going down either. If you bought high and are down 40-50% but it's a good coin then just take the hit and hold it. Only sell if it's a scam or whatever.

5) don't stare at charts all night, this makes you impatient and your brain finds all sorts of 'signals' to justify pointless trades. This is where you make the most bad decisions.

6) don't buy into hype or sell into FUD, read it, check it from multiple different sources and you generally find out it's nothing. You have to trust your initial decision.

7) learn how to read charts, people will tell you TA is bull shit but it isn't, only when news comes out does TA not apply.

TA is important for checking up/downtrends, support and resistance areas and patterns in the charts. Most importantly though check the volume, is there enough volume to justify the pump? Is there enough volume to support the price increase?

Big volume spikes and a relevant candle can often indicate a trend reversal. Also big price spikes carrying a small amount of volume indicate a pump and dump.

Forgot to add, when doing TA start from daily and work backwards, never try to judge trends on anything less than 4h charts, only use 5m charts for finding entry and exit points.

Where did you learn most of your stuff ?

here's what you do

take your money and put it into every single fucking coin

don't own it? buy it. only have 100$? buy 1$ of every coin and go to fucking work and get more money and do this again

can't buy it? mine it. get some shitty 1060 or try to buy 1070/1080's on sale and put one in your shitty computer and mine shitcoins for free new coins to add to your portfolio or dump to buy more coins

if you can't build a simple PC to mine coins then you shouldn't be in this industry

>well i-i-i-i i dont have money

go to fucking work, stop jerking off, smoke less dope (don't need to cut it out completely) and get in tune with your people's history

your brain doesn't work right if you can't make money in this environment and need to beg people to advise you, you're a goy, and will never rbe like me

Finally a thread I can relate too:

WaveTrend with Crosses LazyBear
MACD Split Colors
Stoch RSI
TD Sequential
Ichikmoku cloud

Time frames:
- 1day
- 4hr
- 30min

Also, goto Screener on Trading View and use the following filters and find your next x10:
MACD
RSI
Change from open
Volatility

Good post. Finally something good

if you are risk averse this is not souch a stupid advice desu.
if you wanna invest this way i would advise you to check out Iconomi, they have like 15 different index funds, i think for normal people thats the best way to invest into crypto...

Where do you get started actually converting $s into coin ?
Are there fees that will just choke your profit out ?
How do you go about actually selling/buying coins while doing TA ?

Cade os brasileiros nessa merda

>Stoch RSI
why is it better than regular rsi?

this is nice thread OP

I'm the OP from the last thread and I'm fucking happy that you guys are responding this way. Veeky Forums needs to cleanse itself from all this shitposting. Thanks for that ED guide!

finally another tradingview user! omg I had never used Screener. what a brilliant tool! what other userscripts have you found so far that work?

The user in the other thread was a boss. Seriously top tier advice.

also would like to hear an opinion

I would recommend Fork delta instead oft etherdelta. Its a litte bit fast, has more tokens and it automaticly sets the gas price based in ethgastation.

I also found a free traiding bot that works with a lot of popular exhangescalled "gekko" .You can Programm your own Strategie vor use preexisting ones. Havent tested it out but im going to Start daytraiding ltc/eur with 2* leverage using the preexisting EMA strategie linke this:
Short 5
Long 15
Stoploss 1%
Some user suggested this strategie yesterday Im definetly going to try it out after i've passend all my exams

Great webPortfolio: coin.fyi
+multiple Portfolios
+news
+searching for coins shows all relevant links to the whitepaper,Website and leddit community

github.com/ExperimentsWithCode/crypto_interface
Python Programm that tracks how offen a coin is shilled in reddit/Veeky Forums Gould geht it to works yet because i dont now what i should write in the reddit secret and reddit API section

Just wanted to thank you OP for good advice and inspiring this thread.

I literally just got burnt day trading today, was up 60 FOTA then the whales moved the price so much I panicked and bought back in at less tokens than I had originally entered for. Hence why I found your thread particularly useful.

Threads like this is what biz needs, I am going to and post a “Crypto Trading Resource General” everyday and reference this one and future threads so we can keep these good advice threads going.

Thank you all to all those that have contributed this thread

Looking for a simple bot that would scan binance at different intervals (1m, 5m, 30m...) and check values based on StochRSI, MACD and BOLL.
Basically a dip alert. I could manage to make one myself given the proper tools.

you guys are the heroes that Veeky Forums needs

"couldnt geht it to work yet because I dont know what I should write in the reddit secret and reddit API section"
Hope you understand what i mean. Phoneposting + german autocorrect dont mix well

rsi hunter is basically that.

Thanks! Never heard of forkdelta. Is it safe to use? (A lot of people associate etherdelta with phishing etc) how does the volume compare? Is it the same exchange?

Also in general would love to hear anyone else’s advice for trading on bitmex. Correct me if I am wrong but going 50 x or even 100 x long on BTC as soon as you get a tetherpint notification surely seems like a good strategy?

jbuty.com/how-to-get-crypto-currencies-rates-and-more-in-google-sheet-1a57e571bc14
Chrome Plugin for Google spreasheet allows to track the price of a currency pair in an exchange in any given day. Im going to use this for my taxes

Wow, lying faggot.

Good thread, thank you OP

What exchange do people recommend?

There should be a beginning crypto/resources sticky, like the beginning guide on Veeky Forums

When you makke a Reddit account you can register an app and find the key and secret in your account, also.look.up oauth and praw

bubmp

Find the highest volume exchange that your coin is listed on.

What is best portfolio allocation dear bizraelis. For example buy 10 coins each 0.03 btc or buy 5 coins 0.06 btc.

the only point of diversification to me is if your funds are enough to upset the market in the case of an all in move
that is if youre looking for biggest gainzz

Fuck outta here with your negativity boi. That thread was going nowhere and I had to make a new one so more people saw the information.

Thank YOU for continuing. You're a brave soul if you do follow up and start doing everyday threads. Let's make this community smarter. Stop following other people's calls and shills and do your own trading/reseaching.

How did you get the CryptoInterface working? I'm a programming noob and installed python andwhatnot but I could never get it to run :(

Also, here's more resources to help you guys:
coinmarketcal.com/
>Check upcoming events on your favorite coins)

picoloresearch.com
>ICO research reports

solume.io
>Crypto social media analysis. Would love if they incorporated Veeky Forums as they currently only track twitter and reddit sentiment

cointracking.info/
>Keep track of your trading. It's not just a dumb portfolio tracker, it also spits out info like average costs (useful when you get burned and need to average down in order to break even), unrealized gains, trade analysis, etc

Bittrex Enhanced
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bittrex-enhanced/opefelljddckamffnphohkknfgbdnham
>Chrome extension that replaces the shitty laggy default Bittrex charts with TradingView charts

MarsTrades
marstrades.com/
>Free bot that allows you to set trailing stop-losses on Bittrex. Useful for when coins are mooning

This. I'm going to start splitting a small amount of monthly extras into each of the top 10 that month. Maybe just $10-20 into each. Then keep another bit aside for moonshots and ICO's. Do for a year. End game NEO/ETH.

Swing Trade shitcoins back and fourth between shitcoin/ETH essentially this is a ForEx of sorts.

Thanks alot kniw I understand def going to check them out oh and before I forget
>>reddit

Its really easy you just have to follow instructions. The hardest part is installing all the dependencies if you clone the repo you should see a txt file listing numerous programms like for example pandas. To install go to your therminal ( assuming you use Linux) and do sudo pip install "packagename" for every package.

holy shit these morons dont even know how a bollinger band works ahahahaha

i have only 0.5 btc, so should i go all in with my best pics

id say so, yes but be careful

Yes that's exactly where I got stuck, installing all the dependencies. Apparently pandas inclues a module called numpy and for some reason I always get some dumb error when I try to install it

Which RSI should I use on Screener?

Do we agree that the safest all in coin is VEN?

Wow the screener's pretty neat
It's basically the rsi of the rsi. Good for timing swings but you need to look at other indicators first

blockterm.com

Crypto terminal web site with widget style customisation.

Its new an a fast developing website. Feel free to ask them for new features and report bugs.

BUMP FOR KNOWLEDGE